Who wants to look at my SNG stats?

WuDu

35 minutes ago, WuDu said:

So are you saying that most poker "pros" are guys without any other options, because they first and foremost have to satisfy the lower steps of the pyramid?

Nope. I'm saying once they reach the top of the pyramid by playing online, their needs will change time to time, and once they'll see the whole online poker like pixels and clicking, and no more creativ activity, they have to set up other goals to reach in life.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, after 5 and a half years playing here, Unibet is closing Poker for Germans next Tuesday. Actually it's a little bit sad for me, since I didn't play elsewhere during this time. Yes, there were (massive) flaws, however I really liked the ability to change screen names and avatars. Well, it is what it is, obviously Unibet wasn't happy taking in 4.7 % from Germans playing MTTs, but OK.

Having said that, at least we're getting Unibet Open tickets being paid out. For me this should amount to a little over 130 Euros extra. OK, nice...It feels a little like you're breaking up with your girlfriend and pay for her taxi ride home. Germans being the girlfriend here...

So how did I do since the news?

image.png.38c1ae32d470ef50b9603a900b67c1f1.png

Now isn't this ironic? Or maybe it's my newest screen name?

sanna.PNG.c620785fe026c97402a046f3ae78732a.PNG

You have to rub it for good luck! 😁

What really pisses me off is that I cannot play the 25 Euro MTTs here. In the 11-12 weeks since Unibet stopped SNGs for us, I played 145 Asteroids and Fireballs (10 Euro Freezeouts, both with 250 Euro GTD). I made 900 Euro profit from these games alone for an ROI of over 62 %. Finishing in the money 31,7 % of the time. I really would have liked to see whether I could keep similar numbers playing the Abyss and the Gargle Blaster.

Overall stats inlcuding rebuy tournaments and qualifiers (without Unibet Open):

image.png.8936f026ba04839be6b607d09f71a58d.png

But OK, it's time to look ahead and as far as I see it, betting for Germans is still enabled, so my community account should still be active. Correct, @Andy-Unibet?

I already downloaded 888 and Jokerstars to check out what they're offering for Germans. As of now, my tendency goes towards Jokerstars. Sure, @LeVsKaRa wasn't happy playing the 9 men 7s and 15s SNGs over there which is concerning, especially with the fact that I cannot change my screen-name. However I thought about what Poker intellectual @Livertool said a few weeks ago:

"Arent Fireball and Asteroids similar to multi table SNGs?"

Actually, there's some truth to it. I usually late reg with a minute left or so. If the Asteroid or Fireball doesn't blow up to 40 players, there are often around 20 players left once I start playing, with the top-5/top-6 getting paid. However due to late regging, I'm usually half a chip stack behind the last money spot and often the chipleader has 3 times as many chips as I have. 

The 18 men SNGs at Jokerstars run regularily and I already saw a German flag playing these. The first 4 guys are getting paid with 40-30-20-10 %. The rake for the 7s is lower than 10 %. So what am I missing here, could that be the niche I'm looking for? Plus, with 18 players, it should be a little tougher for others to figure out my playing style, right? In addition to that, I could even take a look at the 3,5s with little risk to my bankroll without getting killed by the rake.

Dear readers, what's your opinion? Where should I play next? What do you think, are 18 men SNGs the next step for me? 

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Some breakups aren't permanent and people manage to find their way back together. Not saying this necessarily applies here, but if there's one thing I've learned, it is that the industry is so rapidly changing that you should never say never 😉

• Haha 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

3 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Some breakups aren't permanent and people manage to find their way back together. Not saying this necessarily applies here, but if there's one thing I've learned, it is that the industry is so rapidly changing that you should never say never 😉

Are you telling the Germans that you're breaking up but you hope that we can still be friends? Brutal...😉

9 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

No account closures happening. Just turning off the ability to enter the poker client.

Is logging into the community enough to keep my Unibet account active, though? And would I be allowed to post here about Poker stuff that happens at a competing site?

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Well, sad news, but this is maybe a sign moving to Estonia for a while. Great IT sector+ Euro+Unibet licence. If I were you I would try GG poker aswell. I have a comment from a mod mentioningt no fear +other competitors combination from the beginning of the forum , but things are changing and not only into the good direction.

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Are you telling the Germans that you're breaking up but you hope that we can still be friends? Brutal...😉

Is logging into the community enough to keep my Unibet account active, though? And would I be allowed to post here about Poker stuff that happens at a competing site?

Just signing in should be sufficient.

You are allowed to mention other sites and how you're doing there. We have always drawn the line where it becomes more of an advertisement thread for a competitor. So I don't think it'll be an issue.

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

5 hours ago, psrquack said:

but things are changing and not only into the good direction.

As i see, only heading to worse all the time for both players and online operators with new regulations, taxes and payment/internet bans. Hypocrite goverments praising how great EU is but then banning inside EU business and money transfers in the name of RG.

@WuDu

Don't know what or where you should play but have you checked out that poker that replaced microgaming after they quit and if it is available for you? Runs on many sites so i think playerpool should be reasonable. Other than that don't know if it is good or bad with rake and promos.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Livertool said:

As i see, only heading to worse all the time for both players and online operators with new regulations, taxes and payment/internet bans. Hypocrite goverments praising how great EU is but then banning inside EU business and money transfers in the name of RG.

So true, remember the times when I checked the offer and almost all were eligible for me, now many of them are restricted. Currently Unibet has at least 3 separated pools (US-but only the minority states have local licences  others banning online poker and and the merge of licenced states into a common pool is under progress, EU-restricted-regulated ESP/ITA/FRA and co. and EU+others). And oft there are licenced countries in the EU+others pool+semi licenced(means no country licences, but regulation under malthese licence) so it is a nonsense following all the options.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, psrquack said:

Well, sad news, but this is maybe a sign moving to Estonia for a while. Great IT sector+ Euro+Unibet licence. If I were you I would try GG poker aswell. I have a comment from a mod mentioningt no fear +other competitors combination from the beginning of the forum , but things are changing and not only into the good direction.

I think GG poker doesn't accept Germans anymore. 

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

But to be honest here, Jokerstars still operates under these circumstances. When I played SNGs, I was paying 5 % in rake and received some "rakeback" via the loyalty program. Playing MTTs, I mostly pay 10 % in rake, which amounts to 4,7 % for Unibet with no loyalty program. You do the math here...

In addition to that, Unibet also could have given out MTT tickets to Germans. So if you want to play the Asteroid, Germans wouldn't be allowed to buy in with cash directly but would need to buy an Asteroid ticket in the ticket shop before. There, it would cost us 10,20 or so, to cover the rest of the extra tax. 

Options are there, obviously Unibet rather moves out completely. Unfortunately, that's something we have to accept here.

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Just signing in should be sufficient.

You are allowed to mention other sites and how you're doing there. We have always drawn the line where it becomes more of an advertisement thread for a competitor. So I don't think it'll be an issue.

So, since there are no MTTs to play for me at Unibet at this time, I decided to table watch some 18 men SNGs on Jokerstars. Honestly, the competition at the 7 $ level, doesn't seem overwhelming, given what I saw regarding donk-bets, all-in calls, limping and the like. The overall pace also seems pretty nice, with the final table being reached after 20 minutes.

At 6 PM, there are 10 tournaments running at the same time at the 7 $ level, meaning every 6 minutes a new one should start. So not really that much waiting time as well.

Of course, it feels a little soulless playing these. Asteroid, Fireball, Atom, Gargle Blaster, there was something about winning these for the first time! 😊 

So what am I missing? Could it really be that freaking @Livertool is the smartest guy in the room here?

5 hours ago, comanimal said:

It's you're own fault WuDu -  you were winning too much and they had to close down the whole DE market just so they could stop you from playing 😄

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47lj

Let's be honest, winning cures everything. If Unibet were to only offer Hexas for Germans, having to leave wouldn't bother me one bit. I believe playing poker is about finding a niche for yourself, a game where you have an edge and where you can step by step improve your weaknesses. I shortly played at Jokerstars before, but never with much success (if any). Is it because the competition is too strong for me over there? Maybe. But maybe I didn't play the right games before. 

With Unibet, there was some security about playing well here. And I like security. My worst downswing playing MTTs here? Maybe 10-12 buy-ins. That's nothing! With a potential move to PS, there's a lot of assuming and uncertainty right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WuDu said:

But to be honest here, Jokerstars still operates under these circumstances.

I think the difference is that stars is making money with poker with volume of players while unibet ain't. (Just a huntch, dunno numbers)

That is why i asked stubbe in q&a video how he sees the future as to me it ain't so bright with all the restrictions and regulations. If we get payment blocks like Sanna & lefties are considering, there is another loss as i am sure there is lot of finns that don't have interest to start circle money around to be able to play, especially worst/best fishes that bring money to tables. We may not have biggest player pool in numbers but i guess it notable in this pond. Not to mention what plans other countries still have. But it is what it is, time will tell. Hopefully we get licence system here or something, but not like Sweden has, better 😁

22 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Could it really be that freaking @Livertool is the smartest guy in the room here?

Close, very very close 🤫

• Like 1

@Andy-Unibet

@Stubbe-Unibet

I need your help. Today I checked my available withdrawal methods and I'm seeing that withdrawal to my regular bank account (where I withdrew to for over 5 years) is suddenly not available. Last time I did so in August

Instead you're offering 2 methods where I cannot withdraw to. Could you please look at it and let me know what's going on or at least bring that to the attention of the right person in charge? Especially considering the fact that I need to move my bankroll once you paid out the Unibet Open tickets.

Thank you

Right now, I'm only seeing Trustly (I don't do online banking) and withdrawal to CC (I ditched mine long ago). 

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, after 3 weeks total, I finally moved my funds from Unibet to my bank account and parts of my poker funds from my bank account to PS. I verified everything first, so I took a break from playing for a little over two weeks and I'm now ready to go again. So what are my plans now?

I decided to move into the 18 man SNGs at PS, starting out at the 7 $ level. I funded my PS account with 550 Euro and with 1 $ worth roughly 0,85 Euro cents, this should give me a bankroll of about 90 buy-ins. The rest of my former Unibet bankroll goes straight into my "hookers and blow"-fund. 😆

So why the 18 man SNGs? Like I mentioned before, @Livertool was right once more, these games look very similar to my favourite Unibet  MTTs (Asteroid, Fireball, Atom). And how did I perform at these 3 games?

156 total games, 1028 Euro profit, 66 % ROI, finishing in the money 32 % of the time with 8 total wins.

Looking at the Asteroid, we have 9 seats, 5 minute blinds and you're playing with 40 BBs if you late reg. The 18 man SNGs on PS have 9 seats, 5 minute blinds and 40 BBs after 10 minutes of play. So I'm hoping that these games cater to my personal strength. I'm even saving 2 % in rake... 

Over the past weeks, I also prepared a little. Adding new charts to my cheat-sheets, getting my Excel file ready, taking notes at the tables and sharkscoping my future opponents. 

I'm using the same strategy I employed for the Unibet SNGs in the end. Playing 4 tables at a time without firing up new ones once I get eliminated. This worked well at Unibet, this should also work at PS. 

There are quite a few regs playing these games, sometimes I had notes on half of the participants before the SNG even started. In addition to that, my focus at first will be to attack the 20+ multi-tablers. Stealing a few blinds here and there or winning pots postflop on "nasty" boards. Once I settled in, I might even run an evaluation on my success rate stealing from them.

Having said that, there isn't really much more room for improvement for me (maybe switching to 2 or 3 tables), it's like the BVB playing with Haaland, Reus, Reyna and Hazard up front. So it should be clear pretty soon whether or not I can beat the competition over there.

Do I expect the PS crowd to be stronger than the Unibet crowd? Yes, absolutely. However even at Unibet, I was losing money playing the Hexas and these games are not populated by brain surgeons. So my hope is that the game structure of the 18 Man SNGs works in my favour.

Well guys, wish me luck and I'm looking forward to updating this blog soon with some fresh statistics.👍   

• Like 7

• 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

After some time I would like to share some positives with you:

Inspired by the unibetcommunity's cuddliest member, @Farseer, and after watching a surpisingly good educational series on youtube, I decided to get into Omaha a little. I played some SNGs to get a feeling for Omaha, High/Low and bounties in order to then move onto MTTS. Today I played my 3rd Courchevel MTT:

image.thumb.png.74cbcb25ed09554ee4711afc598f90fb.png

Courchevel, you might ask? That's 5-card Omaha H/L with the first flop card being visible all the time. Pretty interesting game and most guys have no clue. Even I made the mistake of chasing for the low one time during my run, only to realize afterwards that I didn't even have a low draw.

giphy.gif

I cannot even imagine the cognitive issues some half drunk Finns, Brits or Canadians are running into playing this game. :classic_biggrin:

Having said that, I still went on an absolute heater towards the end, taking out half the final table in the first hand, and went into HU with something like a 5-1 chips advantage. Well, well, well:

1st place: 42,00 $

2nd place: 41,93 $

giphy.gif

Lolsy opponents and a lolsy structure, I might play that more often and see how it goes.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 6

@WuDu

Nice one, congrats 🥳

Hi/Lo games are great fun, Omaha especially when it's pot limit. No limit O8 is kinda crap, but that's just my personal take on it.

You should try out 7 card stud Hi/Lo also. Great game 👍

I've been hoping for a long time that Unibet would add O8 to the game selection, but I doubt  that's going to happen any time soon, if ever. I would be happy to be wrong about that though... 🙏

But what the hell are those payouts!!! That's like PKO prize distribution ( without the bounty part ) on a regular MTT. I don't get it at all 😕

Edited by Purps
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Purps said:

Hi/Lo games are great fun, Omaha especially when it's pot limit. No limit O8 is kinda crap, but that's just my personal take on it.

Yeah, it's funny how people always go for the low, when there's a 40 % chance or so that there's no low at all. What don't you like about NL O8?

29 minutes ago, Purps said:

You should try out 7 card stud Hi/Lo also. Great game 👍

Due to tax reasons for Germans, cash games are off limit. But I remember playing these games maybe 10 years ago. I had no clue what I was doing. Do you have any experience playing Stud MTTs?

31 minutes ago, Purps said:

But what the hell are those payouts!!! That's like PKO prize distribution ( without the bounty part ) on a regular MTT. I don't get it at all 😕

Me neither. I thought, well maybe we then play for a bounty or a tournament prize of 10 $ or so. But nope, winner of the HU gets 7 cents and the honour of winning the tournament. 3rd place received 25 $. But you can check it out yourself, it runs everyday at 0:15 GMT. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/03/2024 at 03:05, WuDu said:

Lolsy opponents and a lolsy structure, I might play that more often and see how it goes.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

image.png.79191c22ff28292c7babe546a1a4442f.png

giphy.gif

I decided to pause a little and then to start playing much tighter. Everybody limp/calls, so I limp as well. If the spit card doesn't help me at all, I'd throw away AAxxx against a raise. KKxxx is the new 72o. If I'm going for the low, I keep the pot as small as possible.

giphy.gif

image.png.5acedc27cae3f7724aed8d2e12ec94b7.png

image.thumb.png.e3422aef825e3e8286fcdcdd0afc83a1.png

2nd Courchevel win in 29 tournies, this time NLO. I like how you actually have to think a little bit playing this game. I'm now trying to gather a little more info/money on these lower levels before thinking about moving up.

• Like 3

Mon dieu!

image.thumb.png.8dfa80d9bdb05a7114040f21adef13ae.png

Quite an entertaining tournament:

• I was ahead for a brief time and comfortably made the money.
  • Then absolutely no luck getting anything and I reached the FT in 5th or 6th spot.
  • One chipleader from Romania started min-raising all the time which was OK for me as I planned to sneak into 5th place or so.
  • Somehow made it into the top-4 with 1,5 BB left. 3rd place had 1,75. Chipleader had 50.
  • I win the ensuing AI and then make a nice call with 856xx with 7 as the spit card.
  • HU with the Romanian, being down 5-50 BBs.
  • I catch him a few times and he gets nervous once the lead changes.
  • After a few lead changes I'm suddenly card lucky again and go AI with QQxxx for 5 BB and the queens hold.

giphy.gif

Incredible to see how people overvalue their low draws or their 2pairs in these games.

• Like 2