Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Too many question marks in this squad [Kepa:classic_biggrin:]. Will be interesting.

Not even 1 year ago, Tuchel replaced Kepa with Mendy while coaching Chelsea. Mendy is now embarrassing himself in Saudi-Arabia while Tuchel wants to bring Kepa to Bayern.

fans GIF

With Courtois now out with an ACL, this might get even spicier...

Anyway, I'm getting serious PTSD now thinking back to the summer of 2016 when Tuchel wanted to buy Bellarabi from Leverkusen for 38 M Euro. We then bought Schürrle for 30 M from Wolfsburg, because they worked together in Mainz...🤦‍♂️

On Saturday, there's some nice summer football to watch with Leverkusen and Dortmund playing against Carpenters and cab drivers in the first round of the cup (3:30 PM). At 8:45 PM we also have the Super Cup between Bayern and Stubbe's new favourite Red Bull. Kane, Kim, Openda, Simons, Sesko are some of the new Buli players to watch.

Edited by WuDu
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

2:0 for Red Bull, Dani Olmo made de Ligt his b***h with his 2nd goal. :classic_ohmy:

Let's see what Harry Kane does now.

21 hours ago, WuDu said:

Mendy is now embarrassing himself in Saudi-Arabia while Tuchel wants to bring Kepa to Bayern.

With Courtois now out with an ACL, this might get even spicier...

And here we go...

image.png.5b513cebb39f06953744d2af600ed770.png

BVB with a solid 6:1 earlier today and is now rumoured to go after Ball of Ketchup:

image.png.c7ec4e5dbdc6f5814bdd0d89c6bc3a70.png

Don Edin is definitely building a mean team right now!

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Seen few Southampton games due to Bednarek and while i can admit :classic_sad: polish defender was abolutely dreadfull, walking running calamity.....ketchap was even worse! Always late, missplaced a lot of easy passes i think what he only have is pace. He is like worse Upamecano. Maybe the worst PL defender last season and Southampton is making a healthy 10mln profit :classic_ohmy: 

Tuchel is cooking probably the worst Bayern in last 20years [Trappatoni/Ribbeck days?]. Maybe Kane will elevate those guys but IMO this will be similar season [still Bayern is out of reach for BVB] to last and if Bayerns board didnt have good opinion about quality of Nagelsball i think Tuchelball is even worse to the eye.

Looking at the RB squad i wonder where Baugmartner will fit, seem for now only sub? And i forget completely that RB have still Dortmund legend Kampl :classic_biggrin:

• Sad 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Tuchel is cooking probably the worst Bayern in last 20years [Trappatoni/Ribbeck days?]. Maybe Kane will elevate those guys but IMO this will be similar season [still Bayern is out of reach for BVB] to last and if Bayerns board didnt have good opinion about quality of Nagelsball i think Tuchelball is even worse to the eye.

Tuchel totally clueless again in the post match interview. :classic_biggrin: Kane nowhere to be seen, Sesko however was looking really good. We might have another Lidl-Haaland here! I also liked Simons, really fun player. Baumgartner is currently injured though...

1 hour ago, jerry said:

And i forget completely that RB have still Dortmund legend Kampl :classic_biggrin:

Half a year in one of the darker times in BVB history, that 14/15 season was completely forgettable.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Seen few Southampton games due to Bednarek and while i can admit :classic_sad: polish defender was abolutely dreadfull, walking running calamity.....ketchap was even worse! Always late, missplaced a lot of easy passes i think what he only have is pace. He is like worse Upamecano. Maybe the worst PL defender last season and Southampton is making a healthy 10mln profit :classic_ohmy: 

TV gif. Dr. Phil sits on stage, closing his eyes as if he heard something unbelievable. He shakes a little bit, his mind blown, and steadies himself with his arms out. He blinks fast as he processes what he just heard.

23 minutes ago, Livertool said:

But he has impressive injury history, surely that is worth something 😄

Cant wait when @WuDu will see him with his critical eye. We all know he dont watch football other than BVB so he probably saw him once or two when BVB played Bochum or some cameos in national team. Ketchup [or as highly educated people pronounce it catsup :classic_biggrin:]was so bad last season he can easily become a star of this thread.

• Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Ketchup [or as highly educated people pronounce it catsup :classic_biggrin:]was so bad last season he can easily become a star of this thread.

king of queens ketchup GIF by TV Land

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Cant wait when @WuDu will see him with his critical eye. We all know he dont watch football other than BVB

The Office gif. Rainn Wilson as Dwight holds a hand up to his face and sternly nods his head. Text, "It's true"

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

Tuchel totally clueless again in the post match interview.

Forgot to add, my favourite part about it was Tuchel practically apologizing to Harry Kane for not giving him his first title. :classic_biggrin: Bayern definitely looking horrible right now, I'm not even sure whether I should keep Harry Kane in my fantasy lineup...

Leverkusen-Red Bull next Saturday could be a fun game.

• Haha 1

The Tuchel era is getting better and better. Not only did he complain about his team ("looked like we did nothing in practice over the past 4 weeks") and apologize to Harry Kane, he's also demanding a new #6 and a new goalie. Speaking of which:

image.png.73165a26c3ad697e65ebe938d9a39afd.png

First Kepa, now Dave the Gay! #TuchelScoutingMasterclass

Just let him cook for a little longer, one BVB transfer summer under him got me PTSD for life. Too bad their first match is against Bremen on Friday. Bremen was eliminated in the first round of the cup.

image.png.7efc39a8409f9e91421ed3bff2a45631.png

Ketchup to the BVB getting closer and closer? But how does he plan to get invited to the Euro24 when he'd be CB #4 for now? A loan with an option to buy in 2024 would make the most sense for us.

• Haha 1

Bayern will miss Neuer dearly. Its not even that he was good goalkeeper/shotstopper, after the injury he was like twice worse, but he was still top sweeper/libero. Now they after not wanted at Real M. De Gea, not wanted cause he never learned to kick/pass the ball correctly :classic_ninja: [dont get me even start on his pen saves percentage] Bono was good at finish of last year, still big gamble, never been at top club and also not too convincing with playing the ball. Maybe stopgap in the name of almost Wisla Krakow player Navas? There's no good german prospects anywhere? As things stands if Kane will not start to fire on all cylinders from the start i think Tuchel is out before December i think number one fav to replace him will be Julien :classic_laugh:

Bayern probably already is thinking about Kobel. If they not get someone permanent this season i think they will go after him next year. Assuming he will not look like in the end of the season :classic_blink:

spacer.png

Third worse decision to go skiing in Germany? 1.Schumacher 2.Julien 3.Neuer 

:classic_biggrin:

spacer.png

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1

@jerry not in the mood to take any prisoners today!

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Third worse decision to go skiing in Germany? 1.Schumacher 2.Julien 3.Neuer 

Savage Af GIF

Having said that, I like how Nagelsmann let's Bayern bleed now, sitting on his couch, banging his gf, watch a little football here and there all while Bayern still has to pay him!

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Bayern probably already is thinking about Kobel. If they not get someone permanent this season i think they will go after him next year. Assuming he will not look like in the end of the season 

Sure, but that will cost them. Oil money, sugar daddy money, Saudi money, British TV money all leads to pharmacy prices for any top player. The question is whether Kobel wants to become a legend in Dortmund (he's already the #2 captain) or if he wants to be player # 17 on the Bayern roster, being treated as such. My assumption is that he'll stay and extend his deal in Dortmund.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Maybe stopgap in the name of almost Wisla Krakow player Navas? There's no good german prospects anywhere?

Tuchel said it during the last press conference: They're looking for a goalie that's available right now, who can play for Bayern and who'll move to the bench once/if Neuer comes back. They wanted Kepa, who went to Real. They wanted Rulli from Ajax, who injured himself. They had Sommer, who they let go to Inter. They had Nübel, who's been loaned to Stuttgart. 

Sad Oh No GIF

All in all, more mismanagement from Bayern. If you go back a few years, you can read about Stubby salivating over Nübel before Bayern picked him up. Brazzo wanted to groom him behind Neuer, however Neuer and Bayern's goalie coach, with whom Neuer is veeeeeery close 🌈 ), wanted none of that. 

But there's another one:

Played for 1860 Munich before, very good at Bielefeld, excellent with his legs, experience with Shitty. Won't be cheap...

• Haha 1

I dont think City will part ways with Ortega for less than 20-30 or even more just for the lolz cause they know they dealing with desperate people. Paying that much for a guy who played 5 or so games in last two years?

spacer.png

They should risk with someone young uproven. If not now then when? Keeper from Bayern reserves is retarded? When Van Gaal promoted Muller people make fun of him. Lets say Bayern buy Kovacevic for who Rakow wants 10 which is a peanuts for Bayern. If he embarass himself then that 10 will still be easy to recoup and there is still january window. I do understand not taking for playing footballer from the field from lower league. Tempo is diffrent, tactical awareness, stamina, technical quality, there's little to none chance he will fit into good team. Its diffrent with goalkeepers  cause they really not footballers, but like...gymnasts :classic_biggrin: who need to have good mental. Kovacevic would be great shout but Bayern have blinders on and look only at english teams.

Was looking for Kovacevic gif and look what i found :classic_biggrin:

spacer.png

Here is Kova:classic_biggrin: I like him i think he will be at least on Handanovic level, hopefully on Oblak's

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, WuDu said:

Tuchel said it during the last press conference: They're looking for a goalie that's available right now, who can play for Bayern and who'll move to the bench once/if Neuer comes back

What a sales pitch. Any self-respecting keeper wants to join that deal, right 😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

What a sales pitch. Any self-respecting keeper wants to join that deal, right 😆

#LetTuchelCook

2 hours ago, jerry said:

I dont think City will part ways with Ortega for less than 20-30 or even more just for the lolz cause they know they dealing with desperate people. Paying that much for a guy who played 5 or so games in last two years?

Played well for Bielefeld in the Bundesliga...

But if I were him, I'd stay at Shitty.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

They should risk with someone young uproven. If not now then when? Keeper from Bayern reserves is retarded? When Van Gaal promoted Muller people make fun of him. Lets say Bayern buy Kovacevic for who Rakow wants 10 which is a peanuts for Bayern. If he embarass himself then that 10 will still be easy to recoup and there is still january window. 

They had Yann Sommer, a keeper who's good enough to start for Inter Milan, yet Tuchel wasn't happy with him. If they bought a goalie from Veikkausliiga or Ekstraklasa and he looked a little shaky, the club bosses, the supporters, the media would demand answers in no time! If you want to throw in youngsters, it's easier to do so the more they're positioned away from their own goal. 

As I mentioned countless times, it's not in Bayern's DNA to develop players themselves, especially not at the goalie position. Over the past 30 years, they practically had 2 goalies: Olli Kahn and Manuel Neuer. Just look at their performance from 2008/09-2010/11 when they didn't have that luxury.

• Like 1

Union Berlin signed Gosens from Inter and are close to Volland from Monaco. They're definitely trying to compete for Europe again this season. Interesting that they mainly pick up older veterans and completely disregard any youth players.

Also interesting, Bayern still with no new goalie or a DM:

image.thumb.png.eb0c0ca8650b4612fb3fabc95fce2ed8.png

Pretty rough beginning for them.

On 8/14/2023 at 7:36 PM, jerry said:

As things stands if Kane will not start to fire on all cylinders from the start i think Tuchel is out before December

Maybe you should place a few Zloty here...

Bayern bros, I'm not feeling so good right now:

There are reports that Bayern is looking for a goalie that is going to play behind Ulreich. Don't forget, Tuchel complained all season about needing another goalie. Now Sven Ulreich is the only pro left on the roster. They even loaned out their #3 from last year as well. Ulreich used to play for the HSV in the 2. Bundesliga for a year and their fanbase wasn't too sad about him leaving for Bavaria again. 

For some reason, anybody is buying defensive midfielders now. Bayern have none. Kimmich, Roidretzka, Laimer, Gravenberch and Guerreiro are all thinking offensively. Tuchel has been complaining about getting a "holding 6" all preseason. He hates Roidretzka, Guerreiro is injured and developing Gravenberch is below Tuchel, so Kimmich/Laimer it most likely is to start the year.

Pavard wants to leave for United, yet they cannot replace him. 

The only players I heard Tuchel speak highly of were Kim and Kane. :classic_biggrin: According to him "Kane will play every game" and "we have to adjust to him, not the other way round". Something tells me, that he doesn't like his roster...

All in all, Bayern is looking horribly right now, especially on defense. @jerry is a crazy Polski, however Tuchel getting fired is far from being impossible. They still have great individual talent, however playing with a 2. Buli goalie, without a defensive midfielder, with question marks at CB (Upamecano, de Ligt) and a LB that doesn't want to defend (Davies, Guerreiro), I see them conceding a lot of goals.

So who's winning the Meisterschaft?

happy borussia dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

I really like our new players. Yes, there are some holes on the roster, yet nothing compared to Bayern's. We start with Köln, Bochum and Heidenheim. I'm expecting 9 points here even with all the injuries.

All or Nothing: The National Team in Qatar

On 8/15/2023 at 3:46 PM, jerry said:

They should risk with someone young uproven. If not now then when? Keeper from Bayern reserves is retarded?

https://www-bild-de.translate.goog/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/fc-bayern-mit-torwart-daniel-peretz-einig-unendliche-suche-scheint-vorbei-85086462.bild.html?t_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.transfermarkt.de%2F&_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true

facepalm GIF

23 year old Israeli from Maccabi Tel Aviv. They must be trolling Tuchel...

• Haha 1

German u21 and capped one time for mighty Israel. Would be ok replacement for Kovacevic at Raków, with maybe that 4mln a bit high for Raków [he is probably 1-2mln player and other two is Bayern's tax :classic_biggrin:]. Seem ok, like i said if he emabarass himself there is january window, im pretty sure some solid/proven keeper will be available then. Maybe they struck gold. Since he played in u21 is he rated in Germany or not? Judging by the cap for Israel could be that not, but with Neuer/TerStegen its understandable he would pick other national team. Kovacevic would be better solution, he should thank his idiot agent who offered him to Bayern by himself a while ago.

Have some nice freebets on the weekend, should i add Dortmund to the roster? Koeln seem to be capable of making some upset so i probably will hold my hand here. Same with Bayern really. Fullkrug and neuzugang Kownacki [and Dukscht stayed also!] with another headache for Tuchel? Easily could be that im overthinking my hand here, and both with win handi -3...

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Maybe they struck gold. Since he played in u21 is he rated in Germany or not? Judging by the cap for Israel could be

He probably doesn't speak fluent German at all...

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Have some nice freebets on the weekend, should i add Dortmund to the roster? Koeln seem to be capable of making some upset so i probably will hold my hand here. Same with Bayern really. Fullkrug and neuzugang Kownacki [and Dukscht stayed also!] with another headache for Tuchel? Easily could be that im overthinking my hand here, and both with win handi -3...

image.png.b5341aa8e5b28241712541e27db16077.png

What a lineup! Kimmich/Roidretzka, both of them not interested in defending. Davies as well. Upa always good for a blunder. Ulreich as your goalie. Kim never played Bundesliga before. Maybe some bet on Bremen to score goals.

Kownacki starting on the bench, however you might want to take a look at Justin Njinmah. Used to play for BVB 2 and is one hell of a speedster. Would be cool to see him come on in the second half. #ShadesOfLukebakio

Just now, cris1285 said:

Honestly, didn't expect this beatdown at all. I expected two shit teams, but this Bremen is even worse than I thought. 

Wouldn't call it a beatdown, however the 2-0 by Kane sealed the deal and then they were packing it in. Bremen had chances early in the second half, but failed to convert. 

Red Bull- Leverkusen tomorrow at 3:30 PM and the BVB playing the Topspiel against Köln. 

Defence looks horrible maybe in terms of winning champions league. In terms of league they will steamroll buli and sadly title will be won late february/march. Only chance for league is Kane missing games just like it was with Lewy. That said Werder will probably be fighting relegation [defence was horrible] so it could be that this game prove nothing. We'll see.

On other hand Wolfsburg-Heindenheim you think its sure Wolfsburg's win. Yeah i would agree only i think odds on Wolfsburg are a bit bigh as they are in region of 1,7 and it should be 1,4-1,5. Judging by this i think its a match to avoid/watch. Many times my similar analysis are right, but other times...well its like betting, sometimes you're right sometimes you're horribly wrong :classic_biggrin: Bayern -3 was good [maybe lucky but it was!], lets see if Dortmund also win by three goals...

• Like 1