GR1ZZL3R'S Diary Of A Fun Punter

GR1ZZL3R

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

In the SuperToto I was in the top 10 all the way through until the last gasp overtime winner

If it ease the pain at all we can declare you as UK's hockey guru for best position among englishman in competition. Something you can brag with...😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, Purps said:

But at least #3 on your wish list happened, so there's the silver lining 🙂👍

One from four. I'll take it. 🙂 

willy wonka winner GIF by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

22 hours ago, Livertool said:

If it ease the pain at all we can declare you as UK's hockey guru for best position among englishman in competition. Something you can brag with...😀

😮 I've come over all emotional, I'd better calm down and have some lunch.🤣

chips GIF     200.gif

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

The 🏇🏇 have finally started running a bit faster, still down on the last few weeks but not quite as horrible.

I've played little to no cash poker recently, concentrating on the live tourney route, that's going ok so far. A combination of 1<5<50 generic tickets and the 2<10<50 live route has so far produced decent enough returns. I haven't played a €50 tourney yet, hoping to start maybe this week. Only 12-13  (🤔)  weekend final qualifiers left, so time to get cracking, the idea is to use the tickets as they come up, no hoarding.

Tickets Ek GIF by Emily_melier

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.346b31a7cca89964a48f75b29f4e5a2b.png

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

The value of my Unibet Live tickets has gone up this week but I still haven't got round to playing a €50 version yet. I intended to on Sunday but clicked on the €2 one right before it, that was already running so I couldn't unregister and not liking to play 2 at a time I chickened out again. Feeble excuses, but that's life. 

As for the cash, very little again. I've played the odd short session here and there but can't seem to get fired up to play, one or two bad hands and I'm done, one or two winning pots and it's the same. 

The horse racing winnings (losings 😮) have just about levelled out to a break even point, but I think I've hit a breakthrough, it may be significant, it may not. As a result I'll be backing three horses per day, no more no less, till the end of this month and see how it goes.

image.png.1adebe2cae29d994909aa7f751c3517e.png 

There can come a time when these things aren't fun anymore, but for me the research and application of my findings are what keeps me going. I can deal with losses (as long as they're not too big ☹️ ) and the understanding why tends to be the big motivating factor. The search, and research, continues.

Keep it fun. 🏇

Fun People GIF

• Like 2

Hey mate do you still use black rains course? I always thought he was pretty cool. He ran a series recently on his blog were he talked through different courses one he recommended was negreanus MasterClass which is what I’m using now, I’ve always loved real kid poker and I get what you say about the lower courses not having much about GTO but I reckon half of them are useless I tried bencbs one before and found it pretty useless because there’s just too much information to absorb and then you got to learn how to apply it. 

Have a great weekend mate

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SkilfulPoker said:

Hey mate do you still use black rains course? I always thought he was pretty cool. He ran a series recently on his blog were he talked through different courses one he recommended was negreanus MasterClass which is what I’m using now, I’ve always loved real kid poker and I get what you say about the lower courses not having much about GTO but I reckon half of them are useless I tried bencbs one before and found it pretty useless because there’s just too much information to absorb and then you got to learn how to apply it. 

Have a great weekend mate

I think Bencbs course is pretty good, but without good previous grounding its a bit hard to understand for some I guess. I think for starts, Negreanus Masterclass - even tho I dont have it , is probably good for a baseline . Because some Negreanus books, and when at the old days, Negreanu had such place like PokerVT(which was at the time, pretty unique training site when there wasnt much of video outputs at all) - has been my own starting point a long time ago, so if someones not making money after that, I really dont know what will . So its probably a good buy to get it going. 

• Like 2

Over the years I've played mostly cash games, simply because I could bounce in and out even if only for an odd 5 or 10 minutes here and there, as I've never been of the grinder mentality. I look upon being chained to a computer screen for hours on end as no better than being tied to a job, an evil neccessity to making a living. This was brought home fairly quickly after taking up poker, realising very soon that poker was not a fast way to becoming a jet setting, champagne quaffing, dolly bird attracting magnet that is sometimes portrayed. Forgive the old fashioned language and concepts from time to time because.......................

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Blackrain was one of the first poker blogs I discovered and read all the way through and stayed with it because it was really the only one that stuck to micro stakes advice, many of the others drifting off into far more advanced stuff that I wasn't ready for, (still not sure I am). I bought his books over the years but didn't really study them as such, reading them through in one or two sessions expecting to find all the perfect ways of winning is not the recommended way to go. Over the years it has indeed become much harder to turn a profit even at the low stakes. I've even played games here on UB where there can be 12-15 hands in a row with no flops seen, 🥱 so I thought I'd give the study a proper try out, especially when Blackrain brought out his course with a discount. It seemed to be what I was looking for, a step by step linear progression, watch one or two videos a day and put the lessons into practice. 

To be honest I thought it was ok, not earth shatteringly brilliant nor a waste of time but just ok. There are some good insights, some useful information, some interesting concepts, but honestly if you've read all his blog or watched all his YT videos there is not really a lot that you couldn't have picked up on the way. That's not to say it's just a rehash, the big plus is that it is linear and easy to study rather than flitting from one concept or theory to another.  I would recommend it but probably only to absolute beginners that want to learn, or those playing for a while and not winning, that have no-one to point out their mistakes. For me the point hammered home time after time on what to do in most situations is it depends on the player type you're up against, you simply have to know when to fold, something I've not been able to grasp too tightly. It's the only training course I've bought, so having no frame of reference I'd probably rate it :7h:

I've played bits of poker recently, mainly the live trail for Malta, and even that not consistently. Summer time means far too many distractions, even some gardening, long days of cricket glory for England just recently, 😃 but terrible times for the football side. ☹️

image.thumb.png.6f4297027cb3889eb86089a27b4c7302.png 

1481801232_Screenshot(2392).png.1bd648e7e52193ea14b78456470c4f95.png 

Keep it fun. 🕺

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

@GR1ZZL3R The Negreanu route is probably a good decision. To your long comment I'll add that , to me its actually the complite opposite. I have just wanted to listen the best guys available and get to understand stuff really indepth and have not cared what any micro stuff says. It is true sometimes, but I'd say its generally very overstated excuses that people say towards highstakes info. I think its much rather just a problem of information management, people just dont put in enough study to really have an effect, because if I'd really need to somehow in one line describe whats most important, then its "how ranges interact in-game both preflop and postflop" <- and how you understand that, is the key factor of EVERYTHING.  When you get better, in time you start to realize, that people use all these words that they hear, but they really dont undestand actually what they mean. In some sense its funny, in another sense its sad. If cash games are your go-to since you dont feel you wanna have long sessions or are unable to do these, it would be good to take in a lot of cash game stuff, by super good players and listening and attaching into the environment of those, so much so that you eventually start to get what is been spoken, because you hear it so much. Or like Negreanu says "follow the nerds" . 🤣 And yeah, Poker is not a "get rich quick" , you are absolutely right! Its rather a freakin hard game, but the upside is.. if you like its, its not so bad to have a hard game. Staring down a chess table takes alot of energy, but can be fun if you love it- thats kinda it. If you work hard for it, your gonna make it!

• Like 4

image.png.f4c7bcdeb8cd9d3197a29c7cbfc1fb6e.png 

Solo Saxaphone hit the right note winning at 7.00 backed in from 12.00, 😃 Night Fever failed to dance into a place, ☹️ Goldie Hawk just failed to fly up the home straight.🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Malta or Bust"

Phase two swings into operation this week with only 12 weekends to go to the Malta festival. 

image.thumb.png.914df939b43dfcbef515183718170adc.png

Six tickets in the bank so I intend to play the €50>€250 each night this week, six attempts, meanwhile I'll still play the cheaper attempts at the €50 prizes. These however will cost money now, no bonus points or smaller tickets left, so possibly time for a review this coming weekend. 🤔

"Cash"

Still very hit and miss, both wether I play or wether I win. I thought the latest 100 flops a day missions would have me playing more but I've not managed to make it yet. 😥

"Horse racing"

Don't ask!

Laughter Wtf GIF by ADWEEK  "GR1ZZL3R backed me."    "Nay, nay."

"Roulette"

Low on the list of priorities but still being worked on.

Have Fun. 🕺

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Six tickets in the bank so I intend to play the €50>€250 each night this week, six attempts, meanwhile I'll still play the cheaper attempts at the €50 prizes. These however will cost money now, no bonus points or smaller tickets left.

Why not use the exchangers? That's what they're there for. You are confusing me now 🤔

I haven't used a cent on these after winning a couple of €1 tickets from some of the regular freerolls a few years back. Even got to play the €1100 online UOS and managed to keep a helthy pile of tickets all the time. That's all because of the exchangers. 

The level of play on the €2 and €10 UO qualifiers is so bad that if you have any clue of the game and a solid "exchanger plan" that with your current 6*€50 tickets stack you should never again need to put in any actual money to rebuild again from the lower ones.

Good luck anyhow 🙂👍

46 minutes ago, Purps said:

Why not use the exchangers? That's what they're there for. You are confusing me now 🤔

I haven't used a cent on these after winning a couple of €1 tickets from some of the regular freerolls a few years back. Even got to play the €1100 online UOS and managed to keep a helthy pile of tickets all the time. That's all because of the exchangers. 

The level of play on the €2 and €10 UO qualifiers is so bad that if you have any clue of the game and a solid "exchanger plan" that with your current 6*€50 tickets stack you should never again need to put in any actual money to rebuild again from the lower ones.

Good luck anyhow 🙂👍

It's all a matter of time really. I used the exchangers a lot previously and built up quite a big haul of tickets, but that's fine if you want to go on and on playing the lower levels. Each jump in levels is approximately 5 times the previous level, so based on an average player I would have to play 5 x €2 for each €10 ticket, 25 x €2 for each €50 ticket and 125 x €2 for each €250 ticket, and 8 finals to get a winning package, therefore approximately 1,000 x € 2 games.  Obviously the point of this is to beat the average and qualify more cheaply. Let's say that over the whole range of qualifiers I'm in the top 10% ( not likely but I am better than 1 in 5) and therefore only have to play 500 X €2 qualifiers on average to win a package. There are 9 of those a day so full time grinding would mean 55 days of solid play to qualify, a huge time commitment for anybody, let alone me. If I was a true grinder prepared to play that amount of games per day it would absolutely be worth it, but certainly during the summer I can't be bothered. If I fail this attempt I'll probably go back to grinding (my version) during the winter, but at my rate of play ( 3-4 x €2 qualifiers per day, maybe 20 a week) I would only be having a weekly shot at the €250 final qualifier every few weeks or months even, and that's assuming I can beat the €50>€250 at better than 1 in 5 and the €250> Malta at better than 1 in 8. 

I'd be interested in your or any one elses views on the ticket qualifying route, possibly with some figures for the live event or Supermoon for example, (good luck to anyone that's run a minimum ticket straight through to a final package but that's not grinding 😁

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

It's all a matter of time really.

So true. 

I guess I misunderstood you're post slightly. Thought you're gonna play all those and then instantly start grinding from the bottom again. So that obviously made no sense to me 🙂

My current ticket stash is likely very similar to yours:

image.jpeg.f3acc592ee91d05c67d9fa7499a92311.jpeg

Not playing anything other than 3 or 4 of the €10's a day. Our main difference is obviously quite a remarkable one, since your object is to win a live package, and I won't be going for that as long as Covid is still at all a current thing, so I can't really play the €50's, but will just have to keep the tickets alive by playing/exchanging.

• Like 1

"MALTA OR BUST"

V50.2

This time things were a touch on my side.  

I was slipping backwards on the final table 5 x €250, 1 x €50 and €16 cash, 26 entries compared with last night's 13. 🙄 What do you know, finally a hold with them.😀

image.thumb.png.cd9ffb11661f88f1e11689ad6255ce37.png 

And there we go. 😀

image.thumb.png.4e97501342d8a66e2b52c9d7cb9ca584.png

One hour and 39 mins, 124 hands and a very tight finish. 😱

• Like 6

"MALTA OR BUST"

V50.3.1    Tournaments cancelled due to problems. 

V50.3.2      1h 34m   129 hands   6th of 20   €50 ticket. 🙄

376044211_Screenshot(2496).thumb.png.ffebb23a2ff3c8ff14825aa9047ab1f8.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1