Meet the new Tournament Manager

Leo-Unibet

A +1 from me for the UK Tour games. I play these games most evenings but they've now got very silly and are possibly unbeatable. I don't think I'll be playing them unless they change.

I'd generally prefer a decent structure rather than 3/4 minute blinds if possible but even if the blind changes have to stay the same, something in the structure needs to change.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Leo-Unibet also moans about Uk sats here https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/New-MTT-Schedule-Excel-file-link/td-p/111173

Also talking on twitch people are not enjoying the new hyper lightspeed turbo bingo series UK tour

the UO4 turbo structure is better than this, or even have something similar to UO2s

The last chance games you expect this kind of thing not the other games, not sure why the last chance in now a 2k stack that was fine as the only hyper 4 times a week

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Maybe we could have the UK live game in the same format, we can all save on accomadation and have a 3day event done and dusted and all be home for tea.

My slogan for the event.

Unibet UK tour blink and you will miss it.

🤣

I have a big problem with the touneys that i played and finish 1st. Id dissapearing sometimes and cannot find it again. Why there arent finished in the lobby for 24hours or more? For example today i won the singularity with the nickname flopel and i cannot make a photo for my challence. Anyway....not big changes...but i have to update with the news. Thanks and help me with this!

@Leo-Unibet @DavidP_Unibet

How about having a players choice MTT.

Each week take suggestions from community members with some guidlines too whats allowed.
Pick 5 of them and make them available in the client to be tested on a low buy in, then let people vote on the ones they liked or down vote the ones they dont like.

If any get enough votes they become part of the schedule.

Little bonus for the member that invents an mtt that gets added permanetly.

@Leo-Unibet i'd like to see a variation of the "Survivor Tournament" that MPN has, i had such fun years ago in those tournaments.

Each level, the bottom 10% of the field (by chip count) is automatically eliminated. If you survive every level, then you share the prize pool equally with all other survivors. Don’t allow your stack to drop too low!

We need more fun MTTs besides the serious ones. :)

Hiya @Leo-Unibet 

Welcome to the Home of Moaners as some one said... Lol

I hope you settling in nicely into your new life as Poker Tourney Manager. Congrats on the opportunity & I'm convinced you gonna make it & the poker on Unibet a huge success. Well done & congrats in advance Boss... 

I have to agree with what @jonny2192 said... 

This is a good idea I think, because players will submit there MTT ideas & they will get played & if one makes it into the schedule permanently, then it would be a tourney that the players like & if you keep doing that, slowly but surely, the Unibet poker client will fill up with tourneys that the players love, & eventually they will be spoiled for choice, because there will only be tourneys that they love.... Lol 

Also if a members tourney idea makes it into the schedule then it should carry his name or he gets to choose the name. Jus an idea. 

I also think @FreedoM had a good idea... 

@LeoUnibet i'd like to see a variation of the "Survivor Tournament" that MPN has, i had such fun years ago in those tournaments.

We need more fun MTTs besides the serious ones. /html/images/emoticons/Asset1.png

A couple of fun tourneys like he is describing would also be cool to play every now & then. I played in some of those & also had boat loads of fun. 

So, that's my 2c worth.... 

Welcome once again @Leo-Unibet, enjoy & make your journey fun &... show us what you really capable of... Lol

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@jonny2192 wrote:

@Leo-Unibet @DavidP_Unibet

Each week take suggestions from community members with some guidlines too whats allowed.

Pick 5 of them and make them available in the client to be tested on a low buy in, then let people vote on the ones they liked or down vote the ones they dont like.

@jonny2192 That is a quite good idea, stay tuned and you will in the near future find a tread from me regarding  this :-)

@FreedoM wrote:

@Leo-Unibet i'd like to see a variation of the "Survivor Tournament" that MPN has, i had such fun years ago in those tournaments.

Each level, the bottom 10% of the field (by chip count) is automatically eliminated. If you survive every level, then you share the prize pool equally with all other survivors. Don’t allow your stack to drop too low!

We need more fun MTTs besides the serious ones. :)

@FreedoM Unfortunate our great backoffice is not updated for all tournament variation, the Survivor tournament is an example where functionalities missing at this moment, that could be something for our backlog   

@LeoUnibet wrote:

@ArtyMcFly Thanks for your feedback! I will look into this and se if there is something we need to do to make them more playable

Thanks a lot for reading and responding to my rant and other complaints from the UK Tour regulars. I haven't yet had a look to see what changes have been made or are imminent, but I want to thank you for actually listening to our gripes. (Other sites' reps never seem to respond to negative feedback any more.)

I also forgot to say "Welcome!" to you in my first post. (I was downswinging hard last week, and completely lost my forum manners. Sorry!)

I hope you enjoy your new job, and I wish you good luck with building a schedule that's even more successful than the old one. Cheers!

like @FreedoM said , i also like the new schedule! More colors????? Hmmm...they could put one color for "singularity" , another for "wormhole"s and so on.....it can be fun!....also the tables when you play ....i need to can change some of them....to see better when i am in paid money or not :D

After few days of playing micro MTTs I must say that the new ones are worse in my opinion. The good thing is there are more in The New Schedule.

The blind structure is imbalanced :

4min ones turn into donkaments pretty quick

6min singularities are ok but the deep ones are maybe too deep - I managed too win one despite the fact that I was absent for 20 min and 40 hands :wow:  At the moment I reconnected we were three players remaining and the stacks till the end were ~30-40BB.

There are no 8-10-12 min ones at all 😞

Overall my main issue  with The New Tournament Schedule is the lack of enough normal 9 seat freezeouts(not that the old one had them). The test-freeroll with 8min levels was a good example.

Hi Leo,  Congrats on the new job and I wish you the best of luck.

I noticed for the new Sunday offering rebuys that a player can register until the end of late registration and then hit the add-on right away.  tbh I think this is a mistake.  The players that will take advantage of this are the ones Unibet doesn't neccesarity want on the site. 

I'd suggest cutting late reg off 2/3's of the way to the add-on.  Yes in the short run it will reduce the number of players as the parasites won't play as much... but the ones that do will be forced to play a bit and they undoubtedly will make it to the add on period so the prize pool will get more rebuys to compensate for less undesirable players.

I played the Neptula on the weekend and feel that it is too deepstacked to start for a rebuy and therefore players weren't forced to rebuy enough.  Perhaps starting the tourney with 5000 chips and make the add on 10k would prompt more action pre add on.  Perhaps the blinds would need to be slightly skewed but generally to increase rebuys it's best to have steep jumps prior to the add-on and afterwards slow down the blind jumps.

Looking forward to playing more MTT's on Unibet as the guarantees go up and more players take notice of the offerings.  All the best.

I don't understand what the issue is with people max lateregging? They're adding money to the prizepool, it's a good thing, no? Of course if there are overlays less players would be ideal, preferably just me and you and nobody else, but disregarding that I don't see the harm of latereggers. 

Congratulations on your new job.

Looking at the Sunday Majors I was disappointed that the €5 games were unlimited rebuys and there doesn't seem to be much in it for the microstakes player. A €5 rebuy is more like a 15-20 euro game and has the potential to obliterate a microstakes bankroll. 

It would be nice to see a €4-5 Sunday freezeout with a decent gtd for those of us playing on a small bankroll. 

I mean, flat payout structure is one thing. But sometimes its going a bit too far imho: 

ridiculous_payoutstrucutreImho.thumb.jpg.6a22555b21a8b519040b1edaa473cec1.jpg

If this was some kinda hyper turbo shovefest at this point, I wouldn't mind so much. But due to rebuy & addons avg. stack is at almost 60BBs & the tourney would go on for well over an hour despite 4min lvls. Makes it annoying to play for over an hour get 3rd or 2nd & receive same as 20th place o.O

Would you at least consider a different payout structure for let's say 110 - <200€ prizepools (everything over x,1 amount of buyins with a downscaling structure). For example 150€ Prizepool: 1st: 100€ ticket 2nd: 20€ 3rd: 12.50€ 4th:10€ 5th:7.50€ 

This way you would at least have the chance of profiting with a single-buyin w/o having to ship the qualifier, as opposed to just one happy camper and a bunch of break-even stevens and everyone losing who rebought and/or used addon.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

I don't understand what the issue is with people max lateregging? They're adding money to the prizepool, it's a good thing, no? Of course if there are overlays less players would be ideal, preferably just me and you and nobody else, but disregarding that I don't see the harm of latereggers. 

Agreed. I do have a major issue with bubble hunters who late reg during a hand where a bubble might burst but in general there's no reason to be unhappy with people late regging.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Late regging with this structure/chips has a mathematical edge.  You're buying 3 units of chips with plenty of time to play for the price to 2 with plenty of play left.  That's means you're paying 66% of what you should.  Where as a player who played from the beginning and who rebought could be paying 80%+ for his units. 

I could late reg for the advantage as well... but I don't feel right about making money off of loopholes. 

Archived