Jump to content

Monthly community poker challenges


Stubbe-Unibet

Recommended Posts

Had a discussion with @Seb-Unibet and he suggested to do community missions in addition to the community poker league - this way there'd be something for all game types. The challenges could become a monthly recurring thing.

The idea - at least how I see it - is to publish a list of 10-25 monthly missions, and the first to complete it (screenshot needs to be posted to claim reward) will win. Could also be missions with "Most xx" in which case you'd be required to do a weekly update on how many X you've achieved.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this: the mechanics and ideas for challenges/missions. If you've got other ideas for community promotions, this is the thread to share them as well 🙂

Just a few examples that came to mind:

  • First to get into a 25x HexaPro game
  • First to get a straight flush at a cash game table
  • First to lose 5 times with AA preflop allin (any format, freerolls excluded)
  • First to win an MTT with +100 players
  • First to manage losing 8 HexaPro games in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to manage 8 1.5x HexaPro in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to achieve a 30% "all-in luck" in gamelab

Each mission would have its own reward. The reward could be dependent on the stake it was completed at.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Had a discussion with @Seb-Unibet and he suggested to do community missions in addition to the community poker league - this way there'd be something for all game types. The challenges could become a monthly recurring thing.

The idea - at least how I see it - is to publish a list of 10-25 monthly missions, and the first to complete it (screenshot needs to be posted to claim reward) will win. Could also be missions with "Most xx" in which case you'd be required to do a weekly update on how many X you've achieved.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this: the mechanics and ideas for challenges/missions. If you've got other ideas for community promotions, this is the thread to share them as well 🙂

Just a few examples that came to mind:

  • First to get into a 25x HexaPro game
  • First to get a straight flush at a cash game table
  • First to lose 5 times with AA preflop allin (any format, freerolls excluded)
  • First to win an MTT with +100 players
  • First to manage losing 8 HexaPro games in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to manage 8 1.5x HexaPro in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to achieve a 30% "all-in luck" in gamelab

Each mission would have its own reward. The reward could be dependent on the stake it was completed at.

Hey @Stubbe-Unibet& @Seb-Unibet

I really like the idea of additional community missions. Great idea!

I do however think it's a good idea to at least make the goals somewhat achievable and related to a bit of skill/effort.

Some comments on the examples you gave:

  • First to get into a 25x HexaPro game (In over 700 games I haven't achieved this even once, so a pretty tough task :D)
  • First to get a straight flush at a cash game table (I like this one, it's hard but doable)
  • First to lose 5 times with AA preflop allin (any format, freerolls excluded) (hm, mixed feelings about this one, but it's ok I guess :p)
  • First to win an MTT with +100 players (A good mission)
  • First to manage losing 8 HexaPro games in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot) (Dont like it. It's super easy, but will basically cost the player 8€ to register, then just sit out of all the 8 hexapros. Just realised Im already on a losing streak of 7 in a row, so guess it would be an easy one for me :D)
  • First to manage 8 1.5x HexaPro in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot) (hm, it's ok I guess)
  • First to achieve a 30% "all-in luck" in gamelab (what? I don't get this one)

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also like the idea of additional missions, but I also agree the missions got to be doable without suicide actions

Im skipping all the regular missions this month, just because they are too risky for the bankroll and I really dont see that much value nevertheless what has been written before in some other topic

Edited by HardGain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Had a discussion with @Seb-Unibet and he suggested to do community missions in addition to the community poker league - this way there'd be something for all game types. The challenges could become a monthly recurring thing.

The idea - at least how I see it - is to publish a list of 10-25 monthly missions, and the first to complete it (screenshot needs to be posted to claim reward) will win. Could also be missions with "Most xx" in which case you'd be required to do a weekly update on how many X you've achieved.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this: the mechanics and ideas for challenges/missions. If you've got other ideas for community promotions, this is the thread to share them as well 🙂

Just a few examples that came to mind:

  • First to get into a 25x HexaPro game
  • First to get a straight flush at a cash game table
  • First to lose 5 times with AA preflop allin (any format, freerolls excluded)
  • First to win an MTT with +100 players
  • First to manage losing 8 HexaPro games in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to manage 8 1.5x HexaPro in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)
  • First to achieve a 30% "all-in luck" in gamelab

Each mission would have its own reward. The reward could be dependent on the stake it was completed at.

This is probably a joke. Tasks must be real "First to get into a 25x HexaPro game" 🤣

 

83.png

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool idea. The only problem I can see if that some of these challenges can be completed faster than others. Also people who play poker 12 hours per day will have an easier time do so than others who play less often.

It's probably worth to run a test round before committing them into regular challenges. You can adjust the numbers depending on the results.

Edited by Joco
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Joco said:

The only problem I can see if that some of these challenges can be completed faster than others

Reward wouldn't be the same for all missions, so not an issue 🙂

8 minutes ago, Joco said:

Also people who play poker 12 hours per day will have an easier time do so than others who play less often.

Will always be like this: more volume=greater chance. But with a mission like 25x HexaPro it's of course more random. 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Merenitsu said:

Here are some of my options.

1. The first one to reach 1000 BB at cash tables
2. The first person to win 5 sitgo in a row
3. The first person to play 10,000 hands

The xxxxbb at cash is definitely happening 🙂 5 SnG I'm not sure about how to prove in a good way with a screenshot (could be from transactions history I guess). 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea of doing something unusual in a row, like winning x in a row or losing x in a row to be rewarded .. also keep in mind that if its a monthly mission and the list only gets published on the 1st of the month, there should be a nice balance of how high that x in a row is because  an amateur rarely invests the same amount of hours as some tryhard. I think for some formats like mtt or hexa putting the bar lower should be good(like ur example win a mtt with over 100 players is fine) or get into a 10x hexa for 3 days in a row etc. But at other formats like sng or cashgames putting the bar higher should be good, reaching 1500-2000bb why not 🙂 or winning 10 sng in a row if its a monthly mission and the formats have action... cuz if its an easy to do 1day mission if some1 plays a lot, most of them will be done same day u post the list ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

This one should be considered, because player wouldn't have any option to beat this, just luck. This is not poker, but bingo.

There's a luck aspect to most of them. 25x HexaPro, AA losing, straight flush etc. That's how poker is 🙂

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stubbe-Unibet said:

There's a luck aspect to most of them. 25x HexaPro, AA losing, straight flush etc. That's how poker is 🙂

Please add the percentage how big is to achieve 8 consecutive 1,5 Hexapros without any other otucome. I bet it is lower than reach the 25x Hexapro once.

You should win the 56% chance 8 times in a row. I think this is out of frames of a smooth, fancy and fun promotion. According to your stats every 1000th game will be a 25 multiplier. I find achieving this very frustrating aswell. Just read Merenitsu's blog, he has waited for that multiplier for a year but never come.

https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/hexapro

I accept if you want to do something for high grinders is fine, but finding a balance between players for less activity and sharks would be appreciate.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:
  • First to manage losing 8 HexaPro games in a row (gamelab L2 screenshot)

This would be calling a match fixing in betting (rewarding someone to lose), and it's totally against common sense and ethical play so please figure out another challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, psrquack said:

This would be calling a match fixing in betting (rewarding someone to lose), and it's totally against common sense and ethical play so please figure out another challenge.

Already discussed earlier in the thread 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Please add the percentage how big is to achieve 8 consecutive 1,5 Hexapros without any other otucome. I bet it is lower than reach the 25x Hexapro once.

You should win the 56% chance 8 times in a row. I think this is out of frames of a smooth, fancy and fun promotion. According to your stats every 1000th game will be a 25 multiplier. I find achieving this very frustrating aswell. Just read Merenitsu's blog, he has waited for that multiplier for a year but never come.

https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/hexapro

I accept if you want to do something for high grinders is fine, but finding a balance between players for less activity and sharks would be appreciate.

There's not much fun about it if half the monthly missions are completed within 24 hours. They have to be somewhat difficult, but we'll of course try to find a balance that we think is right.

25x and the 1.5x are very similar. 

This will primarily be a promotion for people putting in some volume.

  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

 

25x and the 1.5x are very similar. 

 

Ok, so both parts 1, reach 25X and 2, reach 8*1,5x in a row would cost 1K each on the lowest field(€1 buyin) if everything runs around EV (€2000 for both), but it could be 1k if someone could manage the 8*1,5 during the 25X run. Ambitious plans, hopefully the rewards will eager many of high rollers to play it. GL.

Edited by psrquack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Ok, so both parts 1, reach 25X and 2, reach 8*1,5x in a row would cost 1K each on the lowest field(€1 buyin) if everything runs around EV (€2000 for both), but it could be 1k if someone could manage the 8*1,5 during the 25X run. Ambitious plans, hopefully the rewards will eager many of high rollers to play it. GL.

Another way to look at it: it'll cost exactly €0 as some players will complete them without putting in additional volume and it can also happen in 50 or 20 games as well - it'd mostly be a reward for being active on here AND playing high volume. Have to be pretty terrible to lose 1000 games in a row - even I can't manage that 🤣 -  and even then it would not "cost €1000" due to rakeback. With 0% rakeback it'll cost you €68.53, if you're breakeven pre rakeback.

  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...