Feedback on new bingo and issues with it not loading

lesley150

5 hours ago, Soner-Unibet said:

Hi Bingosis3,

Are you trying to access the bingo page from the following link? https://www.unibet.co.uk/bingo

Did you already try to delete your cookies since this solves most white page errors.

1. On your Android device, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Privacy and security. Clear browsing data.
  4. Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
  5. Check Cookies and site data and uncheck all other items.
  6. Tap Clear data. Clear.

tried everything. fix it please.. its defo a fault on ur end not mine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derekn said:

Are you still trying to argue and defend this take some responsibility remember it's a public service to to satisfy someone who has no clue about the game

I'm not sure what you're really on about here. I've clearly stated it's confirmed to be a network issue on our end 🙂

45 minutes ago, RRH1 said:

Note the lack of apologies from the company person ?

I am truly sorry about this issue and if it ends up taking several more days to fix it, it's not okay. 

1 hour ago, Derekn said:

It's quite clear to me it's been moved to a fmdifferent country hence why everything I try to load it it has to translate to English is everyone else like that too. Probably for tax purposes 

Product and servers are technically still the same and there's been no relocation. Development team is the same. Product team the same. Customer support team the same 🙂 

Bingo chat I've honestly not got a clue about. Maybe there's been some change there.

2 hours ago, RRH1 said:

This issue was reported two days ago, were the Staff on their jollies then ?

Thought this was a 24/7/365 site ?

There is no ChristmasSpirit and definitely no Joy without Bingo and having faith in a Company to put things right as soon as anything is raised. Having tried all your suggestions without success I feel you can show some empathy with paying customers instead of replying with inane comments ?

First report I can see was yesterday evening (25 hours ago or so). But I agree this could have been actioned faster.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

And just so it's clear: I don't work with bingo in any way. I'm the poker development/product manager. I helped out here, as people are away on vacation, and I've got a lot of experience with technical issues for poker.

Technically, I'm not even getting paid for writing this now. I'm here because I wanted to help you guys to the best of my abilities and because I do care about the Unibet experience as a whole 

Again, using a VPN would fix the issue, and you're unlikely to run into any issues, as long as you don't use a North Korean IP or similar 😄  It's just not something I can officially recommend.

Fingers crossed the network team will manage to find a solution before Monday 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I'm not sure what you're really on about here. I've clearly stated it's confirmed to be a network issue on our end 🙂

I am truly sorry about this issue and if it ends up taking several more days to fix it, it's not okay. 

Product and servers are technically still the same and there's been no relocation. Development team is the same. Product team the same. Customer support team the same 🙂 

Bingo chat I've honestly not got a clue about. Maybe there's been some change there.

First report I can see was yesterday evening (25 hours ago or so). But I agree this could have been actioned faster.

Oh for goodness sake, stop splitting hairs, 25 hours is two days ago in any language.

Pretty dismal customer service when it takes so long to rectify a known issue, especially when it’s a 24/7 365 days operation.

• Like 1

Professional Bingo Player.

If your not sure what I'm on about let me explain everyone and their granny says the old way is better but not you and you are still telling people to try different ways even after you admitted the fault is unibets its totally unprofessional whether your getting paid or not

4 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

And just so it's clear: I don't work with bingo in any way. I'm the poker development/product manager. I helped out here, as people are away on vacation, and I've got a lot of experience with technical issues for poker.

Technically, I'm not even getting paid for writing this now. I'm here because I wanted to help you guys to the best of my abilities and because I do care about the Unibet experience as a whole 

Again, using a VPN would fix the issue, and you're unlikely to run into any issues, as long as you don't use a North Korean IP or similar 😄  It's just not something I can officially recommend.

Personally feel you have made things worse by the suggestions you made, the outright defence of the company not being at fault, then backtracking on everything stated by yourself, mixed with inane comments such as “I can feel the Christmas spirit and joy”.

Think the only excuse not offered has been Murphy’s Law … but even Murphy’s Law doesn’t last this long.

What became of ‘the customer is always right’ … I wonder ?

Faith in Unibet has been severely dented due to this issue.

Playing Bingo is an escape from real life, a bit of fun with the possibility of winning something which has been removed through no fault of the consumers.

• Thanks 1

Don’t recall being consulted on any change to the tried and trusted format of Bingo. I am not a fan of the ‘new’ format on many levels, not least the absence of the traditional Bingo Caller - this ‘new’ format removes everything that playing Bingo involves, like being able to view all the Bingo Cards one has purchased. It is too much like AI in my opinion, it feels sinister to say the least.

Bring back the old format and put the ‘o’ back in “Bingo” instead of this Bing oh !

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Hi Stubbe. I'm using a VPN and it's not making any difference. Screen is blank and nothing loads at all. Same on your sister sure Bingo. 

Thanks for your help and can you just feed back people's comments on the new look bingo too please, it's awful 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RRH1 said:

Personally feel you have made things worse by the suggestions you made, the outright defence of the company not being at fault, then backtracking on everything stated by yourself, mixed with inane comments such as “I can feel the Christmas spirit and joy”.

Think the only excuse not offered has been Murphy’s Law … but even Murphy’s Law doesn’t last this long.

What became of ‘the customer is always right’ … I wonder ?

Faith in Unibet has been severely dented due to this issue.

Playing Bingo is an escape from real life, a bit of fun with the possibility of winning something which has been removed through no fault of the consumers.

Jesus.... What kind of parallel universe are you living in 🤣

Everything I've said in this thread turned out to be true:

• First post: I apologize (you missed that as well) that you're experiencing an issue and request for someone to try on a mobile device to let me know if it's the same there.
  • Second post: requesting constructive feedback that'll help the bingo team improve the product and make it clear "you suck" isn't useful. Also mention how I personally feel about the new bingo gameplay.
  • Third post: about community attachments (required new session for fix to work). Also appreciate the more constructive tone in the thread.
  • Fourth post: I make it clear it isn't a global issue: fact. I say it's isolated to a single market: fact. I speculate it might not even be everyone in said market: fact; some aren't playing from UK IP so we do se traffic. Mention it's likely a network issue: turned out to be true. Mention I can't say for sure it's on customer end: turned out it wasn't. Finally I explain how you can help with more details.
  • Fifth post: emphasize again that I can't say whether it's an issue on customer ISP end. Mention it seems like a network issue in just one market: turned out to be correct.

Not sure if you're confusing my comments with yours 😄 

The customer isn't always right 🙂 

56 minutes ago, Derekn said:

If your not sure what I'm on about let me explain everyone and their granny says the old way is better but not you and you are still telling people to try different ways even after you admitted the fault is unibets its totally unprofessional whether your getting paid or not

Either I don't understand your post, or you're mixing a technical issue with product feedback in a way that doesn't make sense.

Again, I don't work with Bingo. Again, I've highlighted the thread to the bingo team and one of the guys has replied here as well. Again, everything I've said about the new product (not related to technical issue) is personal opinion. Just like you're allowed to say how you feel, so am I  🙂

It's also not everyone that prefer the old way. A lot of the older customers definitely seem to have very strong preference for how it used to be, but it's also a fact it wasn't working very well. If we had just continued with the same product, it'd have died eventually. Did we then move from an eventual slow death to a much faster dead for the product? I don't know. It's too early to say.

The new product is, in my opinion, 10 times better for new players. I believe it's a lot easier to follow and understand what goes on, and I also think the transparency makes it more exciting. I understand we don't agree on at least the last part, and that's fine. We don't need to, and it doesn't mean your opinion isn't listened to (again, I don't work with the product, so my opinion isn't worth more than yours).

6 minutes ago, lesley150 said:

Hi Stubbe. I'm using a VPN and it's not making any difference. Screen is blank and nothing loads at all. Same on your sister sure Bingo. 

Thanks for your help and can you just feed back people's comments on the new look bingo too please, it's awful 

The bingo team will read the thread, so all the feedback on the new bingo client will be taken into consideration 🙂

Weird with the VPN, but should mention VPN IP has to be outside of the UK. If you use a VPN and choose a UK IP, you'll still have the issue, as the network routing and rules will be the same with the VPN.

Those that have helped with screenshots and generally just contributed in the thread, they will find 10 Santa Flip gold tokens in the poker client (you should see a link to the game in the lower left corner, when you open the client). It's mostly poker prizes, but top one is €1000 in cash (you'll need to win 7 flips to get there, and each flip is a coin flip).

• Confused 1

came back to check, i see bingo still not workin 😒😑

spent ages clearing phone, tryin different browers and apps but still nothing, just wasted alot of time cause obviously the fault is not on my side. please hurry up and fix it 😫😩🙏🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Jesus.... What kind of parallel universe are you living in 🤣

Everything I've said in this thread turned out to be true:

• First post: I apologize (you missed that as well) that you're experiencing an issue and request for someone to try on a mobile device to let me know if it's the same there.
  • Second post: requesting constructive feedback that'll help the bingo team improve the product and make it clear "you suck" isn't useful. Also mention how I personally feel about the new bingo gameplay.
  • Third post: about community attachments (required new session for fix to work). Also appreciate the more constructive tone in the thread.
  • Fourth post: I make it clear it isn't a global issue: fact. I say it's isolated to a single market: fact. I speculate it might not even be everyone in said market: fact; some aren't playing from UK IP so we do se traffic. Mention it's likely a network issue: turned out to be true. Mention I can't say for sure it's on customer end: turned out it wasn't. Finally I explain how you can help with more details.
  • Fifth post: emphasize again that I can't say whether it's an issue on customer ISP end. Mention it seems like a network issue in just one market: turned out to be correct.

Not sure if you're confusing my comments with yours 😄 

The customer isn't always right 🙂 

Either I don't understand your post, or you're mixing a technical issue with product feedback in a way that doesn't make sense.

Again, I don't work with Bingo. Again, I've highlighted the thread to the bingo team and one of the guys has replied here as well. Again, everything I've said about the new product (not related to technical issue) is personal opinion. Just like you're allowed to say how you feel, so am I  🙂

It's also not everyone that prefer the old way. A lot of the older customers definitely seem to have very strong preference for how it used to be, but it's also a fact it wasn't working very well. If we had just continued with the same product, it'd have died eventually. Did we then move from an eventual slow death to a much faster dead for the product? I don't know. It's too early to say.

The new product is, in my opinion, 10 times better for new players. I believe it's a lot easier to follow and understand what goes on, and I also think the transparency makes it more exciting. I understand we don't agree on at least the last part, and that's fine. We don't need to, and it doesn't mean your opinion isn't listened to (again, I don't work with the product, so my opinion isn't worth more than yours).

The Customers are always right unless the people providing the service can provide coherent reason why they can’t, in your case you have failed miserably.

Again, making inane comments like ‘what kind of parallel universe are you living in’ does not help your case. If you are a ‘manager’ the heaven help all consumers of this site. Your customer service is abysmal, to say the least.

Every post (except for yours) on this Topic makes perfect sense … the product is not producing.

The ‘new’ product is a gimmick, nothing more, it dilutes the game of traditional Bingo and takes away the limited control that players have.

Hope you understand, as I came here to play Bingo, not educate you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RRH1 said:

The Customers are always right unless the people providing the service can provide coherent reason why they can’t, in your case you have failed miserably.

Again, making inane comments like ‘what kind of parallel universe are you living in’ does not help your case. If you are a ‘manager’ the heaven help all consumers of this site. Your customer service is abysmal, to say the least.

Every post (except for yours) on this Topic makes perfect sense … the product is not producing.

The ‘new’ product is a gimmick, nothing more, it dilutes the game of traditional Bingo and takes away the limited control that players have.

Hope you understand, as I came here to play Bingo, not educate you.

For the last part of your message, there might be some truth to it, but perhaps that's just what bingo needs. For bingo to survive on our site, maybe it needs to be a little different from the competitors. As mentioned earlier, the product wasn't doing all that well before the changes. Traditional bingo has been a game in decline for years. Oldschoolers not liking it obviously isn't a good thing, but it's not impossible it's what it takes for bingo to once again grow 🙂

And as I've said before, the right people will read this thread, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. I just want to add a bit of perspective. Don't think it's quite as black and white as you make it seem 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

For the last part of your message, there might be some truth to it, but perhaps that's just what bingo needs. For bingo to survive on our site, maybe it needs to be a little different from the competitors. As mentioned earlier, the product wasn't doing all that well before the changes. Traditional bingo has been a game in decline for years. Oldschoolers not liking it obviously isn't a good thing, but it's not impossible it's what it takes for bingo to once again grow 🙂

And as I've said before, the right people will read this thread, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. I just want to add a bit of perspective. Don't think it's quite as black and white as you make it seem 🙂 

Beg to differ, it is straight case of ‘black and white’ - players come to the site to play Bingo and it is not working, all they get is a blank screen !

If traditional Bingo is in decline why are all the other betting sites still using the tried and tested method instead of this gimmicky ‘new’ format ?

Trust the facts will speak volumes and takings will be down with this ‘new’ format compared to the old and a u-turn is required.

And once again, you add inane comments such as ‘old schoolers not liking it’ when you have no clue as to what age anyone is ?

”If it ain’t broke, then don’t try and fix it” Give back the Bingo and condemn this Bing Oh to Room 101 !

2 minutes ago, Derekn said:

Who are you to decide what people prefer 

Not sure who you're talking to. I've made it very clear everyone's opinion is valid and appreciated 🙂 

Keep in mind I do have access to all product performance data, so from a data perspective, I do have a good idea about what "people prefer". 

My previous message was - as I wrote - to provide a different perspective. I don't believe it's so black and white. There definitely are good things about new bingo. That doesn't mean mistakes weren't also made and some things have gotten worse. I won't be the judge of that. You guys will 🙂

3 minutes ago, RRH1 said:

Beg to differ, it is straight case of ‘black and white’ - players come to the site to play Bingo and it is not working, all they get is a blank screen !

If traditional Bingo is in decline why are all the other betting sites still using the tried and tested method instead of this gimmicky ‘new’ format ?

Trust the facts will speak volumes and takings will be down with this ‘new’ format compared to the old and a u-turn is required.

And once again, you add inane comments such as ‘old schoolers not liking it’ when you have no clue as to what age anyone is ?

”If it ain’t broke, then don’t try and fix it” Give back the Bingo and condemn this Bing Oh to Room 101 !

But less and less players come to play traditional bingo. At one point, guarantees become too low and game goes from gradual decline to collapse. I'm not saying we were near that, but it's more complex than "copy everyone else or don't make any changes and all will be good". 

I don't know your age specifically, but I do know the demographic profile of bingo players and we obviously split data by dimensions such as age and gender 🙂