New MTT Schedule - Excel file link

DavidP_Unibet

@ChapInAChair wrote:

Maybe it's just personal preference but I think the schedule would benefit from a €10UO sat between 20.00 and 21.00 UK time. It's always seemed quite weird that there isn't one there.

@ChapInAChair

In UK time, one UO10 starts at 19:25 with late reg lasting until 20:10. The next UO10 then starts at 21:05 with late reg until 21:45. There's no room for another UO10 as sometimes the latter doesn't even run. But maybe you'd like to take a look at the new 10 Euro Milky Way qualifier at 20:45.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ChapInAChair wrote:

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever regged a UO10 game that hasn’t started. I don’t even think I’ve ever seen any overlay in those games either.

Never seen one not starting but a lot of the 4seat guaranteed only just make it, where as the 2 seat guarantee always go way past.

I think people prefer playing when there are money back places and more likely to late reg.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

There is room for all types of tickets, generic, targeted and tournament specific. Its more of a question as to how they are managed, implemented and used within promotional mechanisms.

Suggestion, naming generic tickets as Universal (themed) and using the Unibet logo "u" in green in lobby.

@Leo-Unibet what we mean with comprehensive is that we want to be able to satellite into big MTT's from 1 euro only by playing and splitting tickets up carefully.

What we want is a Sunday Supernova satellite structure with tickets only for that tree. Why would this be good?

1) Low BI players can start grinding these tickets => More players in the field

2) The players that start grinding can only play these MTT's so they won't use their tickets on something else. => More players are kept in the field

3) Players love 5x tourneys more than 10x (more chance in winning something) => More players in the field

====>>> More profit

This kind of structures work... That is proven. Look at how good the UO qualifiers run. Every game breaks the GTD easily. Just because the structure is good.

I see you guys have the good intention with the 1->5 flip but flips are BS imo. Please just let us play that step instead of flipping (I bought in to 10 flips already and haven't won any... Yet they were all overlayed)

There was tought behind my post I made a week or so ago. And I don't understand why you wouldn't at least try it out :) Stop the 5->100 rebuys please (They never reached GTD for what I've seen... Only maybe on sunday itself)

And please try this out... All for the Supernova alone.

1->5 (turbo, 3/4 min levels, 1k-2k stack) hourly from 10 A.M. till 6 P.M at 45 past the hour (players like to reg durning the 5 minute MTT break, and by starting at 45 the late reg is still open in the break)
5->25(turbo, 3/4 min levels, 3 k-4k stack) hourly from 2P.M. till 8 P.M. at 30 past the hour (Players that finished the 1->5 will get the chance to reg in this one after theirs is finished)
25->100 (normal 6/8 min levels 3k-6k stack) once a day around 7 P.M.
25->100 (turbo 3/4 min levels 5k stack) once a day starting at 9 P.M. 

And then it's good to have a parallel structure of rebuy MTT's

1->10, 10 times a day (all turbo)
10->100, 3 times a day in the evening (maybe 2 normal and one turbo)

The GTD's can be cranked up when you see it works. But you won't be overlaying that much, since all steps are x5 or x4 for the first system and they only run if 3 players reg.

Finally when you see this works, you can expand the ticket system to a full Major system, where all tickets can be used in any of the majors. You'll thank me later for not overlaying anymore :) (This willl need a 2->10 and 10->50 step added tough)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF

I think you're not aware of it, however some of the satellites you proposed already exist:

There are multiple 10->50 Milky Way qualifiers now. Freezeout, 3000 starting stack and 4 minutes per blind. They run at 15:45. 17:45, 19:45, 21:45 and 23:45 CET daily. The problem is, they need 3 guys to start and I cannot play them alone by myself, so often they don't run. Maybe you'd be interested in them as well to qualify for the Milky Way, but you and anybody else reading this have to show up on time! 😃

Also, there are three different 5--->25 qualifiers running daily at 18:05, 20:05 and 22:05 CET. Freezeout, 3000 starting stack and 4 minute blinds. Really cool to play qualifiers. Problem as well is, often there are not 3 guys showing up on time and the tournament doesn't run. Maybe this interests you to collect some bullets for future Supernova 25-->100 satellites.

So a lot of your original post has been implemented somehow and I'm looking forward to seeing you at those games.

However I think, Unibet could do a better job at promoting those and other new tournaments to its player base. I have not played cash games in months, why am I still getting high stakes flop race promos? I am not Danish, why am I getting November mission promos in that language? It would be smart for Unibet to find a way to personalize their offers to the players, like what amazon does a la "other people who bought this item bought those as well..." 

For example, Unibet knows that @MathrimC plays MTTs and UO qualifiers, why not aware him of those Milky Way satellites, maybe he's interested? It's exactly in his "price range". There are other UO10 regs like @pirahn or @ChapInAChair, maybe they want to qualify for online MTTs as well.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I am aware. But I am proposing a system. 

Some loose qualifiers aren't worth anything outside a system. 

The 5-25s are MTT tickets . Not Supernova... And that really does make a difference.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@WuDu wrote:

For example, Unibet knows that @MathrimC plays MTTs and UO qualifiers, why not aware him of those Milky Way satellites, maybe he's interested? It's exactly in his "price range". There are other UO10 regs like @pirahn or @ChapInAChair, maybe they want to qualify for online MTTs as well.

The Milky Way is an odd tournament. It replaces the Saturday Stack but they took their time and maybe lost a few Saturday regs. Its treated as a special saturady tournament but only has a 3k guarantee. There is a daily 3k gtd with a €25 buy in around same time. There are daily 8 or more sats for milky way, There is a €50 tournament on Sunday with a bigger guarantee with no sats.

There are many solutions to try and increase player numbers for sats but any solution should be part of an overall review.

A quick, simple & elegant solution is dump all sats for milky way and allow ubo tickets to be used for milky way and other 50 tournies. 

Mentioning that the most vocal comments come from people that are not satisfied with things while the people that are usually won't say anything.

About the Double or nothing sattelite structure proposed, already known to be one of the most colluded and overraked formats, and also doesn't seem particularly attractive, hey I'd like to play a 100€ buy-in, maybe I should play a 50€ sattie to qualify to it. I can see the appeal for someone that starts from the 1€'s but every level needs some value otherwise nobody moves up. 

As for the 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 satties, personally I like the format as much as I like 10 to 1's so I'm all for having both types, as long as they're raked appropriately, not many people want to play a 3-4-5 man sng with double the rake to qualify to something, they can just play a regular sng then and it will be more profitable. And many people have suggested they add this format and that it will be super popular, and the 10 to 1's should be removed, but somehow it's still these 4-5 to 1's that are cancelling all the time and the 10 to 1's having a lot of people. IMO the 4-5 to 1 satties work best with multiple seats guaranteed, they are more attractive for everyone, regs and recs, but obviously if people don't know about them then they'll still cancel for a while. 

And generally to improve traffic in satties more seats GTD should be really good in freezouts and especially in rebuys, if there's an overlay in the target tournament don't see a big downside to it. The rebuys were already getting a lot of action, but I think all the issues with the payout structure have really turned people off from playing them or making more rebuys/addons. 

One more comment on traffic in satties and in tournaments in general, them being in the client way in advance of them starting would make people more aware of them, of their existence and their starting times. Like right now it's midnight uk time and  we can't see any supernova satties in the lobby for example, not a single one. You can't expect people to just know the entire schedule by heart, some regs will, but most people won't, especially when it's constantly changing. Many people will like to plan the day before, okay after work, I'll have dinner and then play this, or play during dinner, or play this at work or on my break, or on the weekend. But if they don't know that there is something or when it is then it's less likely that they will be only at the starting time of the tournament, which results in tournaments not starting and having less people in general. 

The lobby could probably use some long term improvement to make it easier to see these things and filter them and in general help people find the information they need. Information about the games they want to play, or the timeslots that they can play in.

I'm really enjoying grinding the evening €10 and €25 MTTs. All have good structures with quite deep final tables 😃

Two personal prefrences:

• The deep impact starts just a little too early for me. By the time I'm home from work and have eaten, it's in the last minutes of latereg with quite a short stack. For me, it would be great if it would start just 1 hour or even half an hour later than now, and it seems like most players late reg it now.
  • On Friday and Saturday (and for me also Thursday), I would like to play another non-turbo €25 MTT starting later in the evening, say around 21:30 with a structure similar to the Abyss. Between 21:30 and 22:30 my number of tables drops because of busting the earlier €10/€25 MTTs, and on Thursday/Friday/Saturday I don't mind playing until 1:30 am if it's for a deep run in a €25 MTT. I would guess there's more traffic in the late evening hours on Friday and Saturday, so maybe there would be a market for this?

Keep up the good work 😃

Here's a link to the current 16th November schedule: 

https://goo.gl/MfiSjn

This is a reflection on how the schedule looks as today, as we all the time looking for improvments the schedule will have small and bigger changes over time.
For you to have a better overview of the schedule I kept just the "regular" tournament in there, qualifiers will run frequent so they will be easy to find in the client.

I will upload the schedule here more often in the future.

Thanks for the updated sheet, it's much appreciated.

Capture.PNG.8da2b3c606069569dd134c06353cdd9d.PNG

This is what I've been using for my prop bet with Ian Simpson but it's been useful for checking the spread of games over different formats and buyins. It also raised a few questions for me :)

• Why are the majority of games on the schedule €5? I'm not sure what the spread was in the old schedule but was it the same with the old €4 ones? Is it a case of having €1-2 as a price point and counting them as one and then the next stage being 5?
  • Why are some formats so heavy at one buyin but not others? Is there data to say people don't want a daily €10 Multiverse for example?

The sheet above also doesn't take into account the format or the time these run so it may be the case a format only runs at a stake once in PLO for example (The prop is who can win the most different named MTTs on the new schedule so format and time don't matter) so even this is skewed as to how well the formats are represented.

There also continues to be inconsistency in what each named MTT means in terms of structure.

Capture.PNG.0480dd57adbba285d30ab869cdbd522e.PNG

These are the 'Singularity' MTTs. The description says they are all 9 seat MTTs but half of them are 6 handed on the sheet. The starting stack varies from 2k to 6k and the blinds vary from 4 mins to 8 mins. There is also a random Singularity Bounty which should be Shooting Star right?

If I play a Bounty Builder on PS I know I'm going to get the same starting stack and blind structure regardless of buyin and time, if I play a Featherweight on Party I know I'm getting the same structure every time (Unless it's a turbo or a PKO and it'll clearly be in the title :)). I can't see why we can't have a Singularity, Turbo Singularity and a Hyper Singularity as titles and keep the starting stack and players per table consistent regardless of the blind structure. 

I think this could be done with all the other standard names to provide variety to the speed of the MTTs without confusing players as to what they're going to get in regards to 6 or 9 handed and a starting stack. I want to be able to go into the lobby and see 'Wormhole' and know that's 9-handed with a 5k starting and only have to decide how fast a MTT I want to play is, not have to click into each MTT to find out if the structure is the same as the one I played two hours ago.

You could even do it with seating and have '€100 GTD 6-max Turbo Singularity' as the title. The lobby just isn't very good at giving out this information easily so until such time as there is a column for things like this it's best to put as much info in the title as possible IMO.

Other than that, I still think bounty MTTs are lacking during peak Euro evening time and the same with lower buyin PLO. There isn't a single €5 PLO game on the entire schedule for example.

[/MoanTBC]

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I was really hoping for all the UO/UK/MW/SN sats all to be combined in some form and sure others were.

I was expecting it to be simplified so there wasnt 20 kinds of different sat. tress.

All these new sats are super confusing, With the the UK tour you knew they were all turbo except the last chance which were hyper and it was quite clear to see what was what. With the UO you could easily tell the difference between the normal and turbo by the buy in apart from of a couple different game i.e the 10e multibuy.

Now its a 5 minute job to see if its a game I want to play. I have to read the descrtiption and even after reading that im not 100% sure what type of sat it is proper.

This whole sat system is totally confusing and we are ending up with lots of different ticket types, IMO the whole thing needs rethinking. Go back to basics have one lot of tickets and start with a normal and a turbo structure and add from there.

I have only played the odd non UO/UK sat because of the way things are, I just cant be bothered spending the time trying to figure out if its a game I would want to play.

As @pirahn said simplfy and declutter
As @MoreTBC said make it so its clear what your playing dont make it a 5 minute mission to know what game it is.

Ps.

Im sick of seeing green tellys everywhere as well.

@jonny2192 wrote:

I was really hoping for all the UO/UK/MW/SN sats all to be combined in some form and sure others were.

I was expecting it to be simplified so there wasnt 20 kinds of different sat. tress.

All these new sats are super confusing, With the the UK tour you knew they were all turbo except the last chance which were hyper and it was quite clear to see what was what. With the UO you could easily tell the difference between the normal and turbo by the buy in apart from of a couple different game i.e the 10e multibuy.

I disagree on the 'generic' sat structure. The UK tour, for example, needs the money to stay in the tree for it to work. If every new UK depositer got generic tickets instead of UK tour specific ones then they're just going to use them on the first MTT that has a ticket icon nect to it. A 2 trees for the UO and one for the UK tour seem fine. €5 or €10 sats to the Supernova with €1 sub sats (which should say sub-sat in the name) into enther or both. The €50 sats should be generic so you can use them on either the Sat or Sun major although I think a single daily €50 running Mon-Fri could work as well. You have ambassadors that play each night that would easily play it and get the game going if you asked them. Just give it a nominal GTD like €1k and make it a 6-max single re-entry.

What I do agree with is that the structures need to be universal for the regular sats. Same starting stack, same blind length. Same idea as in my previous post in regards to changing the speed/style by just calling them "Turbo x sat" or "Rebuy x sat". I can see an argument for needing some types of sat to have different starting stacks, like the rebuys, but if -all- rebuy sats start with the same stack then at least people know what they're getting into. There is also room for "Deep Turbo x Sat" and any other combo so long as it's universal over the buyins and trees.

For weekly, recurring MTTs it should be really easy to have a structure page on the Unibet website that gives information on what each name/sat means. 

• Singularity - 9 max - 5k starting chips - 8 min levels - Freezeout
  • Wormhole - 6 max - 3k starting chips - 8 min levels - Rebuy/Addon
  • Shooting Star - 6 max - 4k starting chips - 8 minute levels - Bounty
  • Satellite - 9 max - 3k starting stack - 8 min levels - Freezeout

.. and so on :) Then you just change the name in the lobby to suit for any changed to the 'default' format. There are already 7 names used for recurring MTTs and I think you only need a handful more (Moon is a good addition) to cover almost all of the permutations of 6 max/9 max and Freezeout/Re-Entry/Rebuy+Addon/Bounty.

Just add the following to the names to give them modifiers :-

• Turbo (6 minutes)/Hyper or Crazy (4/2 minutes) - Speed up the levels
  • Deep - increase the starting stack. Possibly just as simple as "double the normal starting stack" for the description
  • Last chance - Speed up levels and lower starting stack
  • R/A or Re-entry - For Sats

Job done :)

That's the majority of the work done, it'll fit on a single screen and give players all the information they need. Maybe I'm naive about how easy it would be to implement this and I suppose it's where we need Leo to explain the constraints and difficulties with simplifying the schedule to this level but from the outside looking in, all the other sites can do do it so why can't we have it here? 

"The UK tour, for example, needs the money to stay in the tree for it to work."

The problem is it doesnt work, the UK tour has been overlaying for 2 years.

I would like to see the tour stick around, this wont happen if it keeps generating a loss week after week.

If the sats were combined there would at least be no overlay at all levels apart from the final, at the moment it pretty much overlays in all 4e and 25e games.

Do think players are more likely to take tickets from a tree that offers a bigger buyin/prize pool and travel expenses and hotel inc. to a smaller one with a smaller buyin/prizepool, less expenses and no hotel or vice versa?

Combining the two doesn't increase the total number of tickets being won each week so all that can happen is the participation stays the same in both trees or one suffers as the other grows.

IMO it would create more games played and more tickets generated, If i could use my tickets for every different sat I would play every sat, As it is I play the UK/UO sats only.

@Leo-Unibet

Have you thought about bringing back some kind of early bird promo for the satellites/qualifiers that don't run that well? Something like if you sign up for a qualifier before it starts and play it, you'll get some promotion points and at the end of the month there's a raffle or a freeroll where a few UK/UO or other MTT/qualifier tickets are distributed amongst the participating players.

@WuDu wrote:

@Leo-Unibet

Have you thought about bringing back some kind of early bird promo for the satellites/qualifiers that don't run that well? Something like if you sign up for a qualifier before it starts and play it, you'll get some promotion points and at the end of the month there's a raffle or a freeroll where a few UK/UO or other MTT/qualifier tickets are distributed amongst the participating players.

@WuDu I'll give that one a thought, how to produce more tickets. 

Archived