FIFA World Cup 2022 Fantasy ( community league )

Purps

image.thumb.png.4c005e783682f2cdf72eec82dd460259.png

With less than 2 weeks to the start of the World Cup, it's good time to start planning your team for the official FIFA fantasy game 😀

Here is an invitation link to a private Community League: https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/ZTVPD2FH

Note that the player lists are not yet final ( team rosters will be finalised on 14th ), but should already include all relevant players. And you can always edit your team until the first kick-off.

Hoping to see a nice turnout 🙂👍

Edited by Purps
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I was looking forward to going allin on Denmark but limited to 3 players per country 😭

Be patient. In the final you can already have 8 Danes in there 🥳

Edited by Purps

1 hour ago, TheNotor1ous said:

Ayo this is looking cool. The deadline for being eligible for the prize is locking in line-up until first kick-off, right?

Yeah that is correct.

image.jpeg.709532fd880fd52ab7f7794272b5b2ef.jpeg

Very slim chances on winning since there'll be quite a few others to beat on the draw.

I don't know if you are new to the fantasy games, but these are quite fun to play and follow, and the bragging rights you earn for winning the community private league are of course priceless, so hoping to see you there also 🙂👍

• Like 1

Yea I've played the premier league ones before that's why I ask. Surely will join this one too chief.

57 minutes ago, Purps said:

Very slim chances on winning since there'll be quite a few others to beat on the draw.

Ik ik, but hey, if Magnus Carlsen can beat FPL then there's a chance for me. After all, great minds think alike 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNotor1ous said:

Ik ik, but hey, if Magnus Carlsen can beat FPL then there's a chance for me. After all, great minds think alike 😉 

I'm afraid a great mind won't help much here, as it's a random draw between all competitors. Although Carlsen level thinking may beat rng's too.

Anyhow, nice to have you in, and as I always suggest, please try pick a user/team name that's recognizable to everyone here, if possible. Much more fun when we know who everyone is. And of course a mandatory thing in case someone from the staff decides to throw some breadcrums into the game 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Purps said:

I'm afraid a great mind won't help much here, as it's a random draw between all competitors. Although Carlsen level thinking may beat rng's too.

Oh, damn. Thought it would be skill-based like the FPL one.

Yea, will surely join up one of these days. Under the same nick as on the forum. GL to all!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, Purps said:

Note that the player lists are not yet final ( team rosters will be finalised on 14th ), but should already include all relevant players. And you can always edit your team until the first kick-off.

@Purps

I have just registered. Could you help me where can I find  the goalkeepers? I dont' see Neuer, any goalkeeper from Denmark and so on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kamon said:

@Purps

I have just registered. Could you help me where can I find  the goalkeepers? I dont' see Neuer, any goalkeeper from Denmark and so on.

Unfortunately they seem to be struggling to get the player lists updated and there is a whole load of players missing, and there are also players that are definately not going to be in their teams. I haven't even done my team yet because of that.

Waiting for a confirmation that everything is ready, and will post here when everything should be okay... hopefully soon 😟👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozzyholik said:

So we won't have community competition in forum here?

I don't know. Jami mentioned on another thread that he would like to try something new for this World Cup.

I haven't heard a word from him since the Ice Hockey competition, which was like 6 months ago, so it's pretty safe to say that I won't be having any role on whatever may show up. I hope something does though and will go well... 👍

Edited by Purps

One interesting rule:

Once your captain has played in the matchday, you are able to change your captain once more for another player who is yet to play.  If you choose to change your previous captain, you will lose their double points and your new captain will score double instead.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff. There's 11 of us already, and everyone is with a known alias also. Thanks for joining guys 👍

Based on twitter, the player lists are probably fine by now ( haven't done my team yet ), so you should be able to go ahead and pick your starting teams if you haven't yet done so. This fantasy game version has had a lot of critique, and probably isn't the best free fantasy game there has ever been, but should still be something fun to do as the tournament progresses.

If someone is not sure what this is all about, you can have a look at the FIFA World Cup Fantasy page, before you click the link to join the link to join our little Community Private League

No more reminders from me, so good luck guys 😀👍

• Like 2

bump-animated-gif-1.gif.3a52b0ae2f37a0afaf0eded17fed244d.gif

I know, I know... No more reminders from me, I said.

But with just 4 hours until the first kick-off let's up this one more time.

12 of us now, which is nice, but could we reach 15? 🙂

Sadly not that many have wanted to share their ZeroRight picks, but maybe you have missed it or don't follow that thread, so I'll link that post here also:

It's looking blatantly obvious that there won't be any community promotion coming, at least not right from the start of the World Cup, so we will just have to entertain us with these free ones, and the more the merrier...

• Like 2