Jump to content

Offensive Username


PretzelMonies
 Share

Recommended Posts


@Eldred wrote:

Fine, so people may use any user name, however offensive it may be to anyone (and judging by you post racism is ok too)? Most people gladly moved on from the “it’s ok to be as offensive as you like cos hey, any free speech is good” sh1t decades ago. Believe it or not most people come here to play cards and would prefer to do so without having to cringe at some retard’s attempt at bad taste or offensive humour. I believe Unibet do have some rules preventing this and rely on the players to highlight issues, if it bothers you so much perhaps you can find a poker site that allows all manner of racism, homophobia, sexism etc (but I think you will struggle!)


Where are you from? Sweden or the UK? :laugh: I cannot believe someone really tries to make a point with the old "get with the times, we're living in [insert the current year], don't be so racist, homophobic, sexist"-gibberish, but well, here we are and I'm replying to it. By the way, you forgot transphobic, xenophobic and islamophobic, be a little more inclusive, bro...

This is not an issue of free speech as Unibet can block whatever they want, however the policy here (on the community and in the poker client) was always to keep the worst cuss words and insults out and let the users express themselves freely. I think that's OK and a good policy. What some guys are then doing, and this includes you, is to push the boundary even further and complain about stuff you personally don't like. 

And now comes the point: Your personal emotions are not the benchmark for acceptable behaviour. Poker is entertainment for adults, not for kindergarten kids. So of course, people should be allowed to express themselves in a different way as well without someone trying to nanny them. You think someone made a bad joke? Well, someone else might find it incredibly funny! That's the beauty of a pluralistic player pool. I assume you pride yourself on being a tolerant person, so instead of enduring an alias you don't like, you scream for censorship? That's preposterous.  

  • Like 6
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cure.PNG.66589f50f65eda1267d85ee1b6980704.PNG

 Obviously, this is an alias Unibet doesn't agree with and a message it doesn't want to spread. Sad!

 

 

  • Like 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Patric-Unibet wrote:

Hi @EsaPerse,

I have blacklisted *aids* in general now, so it can't be used in any alias.

Thanks for reporting


That's pretty amazing. As a Finn, kinda find it hilarious, that a something that is not a curse word, gets banned because of suggestion from a guy who's own forum alias actually is, and cannot be used in the client.

Well done :laugh::laugh:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

*Sigh*
Well, first of all, I do apologize for replying to first time poster here with sarcastic manner. Gotten used to fellow countrymen's sense of irony, and somehow assumed it was the case this time too. Honestly, thought that was just some guy trolling the thread :happyshy:  Sorry, and welcome aboard man. My bad. 👍 

Although I can't see the possible hillbilly(?:wonder:) reference as insult, I'm glad you didn't state that I'm from Turku or something like that. Very nice from you. That would have striked so deep..lol 😉 (I'm born and raised in Helsinki, in case it matters so much. And no, haven't been behind any of these aliases mentioned here.

But the actual point was, that some lovers of ladies open water swimming for example, can't show their support to their favourite team as much anymore, or play with their name here, in case they are in it :Sad:
See where this is going? Can't even imagine the list of things in the future, that are banned from aliases because some code of mental destruction (wrong letters in a row) is found in them #feelsreallybadman
But not going to continue this any further, it's pointless to waste time on this. Have a great day,yall!
*yeehaw!*

nomermaids.png.080636e443d2cd0db6e87871c74a57a2.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

@Rushbie wrote:

A child tried to create an alias. Still doesn't understand why it wasn't accepted. Could anyone tell why some words are banned and some are not?

censorstrikes.PNG.f58d880f187884e3b4af1b04bb5940db.PNG


We've had similar before @Rushbie, anything that includes a i  d s in a row seems barred.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@GR1ZZL3R wrote:


@comanimal wrote:

1280584188_offensiveusername.png.dc975d48420cc82326b84038b44107e0.png


 

I've seen that regularly, @comanimal and wasn't sure whether to report it but it does make me feel slightly uncomfortable, there really isn't any need for it.


Now even blanks are offensive? Poor snowflakes here getting PTSD from playing at the tables...:laugh:

  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@WuDu wrote:


@GR1ZZL3R wrote:


@comanimal wrote:

252323967_offensiveusername.png.4f171f0dd11c753fa242fcf44ed17d75.png


 

I've seen that regularly, @comanimal and wasn't sure whether to report it but it does make me feel slightly uncomfortable, there really isn't any need for it.


Now even blanks are offensive? Poor snowflakes here getting PTSD from playing at the tables...:laugh:


Well, personally, I couldn’t care less about other people’s nicknames (that’s why I never report anything in this thread). But I understand why some players – especially women in this case – might find this alias unnecessarily offensive.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@GamesDean wrote:



Well, personally, I couldn’t care less about other people’s nicknames (that’s why I never report anything in this thread). But I understand why some players – especially women in this case – might find this alias unnecessarily offensive.


 

@GamesDean

Now that's some master level grandstanding on your part...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@WuDu wrote:


@GamesDean wrote:



Well, personally, I couldn’t care less about other people’s nicknames (that’s why I never report anything in this thread). But I understand why some players – especially women in this case – might find this alias unnecessarily offensive.


@GamesDean

Now that's some master level grandstanding on your part...


I don’t understand your point. It’s uncontroversial that someone found the alias offensive – that’s why it was posted in this thread. Unibet takes a clear stance to remove offensive usernames. What harm is done if they follow through with their stance and remove offensive nicknames?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@GamesDean wrote:


@WuDu wrote:


@GamesDean wrote:



Well, personally, I couldn’t care less about other people’s nicknames (that’s why I never report anything in this thread). But I understand why some players – especially women in this case – might find this alias unnecessarily offensive.


@GamesDean

Now that's some master level grandstanding on your part...


I don’t understand your point. It’s uncontroversial that someone found the alias offensive – that’s why it was posted in this thread. Unibet takes a clear stance to remove offensive usernames. What harm is done if they follow through with their stance and remove offensive nicknames?


You explictly stated that women might find this alias offensive, despite not one woman complaining, potentially implying that a) those aliases are worse than the regular "offensive" ones and b) the women playing at Unibet need a strong man to do the complaining for them. That's grandstanding...

 

  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@WuDu wrote:


@GamesDean wrote:



I don’t understand your point. It’s uncontroversial that someone found the alias offensive – that’s why it was posted in this thread. Unibet takes a clear stance to remove offensive usernames. What harm is done if they follow through with their stance and remove offensive nicknames?


You explictly stated that women might find this alias offensive, despite not one woman complaining, potentially implying that a) those aliases are worse than the regular "offensive" ones and b) the women playing at Unibet need a strong man to do the complaining for them. That's grandstanding...


Said alias literally has the letters c, n and t in it. I’m sure you can connect the dots why I think women might be more likely to feel offended by it. Also – when and where did I stated explicitly that I’m a strong man? I might be a woman. Spoiler: I’m not. Actually, I’m a weak man – if we talk about strength in a physical sense, that is. Btw, I never implied a), I just reacted to your snowflakes post because I genuinely couldn’t understand why you could be offended by the decision to ban said username.

Not everyone who doesn’t agree with you, is a SJW. Sometimes, people just don’t agree with you. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is astonishing to me how does Wudu reach to the conclusion that GamesDean is implying that "the women playing at Unibet need a strong man to do the complaining for them"  simply by saying that "some players – especially women in this case – might find this alias unnecessarily offensive".  How does A become B? I don't see it. You are overreaching just to make an argument you wanted to make anyway. 

Are you a troll for real, Wudu?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...