Finnish or finished?

To win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. To win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/24 at 18:45

Judgement day is upon us, tomorrow Wales away and then (hopefully) winner of Poland - Estonia in Hellsinki 🥶

I am way too biased to make realistic prediction of match, just gotta hope we can fight a win, maybe 0-1 or penalties... Won't be easy nor pretty but we got this thing called Sisu which has led to great achievements before so why not again 🙏 

I am actually more worried about tomorrow's match than possible Poland at home as away matches has been really crap for good while.

If/when we are going to lose, let it be fair and square loss and not ref screwing up or our own last minute bizarre meltdown, i've seen enough of those. Otherwise, in the end, if we can't compete and win against countries like Wales/Poland then there is really not even point to send team to Euros just to be tourists.

Squad is in quite good condition/form with only couple of absence, worst one is Taylor choosing his own career over national team and not coming at all. I somewhat understand it but social media gave him real shitstorm, claims of treason and whatever 😂 

Screenshot_20240320-1825393.thumb.png.5fd374fba90c2458052bb6524bed4ef6.png

13 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

we might be looking at a 2-0

Can't really arque with that..  until i put my blue and white goggles on 😄

If there are many players in our squad that don't ring any bells for average football follower, i think same can be said with Wales.

Screenshot_20240321-1008282.png.6f9f8af1882c272c0b40ed3bcfd974d8.png

Lot of them playing in championship, mostly Leeds. Sure they have some good individuals in there like Johnson, James, Davies and some in good form too but then again Davies for example has been lacking minutes lately, Ward is their only keeper with any minutes this season in club football (2 matches) so at least we have one clear advantage on the field tonight.

Like said, to me our biggest problem is match being away game. We should be able to keep lot more possession and when we finally get past half line, take our time to achieve at least freekicks in good zone or corners which are always potential scoring possibilities. Instead of doing those things we usually are in too much rush, trying desperate balls upfront against organized defense with success rate of slim to none. In addition, every minute we have ball opponent can't score.

Most likely, once again, we can create only 1-2 real scoring chances so finishing has to be perfect and if we allow more than one goal to Wales it is pretty much game over. 

Ok, poll is closed and community chose narrowly Wales as winners and we had also two boring haters.

I could accept vote result otherwise but wtf is this???

Screenshot_20240321-2008382.png.fc1c52c35df1f85ac58ed93d7cbdcd1c.png

I don't know if @Purps last name is Taylor but you have at least one thing common with him: TREASON!!!

You will soon receive one way ticket to you know where, enjoy your time in there watching their national sport:

pnPkBC.gif.1969af1910864aeb12364bae075e4bd2.gif

• Haha 2

Feel like Wales have few interesting players [Wilson, Johnson] where Fins still relying on aging Pukki. They are still hard to beat but i only see them winning this with forcing pens. Wales have holes in the squad and can be beat by anyone [Armenia] so it could be interesting. I rather we play [assuming Poland beat mighty Estonians :classic_rolleyes:] Fins, but tbh we play both Wales/Fins away so it will be tricky either way. Also i dont know if those playoffs are really worth to fight for, seeing what group in Euro is waiting. This could be embarassing for all the teams in this bracket :classic_biggrin: So yeah i would focus on stopping pacey Johnson and limit movement/shooting by Wilson and Fins could have chance.

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I'm not expert of Wales playing but surprised to see that D James ain't starting. Maybe not fully fit or saved to later part of match for fresh legs if match is still tight???

Screenshot_20240321-2105582.thumb.png.3574b9702a5202cc644e268e7c9b32a7.png

27 minutes ago, jerry said:

Fins still relying on aging Pukki.

Not many (if any) options unfortunately 😞

He still got movement to handle these matches (i hope) and he often plays well together with Lod. Pohjanpalo is crushing serie b but often lacking in national team, maybe i would have chosen Antman instead of him as starter but he too could be valyable at later stage of match.

• Like 1

A different experience tonight, for the first time ever watching a match on S4C, the Welsh language channel, with English subtitles. Why am I watching this classic encounter? Well there's the World Curling Championships as an alternative. 😬

• Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

43 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Well there's the World Curling Championships as an alternative. 😬

I was ready to start to search for curling, horse polo or what ever on alternative channel instead of watching 2nd half if it was 2-0 after 45 min but then Pukki showed some quality and still some light at end of tunnel.

Surprisingly open and entertaining football thou, probly that terrific start helped with that. Fingerd crossed...

Posted (edited)

Pathetic, maybe 2050 we have real chance to get into euros/wc again, if they increase enough the number of countries allowed to final tourny...and we find good enough coach. Kanerva started well but there hasn't been any progression of play in long time. Maybe we could lure in mr nosepicker 😄

At least this warms my heart and helps disappointment

Screenshot_20240321-2311492.png.9bcfcb3a01a2f798370ec81d7302b993.png

Edited by Livertool