Unibet Online Series part 2 it's on the way

Leo-Unibet

@Leo-Unibet sorry if this has been answered before but what happens if you end up with an excess of UO79 tickets post event.  I recall reading you must re-enter with them should that option occurr but if you still have excess what then?  Converted to cash/mtt tickets?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sect7G and @MoreTBC those were the rules last time indeed. UOS E76 tickets that weren't used in the final event could be used in Supernova 100 without the possibility of being broken down. I think it's safe to assume the rules haven't changed but I've e-mailed Leo about this question and we'll get an answer most probably tomorrow. :)

Update: The E76 tickets can be used on Supernova 100 after UOS is finished @Sect7G and @MoreTBC.
/Ray

Former Community Moderator

@Leo-Unibet I always call it as I see it and want you to know that so far these structures have been great.  

Just an idea for Unibet... for the two Sundays you guys should do some massive coverage of the events via blogs for all 3 tiers.  A solid write up would encourage more players to partake.  F/T's could be commentated by team pros and put on YouTube.

@Sect7G wrote:

@Leo-Unibet I always call it as I see it and want you to know that so far these structures have been great.  

Just an idea for Unibet... for the two Sundays you guys should do some massive coverage of the events via blogs for all 3 tiers.  A solid write up would encourage more players to partake.  F/T's could be commentated by team pros and put on YouTube.

@Sect7G Cool idea, I will communicate the idea interal...good luck in the series

@Farseer wrote:

It would be much worse if only cashes would bring points (and it would make stalling even more preferrable for everyone as bubble gets closer) as it would make it borderline impossible to beat someone who wins 2 tournaments and it defeats the purpose of whole leaderboard idea in my opinion.

@Farseer Quite ironical that you talk about the stalling like this. You've been time-bank folding continuously in all the tournaments, just to ladder up in the points. Multiple people in twitch chat complained about you the past few days. You also annoyed me with your stalling in the Nano yesterday with like 150 people still left. Any explanations? I really think it's bad etiquette. 

@Farseer Quite ironical that you talk about the stalling like this. You've been time-bank folding continuously in all the tournaments, just to ladder up in the points. Multiple people in twitch chat complained about you the past few days. You also annoyed me with your stalling in the Nano yesterday with like 150 people still left. Any explanations? I really think it's bad etiquette. 

You're entitled for your opinion, as I am to mine. I am pretty that I would get more points (and certainly more money) by earlyregistering and playing my best game. However I rather have 1-2 hours more free time and enjoy lovely weather. Those Nano tournaments are a bit stupid to play for me since they effectively offer no money prices, but points for (overall) leaderboard. But there's good news: as they have lots of participants it is highly unlikely though that you will end up sitting next to me.

Let me tell you a short story: back @ old times when Unibet was still part of another network they had an 20€ hyper rebuy tournament which offered 3000 chips starting stack / rebuy and 20 000 chips add-on for same price. Late registration lasted 5 minute at blinds of 1000/2000/200 and 1250/2500/250. Every player stalled, and there was (and still is, frankly) a glitch in the software which allowed player to request rebuy after hand but NOT take it which slowed down game for about 20s. In the end most players who late registered got to the add-on without any rebuys. Was this unethical? Maybe for some, but almost all players did it and it would've been outright burning money to do otherwise. Network was well aware of the bug but did nothing to stop it, instead bringing up more and more hyper rebuys like that.

I personally would think that @ poker where money is involved unethical is mostly actions like collusion, superusers, sharing accounts etc. All such things that are and must be forbidden to keep games clean. Stalling is not one of them, as any player can freely choose if they do it or not. It has its merits, but there are downsides too. Roughly anyone do it near the bubble especially @ satellites anyway.

If timebanking is a problem for Unibet, they could fix it easily. Shorten time to act pre-flop (while keeping enough time to act post-flop when all the hard decisions happen) and make timebank longer + automatic but so that it doesn't refill after every hand (like 30s from the start, 10s after each 3 levels or so) . That way stalling will lose almost all of its effect, while it would still offer time to think @ crucial points (even more so than now). Personally I think that a non-automatic timebank which refills after every hand is ridiculous thing to have, but that's how Unibet have decided to go. 

And frankly yesterday I was a bit drunk after having a barbeque with friends so really used much of the extra time to do decisions anyway.

@Farseer First of all, this problem isn't fixable from the side of Unibet. This discussion has been held before on another topic about a staller in the sit and go's. Unibet still needs to give enough time for whenever someone has a legit decision on their hands. Thus, there will always be someone who abuses the timebank in a way that it wasn't designed for. 

Secondly, you shouldn't come up with such an excuse, as playing a 9BB stack shouldn't give you that much thought that you have to timebank to the last second hand after hand after hand. As you seem to be in poker for a long time already, those should be mostly instant decisions, no? 

The 'good news' that it is unlikely to end up at the same table as you, really is an empty argument. As I said, I'm not the only one who is annoyed by it. I'm pretty sure at least half of the players on every table where you do it, hates it. Most of all even in the nano's, as they are full of recreationals who only play 1/2 tables for fun, not to wait an extra 20 seconds every orbit for some reg that wants to ladder up some LB points. And why even? To ladder from 14 points to 17 points? Come on man. Heaps of players are giving it their all for the leaderboard, but you don't see five stallers at every table. Thank god. Chronic stalling like this, just ruins the experience for most people at the table. 

Anyway, I myself won't be playing too many events anymore as I have exams at Uni starting next Monday. I'll probably just play some more juicy high events, so I did not come here just because I didn't like that someone was stalling at my table. I wanted to let you know that several people are talking about your stalling, and probably many more people are annoyed by it. If you don't care about the experience of other players on your table, that's your choice.

Good luck in the series, although I won't be the one cheering you on as you may have guessed 😉

That;s fine in certain situations @Merenitsu but I'm with @Caladrias on this issue. It wasn't @Farseer on my table last night but 2 short stacks, one in particular, timed all the way down, EVERY hand, wether there was a decision to make or not, getting on for an hour from 100 or so left till the bubble burst, and it was absolutely mind numbingly, excruciatingly, will sappingly, frustratingly, needlessly, totally and utterly

BORING , BORING, BORING.

Yes, they were folding to "win" tuppence ha'penny, but c'mon guys, it was all in or fold every time, no decision time needed.😠

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

There were no nerves involved @Merenitsu, he knew he'd be called if he shoved, but he could have folded after a few seconds just to be polite and keep the game flowing, not necessary in my opinion.😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I have no problem with people stalling when there are 5-10 people till you get ITM, but if you do it with 50+ till ITM as GR1ZZL3R said then your greediness levels are through the roof and you definitely sold your soul for one cent/point more. And if you think somehow it's justified because others do it, then you have 0 etiquette and are really bad for the ecosystem. But i guess this is the world we live in, some people just can't be fair play. #FeelsBadMan

@Leo-Unibet

My table glitched at the end of rebuys. I was given option to rebuy which I said yes too using a ticket, and I was given option to addon which I thought I did using cash. But it seems the addon didnt work and then it gave me no options onscreen to complete the addon. 

1617725217_AddonGlitch.png.f3fbbf4665a48b54c7106e75defa86c0.png

Archived