Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

4 hours ago, psrquack said:

Unfortunately I didn't watch the BVB game so I don't know what happened but yes, Hertha is a different story. I was sure hiring former players from the 90/00's could work, because they already know each other, but it seems differences are bigger than expected. Also think buying Boateng was a failure but all the club went astray accepting the new sponsor's deal and trying to shine without buying quality players. To the Leipzig game: Rasen BallSport is better with 2-3 goals, currently Hertha have many injured players and the team spirit is also low. 6-0 was in the deck.

Chaos at Hertha, as always in the last few years. But Dardai is doing a good job, saving the club every time, despite the downbeats here and there. The previous coaches nearly drove Hertha to BuLi2, they all tried very hard, even when they had money to spend. This is it now, he cant make goulash without meat and veggies...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Chaos at Hertha, as always in the last few years. But Dardai is doing a good job, saving the club every time, despite the downbeats here and there. The previous coaches nearly drove Hertha to BuLi2, they all tried very hard, even when they had money to spend. This is it now, he cant make goulash without meat and veggies...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hykwrsii0g3ie8l3ts

You gotta be kidding me! There are 116 Bundesliga coaches in history with 100+ Bundesliga matches. Pal is ranked 67th with 1,31 points per game. He's the definition of average. He can keep an underperforming team in the league, but that's it. Still a likeable character...

What new Hertha GM Fredi Bobic is doing so far is really tough to figure out:

image.thumb.png.94bcb4e45cb2ac3b3402ff3fea6bc466.png

Maybe the goal was to get rid of as many bad apples/contracts as possible while there are Fürth, Bochum and Bielefeld still playing in the league. In order to then build a new team from the ground up.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hykwrsii0g3ie8l3ts

You gotta be kidding me! There are 116 Bundesliga coaches in history with 100+ Bundesliga matches. Pal is ranked 67th with 1,31 points per game. He's the definition of average. He can keep an underperforming team in the league, but that's it. Still a likeable character...

What new Hertha GM Fredi Bobic is doing so far is really tough to figure out:

image.thumb.png.94bcb4e45cb2ac3b3402ff3fea6bc466.png

Maybe the goal was to get rid of as many bad apples/contracts as possible while there are Fürth, Bochum and Bielefeld still playing in the league. In order to then build a new team from the ground up.

Thats why, its madness what the management doing there. How can you work like that, how can you achieve a better position? Without Dardai BuLi2 would have been a lock at least twice. We saw what the other coaches did. 

Otoh Dardai is certainly an average coach skill wise, however he is a great motivator. 

• Like 1

Haaland and Dahoud missing the match today. Can is back sitting on the bench. To me, this leads to the following line-up (unless Rose screws up again):

Kobel

Guerreiro-Hummel-Akanji-Meunier

Witsel

Hazard     Bellingham

Brandt

Reus        Malen

Schulz is getting praised a lot by Rose and Wolf played well as a sub so far. But I don't see them moving into the starting lineup. Moukoko should come on if we lead in the end to get some playing time. 

Last matchday before another national team break, so it'll be interesting to see whether Haaland is healthy then. Including the Cup, Super-Cup and the UCL, the BVB played 10 matches so far this season. Our record if Haaland missed the game or didn't score? 4 matches, 1 win and 3 losses. 3 goals scored. 😫  

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Brandt winning the game for us today with a great goal! @jerry, how do you like him now?

Gladbach now 3 points behind Wolfsburg and they already played Bayern, BVB, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg. Adolf H. is getting ready to storm Europe again...

• Like 1

Bayern losing to Frankfurt and Kostic made the 2-1. 🤭

If Leverkusen wins today vs Arminia, the top-3 Bayern, Leverkusen, BVB would only be seperated by 1 point. And in 2 weeks, Bayern travels to Leverkusen. 💥

In Bundesliga 2, freaking Terodde scored his 11th goal after 9 matchdays. He's now tied for the all-time lead in the 2. Bundesliga. He scored 11 goals, all the other smurfs scored 5 so far. 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BVB leading the Bundesliga for now, today Leverkusen is playing Bayern. Usually this should be a game where 

1. Leverkusen usually chokes and
  2. Bayern is extra motivated.

Let's hope that this isn't the case this time around.

Haaland playing 90 mins yesterday surprised me, so it hurts extra that he scored 18 fantasy points while I replaced him with freaking Embolo. 🤮But how can anyone not like him, especially after seeing him interacting with the supporters.

Streaker running onto the pitch after the game yesterday and then this happened:

Got Haaland's jersey, a selfie and did "la ola" with the team...

oh no facepalm GIF by Bundesliga

And Haaland is out again! 🤮 But hey, playing him 2*90 minutes within 3 days coming out of an injury was hopefully worth it! Other injuries for the BVB are Schulz (LOL) and Meunier. And to be honest, it wouldn't hurt if Mats Hummels stays away from the team as well.

Having said that, this really looks like a 3-4-2-1 system for the next few games, since our top-2 outside defenders on both sides are gone. Hazard and Wolf could be stepping in. Also, this is it for Malen now. 

The good news? Our next opponents are Bielefeld, Ingolstadt and Köln.  

22 hours ago, WuDu said:

Having said that, this really looks like a 3-4-2-1 system for the next few games, since our top-2 outside defenders on both sides are gone. Hazard and Wolf could be stepping in. Also, this is it for Malen now. 

The good news? Our next opponents are Bielefeld, Ingolstadt and Köln.  

And here they are:

image.png.b59968ac4aea56d5a63543d54f75bad6.png

On the bench: Reinier, Knauff and Tigges! Lord have mercy!

Hopefully this won't be a 3 man backline, this is very, very defensive vs Bielefeld.

Angelino with -2 fantasy points! What's going on over there? 🥴

Bvb leading 2-0 and the game is tough to watch. Can taking the penalties now, says everything you need to know...😆

• Haha 1

Overall a 3-1 victory against Bielefeld. An "Arbeitssieg" as we call it in German. Bellingham with a great goal to close out the game. Pongracic with a "productive" day as well: I counted 4 missed passes building up the game in the first half, one of the counter attacks then led to the Kobel injury. 

However the story of the Bundesliga this week is Joshua Kimmich refusing to get vaccinated against corona. The crazies on twitter and transfermarkt are not too happy with that...😆

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:16 PM, jerry said:

@Stubbe-Unibet 

That 12 odd for  Van Bommel to be first fired is a big value 🤪💣  Dont see them going down though, maybe if they sell Weghorst and that goalkeeper

On 8/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, WuDu said:

giphy.gif

As if Wolfsburg's GM can afford to kick out van Bommel within the first 10 matchdays after kicking out Glasner who led them into the UCL. I don't think that's going to happen.

https://twitter.com/VfL_Wolfsburg/status/1452290045503750145

and bye bye van Bommel! He's the first to go! So @jerry, did you place a bet?

With the way Frankfurt is playing right now, maybe Schmadtke should call Glasner again...😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

and bye bye van Bommel! He's the first to go! So @jerry, did you place a bet?

With the way Frankfurt is playing right now, maybe Schmadtke should call Glasner again...😄

Yeah i did it on the ziemniak, its how we call bookies with shops on the ground [and fookin tax on top of it]. The odds was bigger so no hard feelings Unibet 🤪 im still loyal!

Anyway i forget about this affair since Wolfsburg started pretty good [great actually, maybe apart that funny pokal debakel] So even if was sure he will be out before the next season was also sure he will not be the first. How the Greuther coach is keeping his job i dont know, he must have naked photos of the club president or something and A.H in Gladbach probably won few weeks of work thanks to Wolfsburg win [still i think he could be next]. 

Knowing VB this is good decision but taking only results it wasnt as bad, he's got pretty rough schedule and only two big loses there. Hoffenheim and Union was maybe pretty bad but Freiburg is on fire lately. Curious who will be next, not many good names out there. Favre maybe? 

BTW Freiburg is my fav buli team. Anyone remember Finke and his Georgian offensive? Some good memories watching that team.

Good for Kimmich 👍

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Yeah i did it on the ziemniak, its how we call bookies with shops on the ground [and fookin tax on top of it]. The odds was bigger so no hard feelings Unibet 🤪 im still loyal!

Anyway i forget about this affair since Wolfsburg started pretty good [great actually, maybe apart that funny pokal debakel] So even if was sure he will be out before the next season was also sure he will not be the first. How the Greuther coach is keeping his job i dont know, he must have naked photos of the club president or something and A.H in Gladbach probably won few weeks of work thanks to Wolfsburg win [still i think he could be next]. 

👍

image.thumb.png.b6896a1d8f158d4ede081277d3f17da1.png

I think Wolfsburg's great start is directly correlated with their weak schedule. In addition to that, no win in 3 UCL games and van Bommel substituted them out of the cup. I don't think Favre would take over, this seems more like a job for Tedesco or Pretty Bruno. 

I think Adolf H. is not doing a bad job in Gladbach. They're getting Bochum, Mainz and Fürth next. After these games they might be looking towards the Euroleague again. The coaches in trouble the most right now are definitely Augsburg's, Bielefeld's and Glasner in Frankfurt.

7 hours ago, jerry said:

BTW Freiburg is my fav buli team. Anyone remember Finke and his Georgian offensive? Some good memories watching that team.

Leftist club in a leftist city with a leftist coach who whines all the time?

ab4987e7-efcf-40c5-8823-f947127a47f0.gif?w=640&auto=format

Selling this little bump like Ric Flair...🤣

No thanks. They cannot even speak proper German.

However, they're the only unbeaten team right now, let's see how they'll do against Bayern...

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.d057e4f8c688069dc6dfeb6a08fb7301.png

giphy.gif

The BVB is tough to watch right now with Tigges and Reinier "playing" up front. Speaking of which, Reinier's daddy complained about his playing time today, I think this could be it for him in Dortmund...

• Like 1

Typical Adolf-Ball right now: Gladbach-Bayern 3:0 after the first half!😲

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sometimes i pair freak results with favs losing. BMG +Rayo+Sassuolo was so obvious bet today 🤪 Maybe one day i will make it and get paid.

Freak result, Nagelsmann knew when to go home sick. Would be great if this was sign of things to come but probably it will not. They will thrash Union and we will be back to typical scottish football race 😉

Oh and i guess Adolf out is out of question now. Probably till february at least.

Edited by jerry
  • Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

3 hours ago, jerry said:

Freak result, Nagelsmann knew when to go home sick. Would be great if this was sign of things to come but probably it will not. They will thrash Union and we will be back to typical scottish football race 😉

Oh and i guess Adolf out is out of question now. Probably till february at least.

Nah, this was totally deserved. Embolo made Upamecano his bitch (something we already saw Haaland do in the cup final). Having said that, usually this means Bayern curse for Gladbach now vs Bochum on Sunday and Union getting abused by an angry Bayern team. We'll see.

As I mentioned before, this was 100 % Adolf-Ball. Playing great against the top-clubs, only to then have problems vs the smaller ones. He's beaten Bayern three times now (including the cup) for 3 years in a row. Twice his team scored 5 goals against them. Versus the BVB in the Bundesliga, Adolf only lost twice in 7 games. In the Euroleague with Frankfurt, he won against Inter, Arsenal and Lazio on the road and almost kicked out Chelsea in the semis.  

• Like 1

Ajax' Antony today involved in all 3 goals for them (2 assists) and provoking the red card vs Hummels. Not bad, especially after his performance 2 weeks ago.

Now the BVB has to win against Sporting in 3 weeks.

Also incredible to see how Bellingham develops in front of our eyes. With Haaland out, there's a case to be made that he's the best player on the team right now!