Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadAdo Rank 16
Rank 16

Here is (one of) the OPTIMAL strategy:

Spoiler
Do0_XdhX4AA92Mx

But what I'm looking for is YOUR idea(s) guys - so no worry about that I could start beating you afterwhile !

GothMoth Rank 18
Rank 18

@MadAdo  I'm listening to " Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker" atm and have read "Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments" which he was kind enough to give me for free. Also got for free with audible registration on amazon "Positive Poker: A Modern Psychological Approach To Mastering Your Mental Game" which I've listened maybe 1/3 and " Peak Poker Performance: how to bring your 'A' game to every session " which is on the next year list.

I'm very satisfied with the audio-book " Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker"  but consider to obtain paperback copy too, as I'm slow listener (get sleepy, distracted).If someone has this e-book I'm ready to offer some other e-books in exchange which are not outdated as the most (the two by Leatherass are great).

The other MTT one which is $17.99 but he gave me is sort of too simple and mostly oriented on the various player types and how to exploit them. Nothing new, but is written well and is easy to read.

As for the Psychology books they are written with dr.Patricia Gardner and the one I'm familiar with is great and I like it more than the "Mental Game of Poker" which was/is revolutionary but too boring an tedious with all the instructions and notes you have to write... "Positive Poker" on the other hand is very interesting and really helpful and I should finish it soon Smile

Positive Poker outlines the mental skills that you need to develop if you want raise your game. Positive Poker will help you to:

-Optimize your brain for efficient learning
-Increase motivation and stay positive
-Use psychological skills to increase your win rate
-Increase self-control and reduce tilt

And Lastly on your question (consider some on the mental game as everyone has issues, but we're more prone to read strategy which is hardly-digested and not sure if it will work in our particular games and will fit to our inherent playstyle than to follow some simple advices which will make better not only our game, but our life too Smile

@MadAdo  I'm almost sure the one about the cash games will be very good too, but maybe more suitable for NL25, NL50, NL100 . The author just teaches very well - not every good player has this gift. So I recommend the "Positive Poker" as a mental game workbook and some articles by BlackRain or even his books( I have the 1st one) as he is specialized in the micros as no one else Smile

If someone have e-book(s) on MTTs (not Harrington) PM me to make some exchanges Smile

Here is the link to BlackRain's site:

https://www.blackrain79.com/p/start-here.html

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@GothMoth Finally I've found another blackrain fan. He was the first I started reading, first his website then "Crushing The Microstakes" and "The Microstakes Playbook", still I think the best starting point for micro players. Too many books have too many fancy plays for the micros and the only advice I want to give is "Keep it simple" and play as much as you can, there's nothing beats the actual experience. GL. Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
MadAdo Rank 16
Rank 16

@pinki  your quiz challenge for today:

I played 5MTT qualifier for free 1MTT ticket (earned from some Freeroll week ago) to pass also today's "Advent mission = !my main goal!" ... play it around 1h15m and here is the 'last' hand -> we are on the bubble for 5MTT ticket (ITM already):

Actions so far:

PF: I called that "Damoime" all-in for about 1600 chips (blinds are 700/1400) and rest involved players called as well

F: I bet BB, got 2 calls from guys 'above'

T: what was my action ?

Spoiler
Bubble 5MTT - turn.png

0 Likes
pinki Rank 21
Rank 21

@MadAdo  how many 5MTT tickets ? 3? Smile  

edit : ehh i didnt notice others two Wink

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."
0 Likes
MadAdo Rank 16
Rank 16

@pinki  as I wrote -> it is a direct bubble for 5MTT, so 5x 5MTT + 1x 1MTT Smile ... don't be so confused with picture and "Bet" above my nick name -> it stays there from FLOP action ! => as I replayed hand couple times ...

0 Likes
pinki Rank 21
Rank 21

for sure all three checked to the river .. and showdown Wink

edit : ehh you bet !!  why ? Smile)  then ...  others folds and demoime hits a flush Smile  right ? @MadAdo

0 Likes
MadAdo Rank 16
Rank 16

@pinki  You was damn so-close!

Spoiler
And it holds!.png

I hold my hand as far as I deserved it! There was another guy on my 'left' which had < 1BB stack ... so I was no worry so much about that hand Fist

0 Likes
pinki Rank 21
Rank 21

@MadAdo  strange this is spot where everyone should check and hope that shorty die Smile   thats whay i dont understand your bet Smile

pinki Rank 21
Rank 21

@MadAdo but this call from A4s  ...insane .. he was after BB and he must fold in that situation... you also shoudl check and fold if anyone bets ...i think Smile   edit: but in fact it was win-win Smile