New MTT Schedule - Excel file link

DavidP_Unibet

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@StartlingGrope wrote:

@ChapInAChair

You were the one who suggested it, so thanks. I hope you play it!

Did I? I'm clearly losing my mind. I remember suggesting Gargle Blaster but not that one.

Oh yeah, it was Gargle Buster (someone else suggested Mr Gorsky). Gargle Buster also found it's way into the schedule btw ;)

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

I am missing €80 GTD €2 Step-it-up from the schedule. :teardrop:

Since the new freerolls give €2 tickets, it was a great tourney for people with small bankrolls, to get into the money and snap €10 on a small field of players.

Couldn't you put it back ? There were regularly 50 people playing it every day.

I totally agree with  @WuDu    (no stepitup, rebuy/addon for 1 to 10 tickets,...)  I also miss the 2€ step it up a lot ....

In general, i notice that a lot of tournaments have 5 to 10k starting stack.  While i understand a 8k start with 12 min levels for a high buy in tournament, i don't  really understand why we have 3k-4k for smaller 1€ tournament with long latereg.  I hope we'll also have quicker tournament at the busy hours of the day.  I don't want to have to play at least 2-3 hours each time i start a game, especially with small buyin :(

As a small buyin player, i'm not very enthusiast neither about the new formats with all the rebuys and addons everywhere.  Those rebuys/addons are the reason i stopped playing in other pokerrooms, it makes the game a shove fest for quite a while after it started most of time (i believe the games are already "crazy" enough with recreational players without adding the gamble aspect of things with rebuys). And, it also contributes to the length of tournament being much longer.

I'll try to play some small buyin tournaments and will get back here to give some more feedback.

I also agree with @jason83, more 9 seat tournaments please :)

This is only my opinion of course and i understand other players want other formats as well :)

edit: correction of mistakes of time

This is not a good schedule for a serious tournament player . And why do the majority of the tourneys have 4 minute levels ?  It's even worse than turbos. 

Sorry Unibet , with so many other options at other sites like Stars and Winamax I was really hoping you would try to compete. 

Instead this is more like bingo games , some players like that up to them . 

I would like to see more tourneys with normal structures at least up to 8 minute levels without having to pay €100 for the big one .

Oh damn no more step it ups? It was only two MTTs and 90% of the time they opened, so why the axe? I will also miss everyday evening 2e omaha bounty MTT, that one for 1e at 16cet also, there is now only one in the middle of the night. I dont see 1e bounty holdem MTT (21;30cet) also which was good for the mission thingy. I see one Omaha micro on 22cet but why is it 9handed? Cant say im glad for the changes i just stick to the cash tables.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@DavidP_Unibetwrote:

We're going to add some more qualifiers and I imagine that @Leo-Unibet will add some more qualifiers with a 4 to 1 ratio rather than a 10 to 1 ratio (although some of the rebuy qualifirs that we have no won't end up playing as a 10 to 1 ratio).

@DavidP_Unibet@Leo-Unibet

What I don't really understand is that you have an almost perfect qualifier system already in place with the UO satellites. Make the other tours available for UO tickets and vice versa and it would be really great! Why is it so hard to implement a satellite umbrella like that for your other MTTs? I understand having seperate qualifiers for Sunday Entitled, Saturday Stack and other Daily tournaments was not feasible so you skipped that. That's totally OK. However now we have less 5 Euro satellites for the new tournaments than we had for the old Sunday Entitled and nothing at the 10 and 25 Euro level.

Nothing against those bingo qualifiers, if you make money off of them and other players enjoy them, that's fine, but whenever I read something like "rebuy, add-on", "unlimited rebuys", "bullet, add-on", I immediately skip them. However none of the UO qualifiers has those and they run pretty well, don't you agree?

I think one thing that makes Unibet great is that you can play satellites and qualify for bigger tournaments. Just look at how many players exchange their tickets here. But in order to qualify for those bigger tournaments, players need to be provided with a working satellite tree to grind themselves up.   

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Having played the first night of the schedule I don't think it's very good just now.

oldsched.thumb.PNG.f2737acf3b4a8f980bde0586687c7e9c.PNGnewschedule.thumb.PNG.13c3df27a4db8c6b1ca49e885ed561f2.PNG

There is no balance in the offering just now, at least at €1 and €2 stake that I've checked so far. You could easily say the old schedule was too bounty heavy but the new one is just the same Rebuy/re-entry combo for a few hours. Not a single PLO tournament for nearly 3 hours, the one 1 bounty and 2 9-max being right at the start of the evening. The old evening bounty and deepstack used to pull in the biggest numbers and now they're replaced with crapshoot rebuys. I get that you need re-entry/rebuy to get the GTDs up but they don't all need to be hypers.

I understand that it's early days and that changes can be made but at the same vein you can't launch a new all singing and dancing schedule and then say it's 1.0 and it'll be good for 2.0 after we all bench test it. I don't know how much player consultation was done before the schedule was finalised but from the outside it looks like the focus was on a few headline Sunday tourneys and the rest was just block filed in without much thought about how it would work for the average players session. 

You know I love you guys and the site and I don't like to ❤️♥️❤️ on things unless I really have to but this really isn't the diverse, exciting schedule I thought we were going to get.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Good start imo. Wanted to play a lot of stuff today.

Only gripe is seems to be far too many deep stacks for my liking and not enough PLO but pleased with the start. Would also like a few more prog bounties. I like the new structures overall.

@startelver wrote:

This is not a good schedule for a serious tournament player . And why do the majority of the tourneys have 4 minute levels ?  It's even worse than turbos. 

Sorry Unibet , with so many other options at other sites like Stars and Winamax I was really hoping you would try to compete. 

Instead this is more like bingo games , some players like that up to them . 

I would like to see more tourneys with normal structures at least up to 8 minute levels without having to pay €100 for the big one .

What are you talking about? There are enough tournaments that aren't turbo levels. All the big Sunday tournaments have normal or even slow levels, except for the Nebula. If you ask me, I would've loved to see an extraSunday turbo tourney, one without rebuys. Because the long possibility of rebuying brings a lot of extra chips in play which means longer duration of play but also because it can be very costy since you still have the option to rebuy at 500/1000 blind levels while a rebuy stack is 5000. And since this is the only big turbo tourney on Sunday, I don't want to bust before add-on but that way you can be in for quite a lot of buy-ins. 

That's why a turbo MTT without a rebuy option would be great to have in there too because then you know in advance how much you're going to invest.

Also, people need to stop saying that turbos are bingo tournaments. They're certainly not (just more variance) and there is still a lot of room to have an edge in, it just shifts more to preflop action.

I think the negative feedback in the thread is fair, and it's appreciated. Looking at the schedule play out this afternoon and tonight I can see that the ratio of 6max to 9max is out of balance and there aren't enough freezeout options at low stakes. You can blame me for that, a lot of feedback prior to changing to schedule was calling for more 6max but I think I went a bit too gung-ho. However, in Leo we have someone who will be able to tidy things up and turn this into a schedule that caters to various types of player. We'll also be able to add in the things that people want fairly quickly (including step-it-up MTTs).

On the plus side, we have managed to meet most of the (ambitious) guarantees, and that's on a day when 200 of our MTT players are in Vegas and we have no streamers or social media presence to promote the schedule. We've also changed the Nebula to 10,000 starting stack and 10 levels of late reg, (still 4 min blinds) plus everyone who played it yesterday and didn't cash has been credited with a free €5 Nebula ticket for this Sunday.

I appreciate that nobody wants to test a 'beta' schedule but there is cause for optimism so I'm hoping you continue to be supportive and constructive.

Edit: I should also add that in order to cater to what players feel they are missing right now we have room in the schedule to add more MTTs, rather than just having to change what is there already and possibly annoying people who are happy with the schedule so far.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Sunday looks good with the main event something to look forward to. I expected daily main to increase proportionately as well so its a bit of a let down. Some of the players who join for sundays will not hang around for the rest of the week. 

Multi seats gtd sats would be welcome. 

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

We've also changed the Nebula to 10,000 starting stack and 10 levels of late reg, (still 4 min blinds) plus everyone who played it yesterday and didn't cash has been credited with a free €5 Nebula ticket for this Sunday.

Any chance to get 1 Nebula ticket per bought rebuy 😏? The incredibly annoying 15 lvl rebuy time had its costs.

But thanks for the 1 ticket anyway, and cheers for using my suggestion for prime time tournament! :laugh: (Not Nebula..)

Hi everyone! Just want to say thank you for new tournaments. Month ago room send me a form with few questions about service and my wants and offers. I tell that I prefer to play tournaments and wish more tournaments in schedule. And you added them immediately. Unibet is awesome! 

Hello,

Obviously, the other players do not have the same expectations as me unfortunately :/

Many turbo structures :(

I can only play tournaments from 7pm (I'm European), so there are 2 tournaments that I like in your calendar that I can play "€ 2000 abyss" and "750 black hole"

You only offer turbos for € 1 and € 2?
And your satellites, are you serious? 4 minutes levels?

The theme "bingo" would have been more appropriate for me for your tournaments: D

In short, if it is the majority demand, I will continue to play the tournaments on other rooms ...

sorry for my English

Back again :)

Today's gripes are with the naming convention for tournaments and the schedule being the same on weekdays and weekends. Let's start with the names first.

Capture.thumb.PNG.883142c2d87ff7ec079f8cfba07efd1c.PNG

These are all the PKOs on the schedule when you filter the spreadsheet. The legend suggests that all of these should be called 'Shooting Star' but they are not. The Ice Giant (being the Sunday major) and the Dwarf Star (being a nightly major) are fine but there is also a Fireball PKO and a Singularity PKO. It's all a little confusing (and probably just typos)

My main issue is the structure of a 'Shooting Star'. What is it? There are 6-max and 9 max ones, there are 4/6/8 minute level ones, 3k/5k/10k starting stack ones, 15/30 and 25/50 starting ones.. basically without having to use the clunky MTT info box that takes up a chunk of the schedule whenever you click on it you have no idea what you're registering other than it's a PKO. 

My solution, less variety :) Yes, I know that sounds like a contradiction from the last post but there is method in the madness. Until the time where there is either colour coding, symbols or a better MTT info box in the lobby I think the Shooting Star should have one structure (well 2, a 6-max Shooting star and a 9-Max). What the nuts and bolts of it would be don't really matter too much (I'd go for 15/30 - 3k starting - 4min personally ;)) but at least it would be same every time you registered. Then you add a second 'x Star' name (let's call it the Dark Star) and have a 25/50 - 5k - 8 minutes for example. Then you have consistent structures all the time and when general consensus is it's too fast or slow it's an easier fix. At the moment feedback would be the xx:xx Shooting star is too fast but the yy:yy shooting star is too slow. 

In general I think the naming is flawed because MTTs can be a combination of things in the current legend. Level speed, entry amount and game format all cross over so having individual names for each is confusing. Technically the 09:45 Shooting Star is a Deep Space Singularity Shooting Star :) I suppose what I'm getting at is I can go on another client and know what I'm getting into when I register a Bounty Builder, for example. I don't need to check the structure because they're always the same. They have other PKOs that are just called PKOs and have a different structures as well as the branded ones. Basically I don't think every MTT needs to have a space name but the ones that do should have the same structure. 

I'll be honest, my second point has not been researched and is based purely on how the old schedule worked. The late morning/afternoon schedule used to be terrible. It wasn't terrible if you worked 9-5 and didn't see it but on a Saturday and Sunday you got the full effect of it. I guessing it was designed to make sure GTDs were hit during the week which makes sense Mon-Fri but not at the weekend. You'll have the stats on player numbers on a Sat-Sun during the day but guessing they are more playing than weekdays at the same time. With this in mind I think it would be good to add extra or different MTTs to the weekend schedule that don't run during the week. If there are more players then more MTTs can run and bigger guarantees can be offered. The Saturday Stack appears to be gone now so there is nothing special for the weekend warrior to play on a Saturday night now. Even if it's a slight GTD boost on a regular evening MTT and give it a special name it would provide some incentive to play. 

Like I said, I've not playing the daytime schedule yet on the weekend so maybe it plays better than the old schedule but regardless I'd like to see some different things compared to midweek.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Playing a 5€ Ticket Qualifier - it started xx:55 and had a 1-minute break that started xx:59, weird stuff, since other MTTs go on a break at xx:55 :happyshy: 

Very inconvenient timing, I assume it is a mistake - if not, I strongly suggest the starting time to be changed so it fits in with the universal break 😏

no_break_at_55.png.fe8a7b216d249b80113637f38b0d61bb.png

LETS HAVE HEADS UP TOURNAMENT MAYBE? HEHEhe :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: 

Archived