GR1ZZL3R'S Diary Of A Fun Punter

GR1ZZL3R

22 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

so £300 on UB

That's £295 after you have joined the hockey competition 🙃

Anyhow. Good luck for Huddersfield town. Is there an opponent you would rather see over the other one out of the two candidates? 🙂👍

• Haha 1

@Purps 🤣

I've been umming and aahing wether to join the hockey comp as it's not something i know much about, but you've persuaded me! After all, it's got to be fun!🤪

I watched the first leg between Notts Forest and Sheffield Utd, Forest look the better team and beat us in the FA cup, but a few years ago we beat Sheffield in the play offs at Wembley, not really relevant but I suppose Utd might be a slightly easier match for us. I'll watch the second leg tonight while keeping an eye on Southampton Liverpool, or maybe the other way round. 😄

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R 

That's awesome. And hey, if the odds are spot on, then it statistically shouldn't matter what you pick and everyone would have an equal chance of winning. That's of course not the case, especially since I had to wing some of those odds simply because those were not available this early. 

Great value it will be for sure, and of course it can't hurt our chances to get some more future competitions if we get a decent turnout on the ones that we have 🙂👍

It'll get even more interesting on the latter half of next week when the playoff stages begin. Sadly it's pretty damn sure the lads won't be on the scene anymore at that stage, but then you can put on your finest blue and white suit, walk into the local sportsbar in the middle of a footy match, stop at the door and shout "Attention theur bloody tykes. daddy is 'ear ta wtach um 'ockey 'n suppoarts t' finns!"

That should get you on the local newspaper.... again 🙂

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

Oh, and I have two coupons on the "national supertoto" for tonight and have a draw or a Sheff utd win on both, so i agree with you on that wish 👍

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

@Purps Support the Finns! Are you mad? GB has a team in it, which I didn't know. However I don't really fancy our chances so later support could be coming your way. 

image.png.29cedc361e43811cb830bb8beb1581b6.png

If we beat the Yanks Ah'll go to t'foot of our stairs lad.! 🤣

• Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I'm actually not sure how up to date Blackrain is or how relevant his content is for people who already know the basics, although I barely watched any of his vids, I think it's more for people who have been donking around in poker without knowing any basic strategy like opening ranges, sizes, no limping etc

I liked the course on RIO from the ground up which was good at going round all the subjects and concepts but I never had an 'aha' moment on figuring out the game, just watched a lot of videos and I just came to the conclusion that lots of regs do play the game in a similar way which takes things in account like ranges and blockers etc which I'm still working on as well, hoping I'm somewhat halfway figuring it out 😅

But for the stakes you and I play you can actually take the bluffing part almost entirely out of your game, the big triple barrel bluffs that is anyway, and you just have to overfold vs aggression especially from regs, I used to be like that when getting bet in to really big and I would call it down with some kind of logic of I'm not going to get bluffed mate lol but 9.9 out of 10 they just have the nuts over and over.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I'm actually not sure how up to date Blackrain is or how relevant his content is for people who already know the basics, although I barely watched any of his vids, I think it's more for people who have been donking around in poker without knowing any basic strategy like opening ranges, sizes, no limping etc

I liked the course on RIO from the ground up which was good at going round all the subjects and concepts but I never had an 'aha' moment on figuring out the game, just watched a lot of videos and I just came to the conclusion that lots of regs do play the game in a similar way which takes things in account like ranges and blockers etc which I'm still working on as well, hoping I'm somewhat halfway figuring it out 😅

But for the stakes you and I play you can actually take the bluffing part almost entirely out of your game, the big triple barrel bluffs that is anyway, and you just have to overfold vs aggression especially from regs, I used to be like that when getting bet in to really big and I would call it down with some kind of logic of I'm not going to get bluffed mate lol but 9.9 out of 10 they just have the nuts over and over.

I think Blackrain probably is a decent player, but I dont find his analysis something Im overly fond to listen to. He seems to be some cash reg, who knows enough from the old days, but I dont see much depth in his videos. At some points, I ve also thought that his help is not worth much. At points seems too tight at many occasions, its like reading an old book about SNGs and find out that AQ should be folded <- thats just crap what we know today. Crap, that seemed to be good at old days. But this crap for sure can help someone run +EV at 1dollar, 2dollar, 5dollar games. 

• Like 2

@Estzen Yeh, I'm not questioning his poker skills, I'm sure he is a decent player up to a certain stake but his content is as you said a bit old school. I'm sure there is an audience for it but if you learn a bit of poker properly you should rapidly progress past the content he put out. And there is much more and better stuff out there now.

• Like 2

I think the whole point or relevancy of  Blackrain is that he's catering to an audience at the very bottom of the pile, an audience that mainly plays for fun and likes to gamble. Any sophisticated play or GTO play is going to go straight over the heads of the majority of them, and that's coming from someone who can barely beat 2-4c and really struggles at 5-10c. I have learned one or two things from his course but still know my main problem is in my head, and going all the way back to Kenny Rogers it really can come down to "Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em," the two major things I struggle with despite knowing what I should do. 

Anyway, yesterday's first mini session of my new regime went very well. 

image.thumb.png.01fc6f8a3ecd67cb4e8ffe06b93de982.png 

I must have scared everybody off. 😱

The horses started off pretty well also, 3 winners and a small but decent profit. 

image.png.8f8eb1e24074c4e168b1f29946a7b729.png 

The second leg of the Championship play off last night produced another thriller, ultimately won by the favourites but outplayed Nottingham Forest, their goalie saving 3 penalties, 😮 so they meet Town next week. The Terriers are 3.65 "underdogs" (🤣🤣🤣) to go through, 2.10 to win the match, so fingers crossed.

Have fun: :0lucky1:

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 4

One good priced winner 😃 but with a R4 deduction 🙄 I'll take it.

image.png.8845590e7f6023eaa3bdb76554b09127.png 

I've started putting my bets on as soon as the new BOGs come in, just after midnight, as the prices are tending to dip by morning. The second winner, Zulu Girl had been at 9.00, I only got 7.00, and last night Townshend was 15.00, now down to 11.00. This doesn't necessarily mean they'll win, but every little edge has to help. 🤨

The poker wasn't as good, an immediate lost buy in, totally my fault, 😥 then a long slow grind back, ending 30BBs down for the day, so not a disaster. 🙂

Have Fun: 🏇

• Like 1

And I'm off and running. 🤣      

image.thumb.png.0a1f5f8ff1853114135fd0df468111b8.png

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

And I'm off and running. 🤣      

image.thumb.png.0a1f5f8ff1853114135fd0df468111b8.png

Lovely to have those! 10 right now are nice shots for you, but I wouldnt go over 5s much. 

But some Shooting Stars and Unidentified Object , are for sure good ones of the 10s. (Even tho UO is with Add-on and basically a 20)

giphy.gif.329ec5c137d4e3b21746b49924e93b23.gif

And that was a bad weekend, probably one of the worst for wanting actual results to happen even if i knew they were not very likely.

The Giants lost to Wigan to a late try in a close encounter, 😢 Liverpool lost the Champions League final by one goal, 😢  and the mighty Terriers failed to get back in the Premier League, again by one goal. 😭 In the SuperToto I was in the top 10 all the way through until the last gasp overtime winner, dropping to 13th.

giphy.gif.93beb68fa1a6ccd091a779a8385202ba.gif

😢 And to cap it all I didn't bet on any of the five horses I'd picked, 3 of them won. 😭😭 It's not all bad picking and bad luck, sometimes it's bad management and..................

• Sad 1

image.gif.8701e35ca0c266aa48cfa148af0e33b8.gif

image.gif.aaa92b53dcaa5f2219ba3480a92ada7f.gif

On 5/25/2022 at 12:32 PM, GR1ZZL3R said:

As a side note my perfect weekend would be;

🏈Giants winning the challenge cup: Obviously.

⚽Liverpool winning the European Champions: Not as obvious (call me a chauvinist if you must) but hoping for a good game.

🏒 Finland winning the World Championships: Probable ( I'm starting to like this game and need to find out if we have this sport in Yorkshire )

⚽The Terriers winning promotion: Doubly obvious.

I won't be crying or moaning even if none of them happen, it's sport, just congratulating the winners, (maybe through gritted teeth.) 

But at least #3 on your wish list happened, so there's the silver lining 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1