The weekly community centroll

Stubbe-Unibet

Join us every Friday at 19:00 UTC for a centroll extravaganza – it's the weekly Community Centroll Tournament! This isn't just any ordinary poker showdown; it's a vibrant gathering of like-minded individuals coming together to ignite the tables with their passion for the game.

Now, here's the kicker – with a buy-in of just 1 cent, you heard that right, ONE CENT, and a whopping €100 up for grabs, it's not just a tournament; it's an overlay guarantee!

But wait, there's more! Our fearless employees, when they dare to enter the arena, carry a €25 MTT ticket on their heads, adding an extra layer of thrill to the showdown. Will you be the one to claim the bounty?

Now, let's talk exclusivity. This tournament is reserved for our community members of rank 3 or higher. Don't worry, though – the key to the kingdom lies within the locked section of our forum. Simply click on the link https://www.unibetcommunity.com/forums/forum/77-community-tournament-passwords/ to unveil the secret password.

And here's a gentle reminder: when you step into the arena, don't forget to don your community alias – it's your badge of honor, your identity among fellow warriors of the felt.

So, mark your calendars, sharpen your skills, and get ready to shuffle up and deal! Let's turn every Friday into a legendary poker night to remember! 💪

---

Anyone can forget to change their alias to the community one, once or twice. However, if you consistently do not play with your community alias, you risk getting excluded from these tournaments.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

11 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

In the coming weeks, I'll be trialing a community centroll every Friday 19:00 UTC - hope to see many of you there.

The tournament will have a prizepool of €123 and employees will have - when they join - a €25 MTT ticket on their head. 

The password for first tournament: communityfun

Don't know if others community fellas are interested but i could play 5€ tourny too with similar pp so chances would be better to actually play against community peeps and not million value hunters?

I mean as addition to that centroll, not to replace it...something to trial too?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Don't know if others community fellas are interested but i could play 5€ tourny too with similar pp so chances would be better to actually play against community peeps and not million value hunters?

I mean as addition to that centroll, not to replace it...something to trial too?

Didn't we try that when Covid hit, I seem to remember there were two of us that actually tried to start a game when they became popular but there was very little take up. I've said it a few times but I really think 95% of this community and discord are only here for whatever they can get out of it rather than what they can put in. The numbers playing the community league (168) far outstrip the number contributing, posts, discussions, general chat, a quick glance down the names leads to a lot of "who he?" which really does sadden me, and I'm guessing the centroll will probably attract many players that you've never even heard of, even if they used their community name rather than a random alias.  I don't know what the answer is really, restricting entries to contributors say for that week would probably only lead to masses of short spams, but I'm willing to try whatever to keep this community alive. Even the current Anniversary Missions and Let's talk 10-year Anniversary seem way too quiet for such a big event. Put me down for a slot if you can get any more takers, I'll stream it and see if we can get a bit more enthusiasm going.

As I write Stubbe's opening post has 7 likes or thanks( all regulars or at least part timers) this thread has 2 replies (both regulars 😬)including mine, and the Weekly Community Centroll has 23 entries. Says a lot really. 😕

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

2 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Didn't we try that when Covid hit

You mean the friend tournament? At least that was one that we tried but maybe it was too complicated...perhaps if tourny it set up straight to lobby, without asking first who will play, people will join...or not. Up to Stubbe if he dares to gamble with fear of possible overlay 😄

2 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I really think 95% of this community and discord are only here for whatever they can get out of it rather than what they can put in

Yup. Hence i think only community aspect of this centroll will be that people check out the pw and then disappear. If lucky, maybe some winner will return to say thank you but that is about it as past has shown. Setting up free/centrolls to get more people to join as active member to community is quite ineffective and it also spoils big part of fun for actual members so maybe other route could be to offer present active members something special and when newbies come in here to check out how they could get in they become more active with fear of missing out in future too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Livertool said:

You mean the friend tournament? At least that was one that we tried but maybe it was too complicated...perhaps if tourny it set up straight to lobby, without asking first who will play, people will join...or not. Up to Stubbe if he dares to gamble with fear of possible overlay 😄

I did mean the friends. Surely no guarantee is needed, set the tourney up and the prize pool is whatever it is, the more the merrier but if there are only 6 entrants the so be it.

42 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Yup. Hence i think only community aspect of this centroll will be that people check out the pw and then disappear. If lucky, maybe some winner will return to say thank you but that is about it as past has shown. Setting up free/centrolls to get more people to join as active member to community is quite ineffective and it also spoils big part of fun for actual members so maybe other route could be to offer present active members something special and when newbies come in here to check out how they could get in they become more active with fear of missing out in future too.

I totally agree. To continue with the community League figures, 168 entrants in total, less than half -80- with a community name eligible for leaderboard prizes, 🤔 about half-40- with recognisable names and about half again-20-regular or part time contributors. The cent rolls are fantastic in principle (who doesn't like a "cheap" tourney?) but simply don't make any difference to the standard of blogs or threads or discussions, and most times in the past there weren't even any chat rooms open for a bit of banter, goading, bragging, whining or whatever, simply giving away money to many who will never contribute. So how do we encourage more participation? Ideas welcome.

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

4 minutes ago, Andy-Relax said:

The other two pages are the same too. 

I asked for ideas how to encourage more participation, not confirmation of  how tight fisted and scrooge like the community is, 🤬  we already knew that the freerollers are in the-huge-majority. 🥴

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy-Relax said:

The other two pages are the same too. 

Not everything suggested is a hit but if we look at community league it seems to be doing fine and that too came from yours truly. Turned out to be bit different what i suggested with added value almost free flips to bring in seagulls bur i understand that you have your agenda too so it is ok, most times you have at least 1 member that you recognise in your table.

How ever what is worst thing you can lose with setting up 5€ tourny for few fridays to test it up? Lets say 100€ pp, if there ain't 20 members who will play then there is chance you lose couple of (tens, hundred) euros. Then again if quarantee is hit you might upgrade it for future.

You could also do invitational tourny with bit extra value to encourage quality posts to community, maybe even to reduce chance of negative posts with some idiots calling you vax-sheeps 😆 if they fear they don't get to play cause of it. I know community don't have manager and Stu probly has lot of other things to do but since you got time to delete posts too would it be big job to mark down member who writes good post? Then you could invite certain number of members to friday tourny, add something extra to pp. You lose few euros but gain quality posts and members can enjoy busting them balls at the table once a week.

• Like 2

Ten minutes to go, 76 entries and a massive 9 likes or thanks for setting it up. 

Shame GIF

41 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

We can definitely do a €5 weekly tournament as well. Will look at it next week, so feel free to add ideas in the meantime 🙂 

To be honest I'd make it a private tourney somehow. I've played the centroll for 43 minutes, terrific added value from 112 entries and 28 rebuys, €1.40 entry fees paying out €123 in prize money. 👍  Monetary value HUGE, added value to the community as a whole, I'm not seeing it. 

34 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

To be honest I'd make it a private tourney somehow. I've played the centroll for 43 minutes, terrific added value from 112 entries and 28 rebuys, €1.40 entry fees paying out €123 in prize money. 👍  Monetary value HUGE, added value to the community as a whole, I'm not seeing it. 

As mentioned on Discord, I might make both the centroll and €5 have a rank or group requirement. Not a high one, but just to filter out players that never wrote on here 🙂

• Like 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

So I am in central London just left the dentist and was about to embark on a 5.6 mile walk home - which is part of my fitness efforts lately (walk 20 miles a week) .. google maps was fired up I was just about to hit start but then… I remembered this beauty of a tournament, no 5 mile walk for me! No time for that tonight. It will be a train home , kettle on and sitting down with a dream and a prayer as I enter the arena of the community Friday night centroll 🙂 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SkilfulPoker said:

a 5.6 mile walk home

Even at my age and fitness levels I can still do that in less than 2 hours. old man GIF

😬

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Kevathallam1 said:

when I click on the link for the pw it just says sorry cant find what your looking for ?

I'm not sure, but I think it's a requirement to access the password, namely: "level three to enter community games".

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

6 minutes ago, ohnitsoga said:

hey, i guess player from NL can"t play, cause we dont have the RB/level 3... last week i could seee the password but not this week

It's the community rank that matters. It needs to be 3 or higher for you to get the passwords.

Your current rank is 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purps said:

@SCOBY

You could re-enter for 8 levels ( 32 minutes ). Re-entry time had already ended when you busted.

I just realized. Thanks👍

• Like 1

I criticize what I don't like"!!!