Meet the new Tournament Manager

Leo-Unibet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

@Leo-Unibet 

Great job with new MTTs shedule! As I wrote a couple weeks ago, there were some hyper-turbos called "Deep Crazy" in the old one.

In new shedule I found only "Garage Blaster" MTT with 25 euro buy-in and similar to "Deep Crazy" structure. But is it planned to add some MTTs with 2-10 euro buy-in and 2-3 minutes blinds increasing level? I miss hyper-turbos a lot. 

@yarik_gr wrote:

@Leo-Unibet 

Great job with new MTTs shedule! As I wrote a couple weeks ago, there were some hyper-turbos called "Deep Crazy" in the old one.

In new shedule I found only "Garage Blaster" MTT with 25 euro buy-in and similar to "Deep Crazy" structure. But is it planned to add some MTTs with 2-10 euro buy-in and 2-3 minutes blinds increasing level? I miss hyper-turbos a lot. 

@yarik_gr Thanks for the idea, I've brought back a variation of the "crazy" tournament to life. From tonight there will be a daily "€100 Deep Crazy Moon" running at 22:30CET, check it out guys!

Starting of with a huge stack but with mind blowing increase of the blinds, we'll see how the market will take it on.

Does everything have to be rebuy/addon these days though at lower stakes ?

Really way too many compared to the fixed ones..

I kind of doubt that this new tournament will be a succes with 100 euro prize and rebuy addon.

If you put 6 euro in it and u end up lower that 5th place, i see no point in entering it >.> sorry...  2 euro fixed would have been awesome

Sunday same story too :

Spectrum - rebuy/addon

Nebula - rebuy/addon

Cosmic Rays - rebuy/addon

etc etc

Just some general thoughts. 😏

Limited rebuys are quite alright, but having less add-on games would be more enjoyable, especially in the lower buy-ins. I understand that for many people and for Unibet it's a great thing, but I'm thinking that people with smaller bankrolls will never be happy about this option.

About the majors - why not have one every day and increase the gtd gradually - so the biggest game is on sunday, but others could be like a buildup to that throughout the week, starting from the smallest gtd amount on monday and ending with supernova on sunday.

Proposal - when a game is 9-seats, everyone should get in the money who makes the final table. I feel it's really awkward to have 6 paid places in a 9-seater.

I play mostly 1€ MTTs, occasionally 5€ ones, very rarely higher (unless I win some tickets for them). So for example - having 100€ gtd with a 2€ buyin is much less appealing than 1€ with a 100€ gtd and a rebuy option. 50€ gtd with a 1€ buyin feels like a waste of time. 

Right before the schedule change I got more into 4€ bounty games, but now the 5€ ones seem kind of expensive. And is there enough traffic in 2€ games even? Why not take it to the middle and have buyins go 1€, 3€, 5€ instead of 1€, 2€, 5€?

I mean, obviously there must be good reasons why things are the way they are now, but for me - some games feel like a waste of time and some games feel too expensive, which really wasn't the case before the schedule change. 

Something I do appreciate are the 1€ buy-in qualifiers to 5€ and 10€ tickets and I feel those games will become more popular over time, once the casual freeroll players see that it's a great opportunity to try higher buy-ins without spending the actual buy-in. 

And one thing I would like to see change is moving the big tournaments to an earlier time - mainly the ones that take 6+ hours - I assume the schedule is timed to fit the needs of people from uk/central europe timezone, but for eastern europeans, the games run often really late into night, so even 1 hour earlier start would make a big difference, especially when it comes to weekends. I understand that for work days you don't want games starting too early, but for weekends it could be considered.

Sorry, if some thoughts seem naive or stupid, I don't really think about these topics too deeply, I just like to play poker and enjoy the game. However I feel that the games/schedule themselves don't really feel as interesting as they were before, so some more tweaking could be done in the lower buy-in section perhaps.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your work @Leo-Unibet :)

Hey @Leo-Unibet

Really cool that you added the hyper-turbo :)

1 small remark that is needed to optimize this game and the player field.

This shouldn't be a rebuy (add-on is good tough). This game is already crazy enough, with rebuys it isn't fun anymore since no-one will mind about folding anymore since they can just rebuy :o And in this MTT, it's 10 times more important to build up a great stack asap. (So it's different than other rebuy MTT's :) )

I think it will be a well filled game when people will find out it exists :)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF wrote:

Hey @Leo-Unibet

Really cool that you added the hyper-turbo :)

1 small remark that is needed to optimize this game and the player field.

This shouldn't be a rebuy (add-on is good tough). This game is already crazy enough, with rebuys it isn't fun anymore since no-one will mind about folding anymore since they can just rebuy :o And in this MTT, it's 10 times more important to build up a great stack asap. (So it's different than other rebuy MTT's :) )

I think it will be a well filled game when people will find out it exists :)

@VikingsAF Good point, I've changed it to freezeout

@Ametrine wrote:

Just some general thoughts. 😏

Limited rebuys are quite alright, but having less add-on games would be more enjoyable, especially in the lower buy-ins. I understand that for many people and for Unibet it's a great thing, but I'm thinking that people with smaller bankrolls will never be happy about this option.

About the majors - why not have one every day and increase the gtd gradually - so the biggest game is on sunday, but others could be like a buildup to that throughout the week, starting from the smallest gtd amount on monday and ending with supernova on sunday.

Proposal - when a game is 9-seats, everyone should get in the money who makes the final table. I feel it's really awkward to have 6 paid places in a 9-seater.

I play mostly 1€ MTTs, occasionally 5€ ones, very rarely higher (unless I win some tickets for them). So for example - having 100€ gtd with a 2€ buyin is much less appealing than 1€ with a 100€ gtd and a rebuy option. 50€ gtd with a 1€ buyin feels like a waste of time. 

Right before the schedule change I got more into 4€ bounty games, but now the 5€ ones seem kind of expensive. And is there enough traffic in 2€ games even? Why not take it to the middle and have buyins go 1€, 3€, 5€ instead of 1€, 2€, 5€?

I mean, obviously there must be good reasons why things are the way they are now, but for me - some games feel like a waste of time and some games feel too expensive, which really wasn't the case before the schedule change. 

Something I do appreciate are the 1€ buy-in qualifiers to 5€ and 10€ tickets and I feel those games will become more popular over time, once the casual freeroll players see that it's a great opportunity to try higher buy-ins without spending the actual buy-in. 

And one thing I would like to see change is moving the big tournaments to an earlier time - mainly the ones that take 6+ hours - I assume the schedule is timed to fit the needs of people from uk/central europe timezone, but for eastern europeans, the games run often really late into night, so even 1 hour earlier start would make a big difference, especially when it comes to weekends. I understand that for work days you don't want games starting too early, but for weekends it could be considered.

Sorry, if some thoughts seem naive or stupid, I don't really think about these topics too deeply, I just like to play poker and enjoy the game. However I feel that the games/schedule themselves don't really feel as interesting as they were before, so some more tweaking could be done in the lower buy-in section perhaps.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your work @Leo-Unibet :)

@Ametrine Thanks for taking your time and sharing your thoughts, first of all I want to point out that sharing your experience is really not naive or stupid.

I really appriciate all kind of ideas and tips, we try to have a variety of different tournaments so we make as many players as possible having a great time at the tables.

As you know we can't please all players even if we want to, most of the time is the best ideas from the player community, so please keep sharing.

Thanks!! 

@psrquack wrote:

Hey @Leo-Unibet, is it possible to make the finishing time of the Unibet Open centrolls closer to the starting time of the €4 qualifiers? Yesterday I wanted to jump into the next level after reached a ticket via 20.10 centroll but the late reg in the 21.05 qualifier already finished.

@psrquack You find lots of daily opportunities to use your centroll winning

@LeoUnibet wrote:

@psrquack You find lots of daily opportunities to use your centroll winning

Let me try it again, becasue it seems my english wasn't good enough. There are 3 Unibet Open centroll tournaments(14.10, 17.10, 20.10 all CET), and 3 €4 Unibet Open €25 qualifiers (18.05, 19.05, 21.05 all CET). It would be great syncronizing the finishing/late registration period of those 6 tourneys that the €4 ticket winners from the centrolls could directly jump in the the next step €4 qualifiers. In my case I finished the centroll at 21:43 and the late registration period of the last €4 Unibet Open €25 qualifier ended at 21:23. It would be great if you could extend the regsitration period of the last tourney or set up 30 minutes later.

EDIT: the same happened with my Omaha freeroll. There is an Omaha Shooting Star bounty tourney wich starts at 12.45 with a 50 minutes late registration period. I just finished the Omaha freeroll and won a €1 MTT ticket. The gap between the late reg period and my elimination was around 7 minutes. If you could set up the Shooting Star bounty tourney at 13.00 instead of 12.45 then the eliminated players could use their tickets asap and shouldn't wait till 22.15 CET for the next opportunity.

@nekoneko wrote:

The centrolls usualy end in time.  And as he said if one lasts that long from time to time you can always chose the one later.

Which centroll are we comparing to which €4 qualifier? The first centroll is out of the game I think. The last is out of time too. So the 17.05 remains if I'm correct.

@VikingsAF wrote:

@Rushbie did it really last an hour? 

@VikingsAF

Yeah, it did :laugh:

And @Leo-Unibet, have you thought about changing the time into 2mins instead of 1, when the blinds level change?

This is now pretty much the only game, in which stalling and timebanking is crucial after lvls 1000-2000, because it gets immediately into a phase, where only 1 hand is played per level. Not sure it's a good thing.

Let's see tonight how the game flows when it's a freezeout, but imo this typeof games should be rebuy ones, cos it's whole point is to gain a huge stack in the beginning, and let the others fall to blinds rising.

Personally finished at the first money place after bubble yesterday, and that was because the ONLY reasonable winning line was to stall, and not too happy about it.

@psrquack

What stops you from buying into those tournaments with your own money? What is so bad about waiting a day or two until you can cash your ticket? I just find it weird that you want to change the starting date of a real money tournament because of a freeroll!

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu overall it is a good idea to sincronize lower qualifier end times with the start times of the target tournaments (preferably a bit early) , makes it more likely that the people that qualified will play it immediatly and keeps tournaments from cancelling from not having enough players. 

Also if someone plays the target tournament the same day as the qualifier he is more likely to play that same qualifier the next day. This matters less for freerolls but more for buy-in tournaments.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@WuDu overall it is a good idea to sincronize lower qualifier end times with the start times of the target tournaments (preferably a bit early) , makes it more likely that the people that qualified will play it immediatly and keeps tournaments from cancelling from not having enough players

Also if someone plays the target tournament the same day as the qualifier he is more likely to play that same qualifier the next day. This matters less for freerolls but more for buy-in tournaments.

Except for the fact that the same guy cannot use his ticket twice, meaning the "threat of cancellation" just moves to the next day...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@psrquack

What stops you from buying into those tournaments with your own money? What is so bad about waiting a day or two until you can cash your ticket? I just find it weird that you want to change the starting date of a real money tournament because of a freeroll!

This happens also in non free rolls and it makes no commercial sense as for reasons stated by @FeelsBadMan

@WuDu wrote:

What stops you from buying into those tournaments with your own money?

The challenge what I currently make.

"What is so bad about waiting a day or two until you can cash your ticket?"

As I mentioned above. I want to finish it with success and due to the limited target tourneys waiting a day or two makes it even harder.

"I just find it weird that you want to change the starting date of a real money tournament because of a freeroll!"

I'm a little disappointed that you only see the Omaha freeroll part of my post but ignore the centroll ones, but I'm trying to figure out it again. To the freeroll part: the gap between the end of the freeroll and the late reg of the real money tournament is so little (less than 10 minutes) that delaying the start of the real money tourney or starting a freeroll a little earlier or adding 10 minutes extra late reg would be a nice gesture to the freeroll participants. Unfortunately the next Omaha tournament which is eligible for the freeroll ticket holders starts almost 9 hours later and I think with a little flexibiliy we could make both side happy.

To the centrolls: I think a smooth satellite system pays regard to every participants. When you are in a paying session it's better to play the mass of the satties instead of waiting hours for the next step. Here we have less than 30 minutes gap and a possibility to late reg to the UK tour. I think it would be nice either changing the start time of the next €4 UO €25 qualifer satty to the €4 UK tour satty or adding a longer late reg period to the last UO one.

@WuDu wrote:

Except for the fact that the same guy cannot use his ticket twice, meaning the "threat of cancellation" just moves to the next day...

Having people to register (with a ticket) is not the problem, the problem is being there at the start of the tournament. Most of the tournaments that struggle to have enough players at the start get tons of late reggers that are a bit late, or a lot late + reentries. Adding 1-2 people being there at the start because they just got a ticket in a sattie could reduce the cancelling problem drastically.  

Archived