Captcha situation ?!

theStranger1

Gotta love the technical uprising against googlestuff, if companies can't do it, people will figure it out😄 🫡
Just saying if the captchacrap isn't because of company, but googles fault.

Edited by Rushbie

10 minutes ago, HardGain said:

Sadly also the notepad thing @Purps suggested don't work for me 😥

Did you edit the file path by changing to your username? Also make sure it's on the c drive. If the file path isn't correct, it won't work. The "solution" does work (or, you'd be the first one for whom it doesn't)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

43 minutes ago, z555 said:

I'm live on Twitch, trying to log in to this dumpster fire.

I watched a few minutes and at the start your commentary was quite funny. Once you started deliberately ticking wrong boxes just to keep the "fun" going I quickly lost interest. 😭

An interesting point you made is that these sort of things are used to train bots, so that they eventually become as good or better than humans, which begs the question "Why use them?"  How would anyone know whether it was a well trained bot or a semi-skilled human trying to log in? 🤔

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

41 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

How would anyone know whether it was a well trained bot or a semi-skilled human trying to log in? 🤔

One way you could do this is by throwing a curve ball.  99.9% of the capchas where (cars,bus, fire hydrant,crossing,bicycle, motorbike and traffic lights).  A well trained bot could solve these with ease. But every 0.1% is an outlier. (Like: parking meters.)  A piece of cake for human, but a complete unkown for the bot. 

I got bored after a while, but i did unlock the final boss message of captha. ( your computer or network is sending automatic replies, please try again later.) which locked me out for 15 minutes. 

• Haha 2

Both yesterday and today the captcha was unbeatable😟. I tried a simple trick and changed the local keyboard language to English and it helped both yesterday and today🙂. It may just be me, but it's worth a try 🤞.

This seems to be getting pretty high-tech but it's not.
Find any folder with Unibet in it. The common searchbar is very good.
right-click and delete this file. "cookies".
enjoy a brief moment of joy when the captcha is not triggered.
You're going to have to do it again next time. Everytime you launch the client.
Thanks Google. Good job. FU Google.
image.thumb.png.49053a66de4d9bad974ad1555970fb7f.png

image.png.794208614e831a85257224766968c52c.png

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:35 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

If anyone else is having issues with captcha, please do let me know here! We're struggling a bit figuring out just how widespread the issue is

I got this issue first time today. The captha never ends. I can´t get pass it.

17 hours ago, Purps said:

Cookie method seems to work. But indeed it has to be done every time you want to login.

If you want to make it as easy as possible, you can make a simple batch-file to do the clearing for you:

1. Open notepad

2. Add the following lines on it ( with your home folder name obv )

del "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Unibet Poker\cef\Network\Cookies"
start C:\"Program Files"\"Unibet Poker"\"Unibet Poker.exe"

3. Save to your desktop as UBcookiedelete.bat ( any name will do as long as you have the .bat ending on it )

Now when you double-click that desktop icon it clears the cookies for you automatically and then launches the client 🙂

EDIT: Added start command

cheers @Purps kiss x kiss x 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Purps said:

Cookie method seems to work. But indeed it has to be done every time you want to login.

If you want to make it as easy as possible, you can make a simple batch-file to do the clearing for you:

1. Open notepad

2. Add the following lines on it ( with your home folder name obv )

del "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Unibet Poker\cef\Network\Cookies"
start C:\"Program Files"\"Unibet Poker"\"Unibet Poker.exe"

3. Save to your desktop as UBcookiedelete.bat ( any name will do as long as you have the .bat ending on it )

Now when you double-click that desktop icon it clears the cookies for you automatically and then launches the client 🙂

EDIT: Added start command

Thanks Purps, and i made a little instructional video based on your post 😄

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1795403573

GLGL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:48 PM, mugmaster200 said:

are the motorbikes including people sat on them with helmets? and the traffic lights include the whole pole holding it up? 

Not on the rare occasions I've had to do them. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

First, let's have a moment to appreciate the surreal situation. Humans are now using automated batch scripts to avoid bot detection. 

On a more serious note, we could ask ourselves. Why?  Why is the captcha there in the first place?  It's placed after we type in the "password and user" but before we send that data to the server. 

In this spot, the captcha protects against two distinct threats,  Brute Force Attacks (BFAs) and Automated-Login-Threats (ALTs).

A Brute Force Attack is a hacker trying to guess your login and password. An Automated-Login-Threat is more related to people deploying poker bots or collusion software. 

Captcha has at least two mechanisms of protection delaying tactics and intelligence detection.  Delay tactics render brute force attacks impossible.  Intelligence detection mainly hampers ALTs. 

Captcha technology is useful in protecting client accounts and the poker environment. So why are we celebrating that Captcha can be circumvented with a single line in a .bat file? Don't get me wrong; solving a captcha before (re)entering the client is hugely annoying. And that's the reason why I stopped playing. 

But seeing a possible security vulnerability glorified as a workaround is mind-blowing. The workaround shows how easy it is, and was, to bypass Captcha challenges. Deleting one file is enough. I'm no expert in cybersecurity, but this looks clumsy. There may be deeper safety checks in the (login)-system; in that case, I'm worrying over nothing. 

Edited by z555
  • Like 2