"Rake x, Get y" bonuses

chip

I've recently received Rake 3600, Get 360 and now I have two Rake 3500, Get 700 bonuses upcoming.

On what basis are you giving out these bonuses?

This "Rake 3600, Get 360" for example in my case is very hard to complete due to how soon it expires. I wonder if these "Rake 3500, Get 700" bonuses have the same 14 day limit.

It is frustrating to have bonuses that you have very slim change completing. Now my bonus queue is full of useless bonuses and I have to use my bonus points to cash game tickets with poorer exchange rate than playtrough bonuses.

• Thanks 1

Based on your historical data mostly. You have raked more than the required in the past (in a 14-day period), and it is not long ago 🙂

It is essentially added rakeback, but of course only if you manage to complete the wagering. I have made some changes since the latest sendout, which means the segment you're in will get slightly easier targets. 

I can remove the bonuses if you want 🙂

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an option to manually delete these type of bonuses (with a double confirmation box 😛) as if you can't reach the volume target it kind of keeps your playthrough bonus option blocked for 2 weeks.

I have one too, rake 500 get 100 and I wonder on what historical data this is based lol, doubt I have raked €500 many times before within a 2 weeks period but ok. I'm at 130k loyalty points, lets say 150k by the end of the month so 75k per month and now I have to get 50k loyalty points within 2 weeks? 😆 Not asking for it to be cancelled but will see how it goes.

I understand this is meant to push people in to playing some more volume but imo this has to stay realistic. Also, is this a new thing or a promo or something? Have I missed some info about this somewhere? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P0kerM0nk said:

@Stubbe-Unibet

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an option to manually delete these type of bonuses (with a double confirmation box 😛) as if you can't reach the volume target it kind of keeps your playthrough bonus option blocked for 2 weeks.

Yes, of course, I have added that to the backlog as well. Never been any sense in having it before, but now it is needed 🙂

2 hours ago, P0kerM0nk said:

@Stubbe-Unibet

I have one too, rake 500 get 100 and I wonder on what historical data this is based lol, doubt I have raked €500 many times before within a 2 weeks period but ok. I'm at 130k loyalty points, lets say 150k by the end of the month so 75k per month and now I have to get 50k loyalty points within 2 weeks? 😆 Not asking for it to be cancelled but will see how it goes.

I understand this is meant to push people in to playing some more volume but imo this has to stay realistic. Also, is this a new thing or a promo or something? Have I missed some info about this somewhere? 

Yours is one of the more extreme ones - unlike with OP I do agree yours is right on the edge of what is reasonable . Generally speaking, the less you rake, the higher the multiplier will be.

However, you have managed to rake such an amount before, and if we look at the last 14 days where you played, you are pretty close to the required amount 🙂 So while I do agree it's a bit high, it should definitely be doable!

The objective with these offers isn't to just give everyone an extra 10-20% free rakeback 😉 

It's an initiative we started a month ago or so. Just a trial at this stage. For now, we'll continue with it till the end of the year, and if proves to be successful, who knows for how long it'll continue. I'm making several changes to the formulas every week, and the most recent bonuses are the ones with the highest target so far (and next ones will likely be lower). Compared to a certain competitor with similar monthly offers, I think we're being extremely generous here, but they shouldn't be the benchmark either 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Compared to a certain competitor with similar monthly offers

I'm pretty sure who you are talking about and they make it atm much better. They give you whole month to hit your target and it's not 2-4x bigger than your biggest ever. It's about the same as your biggest ever. And they give you an heads up couple of days before it activates. For me it has been targeted to cash games only which is worse, but they don't push me to play more than I used to. With this they'll just keep me on their site. 

I understand that you want to grow, but removing/changing tournaments which are very popular is not helping it. If you can, just turn off this kind of bonuses from me as long as you're going to make significant changes to those tourneys without asking customers. I at least will reduce my volume a lot if 9-max bounties does not come back. I haven't played a single morning/day after that change on Unibet. It is honestly the worst change I could think of. There's basically only "Singularity" which is playable when multitabling between 6-15 AM (EEST) and that simply is not enough to get me open the software. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

I'm pretty sure who you are talking about and they make it atm much better. They give you whole month to hit your target and it's not 2-4x bigger than your biggest ever. It's about the same as your biggest ever. And they give you an heads up couple of days before it activates. For me it has been targeted to cash games only which is worse, but they don't push me to play more than I used to. With this they'll just keep me on their site. 

I understand that you want to grow, but removing/changing tournaments which are very popular is not helping it. If you can, just turn off this kind of bonuses from me as long as you're going to make significant changes to those tourneys without asking customers. I at least will reduce my volume a lot if 9-max bounties does not come back. I haven't played a single morning/day after that change on Unibet. It is honestly the worst change I could think of. There's basically only "Singularity" which is playable when multitabling between 6-15 AM (EEST) and that simply is not enough to get me open the software. 

That is just wrong. I mean, I can only judge it based on the 30-40 examples I have seen. 
Firstly, we never ask for even 2x the rake. I have yet to see a single case where a customer hasn't raked the required amount in a 14 day period in the recent past. It does happen though, if customer has 1 week with really high rake compared to rest, but it's less than 1.5% of cases and vast majority of these (80%+) it's more than doable).
Secondly, the competitor in question often asks for 3-8x what's been raked recently. And yes, we're talking about the same site 🙂
You're the second most extreme outlier in the entire database and won't receive an offer going forward.

Again, I can only judge the competitor based on all the threads and channels I'm following, when it comes to the competitor, but it seems like you're solely basing it on your personal experience and make wrong assumptions. I've built our solution myself and know that it's fair in more than 99.9% of cases and there's exactly 0 of the cases I've seen from the other site. Your personal most extreme example is 1.53x, so not sure what kind of alternative math you're doing

The MTT discussion belongs in another thread 🙂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Your personal most extreme example is 1.53x, so not sure what kind of alternative math you're doing

I believe everything you said there. But if you take away one day 30/09/21, which kind of multiplier do you get? 

That's just one unique day I raked on Unibet a very big amount, just to reach the next level. I don't think I played any other site that day. There's been couple big ones during Hexapro promos, but I don't think those reached the same level. So that's where I based my calculations. 

Otherwise, I really think that the MTT conversation belongs to any RB related conversation. I usually rake on every format. It's simply because I have the software open, I busto some tournament and I have space for a table. I'll open anything. It might be SNG, Hexapro, CG or Reactoonz. And if I don't have Unibet software open, it mostly likely won't be on Unibets site. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pionrj said:

I believe everything you said there. But if you take away one day 30/09/21, which kind of multiplier do you get? 

That's just one unique day I raked on Unibet a very big amount, just to reach the next level. I don't think I played any other site that day. There's been couple big ones during Hexapro promos, but I don't think those reached the same level. So that's where I based my calculations. 

Otherwise, I really think that the MTT conversation belongs to any RB related conversation. I usually rake on every format. It's simply because I have the software open, I busto some tournament and I have space for a table. I'll open anything. It might be SNG, Hexapro, CG or Reactoonz. And if I don't have Unibet software open, it mostly likely won't be on Unibets site. 

Then it'll surely be higher than 2x, but I don't have the data infront of me now. Ideally, I would drill down to a daily level, but it isn't feasible right now, and it won't change much either - as I mentioned above, your data really is a serious outlier.

It's not that I don't agree with you on the MTT topic - I actually agree - I just don't think this is the thread to discuss the formats, as it's all with Leo (who likely wont see this thread and we already got another one for it where he's active) 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

It's not that I don't agree with you on the MTT topic - I actually agree - I just don't think this is the thread to discuss the formats, as it's all with Leo (who likely wont see this thread and we already got another one for it where he's active) 🙂

Nah, this is enough for me. I asked him once, he straight up lied and went quiet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Is there an issue with the 14 day period expiry date as it said 14 days yesterday and I have not cleared anything yet so it’s  still sitting at 0,00% but today it still says 14 days… not that I’m complaining lol, think it would be handy if we could pick when to start it rather than when the previous bonus is completed. Otherwise you could play to 99% of the previous bonus and stop playing till it suits for a chance to be able to get the volume in. I guess. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

Is there an issue with the 14 day period expiry date as it said 14 days yesterday and I have not cleared anything yet so it’s  still sitting at 0,00% but today it still says 14 days… not that I’m complaining lol, think it would be handy if we could pick when to start it rather than when the previous bonus is completed. Otherwise you could play to 99% of the previous bonus and stop playing till it suits for a chance to be able to get the volume in. I guess. 

They are only supposed to be pending for 2 days, but there's a bug so they are pending indefinitely 😄

The 14 days expiry does work though. You bonus became active in the evening, so it'll change later today to 13 days (as mentioned before, we'll improve the expiry date display for these bonuses)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tomi22 said:

Hey @Stubbe-Unibet, I am gona unlock a loyalty bonus very soon, how is that gona get cleared with the bi-weekly challenges? Will I be able to unlock next bi-weekly challenges or the loyalty bonus will get in the way? Thanks in advance

@Tomi22 as the loyalty points race (and a bunch of other promotions) will start in December, I'm considering skipping the bonuses in two weeks, which would also give people the opportunity to complete loyalty bonuses and buy ones in the shop with their points.

• Thanks 1

@Stubbe-Unibet

As a side note, I hope these bonuses don't work in a progressive way in how they will increase the target over time, like now I am lucky that I was off work for a few days so I can put in some volume but if I get another bonus like this which will be based on my volume from now it will kinda push the target too far out of reach imo. I would already struggle to meet the target now if I was just at work during the week tbh.

Can't really make out from the few posts in here what the ins and outs are for these bonuses. Is this a trial of some sort maybe?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

@Stubbe-Unibet

As a side note, I hope these bonuses don't work in a progressive way in how they will increase the target over time, like now I am lucky that I was off work for a few days so I can put in some volume but if I get another bonus like this which will be based on my volume from now it will kinda push the target too far out of reach imo. I would already struggle to meet the target now if I was just at work during the week tbh.

Can't really make out from the few posts in here what the ins and outs are for these bonuses. Is this a trial of some sort maybe?

They don't. There's obviously a limit and we won't push for indefinite increase in rake. Next round of bonuses will be easier than the previous one.

Should also mention that we might skip the send out next Monday, due to the promo overload in December.

• Like 1

I would like to see a few changes:
   1. the ability to track progress more clearly and see the exact end date of the bonus. Whatever happened as I did with the first bonus, when I walked 2 weeks towards the goal and did not manage to win back less than 1% of the required amount.
 2. the ability to activate the bonus manually. Now I'm trying to fulfill the second bonus, I'm trying to the limit of my capabilities and I already have the next one hanging. Of course, you tried to attract me by doubling the payout 🤩, but you set such goals that they can be achieved only at 100% concentration, and I have not yet rested from the pursuit of the previous two bonuses. I would like to be able to take a break and start fulfilling the goal.

Appreciate the feedback guys. There will be breaks depending on the global promotions. I've pretty much decided to skip the next send out - don't sorry, they'll be back in 3 weeks. Also possible we'll skip one in January, as we've got both hexa and cash races (will depend on the numbers for the next 3 weeks as well as your feedback).

Agree 100% on the expiry date display. How do you propose to improve the "ability to track progress more clearly"?

Instead of manual activation I hope to get a cancel button added. Not quite the same thing of course,but solves some of the same issues 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

How do you propose to improve the "ability to track progress more clearly"?

"Points until target"?

I've been working this out manually but it's a fiddly extra layer of complexity. And I can tell you from experience of coaching poker players in the past that plenty of them have problems with percentages.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I still don’t understand if this is a trial, promo or a 1off monthly rake back bonus for everyone or what the requirements are etc. Or if there is a link to a page about this? Any more info? Thanks.@Stubbe-Unibet

Trial is probably the most fitting description. It's bi-weekly (has been so for almost two months) but as I mentioned above, there might be cases where we decide to skip a send out. For now, I believe we'll continue till at least March. Can't say if we'll skip the bonuses on more than one occasion, as it'll depend on the data 🙂 

21 minutes ago, marlini2 said:

so if my bonus is in queue, it is gonna be taken away on monday?

No, the bonus will remain there until you complete the existing one, due to a bug 😄 

2 hours ago, Pickleman said:

"Points until target"?

I've been working this out manually but it's a fiddly extra layer of complexity. And I can tell you from experience of coaching poker players in the past that plenty of them have problems with percentages.

Will see what we can do 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Appreciate the feedback guys. There will be breaks depending on the global promotions. I've pretty much decided to skip the next send out - don't sorry, they'll be back in 3 weeks. Also possible we'll skip one in January, as we've got both hexa and cash races (will depend on the numbers for the next 3 weeks as well as your feedback).

Agree 100% on the expiry date display. How do you propose to improve the "ability to track progress more clearly"?

Instead of manual activation I hope to get a cancel button added. Not quite the same thing of course,but solves some of the same issues 🙂

I would like to see the specific date and time of the end of the bonus xx.xx.xx xx: xx.
And also how much rake (points) did you play and how much you have left, and not a scale with percentages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1