Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

uotix.PNG

Well guys, I have exchanged all my tikiets and now I am forced to take a break from playing the UO satellites until next March or so. Solid plan from the guys in charge at Unibet, discouraging a part of its player base from playing. Thumbs Up But what do I know...?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
God Emperor Trump
Unibet Poker Expert Patric-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

Hi @WuDu,

I don't really understand your post? Why are you forced to take a break until March next year?

Thanks

0 Likes
WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

@Patric-Unibet

Under the old exchange rules, I would simply continue playing the UO50s as a more or less regular habit. I like those games and it's always fun to see some of the regulars there, even if they don't know who I am. Once I had enough tickets as a back-up, I would take stabs at the 250s (depending on my mood, the time of year and the location). I mean there's really no need for 30+ UO50 tickets in my account.

With the new rules (no exchanges and no extensions, players have to take the package they qualify for), I first have to see where the next Unibet Open takes place. I'm not really interested in travelling to London or Copenhagen in the winter. Maybe you have a great location in May, maybe there's a better one in the late summer or maybe the November tournament is interesting. By continuing to play now, I would simply rob myself of options. With maybe 5 UO250s in the bag, I have a 45 % chance of qualifying for a package, so I have to make the most out of this realistic opportunity before my UO bankroll melts away and I cannot qualify for the UO anymore.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
God Emperor Trump
tableNOpopZZ Rank 10
Rank 10

But he doesn't understand.

0 Likes
Sect7G Rank 16
Rank 16

I posted this in another thread about the topic and my conclusions are that this is going to be at best neutral for Unibet.  The decline in UO participation isn't due to exchangers.... sure people will rinse and recycle which doesn't help the 250's but adventually they are going to play in the final.  But on the flip side there are regs like @WuDu who will just stop playing.  This from an ecology standpoint helps as I assume he's a "winning player" and recs have a better chance of moving up the sat tree... but he does provide rake and he does prevent overlays.

The real problem isn't the ticket exchange but the poor offerings in terms of satellites to the 250.  The 50eu on Sunday (I'm sure the most popular) starts at the same time as the UO250.  Winners of the 50 are being asked to late reg 1.5 hours into the 250 which turns off a lot of people.  The 10euro multibuy should be flipped to a rebuy.... and speaking of rebuys they aren't being utilized nearly enough.  The rake on them was done perfectly so the issue is their lack of abundancy.

Sub sats on Sundays should be done based on conceivable end times in relation to the next branch up the ladders start time.  Furthermore the "winning tickets" formula should be balanced off with other offerings where the winners get entered into the target tourney during late reg like other sites do.

WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

@Sect7G

I was a winner at the UO2s and UO10s since I built up my UO bankroll from a UO4 ticket, however I haven't played there since "forever". Obviously that didn't help the poker ecology at those levels too much...

"This is going to be at best neutral for Unibet." That's a statement I can fully get behind.The whole strategy reminds me of a government sending additional police into a high crime city, to get that area under control. Only to realize that now police presence is missing in other parts of the county/state, shifting crime to those parts. The root of the problem isn't being dealt with, the overall outcome is going to be at best neutral.

God Emperor Trump
WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

sinaia.PNG

Really great value for players wanting to travel to Wallachia. However call me crazy, I'm not seeing the influx of hoarded tickets so far... Similar situation for the 50->250 Euro UO turbo earlier today. Unibet is now guaranteeing 2 tickets, yet only 10 guys played the game.

God Emperor Trump
nekoneko Rank 15
Rank 15

Sad to see this go.  And i guess there will be less and less players in the UO satties in the future.

WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

UO.PNG

The UO50 today. I still don't see the increase in participating players, especially considering the fact that you're now giving away 100*UO10 tickets during Monday's betting freeroll. Maybe it's because some regs are missing now...???

God Emperor Trump
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

@WuDu: They gave away 100 tickets. Let's say 90% of the tickets were already used. From those 90 tickets 25 could make the next step and others lost it or won the ticket back. From  those 25 tickets 6 could make the final round. Some of those players didn't play their tickets yet, so we can calculate with 2-3 more players from those betting freerolls in the finals. Not so much.