€500 Betting Freeroll

Kamon

8 minutes ago, psrquack said:

If you want to eager new players why don't you give them general tickets instead of restricted event tickets @Stubbe-Unibet?

Cost efficiency and a belief that it ultimately doesn't make much difference as an incentive 🙂

14 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Aka new players, right? And if so, wasn´t that what i said too?

So if nothing new is done with letting bettors know that they got ticket for freeroll, how can it lure new players if they still don´t know about ticket received? And if you add some new notification of some kind now, couldn´t that be tried with old betting freerolls? Cause i got strong gut feeling that even new players would appreciate cash prices more than tickets. Another thing is that would they continue to play poker with that xtra cash or run away with it. If later, then tickets may be better for unibet poker but i got my doubts. All the same to me, time will tell....

Something new is done, that's the point, as mentioned by Andy earlier: "The idea behind the changes is that it should hopefully make this promotion do what it's supposed to to do much better. If the timeframe and the markets are smaller, it's easier for us to get the promotion included in emails and in areas of the main site where non-poker players will see it. That's good for you because the more of those players that get into poker, the more money there is for you to win. More cash tables, more players in the Hex pool, bigger MTT GTDs.  You don't win as much directly from the betting freeroll itself, but you do longer term from all the new players we hopefully attract."

I can definitely share some numbers later. Should say I haven't been involved much in this and don't know the exact plan for promoting it, but I trust Seb on this one - as Andy said, it's impossible that it'll be worse than the old setup 🙂 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Cost efficiency and a belief that it ultimately doesn't make much difference as an incentive 🙂

Please shed us some light, why is a €10 Supermoon ticket cheaper than a general €10 MTT ticket? On the other hand if 1k in Supermoon tickets is cheaper for your company than 1k in general tickets, then why do you count at value rating €1 in cash equal to €1 in tickets? Not trolling, real question.

11 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Please shed us some light, why is a €10 Supermoon ticket cheaper than a general €10 MTT ticket? On the other hand if 1k in Supermoon tickets is cheaper for your company than 1k in general tickets, then why do you count at value rating €1 in cash equal to €1 in tickets? Not trolling, real question.

Overlay 🙂

Supermoon sats running with more overlay. More value for player and more value for company (as the tickets help reduce the overlay).

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Overlay 🙂

Supermoon sats running with more overlay. More value for player and more value for company (as the tickets help reduce the overlay).

But if you give out more tickets the overlay will sunk or tickets will cover the guarantee. Giving out general tickets would help you to assure the overlay for players but those Supermoon tickets is good for the company only.

46 minutes ago, psrquack said:

But if you give out more tickets the overlay will sunk or tickets will cover the guarantee. Giving out general tickets would help you to assure the overlay for players but those Supermoon tickets is good for the company only.

No, there is still more overlay in the Supermoon sat tree 🙂 and if you're thinking about the target event, the gtd wouldn't be the same 

I don't think this is going to get you more customers than the previous competitions did.

€500 Freeroll was held twice every week so people got used to it. Even now there are customers asking why it's no longer available. If €500 cost you too much you could've just cut it in half but keep same the structure (2x €250 per week).

More Betting Freerolls and tiers depending on the amount you bet would have been better than 1 or 2 tournaments a month. (for example: €100 Freeroll ticket for €10 bet; €400 Freeroll ticket for €100 bet)

An idea that might interest bettors to play poker tournaments is having Free Bets as prize instead of tickets.

I don't think new users see much value in tickets which is why that's probably the best way to scare them away from playing poker.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joco said:

€500 Freeroll was held twice every week so people got used to it.

I'm just going out on a limb here (Stubbe and Andy have and can provide more information) but I think this is part of the reason it did change. It did not achieve what it was meant to achieve but when people got used to it, it served as a freeroll for people who are used to it and not as a cross selling promotion.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, Jami-Unibet said:

I'm just going out on a limb here (Stubbe and Andy have and can provide more information) but I think this is part of the reason it did change. It did not achieve what it was meant to achieve but when people got used to it, it served as a freeroll for people who are used to it and not as a cross selling promotion.

This.

Everyone is getting hung up on the cumulative value of the freerolls and the fact it's less overall but to customers who have never seen the promotion before, a €1,000 freeroll is bigger than a €500 freeroll. They're unaware that it's less overall than the old promo because they never saw it so it can't be a less likely to attract new players, It can only be the same or better.

To customers that did see the old promotion at some point and didn't engage, it's either going to continue to not engage them or the €1,000 figure will get them to log in. Again, we can't do any worse than before.

For customers that only place a sports bet to get a freeroll ticket that stop because they feel it's not good value anymore, the €10 just goes on something else, either on other poker tournaments or another product. There is obviously a risk, if players are depositing just for this promo (which seems very unlikely based on the data), they stop playing. This is good news for the remaining players because the field size decreases and your personal value goes up.

To players who are just starting in poker, I'd imagine the opportunity to win a piece of a €1,000 prizepool for free will outweigh the specifics of the what the winnings are. 

As an existing customer this is win-win. If we're wrong, the field size drops and your EV goes up in the freeroll. If we're right, there are more players on the site for you to win money from, outside this one specific freeroll.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

39 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

This.

Everyone is getting hung up on the cumulative value of the freerolls and the fact it's less overall but to customers who have never seen the promotion before, a €1,000 freeroll is bigger than a €500 freeroll. They're unaware that it's less overall than the old promo because they never saw it so it can't be a less likely to attract new players, It can only be the same or better.

To customers that did see the old promotion at some point and didn't engage, it's either going to continue to not engage them or the €1,000 figure will get them to log in. Again, we can't do any worse than before.

For customers that only place a sports bet to get a freeroll ticket that stop because they feel it's not good value anymore, the €10 just goes on something else, either on other poker tournaments or another product. There is obviously a risk, if players are depositing just for this promo (which seems very unlikely based on the data), they stop playing. This is good news for the remaining players because the field size decreases and your personal value goes up.

To players who are just starting in poker, I'd imagine the opportunity to win a piece of a €1,000 prizepool for free will outweigh the specifics of the what the winnings are. 

As an existing customer this is win-win. If we're wrong, the field size drops and your EV goes up in the freeroll. If we're right, there are more players on the site for you to win money from, outside this one specific freeroll.

Its still less (money and chance), and its sad. When bookies (i think) should make more money "thanks" to covid and restrictions, they are all cutting down expenses, less bonus, promotion etc. Weird. But this is a good explanation, from business point of view. Agree that some kind of change was necessary, many players were in sitout mode or went full retard, FT needed for decent money, felt like the whole thing is neglected. I personally didnt like anymore, played only a handful of times last year. Lets see how are the changes, im not too excited but positive. 😁

What i would like to see is some specific betting freerolls. There are events like Handball European Championship, and Australian Open right now. Bet and get a freeroll ticket to the Australian Open freeroll, something like that. 

5 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

What i would like to see is some specific betting freerolls. There are events like Handball European Championship, and Australian Open right now. Bet and get a freeroll ticket to the Australian Open freeroll, something like that. 

This is how it's going to work going forward. ATP (Australian Open), English Premier League and Euro qualifiers are the first three. 

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

On 1/17/2022 at 10:34 AM, cris1285 said:

Its still less (money and chance), and its sad. When bookies (i think) should make more money "thanks" to covid and restrictions, they are all cutting down expenses, less bonus, promotion etc. Weird. But this is a good explanation, from business point of view. Agree that some kind of change was necessary, many players were in sitout mode or went full retard, FT needed for decent money, felt like the whole thing is neglected. I personally didnt like anymore, played only a handful of times last year. Lets see how are the changes, im not too excited but positive. 😁

I don't know where you have this from. Sure, we're now giving away less for poker to the lowest raking customers and there's not as much value to be had as a "value hunter", but that doesn't mean we're "cutting down expenses" - and neither does it mean there isn't lots of value still to chase; especially here on the community. Being smarter about the spend and spending it differently is very different to simple cost reductions 🙂 An upcoming example of this will likely be the monthly missions, which will probably be linked to your game lab level: giving more to some customers and less to others.

41 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

but that doesn't mean we're "cutting down expenses" -

Cris1285 wrote generally about bookies and sadly I agree wiht his words. Previously run a bet for the local team and earn some freebet option here. Generally it was bet 10 get 5 freebet. Currently this offers was for the handball World Championsip bet 10 get 30 free spins. You can say winning from spins are unlimited, but if you calculate the value then it was reduced from 5 to 3.

Forgot to mention the StreakR 3 days reward was also reduced from 5 freebet to 5 free spins.

Edited by psrquack

On 1/17/2022 at 9:38 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

This.

Everyone is getting hung up on the cumulative value of the freerolls and the fact it's less overall but to customers who have never seen the promotion before, a €1,000 freeroll is bigger than a €500 freeroll.

What do you think if a newbie bettor see a freeroll with 2k prize pool and 1k is coaching from it which  goes to the winner  will he happy or not?

11 hours ago, psrquack said:

What do you think if a newbie bettor see a freeroll with 2k prize pool and 1k is coaching from it which  goes to the winner  will he happy or not?

It's still €1,000 in free value, can't see why they wouldn't be happy.

If they have even the mildest interest in poker then the opportunity to get $1,000 in free training is likely to appeal to them even more. 

I didn't choose the prizes but it seems very logical to me. New poker customer tries it in Jan freeroll, likes poker, has another go in Feb freerolls, wants to get better, gets opportunity to improve their game with training package in March. Some will turn up for the first time in March, sure, but they're still getting a €1,000 GTD freeroll for doing something they'd normally do anyway, placing a €10 bet.

It's a FREEroll, why would anyone be unhappy with anything that was free? Hundreds of players play for €10 of free value each day, why would anyone not like €1,000 of value with the potential of an extra $1,000?

Poker Janitor

21 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

It's still €1,000 in free value, can't see why they wouldn't be happy.

Still it is value that they give themselves, doesn´t mean it is the value for the winner for example lack of interest/time, language barrier, no resale value etc... That is why prices usually are money or equal so winner can choose what to do with it. You want your wage as money too and not as lidl vouchers, do you?

If coaching would be price for single tournament, then it would be totally fine. Want it, join tourny. Don´t, then don´t. But when it is considered xtra value for series and if you got no use for it then you feel like you are playing less value than others...or at least my mind works that way.

12 hours ago, psrquack said:

Cris1285 wrote generally about bookies and sadly I agree wiht his words. Previously run a bet for the local team and earn some freebet option here. Generally it was bet 10 get 5 freebet. Currently this offers was for the handball World Championsip bet 10 get 30 free spins. You can say winning from spins are unlimited, but if you calculate the value then it was reduced from 5 to 3.

Forgot to mention the StreakR 3 days reward was also reduced from 5 freebet to 5 free spins.

We're really getting off topic now, but as I recall (been years since I had anything to do with freebets), a €5 freebet is very far from €5 value, as your stake isn't returned as part of the payout and thus the actual value is less than half, so the conclusion is the opposite: it's now more value than it was before 🙂 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Still it is value that they give themselves, doesn´t mean it is the value for the winner for example lack of interest/time, language barrier, no resale value etc... That is why prices usually are money or equal so winner can choose what to do with it. You want your wage as money too and not as lidl vouchers, do you?

If coaching would be price for single tournament, then it would be totally fine. Want it, join tourny. Don´t, then don´t. But when it is considered xtra value for series and if you got no use for it then you feel like you are playing less value than others...or at least my mind works that way.

Let's not start that discussion in this thread as well - you've already got another one for that 😅

16 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Still comparing working to getting something for free huh?

It's a promo code, they could sell it on if they wanted to and I think the course content is available in multiple languages and if it isn't, Google Translate would cover the text pretty well. 

"If coaching would be price for single tournament, then it would be totally fine. Want it, join tourny. Don´t, then don´t."

Nobody is being forced to either make a €10 bet or use the free ticket they'll get for making that bet so I don't really see your point as this is no different.

Poker Janitor

I´m sure you´ll get where i´m coming from if  jump out of employee position, or someone that wouldn´t mind to get that coaching, into shoes of average joe who don´t want to "make it" but after playing some poker sometimes. And i think later ones are the ones you are mainly trying to lure in with freerolls.

And what it comes for winter series, those ain´t free and coaching is part of pricepool imo.

Over and out 😄

• Like 1

We're really getting off topic now, but as I recall (been years since I had anything to do with freebets), a €5 freebet is very far from €5 value, as your stake isn't returned as part of the payout and thus the actual value is less than half, so the conclusion is the opposite: it's now more value than it was before 🙂 

We are off, and your company  is still counting freebets here as 1:1 real money, so unfortunately I can't agree with you.

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/forums/topic/30784-last-man-standing-%E2%82%AC199-to-be-won-poker-tickets-freebets/

@Andy-Unibet: please imagine you have read a promo mail about 2K freeroll(February) and after checking details you realize this is a 1+1K freeroll and you will have marginal chance for the added 1k what is not cash but service. Still think this won't leave a bad taste in the newbie bettor's mouth?

Edited by psrquack

10 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Doesn't matter whether you agree. It's simple math and not a matter of opinion 🙂