Poker release notes 3.23 (Banzai 2.0)

Stubbe-Unibet

8 minutes ago, Tom Siddle said:

I was in a sick game on desktop and needed the toilet and had to switch to phone logs me out then back in, and was forced to play on the toilet.

The 90s has to be be changed to 3 or 4 minutes I think it’s pretty stupid tbh.

I had the same issue, decent game and stack in B50, have to switch to my phone so I can manage to lose €100 while having a piss just so I dont lose my stack. The 90s is pretty silly. 

8 hours ago, Wizard said:

IDK if this is deliberate but all the 'health bars' above the avatars that will display the equity dont seem to be working. They just display no health on all the allins.

@Phlo23 and @ValueHeavy probably figured out when this one happens. We'll test it next week.

If you open a table from another game type, before opening the banzai table, it'll be bugged. 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

36 minutes ago, Ashenfaced said:

Just want to chime in, I know its been mentioned before... I really think it's absurd that you can play for 1h, build up a good stack, play someone HU for a bit, then he leaves, table closes, rebuy to a different table for 10bb...

Yes I think all this is making the games shallower stacked, and less big pots/action.

plus a bit tilting if erryone leaves and you lose your stack 

7 hours ago, Tom Siddle said:

Yes I think all this is making the games shallower stacked, and less big pots/action.

plus a bit tilting if erryone leaves and you lose your stack 

Yes, compared to stacks not being table specific, current mechanics make stacks more shallow. This and limited ratholing being allowed of course but think we already covered that part 🙂

Me personally, yes, by a mile. The gamified element of becoming the sensei is fun, but if you lose it by the table breaking its very frustrating - happened to me a few times now. Its very painful going from playing relatively deep to having to spin up a stack and starting from the ground floor again, it also resets all your progress on the levels. How it worked in Banzai 1.0 made more sense in my opinion, and that was also without the gamified elements that losing your stack really hurts.

Battling to become top dog in the dojo and sitting there with a big stack, ready to take on all challengers is great fun... only to then have it ironically taken away if you successfully beat all challengers. Also means its partially down to luck (outside of the obvious luck of poker lol) who can get a big stack without their table breaking - if there are promotions later regarding getting the biggest stack of the day/week etc this would be really damaging. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashenfaced said:

Also, do you ever sleep? 😆 As a degenerate poker player it makes sense for me to post on forums at 2am, but for an employee its a bit above and beyond the call of duty !

😅😅😅

3am here 😄 6 months old kid doing his best to make sure sleep is limited 😅

7 minutes ago, Ashenfaced said:

Me personally, yes, by a mile. The gamified element of becoming the sensei is fun, but if you lose it by the table breaking its very frustrating - happened to me a few times now. Its very painful going from playing relatively deep to having to spin up a stack and starting from the ground floor again, it also resets all your progress on the levels. How it worked in Banzai 1.0 made more sense in my opinion, and that was also without the gamified elements that losing your stack really hurts.

Battling to become top dog in the dojo and sitting there with a big stack, ready to take on all challengers is great fun... only to then have it ironically taken away if you successfully beat all challengers. Also means its partially down to luck (outside of the obvious luck of poker lol) who can get a big stack without their table breaking - if there are promotions later regarding getting the biggest stack of the day/week etc this would be really damaging. 

Interesting. I understand what you are saying of course, but I thought the downside would be greater with the weird dynamics created. Say you sit at a table for 30 min, you build the biggest stack and become the table bully. Then suddenly another player with 2x your stack sits down and has position on you.

2 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Interesting. I understand what you are saying of course, but I thought the downside would be greater with the weird dynamics created. Say you sit at a table for 30 min, you build the biggest stack and become the table bully. Then suddenly another player with 2x your stack sits down and has position on you.

That is a good point about the dynamics, admittedly something I hadn't considered... but I don't think it outweighs the issues I brought up, esp regarding if being sensei is meaningful for promotions. I'm glad you are considering it and thank you for how you've been listening to feedback and your responses. 

Congratulations on the kid!

• Thanks 1

I'll try and recap the most recent feedback in the thread. As it's from just a few players, I'd love to hear what others think:

• 90 seconds kicking is too aggressive. Not possible to go to the bathroom/take a quick break and remaining seated
    • This is intentional, and I don't see the no break thing as an issue (it's preferable to players sitting out for a long time and game is designed with mobile players in mind). If we ignore development complexity, there might be a compromise here. Perhaps we could do two different rules.
      • Sitting out with 0 balance. Kick player after 90 seconds. The reason behind the 90s is that we believe it's sufficient for player to make a deposit on site and return to table.
      • Sitting out with 0-30bb. When stack isn't bigger, I don't see much harm in kicking after the 90s either.
      • Sitting out with +30bb. Here we could perhaps be a bit more lenient. As I understand it, the main issue you have with the 90s rule is the next bullet point below, so I wouldn't increase the time significantly (again, we really don't want players sitting out in a fast 5 handed format). 150s could perhaps be the compromise here. Two and a half minutes should be enough for a very quick bathroom break.
  • Losing your stack - when for instance not making it back within the 90 seconds (and then getting sat at another table) or table just closing due to lack of players - is not a great fit with the Sensei aspect or game in general. The fun happens when big stacks are battle it out against each other and this does not happen as often with the new rules.
    • Again, ignoring development complexity and the fact that it will create some weird dynamics with stacks not being table specific: the obvious solution would be to have biggest stack loaded at table, regardless of where it originates from. So if you have left table C with 300bb and return to play again 5 minutes later (there would have to be a time limit of say an hour) with all seats at table C being occupied or table having closed, you would be seated at table B with the 300bb. Should perhaps make it clear I'm not convinced this would be better for the game as a whole.
  • The last one is the 5 times players are allowed to rathole per day - all the three bullet points here really tie together. Feedback is that no ratholing at all should be allowed, as it's frustrating to see players move money off the table, even if it only happens once.
    • If we solve the previous two bullet points, I honestly don't think this is relevant anymore. Allowing players to reset their stack a few times a day, so that they play with a stack they're comfortable with, that is a good thing for the game. The alternative to a stack reset is not always that the player remains seated at the table - the alternative will often be that player leaves the table and perhaps return later when the time limit for stack saving has been reached (or just plays a table less/opens another table instead).

Is that a fair recap and what do you think about the above? Again, I don't know what is technically feasible here, but I can discuss it with Relax on Monday

Regarding screen names/aliases. We can most likely add more in January, but I'd need to finalize a list soon, so please submit your ideas by latest Monday 🙂

Max 12 characters, should be first and last name to fit the rest and should ideally be fighting/Banzai themed

Below some suggestions from @Wizard and @Groggy from earlier in the thread. 

Muhamed Allin

Check Norris

Jackie Jam

Donkey Yen

Jose Allin

Tilto Ortiz

James Scary

Sugar Raise

Tony Jaam

Penny McLean

Andrew Rumble

Ike Smackston

Stanley Choke

Feel Ivey

Gazzy Beats

Dodge Poke

Vicki Floorem

Loosey Liu

Nitola Adams

Andrea Lead

Alex Floatez

-------

Tracy Chapman- Tracy Chopman

Harry Potter - Harry Pot-it

Kit Harrington- Nit Harrington

Jon Snow- Jon Snowroll

Joan Rivers- Joan Rivers-you

Phil Collins- Phil-house Collins

Tim Mcgraw- Tim Mcdraw

Andriy Shevchenko- Andriy Shovechenko

Shia Labeouf- Shia Labluff

Brendan Fraser- Brendan Raiser

Joe Biden- Joe Biden my time

Robert Downey JR- Robert Dealer JR

-------

Al Pacino- All in Pacino

Kevin Hart- Kevin of Harts 

Justin Bieber- Justin Bigbet

Michael Buble- Michael Bubble

Natalie Portman- No Limit Portman

Jude Law- Jude Nut-Low

Kate Winslet- Kate Winsalot

Amanda Bynes- Amanda Buyins

Bradley Cooper- Bradley Scooper

Matt le Blanc- Matt le Bank

Jack Black- Jackpot Black

Helena Bonham Carter- Helena Bankroll Carter

Hilary Duff- Hilary Bluff

Peter Dinklage- Peter Donklage

Alvin and The Chipmunks- Alvin and the ChipLead

Another recap attempt. This time of all feedback that wasn't mentioned just above and stuff that multiple members have mentioned. There's A LOT - love to see it! - of stuff in the thread, so if you feel I've forgotten something - probably have - then please do let me know.

• Would be nice with a permanent leaderboard in client for things like most hands played as Sensei or biggest stack (per stake) achieved. The current elements with game lab, belts and Sensei are a nice touch but it's quite short-term. A highscore leaderboard to achieve longer-lasting bragging rights would fit very well with the existing mechanics.
    • As mentioned earlier, I think the issue here is a lack of a Unibet identity. We would need to first develop a leaderboard alias which is players identity/name in all leaderboards, game lab and also this highscore/leaderboard for Banzai.
  • Perhaps the most frequently mentioned point (I did expect that on here) has been the lack of monetary rewards tied to the level and/or Sensei state.
    • Let's wait and see how the game does the next month. If things go really well I'm personally open towards developing something for Sensei state and/or black belt. To me, one of the more obvious ones would be to use the previously mentioned highscore/leaderboard for Sensei state or biggest stack - if we had both daily and all-time, there could be a prize on top for the daily highscore(s). Also thought about a rake rebate for Sensei but that's probably too complex development to make sense.
  • VS screen and level up animations are nice but feel like they're missing sound effects to further enhance the feeling of excitement
    • This might come already next release
  • Lots of love for the new visuals! The NL5 table background not getting as much love as the rest however
  • Belt and avatar level up not obvious enough. Few probably know their karate belts and the avatar differences are too subtle, so it's hard to tell what level a player is. It was for instance suggested to add a small number on avatar to make it immediately obvious. Another suggestion was to change the avatars to make the differences bigger.
    • Agree with this but at the same time it's also something you quickly figure out/learn after playing a bit and levelling up yourself. So it would mostly be an improvement for new/very casual players.

What did I miss? Time for a nap 😴 now but will have a look at thread again later today most likely.

Nap can wait. Started looking at the numbers and happy to let you know that we've already beat multiple all-time highs for Banzai. I know some of you feel sick when the word rake is mentioned, so I'll skip talking about that 😄

Even without the mobile apps working the first two days, we saw a 62% - no, that's not a typo - increase in unique players playing Banzai. The Banzai Bonanza day has always been great for the game and yesterday was no exception. Compared to previous three Fridays, we saw an increase of 68% in unique players. Yesterday also brought several all-time highs (unique players was one) for the format. 
Number of hands first two days almost increased with the same percentage as unique players and yesterday was an all-time high in dealt Banzai hands.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Samba said:

If you think any of the pros ITT actually care about being a sensei then lol.

I have no such illusion, as made clear earlier in the thread 🙂

Also think I've made it quite clear I am skeptical about changing any of the three aspects in that post (90s rule, rathole rules and way stacks are handled) - if not, I'm making that clear now.

• Like 1

Some excellent feedback above, and acknowledgements. 

Regarding the game play I feel players shouldn't be levelling up just by going all in when uncontested. I know development is complicated but I'm thinking along these lines, probably similar to some suggestions. 

•   A small stack beating a larger stack ought to be rewarded better, so beating any larger stack say 3 times raises your belt level.
  • A large stack losing to any smaller stack 3 times could lose a belt level.
  • Any stack beating the sensei say 3 times could level up, maybe 2 levels.
  • Losing to the sensei could lower your level.
  • Becoming table leader could level you up wherever your bar was at the time.
  • Losing the table chip lead could lower your level.   

These are probably development heavy but I think they would add to the whole levelling up and down effect, going up faster by beating those higher ranked and maybe going down or taking longer to rise when losing to lower ranked combatants.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Regarding screen names/aliases. We can most likely add more in January, but I'd need to finalize a list soon, so please submit your ideas by latest Monday 🙂

Max 12 characters, should be first and last name to fit the rest and should ideally be fighting/Banzai themed

Below some suggestions from @Wizard and @Groggy from earlier in the thread. 

Muhamed Allin

Check Norris

Jackie Jam

Donkey Yen

Jose Allin

Tilto Ortiz

James Scary

Sugar Raise

Tony Jaam

Penny McLean

Andrew Rumble

Ike Smackston

Stanley Choke

Feel Ivey

Gazzy Beats

Dodge Poke

Vicki Floorem

Loosey Liu

Nitola Adams

Andrea Lead

Alex Floatez

-------

Tracy Chapman- Tracy Chopman

Harry Potter - Harry Pot-it

Kit Harrington- Nit Harrington

Jon Snow- Jon Snowroll

Joan Rivers- Joan Rivers-you

Phil Collins- Phil-house Collins

Tim Mcgraw- Tim Mcdraw

Andriy Shevchenko- Andriy Shovechenko

Shia Labeouf- Shia Labluff

Brendan Fraser- Brendan Raiser

Joe Biden- Joe Biden my time

Robert Downey JR- Robert Dealer JR

+

Jet Lag

Deuce Lee

Bankrollnrolla

Edited by fornicator99

Thanks Stubbe for the feedback on feedback!

8 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

My heartfelt congrats for having a child! (Try to have enough sleep if possible 😅)

I don’t have anything more reasonable say at the moment (also slept very badly last night; probably trying to take a nap before today’s MTTs and football), but something to hopefully lighten up the mood:

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Two and a half minutes should be enough for a very quick bathroom break.

Play using a tablet or a phone - problem solved 😉

3 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I'm personally open towards developing something for Sensei state and/or black belt.

Monetary awards or possibly - continuing my own “VS theme” - some collab with Victoria’s Secret. Maybe some nice candle dinner with a model (suggesting nothing indecent - we’re all gentlemen here) with some special Sensei accomplishment 

victorias secret smile GIF

I would really have to step-up with my Banzai 😛! Maybe the suggestion would result in additional 📈 increase in playing activity in certain target groups (let’s say, single guys) 😉.

Okay, “Earth to GotKot!”. Maybe couple of name suggestions before a nap:

Flop Knuckles

Split Van Damm

Nonlucky Luke

Bad Beat Boxer

Bonzai Threes

Ronin Allin

One Inch Bruce

Kumite Aces

G.W. Bushido

KO Bareknuckle

(Stub Bet Winz 😉)

And to continue the game mechanics. I've just played a short session, joined a table where there were no big stacks, looking as though everybody was a recent arrival. After about twelve minutes I stacked two players (yes I was lucky.)

image.thumb.png.ff29b7fc8ad97669b7e0c4059fd76a98.png 

I became the table chip leader, went up one colour belt, but as they began attacking each other both began to belt (level) up and left me two or three levels behind, although I remained ahead in chips. As mentioned before, black belt level is easy if you have a big enough bankroll, though Sensei does need some play. I've tried but keep losing count of how many all-ins it takes to level up, does it alter the higher the rank or stay the same? I feel it should increase but haven't got high enough yet. 🤨

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png