Freerolls - Observations and Ideas

pinki

@RayL  @Leo-Unibet @JeppeL

I have several observations and ideas about Unibet freerolls:

Unibet Open, Bounty Holdem and Omaha.
Currently, these tournaments are "wilderness" in my humble opinion. :)

I think the main reason for this are const. Bounties 0.02E. People are throwing at them like a hyena on a paddle and this is understandable - this is the specifics of the "Bounty MTT".

Players do not care about the game on a larger scale, especially if it is a free. You can see it exactly on the example of the Unibet Open Freeroll - low interest to get 2Euro Unibet Open.

My ideas:

1. Remove 0.02E Bounty
2. Instead of this add extra tickets to the prize pool:

example:

Unibet Open: 9Euro -Bounty Prize Pool - 36 x 0.25 Unibet Open Qualifier to 1-2 Euro Tickets - or even normal 0.25/0.1/0.5 MTT Tickets for Nano MTT's, maybe a few places with low cash prize ... to think about.

Bounty Hold'em/omaha Freeroll: as above, Bounty prize Pool divide into some tickets: 0.5/0.25/0.1/0.05.

Players likes Bounty MTT for obvious reasons, so maybe runs one/two a day normal Bounty MTT for 0.5 Euro with Growing bounty... why 0.5? Most of players choose ie. 0.25Bounty instead of 0.25 Nano Event Horizon .... Or run these before others Nano, and people may invest cash in others Nano's...

these are just ideas, but i think it will  make it a game more "normal" in freerolls :)

Thank you for your attention. Comments are welcome.

Yours Pinki

ps. sorry for mistakes ... i've russian and latin-street language lessons at school :)

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@pinki wrote:

I think the main reason for this are const. Bounties 0.02E. People are throwing at them like a hyena on a paddle and this is understandable - this is the specifics of the "Bounty MTT".

Players do not care about the game on a larger scale, especially if it is a free. You can see it exactly on the example of the Unibet Open Freeroll - low interest to get 2Euro Unibet Open.

My ideas:

1. Remove 0.02E Bounty

Example:

Unibet Open: 9Euro -Bounty Prize Pool - 36 x 0.25 Unibet Open Qualifier to 1-2 Euro Tickets - or even normal 0.25/0.1/0.5 MTT Tickets for Nano MTT's, maybe a few places with low cash prize ... to think about.

Bounty Hold'em/omaha Freeroll: as above, Bounty prize Pool divide into some tickets: 0.5/0.25/0.1/0.05.

Players likes Bounty MTT for obvious reasons, so maybe runs one/two a day normal Bounty MTT for 0.5 Euro with Growing bounty... why 0.5? Most of players choose ie. 0.25Bounty instead of 0.25 Nano Event Horizon .... Or run these before others Nano, and people may invest cash in others Nano's...

these are just ideas, but i think it will  make it a game more "normal" in freerolls :)

Yours Pinki

ps. sorry for mistakes ... i've russian and latin-street language lessons at school :)

@pinki Hi, I've had on my to-do list to do something different with freerolls, good that you reminded me and came with some good ideas. Thanks man!!

@pinki wrote:

My ideas:

1. Remove 0.02E Bounty

example:

Yours Pinki

this sounds like a really awsome sugestion i like all the ideas proposed :P i have fun in the freerolls but they could deffinately be improved

I forgot to add second P.S.

Do you plan to run Qualifiers for micro stakes ie.   0.25 - > 1 euro,   0.5 -> 2Euro  tickets?

I ask out of curiosity

regards

Pinki

I dont play a lot of freerolls, but cant miss the 10k Team collector ones, so here are some suggestions:

1) There are too many players who sit out the whole tournament. Firstly it wastes everyones time that really is playing and secondly it gives slight advantage to some of the players who were luckier with seating lottery.

-Solution one would be that the registration starts 15min before the tournament.

-Solution two would be something that microgaming has/had: Everyone who havent sit in in the first level will be removed from the tournament after Level 1.

2) The MTT will get really turbo and shallow at the end stages. Last hour of the MTT was just pure timebank stalling, i think one guy even disconnected on purpose a few times to win extra time. I busted just a few places before the Supernova ticket price jump, and i think the average stack was 6-7 big blinds at that time.

Team collector 10k freeroll is your second biggest tournament in the schedule, i think it should deserve a bit better structure so it would be more about poker and less about timebanking.

PS, sorry for bad english.

@123 wrote:

-Solution two would be something that microgaming has/had: Everyone who havent sit in in the first level will be removed from the tournament after Level 1.

This!

Absolute Poker also had this system on their freerolls and it worked great. Sometimes you saw half of the field get thrown out after the 1st level ( 10 minutes I think it was ).

Probably this wouldn't be great on the bigger freerolls, like the €10k ones that are running now, but on the regular ones with a smaller prizepool, this could be something to consider. 🆗

I agree with time bank stealing... ie. get players always  +10sec or smth  after normal time for decision is unfair... 

1. evry MTT should have determined value of Time Bank . ie 10-25 seconds

2. When you use the whole TB, until to next level you have 0sec. -  end of story.

3. After each level add +5sec.  to determined value

that would be a good solution in my opinion

regards

pinki

@pinki wrote:

Full agreement.

In  For freerolls this should be the norm ... 1-2 level and out.

i'm also in full agreement... @JeppeL this should be something we should definily implement in the smaller freerolls. What does the rest of the community think ? How much work would it inolve from the technical department ?

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

why ? I meant current Bounty prize  pool in this Freerolls, which is known. End the end probably  whole prize pool will look different.There are many solutions,  even top 5 prize pool may be changed or smth. As  @Leo-Unibet  wrote: he has freerolls on TODO list. Currently players shoves in first hands, they count on lucky flip in 5-All-ins,   get their 10 cents and they are happy when their 93o wins:) These changes also increase prize pool : instead 18 paid places may be  50-150 or smth.  Is  not better  give someone 10cents for higher place than someone who not interested play this freeroll "seriously"  ?  In my opinion take bounty off can give positive changes ... 

The final decision belongs to Unibet crew :) 

Sorry, but I'm a very bad MTT player and I prefer hard cash what I can use in various products not only in poker instead of tickets and the abolishment of bounties and the realigning will decrease my chances.

Iike i said this is suggestions...  It is your opinion, these freerolls are MTT so .... tickets or cash nevermind... what is your avarage with cash from these bounties ? 0.1euro, 0.2, 0,.5 ...or 0.8?  how many eleminations ? Even add 60places(750players freeroll) with 0.25euro in cash prizes for me is more fair,  generally if you play correct its no problem reach paid places. Even flat 1euroMTT tickets from 43 to 5 place transform these freerolls after 'Bubble' into flips ... until 2euro tickets are in range... 

I am for the rule: a better player deserves a reward. Freeroll or not - irrelevant. Create an environment for that rule is correct for me, especially in freerols  :) In non-freerolls own-money are doing this mostly :)

My 2 cents here.

The 2 cent bounty idea is magnificent, but it destroys the play a bit... I say a bit, because after 10 hands the game starts to run normally. It's no secret that players are just worse in freerolls and that they play a bit more agressive and that isn't something you can change by removing bounties.

These bounties also give the opportunity to start grinding micro mtt's earlier, because it's fairly hard to get ITM in such a freeroll.

So for me it's a NO on removing the bounties...I think it's a welcome thing that these are a bit of a gamba'.

On the timebanking... Well it costs a lot of dev time to implement a personal timebank, it should be put in more important things. 

Also removing inactive players is the worst you could do... certainly in big freerolls. It's their value and they can decide whether they want to sit-out or not. That some are lucky to sit on a table with a few sitouts doesn't matter, because you could be lucky to be seated on a table with noobs and that would result in the same thing

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

My general reason is : make  these freerolls more playable and  less flip formula :) I am aware of that small starting stack after couple levels in natural way force players to shove. Like i said this is suggestions and observations. I like freerolls on Unibet, beacuse is easier to get any cash prize or tickets ... try it out on others pokerooms , when 5k players fight for 50-100$ prize pool :- no sense at all and waste of time :)  But very often   players are annoying.. and in my opinion bounties are the reason of that... and these players goes to nanos or 1euro MTT and they act similarly. Remember if you put effort in something later you take it more seriously :)

@FreedoM pretty nasty idea :)  with decency you have to put some  effort to get smth :) otherwise, you grow a communists in your own garden :)

@VikingsAF  prize pool can be rebuilt to incrase number of paid places and add 500 chips.:) even ie. 50% 1euro MTT transform to 0.5 euro ...I also use the current formula ie. in sports bets, bet some events and from 0.25 euro in five minutes  gets 1euro ... no problem. but I try to look at it objectively despite the benefits for myself.  

@pinki I'm pretty sure i've played more freeroll's that you lifetime on many sites. And it doesn't matter if its a bounty or not, the games will still be wild and furious. But if you have a good strategy you will persevere. I've gone from zero to hero many times and because of the bounties, the process was faster. Thats why i think the Unibet freerolls are the best so i'm opposed to getting rid of them.

@FreedoM Sorta agree with what you say but at the same time @pinki does have a good point.

I think the bounties are a definite plus. But on the flip side more tickets are also good so in my opinion if there can be a mix of games, games that favor bounties and then others that favor more tickets then I think we have a win-win situation.

Also the 'bounty' based games and the 'ticket' based games rather than having both types on the same day they can occur on different days. 

And thats my E0.02 on the matter 😏

@Shoryureppa  these 0.02E on the matter i like very much :) In first version  first post a have smth with 50% changes on freerolls with bigger prize pool  with tickets  0.25,0.5...I like compromises :)

Archived