Never give up!

Merenitsu

@MerenitsuI think the question was more like "Where would you want to be in a year"? That's something everyone should ask from themselves every now and then. You made a nice plan to begin this new era, but it fell flat after a few days and a little dip on results. It's of course positive, if you can manage your nerves better these days than five years ago, but you've still got much to do. Don't just settle having a one winning day, ten break even and one huge loss which ruins everything. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, FreedoM said:

@MerenitsuThis is one example of why you need a solid Bankroll to play poker.

https://www.mypokercoaching.com/poker-bankroll-management/#bankroll

@FreedoMI tried it. Played 5 qualifiers today. won one ticket for 1 euro. And what do you think my aces have lost 1010 in the bounty. And this will happen every time, no matter what deposit I make.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Merenitsu said:

@FreedoMI tried it. Played 5 qualifiers today. won one ticket for 1 euro. And what do you think my aces have lost 1010 in the bounty. And this will happen every time, no matter what deposit I make.

I don't know what limit that was, but if this was the 0.20 qualifier to ticket then winning every 5th is a solid result for average players. No loss but Nash equilibrium style.😀(everyone hates bad beat stories, but yesterday I broke at the 250 UO qualifier twice against 1 outer (one of them were aces at my starting hand) and my final chips went astray 3rd best flush on turn against 2nd best flush. Poker is full of bad beats. All we can do is dealing with it.)

To the BR management: deposit 800 for PL4 Omaha and forget the deposit button. There is very limited chance going broke and you will see if your knowledge is enough for that limit or not.

Edited by psrquack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

To the BR management: deposit 800 for PL4 Omaha and forget the deposit button. There is very limited chance going broke and you will see if your knowledge is enough for that limit or not.

I think 800 is too much and at the end of the day, BRM only applies if you are a winning player aka you have a big enough sample of hands where you played a solid game and kept a cool head. And let's be honest for a moment, someone that is focused on things he has no control over and thinks the software is out to get him is a lost cause. Even if you beat the game at 15bb/100 over 500k hands you will experience variance aka stretches where you will lose between 6-10 buy-ins on average and going up to 20 buy-ins. You can imagine if you aren't a proven winner or you beat the game at 1-3bb/100, how the stretches of losing can go for a long time. I feel like I'm repeating myself to no avail. It's sad to see. #FeelsBadMan

https://www.primedope.com/poker-variance-calculator/

Edited by FreedoM
  • Like 2

I don't feel it too much @FreedoM, I find it enough don't blaming the rng if things start to escalate. I prefer conservative estimation, so 100 BB is good for full ring, 200 is for SH table. Also we both know, that Merenitsu can't resist playing MTT's if cash is not running good, so 200buyin seems legit for me. On the other hand withdrawing 800 bucks is also a good experience.😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreedoM said:

@MerenitsuI think it's time to switch to posting a HH rather than a picture out of context, would you agree?

It's as easy as copy/paste and you can actually get some real feedback. 🤔

what context do you need if the last 2 cards give four of a kind against me. What are the odds?

• Confused 1

Context would be interesting. What I see: it's cash game, PL4, 3-4 handed. I don't know what the betting line was preflop, but let's say you put 60 cent on it. You got around 2.50 preflop, let's say you raised another 60 got a rr/maybe allin, so risked the remaining 1,30 just for a top pair, moderate kicker, weak connection to straight, no flush option. If you have had a terrible tooth pain I understand your move, but if not, then explanation is more than welcome.