cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 20
Rank 20

When there's the bubble of a satellite and I basically have the ticket locked up no matter what, I just try to bust the really racist screennames, it's a hobby of mine Smirk

I am the doomswitch Haha

Highlighted
Rank 17
Rank 17

@LCW wrote:

confirmed unibet switches the doomswitch on for naughty usernames, so if u have one at your table just enjoy and take their money

really? I wonder how it works without affecting fairness amongst the other players.

I mean, whoever wins money from the doomswitched player will have an advantage (more chips) than the other players at the table.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

I added "*d1ck*" to the blacklist.

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

@LCW wrote:

confirmed unibet switches the doomswitch on for naughty usernames, so if u have one at your table just enjoy and take their money

really? I wonder how it works without affecting fairness amongst the other players.

I mean, whoever wins money from the doomswitched player will have an advantage (more chips) than the other players at the table.

He was kidding.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

I wanted to make alias next2meisgay  or fishinainteasy  or some other bullHeartHeartsHeart nicks ,so i can tilt people and get in their heads to play badly agains me . So by this definition someone will be offended by my nick, cmon people dont be so sensitive. Poker is a mind game so if some gets in your head that easy you should probably quit now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 20
Rank 20

@mirc wrote:

I wanted to make alias next2meisgay  or fishinainteasy  or some other bullHeartHeartsHeart nicks ,so i can tilt people and get in their heads to play badly agains me . So by this definition someone will be offended by my nick, cmon people dont be so sensitive. Poker is a mind game so if some gets in your head that easy you should probably quit now.

What? No! Poker is not about offending your opponent, if you sit at a live table and you start swearing at everyone or saying racial slurs or whatnot you will likely get kicked out. That being said nicknames with crafty little jabs at your opponents are funny and I don't think they should go on a banning spree over this, but some people just put their nickname as n-word or kill n-words.  There needs to be some sort of limit ... you want to tilt your opponent not just make them leave with their money elsewhere. 

Highlighted
Rank 23
Rank 23

@AdrianN_MP wrote:

@mirc wrote:

What? No! Poker is not about offending your opponent, if you sit at a live table and you start swearing at everyone or saying racial slurs or whatnot you will likely get kicked out. That being said nicknames with crafty little jabs at your opponents are funny and I don't think they should go on a banning spree over this, but some people just put their nickname as n-word or kill n-words.  There needs to be some sort of limit ... you want to tilt your opponent not just make them leave with their money elsewhere. 

I was really upset when you had JonnyCantWinAFlip as an alias when I had that bad run Smile

Aliases with a bit of friendly banter are the best.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

I genuinely think that being offended by any username says as much about your own character as the person with the problematic alias. I'd happily have no censorship whatsoever. That said, I have been known to boundary push my aliases from time to time so I may be biased.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
Highlighted
Rank 17
Rank 17

2016-11-13.png

I took his chips a little later.

-Eldridge Cleaver
Highlighted
Rank 17
Rank 17

@StartlingGrope wrote:

I genuinely think that being offended by any username says as much about your own character as the person with the problematic alias. I'd happily have no censorship whatsoever. That said, I have been known to boundary push my aliases from time to time so I may be biased.

White heterosexual males as me (and maybe you) has rarely any problems with this but every one else suffers from bigotry, racism , patriarchy etc on a daily basis. So I genuinely think that should be avoided here.

-Eldridge Cleaver
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

Added "*niggr*" to the blocked list.

Former head of poker @ Unibet