Community WC fantasy chat

BonusPater

19th place, despite just 1 goal and 1 assist in a 5 goal game? With two of my players playing but just scoring 1 point together? You guys are in serious trouble...

Also LOL at @Livertool slow-rolling here...Congrats!

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With correct points, you'd probably score even higher! You're such a luckbox not starting Dzagoev...😛

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@testuser1 wrote:

@PokerAndBettinghaha, I don't fear anyone finishing above me this time, as it was pretty random with the injury and substitutes scoring so many points ;)

But you got to have knowledge about these things, who is likely to injury and what kind of firepower is sitting in bench 😛 All is not found in stats 😉 And that is what i call superior power :rockon: Some of us got it in mothers milk and others, well, not 🤫

Beware Mr Trump, your wins look like losses after i am done :D

@Livertool wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

@PokerAndBettinghaha, I don't fear anyone finishing above me this time, as it was pretty random with the injury and substitutes scoring so many points ;)

But you got to have knowledge about these things, who is likely to injury and what kind of firepower is sitting in bench 😛 All is not found in stats 😉 And that is what i call superior power :rockon: Some of us got it in mothers milk and others, well, not 🤫

Beware Mr Trump, your wins look like losses after i am done :D

untitled-23

Think the points issue will be resolved soon, but they're sooo slow at replying.
Well, here a small teaser for tomorrows daily draft:
Formation: 2-4-4 🤣
Budget: 5100
Buy-in: 40 (as there're more matches than usual)
Players per team: max 3

This sort of a database would be relatively easy to upkeep yourself as well. It would only take 5-10minute to update a match and you would not rely on third parties. I've done similar tasks in as a hobby in our own e-leagues in the past. Could easily volunteer for that. That said I am not able to create such an environment myself how this is, so don't know how hard the GUI is to make, which is now working out well.

Great system, I like it. Just as a hint for future improvements that for a small developmental task you might not have to rely on 3rd parties and get more immediate results for a minor task. New databases for leagues & cups should be relatively easy to update as well.

@DepchZ, don't think they'll be used for data feeds in the future. However, they do provide live updates (didn't work during the first match, but should be working from now on), which is quite nice and never something we could do. Furthermore, it does require quite a bit of time. Just adding all the +700 players with a salary takes time, and then there's the settlement of every match. Well, it will probably be "manual" in the future - if there's a team of 4-5 volunteers, it should be easy enough :)

@testuser1 wrote:

@DepchZ, don't think they'll be used for data feeds in the future. However, they do provide live updates (didn't work during the first match, but should be working from now on), which is quite nice and never something we could do. Furthermore, it does require quite a bit of time. Just adding all the +700 players with a salary takes time, and then there's the settlement of every match. Well, it will probably be "manual" in the future - if there's a team of 4-5 volunteers, it should be easy enough :)

Sounds great. If they can provide live updates during a match then it will be awesome and much better indeed what a hobbyist or single volunteers at this moment could do. Just from this perspective as of now it looked like that a bunch of volunteers could do better and faster in the updates. :)

Archived