Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Bild reports that Hertha is likely to kick out Ante Covic and replace him with..

Jürgen Klinsmann! :speechless: The perfect storm keeps on brewing against the BVB on Saturday. Klinsi is a ❤️♥️❤️ty head coach, but pretty good at motivating his guys. Long term solution is Niko Kovac who would be a perfect fit for Hertha in my mind.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Don't worry WuDu, I backed Dortmund in Barcelona, what means they will lose to 3-1 and will also back Hertha so BVB will win.

„Die Alternative waere es gewesen, n-a-ch dem drittbesten Punktergebnis in der Vereinsgeschichte, n-a-ch 21 Spieltagen als Tabellenfuehrer, ein ambitionsloser Klub z-u werden. D-o-ch wir bleiben ambitioniert!“

Klinsmann can't stop the BVB Chooo-chooo train.

@psrquack wrote:

Don't worry WuDu, I backed Dortmund in Barcelona, what means they will lose to 3-1 and will also back Hertha so BVB will win.

„Die Alternative waere es gewesen, n-a-ch dem drittbesten Punktergebnis in der Vereinsgeschichte, n-a-ch 21 Spieltagen als Tabellenfuehrer, ein ambitionsloser Klub z-u werden. D-o-ch wir bleiben ambitioniert!“

Klinsmann can't stop the BVB Chooo-chooo train.

Watzke likes to hear himself talk, I'm not even listening to him anymore. At a certain point the guys calling the shots should also take a long look in the mirror: Watzke, Zorc, Sammer and Kehl. They're excellent when it comes to running a business (Watzke and Zorc) ´, however some of their pure football decisions have been head-scratchers lately.

Tomorrow it's BVB vs Barca, I'm watching but I'm not really excited. Now I know how @Stubbe-Unibet feels week after week. :teardrop: If I see Weigl, Akanji and Piszczek playing in the 4-2-3-1 again, I think I'm losing it...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@psrquack wrote:

My €5 freebet from other company went on Dortmund to win. 6.00 would be a nice catch.

R.I.P to your freebet!

EKZod_nX0AAt5Pf

At least Favre is playing his best buddies one last time!

Bürki

Piszczek- Akanji- Hummels- Schulz

Witsel-Weigl

Hakimi-Reus-Guerreiro

Brandt

:Veryangry:

On the bench: Sancho, Zagadou, Götze, Hazard. :Laugh:

It's like the Seinfeld episode when George wants to be fired by the Yankees.

• Like 4

@WuDu wrote:

It's like the Seinfeld episode when George wants to be fired by the Yankees.

Favre showing up to the game in a Schalke jersey would be the only thing that could make this situation even worse!

I guess we're trying to park the bus today with Hakimi and Guerreiro focussing on shutting down the wings and Brandt not even trying to play forward. I could see something like a 4-4-2-0 system. 😠

Btw @psrquack, Hertha kicked out Covic today and replaced him with Klinsmann.

FlippantEmptyHorsefly-small

• Like 1

Is #14 Schulz playing left wing for us today? He's always positioned ahead of Guerreiro. Favre is going for the 0-0.

Hummels has now been infected by Akanji as well! OK, time to rest for Berlin now, at least this would get us rid of Favre.

Last 4 games of the BVB:

Falling behind 0-2 to Inter Mailand.

Falling behind 0-4 to Bayern München.

Falling behind 0-3 to Paderborn.

Falling behind 0-3 to Barca.

Sancho is running hot! Too bad, Favre left him out in the first half...

Seems like Favre is staying! 😠 The leadership of this club is such a joke!

Before the Bayern game: "We want to see our players finally play like men again!" Result is known.

Before Paderborn: "We have to respect them, but we have to win, so much is clear." Result is known.

Before Barca: "In order for Favre to stay, the team has to show a reaction and play much better!" Result is known.

Hertha +0,5 is now down to 2,02 at Unibet. Like I said for a long time, the perfect storm had time to brew and now everything is going against the BVB: Travel issues, Favre still in charge, Hertha changed its head coach, BVB having problems on the road, BVB having problems in Berlin in the past. We'll see how it goes, but I don't see us winning on Saturday.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Guess Favre will stay till the xmas break. And with some good results, perhaps even longer 🤣 (one can only hope :D)

giphy

If you take out the game against Magdeburg in the German cup, Peter Bosz had 12 games in a row without a win before he was fired....Just pick up Roger Schmidt and hope for the best, it cannot get anyworse than it's right now. 

@Livertool wrote:

Or they follow footsteps of ManU and go for Henry :wow:

I think the real quality coaches have had the opportunity  at the majority of teams and now it's time to build up some fresh minds. Is there any great coach available who deserves a bench? Well, not. Who can repleace Emery? Moyes? Sheringham? Rangnick? Blanc? Allegri? The same names again and again. It's time to give coaches outside the inner circle a chance.

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

Or they follow footsteps of ManU and go for Henry :wow:

I think the real quality coaches have had the opportunity  at the majority of teams and now it's time to build up some fresh minds. Is there any great coach available who deserves a bench? Well, not. Who can repleace Emery? Moyes? Sheringham? Rangnick? Blanc? Allegri? The same names again and again. It's time to give coaches outside the inner circle a chance.

Yeah. But teams usually go for "safe" option and choose someone that has done good/decent job in the past. Depends also what kind of football do you want your team to play and how well it matches your current team. I would go for some reliable old horse for the rest of the season and start scouting next season manager. Maybe someone like ten Hag would be up for that challenge :)

Farke from Norwich, who coached BVB II up until a few years ago, is rumoured to be on the radar. However right now, they want to keep on working with Favre! Tomorrow it's Favre vs Klinsmann and I really have to consider whether or not to watch the game. However there are good news: Weigl didn't make the trip to Berlin, along with Delaney, Alcacer and Bruun Larsen. That means, we only have two of our defensive midfielders available: Witsel and Dahoud.

Dahoud has shown absolutely nothing, he even received the dreaded "6" grade from kicker for his "performance" against Paderborn. So maybe Favre changes his lineup, either switching to a 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3. Or he finally brings on our young players like Raschl (DM), Balerdi, Zagadou or Morey (RB).

If I check the lineups tomorrow and see Akanji and Dahoud playing in the 4-2-3-1, I know, I'm getting trolled and probably switch off right away...:laugh:

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

Berlin will miss the number 1 goallie and have a coach who likes play offensive but this time he won't have the required quality of players, so you won't need more defencemen. Unfortunately odds dropped to 1,76, so betting on BVB isn't +EV anymore.

Klinsmann also didn't have great players with Germany 15 years ago, he still managed to motivate these bums back in the day! To me, it depends on the lineup, maybe Favre is really coaching for his job now and thinks: "❤️♥️❤️ it! I'm playing Raschl, Zagadou and Morey tomorrow!" Or he changes the system, because honestly, we don't have the personnel for his beloved 4-2-3-1 anymore. Go all out on offense, let our guys ball and hope we score more goals than Berlin! 4-3 is still better than 0-1.

• Like 1