Poker release notes 3.23 (Banzai 2.0)

Stubbe-Unibet

I think @fornicator99 and @Groggy have some good points about the Sensei status and demotion etc.

I would also like to see getting the Sensei status as a harder accomplishment than it is currently. Maybe individual belts following the same logic too. In real life all these usually take months/years/decades to achieve. Of course in a poker cash game we cannot follow that 😆, but maybe a notch or a two into that direction could be implementable 🤔. And hey, we don’t even have degrees of black belt (Dans) yet 😉

Maybe this sort of thing - if properly designed and executed - could make the playing experience even more immersive and “addictive”. In short, achieving belts, Sensei status etc. could be more of a journey (not sure though, how this fits together with a quick cash game). 🤔 There could probably be some monthly missions or some sort of longer quests surrounding this idea, which are stored to game lab etc.

Speaking of demotion, I don’t think demoting individual belts is necessarily the best option, possible yes, but maybe not the best idea. Again, in real life martial arts belts are not demoted (maybe in very rare cases), but not commonly so. Therefore, maybe there could be “demoting” within a certain belt if losing and so forth.

I would also - as @SShcherbyna commented above - like to see some award or bonus for the Belt/Sensei accomplishments. This would underline the work needed to have higher belts/Sensei status.

All this would of course require some (or a lot) amount of work. Maybe some XP point system for the belts etc. And I’m not sure if all this is worth the effort from Unibet viewpoint.

Finally, these are only thoughts and suggestions for the future. The basic stuff is great and works, so job well done!

So i played for about an hour with two tables open and i think i found a problem. I started playing with one table open for couple of minutes  and made some rebuys suddenly after going down few cents below 1 euro it just wouldnt let me rebuy with my ticket money it asked for my balance wich i had none, so  i decided to open another table and had no similar issue. Anyway a couple minutes  passed i made some money on the first table and was rebuying normaly at the second table and boom on the first table i had huge pot with vs signs lost the pot was left  again with just a few cents below 1euro and  couldnt rebuy again. I was once more fourtune enough to made some money on the first table so i dont know excatly what would happen if i was to rebuy with whole stack.

Spoiler

12.png.aa06b23cffe74ec91df5d8246c0bd846.png

Enough with the bug, if you want me to explain it even more just tag me @Stubbe-Unibet, lets talk about experience. Firstly about visuals i love them they are so refreshing and giving this karate kid vibe, also new emotes are very cool i wish we will see more in the future. I love the thunder and vs poping out when important things where happening at the table, although i would add sound to the vs (maybe  something like heartbeat pulsiating sound  just like the avatars) and tone down the thunder beacuse at first when it poped out i was looking at another table and it scared me a bit. Secondly the format the level ups new belts and sensei level. I dont really understand why its there maybe  for future missions and apart it looks really nice i dont understand why i should become one (sensei).

11.png.4161a93b09164c3239114ab82f024492.png

Unibet hoodie is amazing

11 minutes ago, Panamera said:

So game would never end, someone can always do better.

For this reason exactly would love to see infinite high scores list (in gamelab?) which records can be always broken and brags possible for the buddies/pals/strangers about them sucking, just like in the good old times 😎👾

1722125009_highscores.thumb.png.20dcfaf6ee3237cdba74b080a1d50dd6.png

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

. Mobile apps will still return an empty banzai lobby until new version has been approved 

Wasn't empty at all, seemed to work just fine.

Btw, banzai emojis were functional also at other tables (ones that were found on emoji history). Maybe i misunderstood but thought they were suppose to be just for banzai

1 minute ago, GotKot99 said:

My iPad Unibet Poker App looks like this

9BBC98E1-B443-4763-9368-D50C923ADC85.thumb.png.111700f96faebb5cd7f74d809d5f45c0.png

You say Android is working? (That would be great!)

Used my tikiet already 😄so dunno if it will actually play but seems right to me. There was new update about half an hour ago ago, did you get it?

Screenshot_20221214-174737.thumb.jpg.b0b3961df572497b113fd25d1200a518.jpgScreenshot_20221214-174747.thumb.jpg.b6eaf08e5f1beb2b6cd50640b5fdb796.jpg

16 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Wasn't empty at all, seemed to work just fine.

Btw, banzai emojis were functional also at other tables (ones that were found on emoji history). Maybe i misunderstood but thought they were suppose to be just for banzai

Should add that this applies to Play Store and App Store apps only 🙂 If you download Android one from website, it will work fine

EDIT: what is that message saying/what was your issue?

• Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 minute ago, Livertool said:

Used my tikiet already 😄so dunno if it will actually play but seems right to me. There was new update about half an hour ago ago, did you get it?

Screenshot_20221214-174737.thumb.jpg.b0b3961df572497b113fd25d1200a518.jpgScreenshot_20221214-174747.thumb.jpg.b6eaf08e5f1beb2b6cd50640b5fdb796.jpg

Wow! Great if it works! Sorry to hear the ticket is gone already; I had a tight spot too, but at the moment staying alive 😅

I didn’t receive any update yet.

Just had a 30 min session again and reached Sensei status 💪

I have to say once again: this Banzai 2.0 feels really enjoyable - not perfect, but enjoyable!

Couple of thoughts for today (I promise to stop before I turn from Santa’s helper-elf into a dark elf):

(1)

1 hour ago, Evarb said:

Secondly the format the level ups new belts and sensei level. I dont really understand why its there maybe  for future missions and apart it looks really nice i dont understand why i should become one (sensei).

I think this is one of the problems of the current setting. As I already noted somewhere previously, I also have to struggle somewhat, what gain do the belt upgrades and Sensei status bring. These all are great - don’t even consider taking them away - but some rethinking might be in place. I guess, the most straightforward way to make belt upgrades and Sensei status pursuing more appealing/sensical for players is to attach some rewards into them.

(2)

The park, dojo, and arena are great ways to indicate different values (NL1, 5, and 20). Maybe there could be something similar for the belt upgrades etc. with attached bonuses. And if we go to win vs. lose -> promote vs. demote model, these different places of fight or whatever it might eventually be, could indicate that too (I.e., losing in the arena throws you back to the dojo; gaining some certain milestone throws you from the park into the dojo etc.). I don’t know…

(3)

As suggested by some folks already, could there be a unique and dedicated avatar(s) for  each player. If this was the case, it would better reflect the accomplishments gained and the journey travelled. Furthermore, would it be implementable/reasonable, if one’s avatar held the gained belt/status from one play session to the next, so that every session didn’t start from white belt. This would create some kind of narrative and continuation for the Banzai 2.0. 

I don’t know, if this is something that game provider or players want, but if it is, that could be something worth of considering. After all, are talking of poker Banzai 2.0, not of full-fledged journey to Tolkien’s mythological Middle-earth or Lewis’s Narnia 😆

Thank you and sorry - I shut up now!

Deadpool 2 Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 1

Some great/terrible names for the pool off the top of my head:

MuhamedAllin

CheckNorris

JackieJam

DonkeyYen

JoseAllin

TiltoOrtiz

JamesScary

SugarRaise

TonyJaam

PennyMcLean

AndrewRumble

IkeSmackston

StanleyChoke

FeelIvey

GazzyBeats

DodgePoke

VickiFloorem

LooseyLiu

NitolaAdams

AndreaLead

AlexFloatez

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 2

Had a massage earlier so tried thinking up some names. These are what I got:

Tracy Chapman- Tracy Chopman

Harry Potter - Harry Pot-it

Kit Harrington- Nit Harrington

Jon Snow- Jon Snowroll

Joan Rivers- Joan Rivers-you

Phil Collins- Phil-house Collins

Tim Mcgraw- Tim Mcdraw

Andriy Shevchenko- Andriy Shovechenko

Shia Labeouf- Shia Labluff

Brendan Fraser- Brendan Raiser

Joe Biden- Joe Biden my time

Robert Downey JR- Robert Dealer JR

Maybe not the right climate for it but Vladmir Putin it in 😉

Edited by Groggy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Siddle said:

Is banzai 2.0 up and running for everyone or are some people just testing it? Can’t seem to see it on my mobile app

Yup to what @GR1ZZL3R and @Livertool said above.

Furthermore, my iPad + Safari browser combo has been decent enough (very little lag). Stated otherwise, you can play (or at least try) playing using browser without app.

I asked my girlfriend if she could think of any and she came up with these:

Al Pacino- All in Pacino

Kevin Hart- Kevin of Harts 

Justin Bieber- Justin Bigbet

Michael Buble- Michael Bubble

Natalie Portman- No Limit Portman

Jude Law- Jude Nut-Low

Kate Winslet- Kate Winsalot

Amanda Bynes- Amanda Buyins

Bradley Cooper- Bradley Scooper

Matt le Blanc- Matt le Bank

Jack Black- Jackpot Black

Helena Bonham Carter- Helena Bankroll Carter

Hilary Duff- Hilary Bluff

Peter Dinklage- Peter Donklage

Alvin and The Chipmunks- Alvin and the ChipLead

She googled poker terms for inspiration 😂 But some of these are pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I think a lot of names in the above posts are good but shouldn't they be Banzai or karate or judo or fighting themed? 🤔😂

Ideally yeah, may have forgot to tell her that though 😅 And I wasn't inventive enough to come up with fighting ones myself!

• Like 1

Plenty of names I've seen aren't fighting themed, Morgan Bankroll, Ben Stealer, Allin Ripley to name a few and I've only played four tables.

I think there's going to be a limit of good ones that are only centred around fighting depending on how many people play so it may have to be a little more general or have duplicates.

Edited by Groggy
  • Like 1