Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@psrquack wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

If only there were guaranteed cash out button after each round, i would jump in to that wagon :laugh:

Köln, Hoffenheim, Dortmund. No value jumping in right now imo.

Bayern: Hoffenheim, Augsburg, Union Berlin- that should be 9 points for Bayern. Schalke can't take the lead and decrease the odds.

I think odds go down if they just win matches, no need to be in lead. In long run that is, couple of matches probly make much difference.

• Like 1

What kind of a crazy smurf cult is that here? You guys have lost it! :laugh:

The BVB now with 5 tough match-ups coming up and I like that!  Freiburg on the road, then we have the national team break. After that, we're looking at 3 tough weeks of make or break competition:

At home against Gladbach, on the road in Smurfs' village, at home against Wolfsburg and on the road against Bayern. With a cup game against Gladbach and UCL games against Inter in between! :wow: After that stretch, we'll see... 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

And the only home team NOT to lose this week was....US! That's who...:atisfied:

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@psrquack wrote:

1-0 for Mainz. It seems my guess stands about Hertha's this year's performance.

Hertha will be in trouble, they said.

Cashing out after week 6 will lead to profit, they said!

buli.PNG.762fbd478ca6fd143379392755ea5a6e.PNG

Interesting split we have right now between the upper and the lower half, with maybe Bremen and Hertha being the only teams to get into the top-9 as well! The situation for Paderborn looks worse than it really is:

We played:  1 Bayern; 3 Freiburg; 4 Schalke, 6 Leverkusen; 7 Wolfsburg and 10 Hertha so far. What happens if you beat 1 or 2 of the underdogs can be seen with Hertha right now. The game against Bayern was great, but a win at home against Mainz next weekend would be really important!

The BVB with a make or break schedule over the next 5 games: At 3 Freiburg, at home against 5 Gladbach, at 4 Smurf Village, at home against 7 Wolfsburg and at 1 Bayern! The game in München is a toss-up, the rest should be won on quality alone. If Favre is able to make coaching adjustments, then we can go on a run here. If we continue to drop points and continue to concede 1 goal at home and 2 goals on the road per game, his job is definitely on the line. Anybody available who wants to redeem himself?

tenor

• Like 2

@psrquack wrote:

Hey @WuDu , please explain me if you write "us", or "we" then we should think about Paderborn or BVB? Thanks.

giphy

2-0 at Slavia Prague! Important W, especially since Inter is leading Barca right now! The result sounds much better than it really was, if not for a galactic individual performance of Hakimi and a lack of quality by Slavia, this could have gone the other way, easily! I'm now officially on the anti Favre bandwaggon! Nice guy, great coach, but this is not going to work out much longer. At this point, I'd rather have Mourinho and his bus...

Man of the match: Hakimi!!!!!!! Two goals and was playing everywhere, left wing, right wing, offense, defense, you name it. Even better performance than the one against Atletico when he assisted 3 times

Good performers today: Brandt with two great assists and a few more opening passes! Bürki also scared a few Slavia players a little bit.

Bad performers: Sancho and Favre.

Bum of the match: Marco Reus! Nice active recovery session he had today! 😠

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@WuDu, Tedesco is also available - doubt he'd want to move to the dark side though ;)

Good to hear, you can never have enough good people to clean up the stadium after a Bundesliga matchday! As a head coach though? After Wagner's performance, his value is so high right now that he's rumoured to be interested in going to Moscow! :laugh:

Hannover 96 is in deep trouble in the 2. Bundesliga right now, that would be his ideal destination in Germany, but I guess Tedesco ball doesn't fit their new "identity"...

Now Favre is getting celebrated for playing Hakimi more offensively yesterday! :speechless:

Hmm:

“Aubameyang, who plays great at Arsenal, will probably be warm-hearted when he looks at his bank account, but on Wednesdays will be saddened when he has to watch the Champions League on television.”

Watze in Süddeutsche Zeitung.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dortmund-chief-watzke-a-clown-says-arsenal-star-aubameyang/ar-AAIdJII?li=BBoPWjP

Hmm2:

"Better for you I never talk about why I really left Dortmund Mr Watzke you such a clown  I remember that time you said we never gonna sell Ousmane then you saw more than 100M you were the first to take that moneydon’t talk about money please!!! Leave me alone pls"

Aubameyang on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Aubameyang7/status/1179726155672408065

Those little episodes show why Dortmund is not in good form right now.

• Like 1

@psrquack 

Oh come on....

Are we talking about the same Auba here? The one who wanted to leave for Tianjin in the summer of 2017 before Barca even made an offer for Dembele? The same Auba who then went on strike or in "I don't care mode", so he had to be suspended for a game in early 2018?

It's OK, he's getting paid and can play for the "Golden Pineapple" with Arsenal now ( to use some German expression, because there obviously isn't one fitting like that in English).

@psrquack wrote:

I don't know what happened previously, I only see caring with former players instead of focusing on your job dramatically decreasing your efficiency. I don't think Watzke should say that even if he is right.

Watzke has nothing to do with the daily football operations. So I don't see how this is affecting the team! Simply look at what Uli Hoeness is doing on a regular basis for Bayern, Watzke is far away from that...

Besides, obviously he was right, otherwise Auba wouldn't have felt the sting so much...:laugh: But hey, playing on Thursday in the Europa League against Liege and Guimaraes is probably nice as well...:laugh:

• Like 1

@psrquack 

I think it's save to assume that Hertha is not imminently involved in fighting relegation, don't you think?

The BVB is playing in Freiburg tomorrow and this is another must win game for us! The game against Slavia was ugly, but hopefully, Favre is finally making some changes!

PeskyPastelArcherfish-size_restricted

Whom am I kidding? Missing the game will be Alcacer (for you playing fantasy) and Schulz. I'm expecting some rotation up front as well. Sancho or Reus are candidates to be sitting out at first and coming on in the second half (Sancho).  To me, Brandt played well in Prague and I would like to see him behind our main foward playing the 10 tomorrow. Götze should come on as well. A little fun fact:

The BVB played 10 games in total this season,  guess who's the only player that played every minute so far?

source

Manuel Akanji! You gotta be kidding me....

The smurfs are playing Köln tomorrow in prime time, so you fools will probably continue dreaming about them being contenders...:Laugh:

The SCP is hosting Mainz and this is a game that we should be winning in order to stay in the league! The performance against Bayern was great, now it's time to win and put the pressure on the other teams!

@psrquack wrote:

Agree, never thought there will be such a weak teams in Budesliga this season like Paderborn.

Btw I wish you happy cheering for tomorrows Schalke+RB win (you need it for betting league). Glad there aren't any rivals for BVB.😛

At least not as weak as Tottenham...:laugh:

Wait until you see my fantasy team! Red Bull, Smurfs and Bayern! Reus and Alcacer have been sold!

We'll see, except Freiburg-BVB, all picks are system picks. Maybe I can make it 3 in a row ITM, especially if there aren't too many draws this Saturday!

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

I think RB will play a draw in Leverkusen 1:2 for BVB and 3-1 for Schalke. It will be the do or die game for Paderborn, but odds are decreasing for Mainz, so that game is very questionable for me.

:laugh: There are no do or die games in October! Not that odds movements mean anything, especially one day before the match, but the SCP is the slight favorite whose odds dropped as well. We'll see, in order to win games, you need to score goals and we're capable of doing so! Cauly, Pröger, Mamba and Michel against Mainz that conceded 11 goals in 3 away games so far...

No do or die matches? You made me laughing. The team have only 1 point. If they can't win the gap will be even bigger and the pressure aswell. Freshly promoted teams need a feedback they are able to win in the higher division too or will play the role as Hannover or Nürnberg played last year.

@Livertool 

Nah, I'm not that extreme, however now that Hernandez has a hurt knee again, Bayern is slowly but surely running out of rotational options. Lewa and Kimmich all the way for me...

@psrquack wrote:

No do or die matches? You made me laughing. The team have only 1 point. If they can't win the gap will be even bigger and the pressure aswell. Freshly promoted teams need a feedback they are able to win in the higher division too or will play the role as Hannover or Nürnberg played last year.

Come on, @psrquack now you're reaching magicadil levels of hysteria! :laugh: I agree with you, if you want to stay in the league, these are the type of games you have to win! We've played OK so far at home, Mainz sucks on the road! We're coming off a great game, Mainz is in trouble. Even the weather is nasty right now with 10° C and spurts of rain over the last few days. However what happens if we lose? We still have 11 (!!!!!!!!!) games against the other 6 trash teams left. Köln is not going to get away from us this week. Düsseldorf has already lost and Union/Augsburg have to travel to difficult opponents.

Again, the season is not going to be decided in October. Look at 96 last year, even they were very well alive up until the final few games.

• Like 1