Next community league - Wishes, ideas and requests?

Stubbe-Unibet

New Community Leauge  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred duration of Community Tournaments?

• Less than an hour
    • 60-90 minutes
    • 1.5-2 hours
    • 2-2.5 hours
    • More than 2.5 hours
  2. 2. How many community tournaments would you like per day?

3. 3. How long would you like the league to run for?

4. 4. If we added a €25 level, would you play it?

1 hour ago, Farseer said:

Keeping it simple: at least it is literally only thing which keeps me and many other players playing @ Unibet. Without R/A's, we would just play elsewhere.

If you are a regular, then you definitely love Unibet not for R/A, but more for the average skill of the field. If you just love to play poker, then I have to agree with Stubbe that this is not the best format for you. Enter a tournament for 10 euros, and then understand that you need to either pay an additional 10 euros or sit with a very short stack, where there are several regulars around who have made an addon.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

So, in other words: without the added edge due to addon, you wouldn't play. I don't think that's an argument for keeping the format, quite the contrary 🙂 

If you wanted to reduce the late reg bunfight and reduce the edge the adders-on have over those who are not rolled or else not aware that it's rational to add on, you could always keep R/As but reduce the addon chip amount to the same as the buy in.

That's the way addons used to be. It's just the poker providers migrated to double addon to make it even more value to add on (therefore increasing rake).

CommunityDraft.thumb.PNG.5b415b9e511f38353204da04978345a2.PNG

First draft of the proposed Community league. So far, the plan is for it to run from the 7th of March for 6 weeks. Some quick notes regarding draft:

- GTDs are subject to change

- Duration estimates need tweaked because I've not looked at past leagues but the formula I use normally overestimates so it should be fine if there are 100 entrants for example.

Feedback welcome, I knocked this up in an hour without really thinking about it 🙂

• Like 3

Poker Janitor

Banzai PKO should really have 10bb. Making it 20bb (or 16.66bb, as it says 20bb on title but that on starting stack) utterly changes the format. Those stacks tend to pile up a lot during first long level.

I would also make PLO not deepstack. It's action format and re-entries don't work well with pot limit and deep stack. Rather make Community Freezeout on week 4 deepstack.

Otherwise I like the idea of having 12 different formats and running times seem okay, though maybe cut a little bit to make them run 2 hours tops. 2,5 hours is decent, though.

• Like 1

schedule.thumb.PNG.db686859229f6338be6314821bec35e4.PNG

v2 of the schedule.

- League moved to 5 weeks from 6.

- 3 events on the first and last weeks

- Banzai is now "not a Banzai" so Farseer can't complain that I've ruined his favourite format. I made a new one 🙂

- Regular PLO is now 100bb starting.

- GTDs set based on current schedule, €16,500 for the league.

Reminder, durations estimates are based on €1 entries during the last league and are overestimates at that buy-in. €5/€10/€25 levels are likely to be shorter.

• Haha 3

Poker Janitor

Don't mind that this has grown to more competitive form but could we have 1 tourny per week towards original idea as these leagues are quite few and far between?

Lot of members has gone mia since original suggestion but maybe there still would be enough hangarounds who would like to play???

Friday or saturday would work for me, hide tourny to homegames without mention where pw is found and post pw here so more likely to actually play against community members. Just for fun more than xtra value...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Don't mind that this has grown to more competitive form but could we have 1 tourny per week towards original idea as these leagues are quite few and far between?

Lot of members has gone mia since original suggestion but maybe there still would be enough hangarounds who would like to play???

Friday or saturday would work for me, hide tourny to homegames without mention where pw is found and post pw here so more likely to actually play against community members. Just for fun more than xtra value...

I'm in for that original idea from you @Livertool 👍🙂

• Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

11 hours ago, Livertool said:

Can we not just set up a Homegame that runs every week with the same password? If it has no GTD random players are not going to come in so it wouldn't require maintenance. If you want to create some sort of leaderboard/league table around it then it could be community administered?

If that's what you're after then we can set that up today, just need date/time and structure

• Like 3

Poker Janitor

3 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

Can we not just set up a Homegame that runs every week with the same password?

Works perfectly for me 🙂

Lets try if saturday 8pm is good time to lure fish in. 5000/5 min so hopefully it ain't over before we blink, or if you have some data from other homegames what kind of structure makes around 10 player tourny to last at least around hour, use that.

21 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

If that's what you're after then we can set that up today

Can we wait for tomorrow before setting it up, just in case start time is bad for others.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Lets try if saturday 8pm is good time to lure fish in. 5000/5 min so hopefully it ain't over before we blink, or if you have some data from other homegames what kind of structure makes around 10 player tourny to last at least around hour, use that.Can we wait for tomorrow before setting it up, just in case start time is bad for others.

18 player, 3k starting and 5 min levels will be between 00:55 and 01:25
10 player, 6k starting and 5 min levels will be between 01:05 and 01:30

• Thanks 2

Poker Janitor

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

Works perfectly for me 🙂

I'll second that and I'm willing to do some stats or some kind of leaderboard, just for fun, if no-one else (Purps) doesn't want to. 

Anytime, anyplace, anywhere. 

giphy.gif.7b68f3ff04d9584e390913d0ea988047.gif

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, Andy-Unibet said:

schedule.thumb.PNG.db686859229f6338be6314821bec35e4.PNG

v2 of the schedule.

- League moved to 5 weeks from 6.

- 3 events on the first and last weeks

- Banzai is now "not a Banzai" so Farseer can't complain that I've ruined his favourite format. I made a new one 🙂

- Regular PLO is now 100bb starting.

- GTDs set based on current schedule, €16,500 for the league.

Reminder, durations estimates are based on €1 entries during the last league and are overestimates at that buy-in. €5/€10/€25 levels are likely to be shorter.

Final call for league schedule feedback.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Poker Janitor

8 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

Final call for league schedule feedback.

Why not at least 2 - 3 Tournies with a 4-6 hours duration?  There were people voting for a longer than 2 hour duration.

There are enough hexapro promos for none pokerplayers (just watch youtube videos what actually pros think about these tournies)

With longer duration  more skill is involved.  Stop changing all tournies to crapshot events.

1 hour ago, OTTO said:

Why not at least 2 - 3 Tournies with a 4-6 hours duration?  There were people voting for a longer than 2 hour duration.

There are enough hexapro promos for none pokerplayers (just watch youtube videos what actually pros think about these tournies)

With longer duration  more skill is involved.  Stop changing all tournies to crapshot events.

Good idea @OTTO. I dont look into that. If it possible tournamnets time 3-4 hours would be much better than hyper-turbos. We can start earlier 19:00-19:30 CET.

Veni,Vidi,Vici

14 hours ago, OTTO said:

12 hours ago, Ja-z-Polszy said:

Good idea @OTTO. I dont look into that. If it possible tournamnets time 3-4 hours would be much better than hyper-turbos. We can start earlier 19:00-19:30 CET.

The majority voted for something between 60 and 150 minutes which is why the tournaments are in that region. You have to remember that these will not be big field tournaments, especially at the higher buy-ins, so naturally their runtime will be shorter than regular tournaments.

Having said that, I think there is some room to slow a few down a little to give a little more play.

The Kick-Off PKO has had the level time changed to 6 minutes

The Expander has had level progression changed to 5/7/9

The Freezeout has been renamed to The Classic and level time changed to 7 minutes.

The Shortstack PKO now has 1 level of 40 mins and 6 min for the remaining levels. It's 2RE now as well.

sch.thumb.PNG.8f06ea0eefddd2e7e41192e07800589f.PNG

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

• 3 weeks later...