Poker Release Notes 3.34

Stubbe-Unibet

Quickly on the stakes for prize drop. Seb was originally planning to have it as mentioned in the terms (it's how its historically always been), but I pushed for changing it to what we ended up with. So now you know who to blame 😉

Quickly on why I suggested this change: I ultimately believe it's the most fair for the player base as a whole. The NL4 rake is so low (and games softer), and with three different tiers, compromises had to be made at higher stakes, if NL4 was to be included. At the end of the day, I felt it was best to focus on the higher stakes and leave out NL4.
Another key point is the fact that NL4 players get much better rakeback from promotions like missions, relative to the rake paid. Some promotions favor NL4 (despite the lowest rake) and some don't.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions. 

26 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Quickly on the stakes for prize drop. Seb was originally planning to have it as mentioned in the terms (it's how its historically always been), but I pushed for changing it to what we ended up with. So now you know who to blame 😉

Quickly on why I suggested this change: I ultimately believe it's the most fair for the player base as a whole. The NL4 rake is so low (and games softer), and with three different tiers, compromises had to be made at higher stakes, if NL4 was to be included. At the end of the day, I felt it was best to focus on the higher stakes and leave out NL4.
Another key point is the fact that NL4 players get much better rakeback from promotions like missions, relative to the rake paid. Some promotions favor NL4 (despite the lowest rake) and some don't.

I can understand the reasoning behind what you're saying but just because someone gets a good deal somewhere else and has partied all year, it still feels, imo, a bit mean to exclude them from the biggest party yet. The only other point I'd make is that the €10 levels, during promos like this, feel as though they're full of nits ( the €4 recs) basically waiting around for a prize drop. Currently 59 at €4 and 111 at €10. I'm sure the €10 regs can handle the newcomers but enticing some of them to put money in the pot  can feel like trying to get blood out of a stone. Is it even worth it for them I ask myself. An hour sat there, maybe 120 hands, 20 circuits of the table, 30BB or €3 for a prize drop, if it even lands, of €2. Maybe they're so determined to join the party and get something for nothing they don't see it's probably not worth it. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Just to update the above I played for an hour, got dealt 103 hands, actually only saw 8 flops ( I was being dealt an enormous amount of trash, 🥴) went to showdown twice, 😱 and made money. I'm not sure it was much of a party though. 🥱

• Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

5 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Exactly how are they freeloading? Don't they pay rake like the rest, or lose money and let some players climb stakes? Should we get rid of the lowest level at €4 to get rid of the "freeloaders?" Doesn't that mean the new lowest level of €10 becomes the "freeloader" level which then has to go, and so on and so on. 

You might not respect how they play, but really? A bit strong I think.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist