Poker Release Notes 3.34

Stubbe-Unibet

Previous release notes can be found here.

Releasenotes334.png.a7962718b6417c7102706fdda69b4092.png

Release date: 13th February
Next release: 20th March

10 years as an independent poker network; that calls for a proper celebration! 

Promotions

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• Valentines Mission, 1st Feb – 14th Feb 
  • Phased MTT Anniversary edition, 4th Feb – 17th Mar
  • North Masters (local MTT's), 11th Feb & 18th Feb
  • Banzai Flips, 15th Jan – 18th Feb 

Included in this release:

• 10th Anniversary Prize Drop, 19 Feb – 17 Mar
  • 10th Anniversary MTT Series, 25 Feb – 11 Mar
  • 10th Anniversary 21 days of missions, 26 Feb – 17 Mar
  • 10th Anniversary Time based Jackpots, 7 Mar – 16 Mar
  • Poker SM (Swedish tournaments), 18 Feb – 18 Mar

Coming in next release (preliminary):

• March Momentum, 22 Mar – 31 Mar
  • HexaPro Races, 1 Apr – 5 May
  • High Hand, 1st Apr – 5th May
  • April Mission

New features/Improvements

• Anniversary. There're a lot of promo improvements included in the release, for the anniversary promotion package. I already covered some of these, in the previous release notes, and as you'll see them in exactly a week, I'm not going to cover everything here. Instead, I'll just highlight a couple of the improvements:
    • Jackpot Mania/Timed jackpots promo is now available across all markets. Technically it's always been the case, as the promo simply lowers the rake across the entire network, but there's never been any visual indication of this, in several key markets. For compliance reasons, we can't show an actual countdown, so instead we'll simply highlight when a jackpot is currently active on a stake:image.thumb.png.7a5357c455f13e92449e0bfe596b6bca.png

• It's been somewhat quiet on the avatar front the last year. That's about to change. The anniversary missions introduce no less than 18 new avatars and 4 table backgrounds - new mission reward, every day. In addition to these, the anniversary MTT series also has 3 new event winner avatars (see lion in banner at the top).
      anniversaryavatars.thumb.png.60c07fe362dda899c0faa101ccec80a8.png
      image.png.48da06d8201aa5462a0ff9b1f5d53327.pngimage.png.8fbf6b590c016d4bf3ff971e7b2066b0.pngimage.png.ae92485c9a8adca0f932c289dffc41b1.pngimage.png.9c54d9724a69aabd7a6a7ed618df9a43.png

• SNG rake changes. As already mentioned in a different thread, we'll be changing the HU SNG rake with this release. I realize this might not be seen as an improvement, but it must be mentioned regardless 🙂

Buyin (prizepool + rake )

Rake %

€1 (€0.96 + €0.04)

4%

€2 (€1.92 + €0.08)

4%

€4 (€3.84 + €0.16)

4%

€10 (€9.60 + €0.40)

4%

€25 (€24.00 + €1.00)

4%

€50 (€47.75 + €2.25)

4.50%

€100 (€95.50 + €4.50)

4.50%

€200 (€191.00 + €9.00)

4.50%

• 5 seat SNG starting stack changed to 1500

Bug fixes

• Fixed crash scenario in list view. This should significantly reduce crashes in MTT lobby and hand history.
  • Fixed issue on Samsung mobile app where screen would eventually go all black, if app had been running in the background and reopened. 

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 13/02/2024 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier

• Like 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

49 minutes ago, Tomi22 said:

Sad to see unibet last few years going worse for the players, less rakeback, increasing rake , new loyalty less rakeback for average player. Used to be a big fanboy of Unibet. 

Just a quick fact check: rake has overall been lowered, not increased 🙂

Yes, we did increase rake for some of the lowest stakes cash game, where we're still offering the - by far - lowest rake in the industry. Hardly something one can complain about 🙂 While increasing lowest stakes, we decreased it at some of the higher ones.

We've also lowered MTT fees and are currently trying to match the lowest fees across all formats, looking at the 4 main competitors.

HU SNG rake is now set to increase, as we've had a ridiculously low rake, just benefiting a few very good regs at especially the highest stakes. Now, we're more in-line with what everyone else is charging, and looking at winrates etc., even higher rake could even be justified (HU SNG's are benefiting from highest HexaPro stakes not always starting instantly).
We will be lowering rake at the highest stakes HexaPro games (still several months away, as it's a bigger change), so also for SNG's as a whole, we'll end up having lowered rather than increased rake in 2024 🙂 

You have got a point with loyalty, in the sense that some are getting less than before. However, some are also getting a fair bit more. We did lower rewards at the lowest levels, due to our very low rake at the lowest stakes and insane value from especially monthly missions, for low raking players.
We've slowly moved towards promotions being more targeted recreational players, while loyalty is more for higher raking individuals. This trend will continue, and I'm hoping we'll introduce a couple new HexaPro promotions this year, which both regs and recs will like.

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 hour ago, urdeadpre said:

not happy with the 5 man s/go stack reduced to 1500 chips. Nothing wrong with them as they were, now seem more of a luck-fest.

I agree with this i dont know how is it better for unibet or players to have 1500 starting stack instead of 2000

• Like 1

@Happywins69

According to the terms, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands are excluded.

So if you are logged in and from one of those countries, then the webpage probably won't be visible for you, but that doesn't really matter then if that is the case... :classic_sad:

Edited by Purps

40 minutes ago, Purps said:

@HardGain

T&C has wrong info, and poker client has the correct list of eligible games.

So, NL4 sadly will not bring you any presents :classic_sad:

Wasnt really counting at drop prizes but on the influx of new players at those stakes which promo like that always brings. Normal, yearly promo i would agree not to include those damn freeloaders from nl4 but 10th anniversary? I mean those are still part of of the Unibet, maybe not respected part but still :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

19 hours ago, jerry said:

Wasnt really counting at drop prizes but on the influx of new players at those stakes which promo like that always brings. Normal, yearly promo i would agree not to include those damn freeloaders from nl4 but 10th anniversary? I mean those are still part of of the Unibet, maybe not respected part but still :classic_biggrin:

To be fair I agree that for such a significant birthday/anniversary I would have thought including everybody would be the way to go, but...

damn freeloaders from nl4

Exactly how are they freeloading? Don't they pay rake like the rest, or lose money and let some players climb stakes? Should we get rid of the lowest level at €4 to get rid of the "freeloaders?" Doesn't that mean the new lowest level of €10 becomes the "freeloader" level which then has to go, and so on and so on. 

not respected

You might not respect how they play, but really? A bit strong I think.

Disclaimer: My majority of play is at €4 but for promos like these I do play higher.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png