Poker emojis toxic?

Cindy_Essex

I really don't like it. It just creates a space for people to be toxic. I know they can be turned off - and I'll certainly be doing that, I'm just saying I think it's a bad idea.

We've all been on the internet - people are so nasty, spiteful and childish. Adding this feature will 100% guarantee toxic behaviour, very, very often. 

37 minutes ago, Cindy_Essex said:

I really don't like it. It just creates a space for people to be toxic. I know they can be turned off - and I'll certainly be doing that, I'm just saying I think it's a bad idea.

We've all been on the internet - people are so nasty, spiteful and childish. Adding this feature will 100% guarantee toxic behaviour, very, very often. 

If someone gets offended or feel an emoji is nasty or toxic, best is probably to just switch off the router 🙂
I mean, I get what you're saying, but at the same time there has to be a lower limit to how we "protect" the players. If someone finds  😍🤮, a fish escaping etc. toxic and tilting, I'm not sure poker is the game for them in the first place. 

• Like 5

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

9 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

If someone gets offended or feel an emoji is nasty or toxic, best is probably to just switch off the router 🙂
I mean, I get what you're saying, but at the same time there has to be a lower limit to how we "protect" the players. If someone finds  😍🤮, a fish escaping etc. toxic and tilting, I'm not sure poker is the game for them in the first place. 

Mate... The way you've phrased that and the things you've said appear to be deliberately twisting what I've said.

I never mention "protecting" the players smh. I never said the shit animations that you've added are toxic and tilting but if you choose to misrepresent me like that then maybe being a community manager isn't for you? Since you are so passionate about emojis and you appear to be unable to accept someone else's opinion then Twitter could be the one for you. 

Emojis aren't fun, they're stupid and childish, they add nothing to the game. I think they create space for people to be as nasty as possible. That's my opinion and I am part of this community whether you like it or not. Your reply is childish and exactly the kind of playground nonsense I would expect from someone who thinks emojis are hilarious. 

Saying "turn off your router" is pathetic and for a CM, embarrassing. As if you are someone better suited to being on the internet than someone else because you disagree. Are you pretending to be better than me or what?  

Edited by Cindy_Essex
Spelling

11 hours ago, Cindy_Essex said:

Mate... The way you've phrased that and the things you've said appear to be deliberately twisting what I've said.

I never mention "protecting" the players smh. I never said the shit animations that you've added are toxic and tilting but if you choose to misrepresent me like that then maybe being a community manager isn't for you? Since you are so passionate about emojis and you appear to be unable to accept someone else's opinion then Twitter could be the one for you. 

Emojis aren't fun, they're stupid and childish, they add nothing to the game. I think they create space for people to be as nasty as possible. That's my opinion and I am part of this community whether you like it or not. Your reply is childish and exactly the kind of playground nonsense I would expect from someone who thinks emojis are hilarious. 

Saying "turn off your router" is pathetic and for a CM, embarrassing. As if you are someone better suited to being on the internet than someone else because you disagree. Are you pretending to be better than me or what?  

I think you're really just emphasizing my point here.

I don't believe I twisted anything, but it wasn't a perfect choice of words and should have elaborated more. Your main points were:

1. "I really don't like it. It just creates a space for people to be toxic."
  2. "We've all been on the internet - people are so nasty, spiteful and childish. Adding this feature will 100% guarantee toxic behaviour, very, very often. "

You're saying it'll be used in a toxic context - "very, very often" - to which I essentially reply that I don't agree, and if someone was truly to be seriously negatively impacted by them, poker probably isn't the game for them, and neither is the internet in general - I simply don't see how the feature or use thereof can be considered so toxic, and if it's toxic without anyone being negatively impacted, what is it actually you're trying to say? The internet is, in general, a "nasty, spiteful and childish" place, I totally agree with that, and that's part of the point really and why I don't think a simple emoji reaction in a fun game of poker is to be considered so "toxic".

I apologize if it wasn't crystal clear in the original reply, but: I didn't say you should turn off your router. I meant that the internet is a toxic place in general and an emoji in a game of poker I'd never label as such - especially not with our implementation. If one thinks an emoji at a poker table is toxic, the internet truly is a scary place. It wasn't meant as a personal attack and not sure why you'd interpret it as such - you're kind of underlining my point here.

Just because I don't nod along and agree with you, it doesn't mean that I don't accept your opinion. I do listen, but just like you, I also speak my mind and make it clear if I disagree with something.

I suggest you actually try the feature, cause from my experience so far, you'll see that you're wrong. It isn't "very, very often toxic", quite the contrary actually. Sure, if you win a big pot, you might get a couple of laughing reactions from the villain on the losing end of the hand, but is that really toxic or a bad thing? Not to me, but I guess you might be of a different opinion here?
Could be we have very different definitions of the word toxic - I believe more in the formal definition and not the watered-down one that's used to describe almost any kind of behavior that slightly deviates from the norm in a negative fashion - but even so, I don't agree with your sentiment; partly because of the experience with the feature so far.

NB I'm not the community manager (it should say "Poker Product Expert" next to my name, but maybe not on mobile). 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I think you're really just emphasizing my point here.

I don't believe I twisted anything, but might have been a bit too straight. Your main points were:

1. "I really don't like it. It just creates a space for people to be toxic."
  2. "We've all been on the internet - people are so nasty, spiteful and childish. Adding this feature will 100% guarantee toxic behaviour, very, very often. "

You're saying it'll be used in a toxic context - "very, very often" - to which I essentially reply that I don't agree, and if someone was truly to be seriously negatively impacted by them, poker probably isn't the game for them, and neither is the internet in general - I simply don't see how the feature or use thereof can be considered so toxic, and if it's toxic without anyone being negatively impacted, what is it actually you're trying to say? The internet is, in general, a "nasty, spiteful and childish" place, I totally agree with that, and that's part of the point really and why I don't think a simple emoji reaction in a fun game of poker is to be considered so "toxic".

I apologize if it wasn't crystal clear in the original reply, but: I didn't say you should turn off your router. I meant that the internet is a toxic place in general and an emoji in a game of poker I'd never label as such - especially not with our implementation. If one thinks an emoji at a poker table is toxic, the internet truly is a scary place. It wasn't meant as a personal attack and not sure why you'd interpret it as such - you're kind of underlining my point here.

Just because I don't nod along and agree with you, it doesn't mean that I don't accept your opinion. I do listen, but just like you, I also speak my mind and make it clear if I disagree with something.

I suggest you actually try the feature, cause from my experience so far, you'll see that you're wrong. It isn't "very, very often toxic", quite the contrary actually. Sure, if you win a big pot, you might get a couple of laughing reactions from the villain on the losing end of the hand, but is that really toxic or a bad thing? Not to me, but I guess you might be of a different opinion here?
Could be we have very different definitions of the word toxic - I believe more in the formal definition and not the watered-down one that's used to describe almost any kind of behavior that slightly deviates from the norm in a negative fashion - but even so, I don't agree with your sentiment; partly because of the experience with the feature so far.

NB I'm not the community manager (it should say "Poker Product Expert" next to my name, but maybe not on mobile). 

Saying something childish and nasty then pretending to be dealing with the issue logically by numbering my points? So impressive. 

Being a total arsehole then lying by saying "I didn't mean you" is cowardly and laughable. 

I don't care about the emojis that much; this is, however a place to share our opinions about exactly that. You've responded to my post with a level of nastiness which is unbelievable for a member of staff. Don't pretend to be all professional and don't pretend that's not what you meant. 

Yes, I see you're not a community manager, I didn't bother to look and I should have. You can just replace where I've said "CM" with "Unibet employee".

An example of that can be found in the following sentence "A Unibet employee told me if I get offended or feel an emoji is nasty or toxic, best is (sic) probably to just switch off the router and that poker isn't the game for me. Then the same employee pretended they didn't mean me when they obviously did. What a cunt." 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cindy_Essex said:

"A Unibet employee told me if I get offended or feel an emoji is nasty or toxic, best is (sic) probably to just switch off the router and that poker isn't the game for me. Then the same employee pretended they didn't mean me when they obviously did. What a cunt." 

This is surely not what Stubbe meant with the post but lets not derail the thread any more than it already has. 

Keep the feedback coming (good or bad). 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy_Essex said:

Saying something childish and nasty then pretending to be dealing with the issue logically by numbering my points? So impressive. 

Being a total arsehole then lying by saying "I didn't mean you" is cowardly and laughable. 

I don't care about the emojis that much; this is, however a place to share our opinions about exactly that. You've responded to my post with a level of nastiness which is unbelievable for a member of staff. Don't pretend to be all professional and don't pretend that's not what you meant. 

Yes, I see you're not a community manager, I didn't bother to look and I should have. You can just replace where I've said "CM" with "Unibet employee".

An example of that can be found in the following sentence "A Unibet employee told me if I get offended or feel an emoji is nasty or toxic, best is (sic) probably to just switch off the router and that poker isn't the game for me. Then the same employee pretended they didn't mean me when they obviously did. What a cunt." 

It was a silly response (not nasty), I do agree with that, but it wasn't meant to be personal at all. I was commenting on the feature in general, just like you. I should have elaborated the comment and the router part could have been left out completely, as it's a textbook example of something that can be misinterpreted (especially when I didn't do a better job at explaining it).
You made it quite clear that you don't like the feature and haven't used it, so I'm not sure why you see it as such a personal attack, as it couldn't possibly be.

I stand by that if someone truly finds the feature toxic and gets really impacted by it - after actually having tried it, which I still recommend you to do - the internet can't be a nice place and poker is a dangerous game, as you need thick skin and not be inclined to tilt easily/get emotionally influenced. Regardless of how you insist on interpreting things, this is what I meant 🙂 

Do I really seem like someone who would try to "cover my tracks" and not be honest about what I meant? Should be quite clear from the above that I don't sugarcoat anything and say it like it is. Think you're reading evil intentions into every word (or emoji).

Anyway, I do apologize if you feel offended, but let's not derail the thread further and good luck at the tables 🙂 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cindy_Essex said:

Freedom what does that mean? Nothing. This has nothing to do with you so keep out of it OK?

1 minute ago, Cindy_Essex said:

It's not woke bs, although I am aware that people who describe any old bollocks as woke bs do think that everything is woke bs.As I said to Freedom, it's got nothing to do with you, so keep out of it. 

Oh, so you don't wanna play with me, 🙁 ok, I'm getting my ball and going home. 😭

7 minutes ago, Cindy_Essex said:

so keep out of it. 

Trust me, i'm out of this. Didn't say word to you cause this is clearly woke bs and you can't be reason with it hence i gave stubbe suggestion not to apologize either.

Emojis can be turned off if someone don't like them, there is no issue at all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

Present ones are lame. I don't think anyone will get insulted by these.

Don't underestimate modern day people. At least one already thinks they are toxic 😄

But for real, what i've seen on other sites, players hardly ever use emojis anymore after the new feature excitement dies. Lot of fuss over nothing imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Don't underestimate modern day people. At least one already thinks they are toxic 😄

But for real, what i've seen on other sites, players hardly ever use emojis anymore after the new feature excitement dies. Lot of fuss over nothing imo.

That's true. But I still use the "You suck" emoji often if someone is tanking on my value bet or "I'm so good" when sucking out. They might have emojis disabled but either way, I like to think it has some kind of impact 😄

• Haha 1