New MTT Schedule - Excel file link

DavidP_Unibet

@MoreTBC wrote:

Back again :)

Today's gripes are with the naming convention for tournaments and the schedule being the same on weekdays and weekends. Let's start with the names first.

Capture.thumb.PNG.06731783a8792d0c776b09a88f02a549.PNG

These are all the PKOs on the schedule when you filter the spreadsheet. The legend suggests that all of these should be called 'Shooting Star' but they are not. The Ice Giant (being the Sunday major) and the Dwarf Star (being a nightly major) are fine but there is also a Fireball PKO and a Singularity PKO. It's all a little confusing (and probably just typos)

My main issue is the structure of a 'Shooting Star'. What is it? There are 6-max and 9 max ones, there are 4/6/8 minute level ones, 3k/5k/10k starting stack ones, 15/30 and 25/50 starting ones.. basically without having to use the clunky MTT info box that takes up a chunk of the schedule whenever you click on it you have no idea what you're registering other than it's a PKO. 

My solution, less variety :) Yes, I know that sounds like a contradiction from the last post but there is method in the madness. Until the time where there is either colour coding, symbols or a better MTT info box in the lobby I think the Shooting Star should have one structure (well 2, a 6-max Shooting star and a 9-Max). What the nuts and bolts of it would be don't really matter too much (I'd go for 15/30 - 3k starting - 4min personally ;)) but at least it would be same every time you registered. Then you add a second 'x Star' name (let's call it the Dark Star) and have a 25/50 - 5k - 8 minutes for example. Then you have consistent structures all the time and when general consensus is it's too fast or slow it's an easier fix. At the moment feedback would be the xx:xx Shooting star is too fast but the yy:yy shooting star is too slow. 

In general I think the naming is flawed because MTTs can be a combination of things in the current legend. Level speed, entry amount and game format all cross over so having individual names for each is confusing. Technically the 09:45 Shooting Star is a Deep Space Singularity Shooting Star :) I suppose what I'm getting at is I can go on another client and know what I'm getting into when I register a Bounty Builder, for example. I don't need to check the structure because they're always the same. They have other PKOs that are just called PKOs and have a different structures as well as the branded ones. Basically I don't think every MTT needs to have a space name but the ones that do should have the same structure. 

I'll be honest, my second point has not been researched and is based purely on how the old schedule worked. The late morning/afternoon schedule used to be terrible. It wasn't terrible if you worked 9-5 and didn't see it but on a Saturday and Sunday you got the full effect of it. I guessing it was designed to make sure GTDs were hit during the week which makes sense Mon-Fri but not at the weekend. You'll have the stats on player numbers on a Sat-Sun during the day but guessing they are more playing than weekdays at the same time. With this in mind I think it would be good to add extra or different MTTs to the weekend schedule that don't run during the week. If there are more players then more MTTs can run and bigger guarantees can be offered. The Saturday Stack appears to be gone now so there is nothing special for the weekend warrior to play on a Saturday night now. Even if it's a slight GTD boost on a regular evening MTT and give it a special name it would provide some incentive to play. 

Like I said, I've not playing the daytime schedule yet on the weekend so maybe it plays better than the old schedule but regardless I'd like to see some different things compared to midweek.

@MoreTBC I totally agree with your thoughts regarding consistency in the tournaments,  sometimes it's hard due to the tournament name themes.

My ambisions though is to have it as consistent as possible, thanks for your input.   

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about to make Sunday Supernova with phase structure? For example, daily tournaments with 25 buy-in. Best players continue with their stacks from daily phase on Sunday other players can make direct buy-in and get starting stack. This phase tournaments also can named in space-style.

@DavidP_Unibet@Leo-Unibet

Are you planning changes to the UO qualifier system this month? As of now there are still seperate UO, UK tour and what not satellites in the MTT lobby.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu He mentioned somewhere, that changes to UO/UK wouldnt happen till the end of this month at the earliest.
Only change confirmed is that it will a single sat system till the finals, no news on structures/buy ins.

I like both the UK tour and UO sats as they are strucrure and buy in.

Maybe only changes I think would be ok would be;-

UK tour maybe a little bit slower structure as after late reg its normally down to who can win a flip.

Uk tour 1-5-25 evening the steps out

UO maybe have antes earlier, i find you have quite a few sat outs which changes the dynamics of the game and you can spend 20 mis just waiting for them to blind out as there is no need really for anyone to play a hand(even though sometimes 2 big stacks have a moment of madness and decide to go to battle)

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192 wrote:

@WuDu He mentioned somewhere, that changes to UO/UK wouldnt happen till the end of this month at the earliest.

Only change confirmed is that it will a single sat system till the finals, no news on structures/buy ins.

I like both the UK tour and UO sats as they are strucrure and buy in.

Maybe only changes I think would be ok would be;-

UK tour maybe a little bit slower structure as after late reg its normally down to who can win a flip.

Uk tour 1-5-25 evening the steps out

UO maybe have antes earlier, i find you have quite a few sat outs which changes the dynamics of the game and you can spend 20 mis just waiting for them to blind out as there is no need really for anyone to play a hand(even though sometimes 2 big stacks have a moment of madness and decide to go to battle)

@jonny2192

UOs are pretty perfect, I only sign up via late-reg, so the duration is OK for me. The point is, I'm stuck between playing the 10s and the 50s. I'd like to know whether the path to the UK live event will stay the same, so I could use my UO tickets to play the UK25s, as the UO25s are bingo tournaments. Or maybe we get a completely different structure, who knows? Since I'm sitting on over 50 UO tickets and enjoy the games, some heads up would be nice... 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu

I have quite a lot of both uk/uo tickets but it would be nice to use them to any other live game sats that are available, I dont join certain sats because I have tickets and kind of begrude using cash to start again on another route.

@mugmaster200 wrote:

I like the new schedule but i have to agree with others that there arent enough 9max games with 5-8 minute levels just seems like a few too many 6max / 4min type games, but overall i do think its good that you guys are mixing up the schedule a bit. Good job unibet.

And that was my point .  More 9 max and more "normal" structures.   If you have to keep 4 min levels then do it without rebuy/addon and start with 10k stack . 

@WuDu wrote:

@DavidP_Unibet@Leo-Unibet

Are you planning changes to the UO qualifier system this month? As of now there are still seperate UO, UK tour and what not satellites in the MTT lobby.

@WuDu Our plan for now is to keep the different qualifiers even though e.g the €10 ticket could be used in both regular MTT's aswell as in UB qualifiers.

A long term solution will probably be to have all named the same. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Is it possible to add more 10 Cent Step It Ups? I know that you are not "support" players who plays freerolls only but making more of them would help those players test they skills at higher levels. Btw is it possible to reduce the Jackpot freerolls late reg periods from 2 hours to 1 hour? If not would you so kind to reschedule their starting time and dismiss the 21.30 termin at working days? Thank you.

@psrquack wrote:

Is it possible to add more 10 Cent Step It Ups? I know that you are not "support" players who plays freerolls only but making more of them would help those players test they skills at higher levels. Btw is it possible to reduce the Jackpot freerolls late reg periods from 2 hours to 1 hour? If not would you so kind to reschedule their starting time and dismiss the 21.30 termin at working days? Thank you.

@psrquack Not at this moment

Live events feedback:

The UO playing structure is fine. The event itself is great. The expenses at €250 is too low. Originally Andrew was looking at 300 to 350. Breakfast and Dinner for player and GUEST would be welcome. To cover the extra costs, the package would need to be increased from 2k but only by a small amount.

I would be looking at all inclusive events. Im certain a 5 day Inclusive venue could be found within €2500 budget for 2 during the summer and a 1 week higher budgeted event in the winter.

The UK tour needs a revamp and a reboot . ( I cant believe im saying this as i do very well as it is). There is huge Uk market and its not being tapped correctly. 

I would love to play some of the other live events but there are no expenses attached. It would be sensible to be able to win 2 packages and cash 1 for expenses.

Someone mentioned phased tournaments. Thats a big NO from me.

@pirahn

Why on earth should the Unibet players pay for your guest's expenses? You're getting a great package if you qualify and you're telling me that you cannot cover the additional few bucks for your guest?

The idea with the UK tour is great though. Down the line, Unibet should think about what they can do to attract more foreigners to the regional tours. As of now, it's simply not worth it for me to even consider trying to qualify for the UK tour, due to costs. If people from out of the country could combine tickets to pay for expenses, that would be one step forward. Especially when you merge all those different satellite trees sometime in 2026...😏

@pirahn

I defenitly do understand what you are trying to say with the higher expenses and coverage for guests, but as @WuDu mentions. That way you make other players pay for your guest.

And where can't you get for 250 retour in Europe? Just asking because I'm curious. It can be that we in Belgium just have good prices because we are in a good spot in Europe :) (For example. 250 for bucharest would be for me, 30 euro towards flights and 220 towards.... BEER :p hahahah)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@WuDu wrote:

@pirahn

Why on earth should the Unibet players pay for your guest's expenses? 

@WuDu @VikingsAF

They already do with breakfast, welcome drinks, party and any outing. By this logic they should stop this practice. 

People travelling from different countries will have different budgets due to differences in standards of living and wages. For those lucky enough to have a cheap flights nearby its great but not everyone will have the same luxury.

UBO is not just poker but an experience and no one should be discouraged to bring a companion for worry of cost. It happens a lot more than you think.

I nearly didnt go to my first UBO because of the expenses. I didnt know unibet and how good it would be. 

Unibet is by far the best value for a package. 

@VikingsAF are you going to Bucharest.

@pirahn has packages for the rest of the UO`s until 2020 🤣

I use to play mostly UO`s and SNG`s, but i tried the Fireball and the Shooting Star bounty last night, and i really enjoyed them. I played them almost until the end, i was on FT in FB, and bubbled out on the bounty one, so i can say, thats what turbo should be. 4 minutes levels is much better than 3 minutes, still fast enough and makes you to be aggressive, but have time too even at the end. I dont like rebuys and addons, but the good thing i didnt realise strange moves and much reentry. I just wonder: do you guys will have any stats how many % of the field use the rebuy and addon option? 

What happened to the UK4s They were fast before, now there super fast.

Even though the antes are good from the begining, think the levels neeed to be a bit slower.

I have doubled up early but even with that double up I only have 12bbs by the time late reg finishes.

It was a lot of luck before but now you cant even wait an orbit for a good hand no choice but to get all in with any two random cards or be blinded out.
Another good point it discourages people late regging at last second with 6bb.

edit:- see the UK25s got the same treatment, these games are not even poker anymore.

Archived