Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

2015-11-26 20.12.13.jpgIt all started back in the 2000/2001 season, when the Danish forward Ebbe Sand had a fantastic season at Schalke 04. My interest was aroused; I read a lot about Schalke and the Bundesliga, and I started watching a lot of games as well. It didn't take long, before I was hooked - I had become a Bundesliga junkie. In the years to come, I'd spend countless hours in front of the tv and computer, watching and analyzing games, reading Bundesliga news etc. The number of Schalke matches I've missed in the last 2 years, can be counted on one hand, and I've obviously been to Gelsenkirchen a few times as well.

About 5-6 years ago I started betting on the Bundesliga. I got off to a less than optimal start, but I learned a lot and my game slowly improved. A few years later I had my own Bundesliga betting blog with a ROI of +10, and I was also a Bundesliga expert at the largest Danish betting community for a short while.

When I started working for Unibet, I didn't feel like I had the time to bet seriously anymore, and for almost a year, I didn't place a single bet. Today I'm only betting for the entertainment, but I like to believe, that I've still got the ability to spot a bet with value. I'm going to challenge myself, and will post a few Bundesliga bets every week, with the goal of creating a small profit. I'll keep score of the bets in this post.

As there's quite a long time till the next Bundesliga game, I'll temporarily be using this thread to share my view on transfers, season bets and anything Bundesliga, that I find interesting.

EDIT: now that we've got the new emoticons implemented, I'll start using a money bag scale to indicate the value. This info will be added to the heading of each bet.

Cash = 100-103.9 BV
CashCash = 104-106.9 BV
CashCashCash = 107-109.9 BV
CashCashCashCash= 110-112.9
CashCashCashCashCash = >112.9

An Excel sheet with all bets can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/03gzxjg595t8ybd/Bundesliga_Corner_Stubbe.xlsx?dl=0

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
529 REPLIES
desinere Rank 16
Rank 16
This will be topic which I really like to read regularly,thaks!
Highlighted
CharismaMan Rank 20
Rank 20

I love Bundesliga, so I gonna follow this topic. Heart

... we win together.
0 Likes
chrishengren Rank 10
Rank 10

I am a little curious as part of the unibet company what are the restreictions for you when it comes to betting and such? If i may ask how did you get in to this business in the first place!

Other than  that i am very much looking forward to your bundelsiga tips as that is not a league that i have much knowledge in.

If we do not try and attain more knowledge we may as well be dead! 

daddy Rank 17
Rank 17

i like to bet  over on bundesliga matches because the teams score a lot

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.
0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

@chrishengren wrote:

I am a little curious as part of the unibet company what are the restreictions for you when it comes to betting and such? If i may ask how did you get in to this business in the first place!

Other than  that i am very much looking forward to your bundelsiga tips as that is not a league that i have much knowledge in.

If we do not try and attain more knowledge we may as well be dead! 

We're obviously not allowed to bet with Unibet for real money, but we can bet with the competitors Smile

From https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Welcome-how-to-s/Meet-the-Community-Team/m-p/2277 :

The day I turned 18, I opened an account with several bookmakers, Unibet obviously being one of them, and I've been playing ever since. For some time I had my own blog with Bundesliga picks, and I was a Bundesliga expert at the largest Danish betting community as well. When I was done with upper secondary school, I wanted to move abroad, and a move to the land of bookmakers, Malta, made perfect sense. I moved to Malta to work in Customer Support for Unibet, and 8-9 months later I moved on to work with data and service improvements in the same department. I've also worked as a Customer Experience Analyst in London - also for Unibet - and now I'm the Customer Community Manager. Before joining Unibet, I was self-employed, primarily working with project management.

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
chrishengren Rank 10
Rank 10

I figured as much that you were restricted from betting with unibet but interesting that they allow bets for the competitiors Smile take their money instead Very Happy. Really interesting story man and i hope to be able to use your bundesliga knowledger even though its coming from a dane and we swedes dont trust danes too much!!

How about euro2016 u going to be doing bets for that ?

0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

@chrishengren wrote:

I figured as much that you were restricted from betting with unibet but interesting that they allow bets for the competitiors Smile take their money instead Very Happy. Really interesting story man and i hope to be able to use your bundesliga knowledger even though its coming from a dane and we swedes dont trust danes too much!!

How about euro2016 u going to be doing bets for that ?

Haha, well, the trust thing is mutual :smileytongue:

I might do a few bets during the championship. Will check out all of our markets tomorrow - I haven't had much time to look at this, with the community launch taking up pretty much all my time Smile

0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

We're getting close - just 16 days and we'll be blessed with the great weekly Bundesliga games once again!

I've had a look at the season bets and found a couple which I believe there's a bit of value in. I'll probably add a few more in the coming days.

To score the most goals in the Bundesliga for Schalke: Choupo-Moting

Choupo is not exactly known as a consistent player, and last season we saw both several excellent and horrible games from him. When he's at his best, he's a joy to watch, and I expect this season to be his best ever. He has had a fantastic pre-season so far, being the, by far, best Schalke player on the opponents part of the pitch - he had a great finish to last season as well, with 3 goals in the last 4 Bundesliga games. If he continue in this form, we'll surely see quite a few goals from him.
In the past years, Choupo has roughly scored about 9 goals per season, in the Bundesliga. Huntelaar is at around 11 goals and Embolo has scored 20 goals in total, in the past two seasons for Basel. 

I expect Weinzierl will either continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation or play with three center backs (Höwedes, Naldo & Nastasic) in a 5-2-2-1 formation. In either case, there's only room for one "Mittelstürmer" (striker), and Di Santo, Huntelaar and Embolo will all fight for this position - Embolo will probably end up playing as a winger most of the time, if Weinzierl decides not to play with two strikers. Schöpf, Sam and Choupo are the only "real" wingers in the current squad, and Choupo being the strongest, I expect he'll get a lot of time on the pitch this season - Sam will probably be injured for half the season, like in past years. 

The arrival of Baba (on loan from Chelsea) is not at all bad for this bet either. Baba and Choupo will make up a very strong left side (at least when attacking). I think Kolasinac will be the preferred choice in a 4-2-3-1 formation and Baba in a 5-2-2-1 formation.

I estimate the chance of winning to be around 21 %, giving a very decent bet value of 115.5

Choupo.png

To finish best in the North: HSV

The second bet is on which team will have the best finishing position in the North. Wolfsburg are, rightfully so, big favorites, but I do think HSV stand a better chance than what's currently reflected in the odds. Last season, "Die Wölfe" and "Der Dino" were separated by just 4 points, finishing 8th and 10th respectively (both teams got 19 points in the 2nd half of the tournament).

With the signing of Kostic and Halilovic, the HSV offensive is a force to be reckoned with, and I expect Der Dino to perform slightly better than last season.

Wolfsburg have let go of Schürrle, Kruse and Naldo, and they've signed Gerhardt, Bruma, Kuba and Divida. The strength of the squad is, in my opinion, about the same as last season, but things might change in the coming weeks, of course.
It's also worth noting that Vierinha will be out for around six weeks, and Draxler is not exactly thrilled about having to spend at least another year at Volkswagen Arena.

I don't expect much of Werder Bremen this season, and would be surprised, if they managed to make it into top 10. 

Chance of finishing "Best in North":
Wolfsburg: 69 %
HSV: 19 %
Werder Bremen: 12 %

Bet value = 104.5

best in north.png

BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

Forgot to add information about units recommended. I recommend 3 units on the Choupo bet and 1 on the HSV one Smile

I expect to have 3-4 bets ready for the for the first round of the Bundesliga, a couple of them probably being special bets.