Who wants to look at my SNG stats?

WuDu

42 minutes ago, psrquack said:

@Stubbe-Unibet: I don't think the majority realizes that big wagering requirement and tbh the €1 field prefers the higher chance of 3-5 euros and the feeling they "robbed" Unibet than grinding the 1,5s for a possible big win, so you shouldn't change the payback system.

You have a point that vast majority of players won't check the game rules, but I don't think it matters in this case. If you play a shitload of games, you'll very likely check the RTP and distribution. If you don't, it doesn't really matter if it hits 1 in 10k or 100k: your chance of getting in it is tiny anyway (unless you play during JP Mania).

I agree that higher occurrence of 1.5x isn't the way to go. Would personally like to change 1.5x to 1x flip or 0x, to significantly reduce occurrence of worst multiplier and time spent in it, as well as much, much greater chance of getting 100/125x, but that's a different discussion 🙂

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Alright boyos, it's June 1st, so there's a good chance that this is the last month of SNG action at Unibet for me. So rejoice Unibet villagers, this one-man army is not going to plunder you at the tables for much longer... Having said that, I decided to test the waters at the Hexas next month and I'm already preparing my "cheat-sheets" and my "book-keeping".

Speaking of the latter, what do you think of my stats overview tab? 

image.png.1dd30019d7082e3c8a8df99a57cc703f.png

Anything you guys are missing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

10 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Looks fine to me 🙂

If you'll be blogging about HexaPro, we can help you with exports of all tournaments you play, so you don't have to keep track of wins and multipliers manually.

That sounds nice, however you guys don't have the specific data I need, e.g. how many HUs I win on table 3 or how often I reach the HU on table 1. 

Actually, keeping these Hexa stats is not so complicated, all you need is to set up a grid where you write down the multiplier (1-7) and the result. Most of the time, you then only have to count the results for 3 or 4 different multipliers and put them into the Excel spreadsheet. I think that takes 3-4 minutes tops at the end of the day...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

That sounds nice, however you guys don't have the specific data I need, e.g. how many HUs I win on table 3 or how often I reach the HU on table 1. 

Not quite sure I get this. You mean as in how tables are tiled on your screen, or what does table 3 and 1 mean in this case? We can export each SNG result with finishing position and winnings

9 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Not quite sure I get this. You mean as in how tables are tiled on your screen, or what does table 3 and 1 mean in this case? We can export each SNG result with finishing position and winnings

I'm tracking the specific results per table right now and I'm planning to do that with the Hexas as well. Right now, I'm playing in blocks of 4 tables, with the Hexas I'm going to switch to 3. At the end of March I explained my system in this blog, in case you want to check it out.

@psrquack

Actually, you're right. If I were not tracking my results per table, one could simply keep a tally. However, if I'm going to write down "W" or "L" for every table anyway, it doesn't make a difference to write down something like "A", "B" and "X".  

@WuDu:  I have changed my mind. Noticing how many chips or big bets you have appromixately in the beginning of the HU would be useful watching if you are a sheriff (needs the 1k vs 500 situation to win), a flipper (almost the same chips) or a really underdog to shine (500 vs 1k) type of player.

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

@WuDu:  I have changed my mind. Noticing how many chips or big bets you have appromixately in the beginning of the HU would be useful watching if you are a sheriff (needs the 1k vs 500 situation to win), a flipper (almost the same chips) or a really underdog to shine (500 vs 1k) type of player.

The school will have quite a lot of decent stuff on HexaPro 🙂

"{c2}Preflop call % from blinds when deep stack {c1}shows % of hands where you call before the flop from the small or big blind with effective stack >=17 big blinds.
{c2}Preflop raised All-ins vs Called All-ins {c1}shows % of hands where you were all-in for your tournaments life, that you raised all-in vs the hands where you called an all-in preflop.

Stat shows this month's result as well as last month's result.

NB! Any advice given in gamelab is generated based on your current stat. The stats will more accurately reflect your gameplay the more hands you have played."

-----
"{c2}Preflop call with an effective stack of <=10 big blinds {c1}shows how often you call in a situation where your or your opponent's stack is 10 big blinds or less.
{c2}Preflop raise with an effective stack of <=10 big blinds {c1}shows how often you raise in a situation where your or your opponent's stack is 10 big blinds or less.

NB! Any advice given in gamelab is generated based on your current stat. The stats will more accurately reflect your gameplay as you play more hands."

"{c2}Chip leader when heads up starts {c1}shows the % of time you have more chips than your opponent when reaching heads up play.
{c2}Average play time when lowest multiplier {c1}shows how many seconds of play you have on average when the game is of the lowest multiplier.

NB! Any advice given in gamelab is generated based on your current stat. The stats will more accurately reflect your gameplay as you play more hands."

------
"{c2}Win heads up {c1}shows the % of Hexapros you win after reaching heads up.
{c2}Average preflop all-in equity {c1}shows average all-in equity of the hands where you were all-in (for your tournament life) before the flop. 2 way all-ins only included in the stat. 

Then there's also the HexaPro section which will show your latest games, multiplier distribution and if you've been running bad or good with the multipliers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, psrquack said:

Writing down the chips you started the HUs with is a huge pain in the ass! Believe me, I did that for a few weeks. And there's close to no benefit of doing so. 

@Stubbe-Unibet

9 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

{c2}Chip leader when heads up starts {c1}shows the % of time you have more chips than your opponent when reaching heads up play.

Is there a chance we can get a slider here? 751 to 749 is a little bit different than 1450 to 50. Also is it possible to incorporate the results of the HUs?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, just 10 days left until Germans get excluded from SNGs, so it's time to give you a little stats update! I recently finished my second sample and I'd like to present my findings here. As before, I play 4 SNGs at the same time (Table 1-4), once a table is finished, I don't immediately start a new one. For this second sample, I played two SNG10s (Tables 1 and 2)  and two SNG4s (Tables 3 and 4) at the same time.

image.png.777905bbd68099638551a1bc6b6e3273.png

Interesting stats...First, if you look at the SNG4s, I find it remarkable how they are almost identical when it comes to the results. The ROI between these two was 17,5% compared to 16,8% I generated in Sample 1 for the tables 3 and 4. 

The situation looks a little different for the SNG10s and honestly, I'm not really happy with the results there. Something is off. Of course as in Sample 1, Table 1 is the main driver when it comes to generating profit for me. Almost 16 % at the SNG10s is pretty good, however in the previous sample I generated 30.5% on Table 1 at the SNG4 level. Table 2 just generated 4,5% ROI, simply because I reached the money in less than 45 % of the time.

So, what happened to the results of the Tables 2-4 if Table 1 was the first to close?

image.png.b623a053ccfdf1577b3c19aa52bacdb5.png

As before, this statistic only measures what happens if Table 1 is the first to end. It doesn't matter whether I won money or not or for how long I lasted during the SNG. So let's take a look at the 2nd SNG here, which produced just 4,5% ROI in the general sample. In this sub-sample of 103 SNGs, all of a sudden we're looking at 35 % ROI (+ 30 %-points) with 363 Euros in profit. The winrate went up by 7%-points and ITM went up by 12,5 %-points. The situation looks similar for table 3: ROI went up 28%-points, winrate went up by 4,5%-points and ITM by 13%-points.

This could be an indicator to reduce the amount of tables I'm playing from 4 to 3. But let's continue with more stats. What happens to the stats if the respective table finished last?

image.png.5dc6a3c85d1ed785f8b8b16f6086dab9.png

Of course, If Table 1 is the last to finish, it's fair to assume that I've reached the HU stage at that point. 29 times Table 1 finished last and my HU to non-HU rate was 23-6. So let's take a look at Table 4 exclusively. This table dropped last 109 times (43,6%) with an ROI of almost 76 %, 42 % winrate and 69 % ITM. Now of course, these stats are tilted in my favour but 76 % ROI in this sub-sample in contrast to 17 % ROI in the general sample? That's huge.

So due to these stats I decided to reduce the tables I'm playing simultaneously from 4 to 3 until the end of June. I think the evidence is too overwhelming and we have to #TrustTheScience! 😁 So the new format I'm playing will be 10-4-10. SNG10 on Table 1, SNG4 on Table 2 and SNG10 on Table 3. Table 1 has been my moneymaker all the time and putting an SNG10 in the last spot seems to be a smart move as well.

Thanks for reading and feel free to chime in if you want. 👋

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well guys, I updated my cheat-sheets and my Excel file is ready to deal with the Hexas. Thus I decided to quit the SNGs a few days earlier and switch to the Hexapros immediately. It's a little bit sad somehow to stop playing SNGs on Unibet after over 5 years 😥 but there's nothing we can do at this point. Except not playing on regulated sites...Personally, I would have liked to take another crack at the SNG25s in a few months.

So, as promised here are the results for my latest sample, where I switched to a 10-4-10 format, playing 3 tables per block. Obviously, the size of the sample is too small to draw any conclusions, however at the SNG10 level, I liked what I saw:

image.png.eff2b4a5a841f9aeba41d082a909f939.png

So after saying goodbye to the SNGs what is my strategy for the Hexas? First and foremost, I'm starting out at the 5 Euro level. I have a little less than 140 buy-ins at Unibet right now, so hopefully the lottery-payout structure is not going to break my bankroll. Second, I'm going to play in blocks of 3 Hexas at a time. In case I'm getting a multiplier of x5 or more, I'm not going to start another tournament. Profit is made at the high multiplier games, so getting distracted by another x1,5 game would be counter-productive.

I'm planning to play at least 1000-1500 games first and collect some data before then making the decision whether to continue playing them, switch to MTTs or leave Unibet completely. Unless I'm about to go broke due to being #0lucky, of course...😉

• Like 6

Wow, needing nerves of steel to play these Hexas must be an understatement! I had a winrate of 44 % and was round about 35 Euro in the hole for today! 😱 Such is life when 2/3 of all games end up x1,5. Thankfully there was some relief in the end:

image.png.b9a3c2d01714956d351948a5768f4367.png

• Like 7

...and 15 BI's in the hole again! 🤒

72% of all games were x1,5...

giphy.gif

My favourite hand today at a x5:

I'm in the BB with JJ...Call-Call-3bet to 8 BB from me-SB calls again. 

Flop: A-9-x. Oh lord, here we go. Check to me, well, well, well, OK I'll go All-in. 

SB calls with 92s. 🤯 JJ holds and I go on to win, but my oh my...

I'm now playing only 2 games at a time. The games run so fast, it's probably for the best.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

An interesting thread on your stats @WuDu  you're one of the few who actually puts any figures out there instead of "My AA got beat 10 times, it's rigged" 🤣

Hexas are certainly not for me, the normal variance of cash games drives me wild enough as it is, but if you continue this, please do, it's going to be very interesting to see some figures, you obviously put a lot into analysis. My current cash game challenge is going down in a blaze of less than glory and I wasn't going to decrease the number of tables, just to get it over with,  my mindset insists it's a backward step, but you think it makes sense and I reluctantly have to agree. 

You also see what I think is a big problem (for me anyway) at Hexas, even €5 stakes are just filled with gamblers willing to, well,  gamble I suppose. Looking forward to a significant set of stats.

It could be a bumpy ride, enjoy. 

Sam Heughan Starz GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

• Like 5

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

30 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

An interesting thread on your stats @WuDu  you're one of the few who actually puts any figures out there instead of "My AA got beat 10 times, it's rigged" 🤣

Hexas are certainly not for me, the normal variance of cash games drives me wild enough as it is, but if you continue this, please do, it's going to be very interesting to see some figures, you obviously put a lot into analysis. My current cash game challenge is going down in a blaze of less than glory and I wasn't going to decrease the number of tables, just to get it over with,  my mindset insists it's a backward step, but you think it makes sense and I reluctantly have to agree. 

You also see what I think is a big problem (for me anyway) at Hexas, even €5 stakes are just filled with gamblers willing to, well,  gamble I suppose. Looking forward to a significant set of stats.

It could be a bumpy ride, enjoy. 

Interesting thoughts on your part and I would advise you to generally reduce tables. I never would have thought that the impact of doing so would be as big as it is. At least for me...Think of it that way: Getting better at poker means increasing your profit/decreasing your losses, not increasing your turnover. If you play too many tables and you lose money on these added tables, more turnover will lead to less total profit, not more. 

Hexas aren't for me as well, however what can we do at this point? German lawmakers are forcing German players into these kind of games. At least it's very close to regular SNGs.

The problem with the Hexas is that the lottery payouts completely distort a player's ability to assess his own capabilities. Usually your results depend on your strength as a player, your opponents and the cards you have been dealt:

You>Opponents AND good cards---> Profit

You>Opponents AND bad cards---> It depends.

You<Opponents AND good cards---> It depends.

You<Opponents AND bad cards---> Losses.

That's 4 different scenarios for regular SNGs. With Hexas, you also need good payouts to win money, so we have 8 different scenarios and only if 

You>Opponents AND good cards AND high multipliers---> Extreme Profit. That's why the swings are so extreme and make it tough to figure out whether you're playing well or not if you don't keep stats on your own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sparrow473 said:

Hey, @WuDu can I ask you why did you get that ban not so long ago?

I ask it because I'm on the right path to get one as I feel right, just because asking the right questions from the staff...

I was being mean to some community member who doesn't post that much here anymore...😜 

image.png.9c55a5cb680c3d109d6f4ac85e875db1.png

Seems like they added warning points before they're swinging the ban-hammer now. So @Sparrow473, if you're still at 0, you're good to go.

Well guys, I think 3 days is enough for me, I can absolutely not stand these Hexabingos. I mean, once you put someone all-in with KK and get beaten by T4o in a high multiplier, that should be it. All in all I'm down 100 Euro over three days playing the 5s and the 2s. Das not it mane. Looking at my stats, I cannot even fault the multipliers:

My overall winrate at the 5s was 32,5 % and at the 2s 31 %. Break even is 36 % and 10 % ROI is 40 %. I know, sample size yada yada yada, but to me the Hexas are a rake trape for lottery players. Fine for them, but I'm out.

So the final option here would be playing MTTs, can you guys give me a rundown of the schedule at the 2, 5 and 10 Euro levels? At first glance, the schedule looks pretty bad for recreational players, so maybe you guys can point me towards some tournaments.

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear it's not gone well. To be honest it's what I expected, I have seen no threads from anyone claiming to be a winning player at Hexanonos, it surely is just a pure gambling game with very few managing to get anything reasonable from it. 

I think the schedule is quite poor for recs, you need a triple bank roll with all the lat registration regs rebuying multi times, and add ons increasing the costs. Although I have asked before still no one has answered why we can't have a few straightforward freeze outs playing for whatevers in the pot. Good luck making a decent schedule. 🙄There might be three a night I'd play with start times spread out over 6 hours, no thank you. 💤

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Sorry to hear it's not gone well. To be honest it's what I expected, I have seen no threads from anyone claiming to be a winning player at Hexanonos, it surely is just a pure gambling game with very few managing to get anything reasonable from it. 

I think the schedule is quite poor for recs, you need a triple bank roll with all the lat registration regs rebuying multi times, and add ons increasing the costs. Although I have asked before still no one has answered why we can't have a few straightforward freeze outs playing for whatevers in the pot. Good luck making a decent schedule. 🙄There might be three a night I'd play with start times spread out over 6 hours, no thank you. 💤

No need to be sorry, sometimes you have to try some new things and sometimes you simply don't like what you see....No need to drag this out any further and damage my bankroll completely. Especially since I had nice results in the past playing MTTs "on the side" here.

Actually, I agree with you @GR1ZZL3R, some freezeouts without late reg would be nice but since I show up late anyway, I would play nearly everything except Omaha and bounties to get a little bit of volume in: Late reg, Rebuy+Addon, qualifiers, freezeout...I don't like to play rebuys, however if you late reg and buy the addon, it's very similar to just some regular tournament. 

The problem is, the schedule for 2-5-10 Euro tournaments is pretty bad here, some of the best games happen after midnight (Fireball, Singularity) and the 5 Euro Gargle Blaster takes place at 7 AM. 😜 It would also be nice if there were some more generic qualifiers in that range. All I see is Supermoon and UO. But maybe @Leo-Unibet is on it, since there must be some Germans left that would like to play as well...#BringBack5EuroDeepSpaceFireball #BringBack4EuroStepItUps

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

They are pretty stubborn with 1.5x instead of 2 in hexas. As far as i see that makes big difference grinding them.

Actually, I don't believe that this is the issue here. Whether x2 or x1,5 you lose money there anyway. You win that money back at these huge multipliers, but yeah this format is not for me.

I'm checking out the MTT schedule now. I'm wondering what the other Germans posting here are planning to do. Do they stay, do they split the MTTs with other poker sites? 

• Like 2