Unibet Online Series part 2 it's on the way

Leo-Unibet

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MetalWolf wrote:

Awful night for me!!

#metoo 🆒

That 0.25 was ridiculous. When i had something ALWAYS no action, and it was donkfest, allin after allin, i was raised almost always holding s h i t t y cards yet somehow they left me alone with KK and AA on BB :geek:. Always on short somehow made 145 place. Some points at least lol

And with that 0.50 its no way i will be playin this from the start again. When you latereq this after more than 1h you already making some points :P

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@Leo-Unibet I really think you should strongly consider awarding LB points to only players that cash.  Having late reggers join for the sole purpose to maximize LB ev goes against the spirit of the competition.  We are here to play... not angle.

Half the field is more than ok for points (100 rewards in leaderboard, many MTTs have less paid places), but 2h latereq is too much IMO.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@MoreTBC wrote:

@GothMoth wrote:

+1 on everything in your post @MoreTBC

Except the opinions about the  "low" rebuys being silly.

To sum up:

best scenario - 1 buy-in +  add-on = €20 total

common - 1 buy-in + 1 rebuy or double + add-on = 30-40

worst - table full of maniacs, no luck and no will to quit :laugh:  then better save your money for the main events.

Would you play a €10 R/A outside the UOS?

If Yes: You have no issue.

If No: Don't play the UOS one either.

Not all promos are created equally. The High Stakes races are not designed for NL4 grinders, the weekly missions are not designed for guys spending €1k+ on MTTs a week. The leaderboards is there as an extra incentive for players that are already playing the UOS. You're not required to play every event to win some money.

There are no €10 R/A outside the UOS at Unibet, not counting Sputnik which is like a R/A SNG and had add-on issues. The replacement of Cosmic Rays with Exoplanet on Sunday left me without Sunday 9-max major tourney 😞 So lately I play The Supernova if I manage to qualify for 20-30 euros :cash:

The problem with the UOS I think is the new 2 levels apart the late reg and add-on. This makes the MTTs more expensive as the option for buy-in + add-on isn't practical and this is the thing which many underbankrolled or not accustomed to rebuys players do in such series.

I personally have no problem to make 4-5 rebuys in the Multiverses esp if the table is good, but at UOS with these larger fields, longer levels, leaderboards and increased variance the €10 R/A are too expensive compared to the other LOW buy-ins. Bankrollwise it's better to play the high €25 bounties and even maybe some of the €50 freezeouts.

Actually I'm pretty happy that UOS finally are fact and hopefully will become better with every edition. That's why I'm pointing out some things that probably will appeal to the MTT players playing mostly €1-€10 tourneys

@theMachine wrote:

theMachine DEMANDS LONGER REGISTRATION!

I rather have long registration periods. If other players want to join for 10bb stacks or less, be my guest. Yes, I see the problem with the leaderboard but – IMO – it’s more important to make sure Unibet reaches those guarantees, so we can play for bigger price pools. Also, when you register early you have way more time to accumulate chips, so you are way more likely to make a deep run than players that are super late to the party.

@sgriff I kind of disagree that the leaderboard is "pro" orientated. Most pros that will come over for the 25 or 50€ tournaments will care about their hourly and won't bother with the 10 cent games, and the way the leaderboard is right now they have no chance at the overall leaderboard. Yes David Lappin won the leaderboard last time, but if he wasn't a unibet ambassador I highly doubt he would have even considered playing the small games, also he ran really hot 😏

The people that do have an advantage are the people that don't have any other responsibilities, and while that advantages me, I do think it discourages some people, and it's the thing that contributes to the whole "this game is too high stakes for this level" problem. People should still have a shot at the leaderboard even if they skip a few games, wether it's because they didn't have the time or because the game didn't fit their bankroll. But somehow make it so that all levels matter as well, otherwise you end up with the opposite of what I mentioned at first, the people that come over for the 25 and 50s will be the only ones with a chance. This and the regging into the points definitly need to be taken into consideration for the next leaderboards in the way points are rewarded.

And moretbc is right, the tournaments are really good even without a leaderboard. It's kinda silly that the chance of some extra money on top of that suddenly makes them not as good in some people's eyes. 

I think there's a bit too much fuzz about the late regging into the points to be honest. I must say I agree with @GamesDean. If people late reg with 10bb, it's very easy to take advantage of them. They're basically throwing money at us to catch it. 

And if you do the maths on it, it really seems like max late registering all the events won't get you anywhere near the top of the leaderboards anyway, unless you run very hot.

I can understand the frustration though, as it doesn't seem fair that some people are awarded leaderboard points without even playing a single hand. But I guess that Unibet Staff will analyse their data after the series to check if the persistent late-reggers make it high into the leaderboards. My guess would be they don't, and they probably don't win big money in the events itself too. They might 'steal' some money in the lower regions of the leaderboards, but so what, they probably lose more money in the MTTs along the way. Just grab it there 😃

Really too many idiots in the Nano games, so I recommend latereg at least wait an hour or risk losing your stack early . I lost with AA and KK , no big deal , but they call you with any hand.   

So for me Nano latereg and Low I play from the start .,  

More disappointing this river for me UO series 5 € buy the first hand. I can not believe that this is happening on this site where I was most confident that it is the closest to real. Lately I've been getting more and more often lost on the river. I'm thinking ......Screenshot_20180529-200210.thumb.jpg.4c040852e53ca23562571ff2322a020d.jpg

Good luck to those who still believe in this software.  ‍

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@sgriff I kind of disagree that the leaderboard is "pro" orientated. Most pros that will come over for the 25 or 50€ tournaments will care about their hourly and won't bother with the 10 cent games, and the way the leaderboard is right now they have no chance at the overall leaderboard. Yes David Lappin won the leaderboard last time, but if he wasn't a unibet ambassador I highly doubt he would have even considered playing the small games, also he ran really hot 😏

The people that do have an advantage are the people that don't have any other responsibilities, and while that advantages me, I do think it discourages some people, and it's the thing that contributes to the whole "this game is too high stakes for this level" problem. People should still have a shot at the leaderboard even if they skip a few games, wether it's because they didn't have the time or because the game didn't fit their bankroll. But somehow make it so that all levels matter as well, otherwise you end up with the opposite of what I mentioned at first, the people that come over for the 25 and 50s will be the only ones with a chance. This and the regging into the points definitly need to be taken into consideration for the next leaderboards in the way points are rewarded.

And moretbc is right, the tournaments are really good even without a leaderboard. It's kinda silly that the chance of some extra money on top of that suddenly makes them not as good in some people's eyes. 

Ignore me @FeelsBadMan.  I was just being grumpy as I was hoping to take part in the leaderboard challenge, but then realised that the format made it a non-starter for a serious attempt.

You are right - numbers-wise, it's more the grinders that have the advantage in this tournament as the nano buy-ins nicely keeps the non-Unibet pros away (hopefully).  I would actually relish the opportunity to take on the pros, but my gripe is that holding the event over 14 days non-stop prevents a level playing field.  If I was to miss say 2 days I'd be giving the Unibet pros and the better grinders amongst the community a 12 tournament head start which doesn't appeal to me.  My ego isn't big enough to think I could claw that disadvantage back.    Coupled with the laptop not working with Unibet software (but it works with every other poker client!)  means 12-14 days confined to my study using the pc based there which doesn't appeal. 

I don't play tournaments that often as they are time-consuming.  WIth the leaderboard challenge, I would have made the effort for a 7-day event, but 14 days commitment is just too long.   You and others make a good point that it's good that extra mtts are being laid on and don't worry about the leaderboard.  That is true for those that like to play tournaments, but for me the attraction is competing in the leaderboard.  Without that challenge, I'm 'meh' on the prospect of playing.

I probably over-reacted, but admit to being sensitive to any move which could be seen of Unibet favouring non casual players given that the appeal of playing with Unibet for me is treating casual players better than a lot of the competition,  I know other sites have tougher leaderboard participation criteria (which is why I ignore them), I just think this leaderboard could have been made a little more accessible. eg 7 or 10 days or having a break in the middle of the 2 weeks.

Anyway, I'll be skipping it, but good luck to all of you that are taking part and hopefully someone from the community will win. 

I actually think that there's only thing in the leaderboard which promotes late registration: it's the rule of top50% finishers gets points. And even that is quite mild, because lower spots give so much less points for the leaderboard. If you play from the start you get much better shot to get great amount of points which is another option. It would be much worse if only cashes would bring points (and it would make stalling even more preferrable for everyone as bubble gets closer) as it would make it borderline impossible to beat someone who wins 2 tournaments and it defeats the purpose of whole leaderboard idea in my opinion.

It's almost impossible to win or even get to top5 at this leaderboard without winning / having multiple good FT-results. Mainly only chance is that you get @ top10% in like over half of the tournaments. Pretty well done leaderboard point system in my opinion and it is good that most tournaments are relatively same sized. Most of the leaderboard I have seen have been super poorly executed, most usual problem being that winner of the largest tournament (always) every time wins the leaderboard, which is just straight out stupid or there's the problem that winning a 100 player and 10000 player tournament tournament makes absolutely no difference. 

Archived