Chasing UOS treasuries Blog

Estzen

F the peace. You are again cherry picking @Estzen. Telling that you are a bankroll not, having a (public)Average BIN under 5d and now telling that the 10d sample size is not big enough. Of course it is not, when you don't play those. Maybe because you're not a winning player there? 

Go in to yourself. Your self awareness clearly is not in such level as you think. 

• Haha 1

Since your already doing that, could lay out $5 ones as the 10s are super scewed there, I dont even remember much of playng these and the one sheet you show is like 2021 in January , I have no idea why these games are even there. Ive never played these 18s much, but have started to chill in these just on some of my "free days" and so on. But I dont hard grind them. @WuDu if you want to , u can message and play 2gether for the fun of it . 

2 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

F the peace. You are again cherry picking @Estzen. Telling that you are a bankroll not, having a (public)Average BIN under 5d and now telling that the 10d sample size is not big enough. Of course it is not, when you don't play those. Maybe because you're not a winning player there? 

Go in to yourself. Your self awareness clearly is not in such level as you think. 

We can play them , do you want to? 😄 

12 minutes ago, Estzen said:

We can play them , do you want to? 😄 

I have no problem playing any format of this game. I know for sure(and have pretty reliable evidence too) that I'm a winning player up to 200NL/PLO and tourney's of 100d. And I'm kind of a fun player still, as my income doesn't relay on Poker anyway. The only thing I demand is that has to be between 06.00-20.00 CET. I like to sleep at nights 😄

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Wasn't it some comnunity tourney? I think you had kings but yourstruly showed superioty with ace. And there is lesson to learn, fin dude always wins german one 🏇

You might be right. I got kicked out twice as a favourite in early 2021 out of community promo tournaments/Neptune. Once against #0lucky with AK vs A7o and then against you with KK vs AJ. Both times all-in preflop and you two bingo eskimos called and lucked out...:classic_angry:

And now we're on to Brocky-style challenges as if that would prove anything...

@Estzen on Wednesday:

image.png.d0d726cbc4484cf8d1d5ab9c82d9937e.png

@Estzen today:

image.thumb.png.bdbb5a66360b380ae4dbca9b4d1cea0f.png

1 hour ago, Estzen said:

$5 dollar 18men are just for fun, and I play them usually only for time flow, I think 124 games is a bit shallow size to say much and I dont grind them to specialize, I could play clearly higher with my roll, but I just dont. I have no idea what my overall size would be there, and I highly doubt I would be losing at micro sngs lol. But OK. 😄 @WuDu

A lot of hypothetical statements and excuses.

• Yeah, I'm a bankroll nit, but I just like to donk away 5 $ at a time on games that take around 1 hour if you reach the HU.
  • I could play higher, but playing the 7s and the 15s yielded worse results.

1851873-John-F-Kennedy-Quote-Victory-has

Facts are: 129 times you finished ITM, you played 612 SNGs between 2 and 6,99 $ at PS. To me that sample is big enough to draw conclusions at that level.

image.png.966e67fb7d6c793ec8eef4c43044e143.png

Again, I'm not questioning that you're winning at other games or have good results playing donkaments, however if your theoretical knowledge were as great as you suggested here a few times, these games would be easily beatable.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Even If I wouldnt play today the Anniversary leaderboard should be settled, since 25th has 36 points, and I have 61 with being 4th. But We will be playng for sure. 

Yesterdays recap:

Didnt get much out, than bounties. 

Game 1 Anniversary 6k:

image.thumb.png.a79bdb6020d1ba68613369f75dd3f6e5.png'cant do anything in here:

image.thumb.png.abfbd3675af10f679013d2f590d3b0a7.png

image.thumb.png.d407e571ac6c77abb8f5f12201e91da4.png

Game 2 Anniversary 4k:

Got pretty deep, but ended there

image.thumb.png.ef7134ba5f25da5019f0cfa2f13971a2.png

image.thumb.png.03d00dacef52e3a542ed35232158493c.png

Left me with 3 BB which didnt help to get me back anymore. pre-jammed CO opens I jam and Lotto rejams. I had like 11 eff. 

Game 3 Anniversary 2k:

This one was the most UL in the sence that its almost FT bubble 😄 

image.thumb.png.fb26ab7d95c94bf955c9096231d4676b.png

And here the AK just didnt get there, I had 8 BB at that point. He opened 66es. And got me which was of course very good for him there. I've started to see REGtoREC in many deep runs too, seems like he has got some click some time ago. Wasnt so much occuring before so shout out to him too! 

image.thumb.png.277f1932a9b6d0f210a754abc56d073b.png

Today will be the last day so - will be an intresting fight.

Edited by Estzen
Bolding the 3rd.
  • Like 1

So guys heres the story. From a good point of view - Im 2nd in the Anniversary Leaderboard, and it gives me the ability to play Supermoon at some week... sadly it doesnt matter who's 1st or 25. But anyway. Maybe some might be thinking also, that the Bounty leaderboard is just for fish and only people who gamble will get there. While, there are certainly people who probably did so, I think there is 2 parts how to get higher to the there. 

One is probably doing rebuys - even tho at bountis when there is chunck of the field gone - we should not rebuy anymore. Yesterday day I ruined my Hyper- tho with not realizing that I should jam and get rid of my stack and get normal stack fast again by rebuy... Instead ... I sticked with 800 chips ... which later on showd that it wasnt a good decision. 

2nd is not rather gambling(cuz it wont be as consistent even tho can give you hits) , but rather the abilities to play bounties correctly. In ICM there is a thing we call Risk Premium - the higher the RP the tigher we wanna be, and that RP is something that discounts our equity. So when in a certain situation specially like when 2 bigger stacks go each against themselves, their RP is much higher and if you have say 52% equity in some hand lets say AK vs 77s or smth .. then with RP added, you kind of discount your equity in terms of payjumps and chip interactions. so its not 52% anymore its m maybe 45%. Why am I talking about that? Im talking about that because Bounty value in a nutshell, is the exact opposite of ICM RP. Its like "Negative Risk-Premium" For instane when everyone in the start have 1 Bounty value and 1 stack value(starting stack) - with everything in the start, it already is 5% added value. So when you have a hand that say wins 43% it may be an easy call, cuz you only need 45% to be winning, but now you need only 40% to be winning! Because of the bounty. <- so because of that dynamics, some ranges can be VERY LOOSE. at the same time, people put too much weight on bounties at final tables and sometimes I forget this myself too. Even tho bounty ranges are wider in FT than in Normal, they are still often alike - very tight. 

Due to all that bounty interaction it makes the game a lot diffrent, and most people are still playng bounties as normals where their losing value even tho can be played profitably like that too ofc. And you certainly dont have the higher varience, since you are not making these -EV calls that are +EV calls in the bounties which skyrocket the Bounty Varience if played correctly. I think most people who got to the leaderboard were guys who knew some stuff, or just happened to make some correct decisions rather than mindless hunters, because my prediction would be that these mindless hunters probably would be too insane to remain consistency.

One of the things also that sometimes matters in table dynamics is, the people to your left and how much they 3bet. If they are nits and almost never 3bet. You can basically open your A5o to play it against the BB with some frequency if their passive and you cover. Its also very important that you also take into account that if you have a bounty and people cover you, you cannot shove your like "loose normal range". 

I hope this mumbling helped some community member a small amount. I really liked the Anniversary events and will look forward to next UOS. But work has to be done these days, because from this weeks point Im down like €1000 in total. So I need like a Neptune win or something xD. 

Leaderboard Conclusion:

image.thumb.png.bcdb1295e188a463b172b1f697685d31.png

Game 1: Anniversary 8k. Really unfortunate, I was almost ITM and decided to "go broke or get it all" and Jammed my AJs. which later I thought that with Suited combo could have easily just called due to ICM effects, 20 effective, but at the same time.. wasnt probably a -EV jam, but yea... from hindsight... that freaking sucked.

image.thumb.png.c5afcefe28191b758b601c5e27d2c14a.png

Game 2 Anniversary 4k:

image.thumb.png.ed9af63a4c568bf481ea9cec605dc43d.png

Game 3: Anniversary 2k:

image.thumb.png.0d82f87e46a6477343eb18a67944aefe.png

Game 4: Anniversary 2k Hyper:

image.thumb.png.aecb5bcfa55453ea583aa8fa8d6bc803.png

So the in the 8k hand: 

I also calced by bounty value, now when writing this blog so if it wouldnt be bubble, its actually pretty close to normal, so if it wouldnt be near bubble, people probably would only look the €44 eur bounty and call off wider than they actually should. Which in their part would be a mistake - which makes a jam a bit better probably? But yeah in terms of ITM, I was a bit stubborn there, even tho it would give good FT EV... to me. I jammed, was against 66es and there we go.

image.thumb.png.2902927ef7b1a266a976e70ce6281686.png

image.thumb.png.3e56b3865a18af73a2e3c437f16ea54d.png

Yesterday also had a really crazy hand where it was something like KK vs TT and one guy had blocked Tx with JT on his small stack multiway or maybe he showed, anyway we saw the JT and it still got the 1outer on the river 😄 . Well what an we do xD. Till the next Unibet Event games!

Edited by Estzen
changed wording in a sentence
  • Like 2

There is more value in winning an event than playing for the LB no? Playing the highest variance style possible to get lots of bounties over picking spots and going deep seems like it would result in less profit overall? I've only thought about it for two minutes so there may be a reason to focus on the LB but to me I'd be trying to win the events first and collect the bounties second.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

6 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

There is more value in winning an event than playing for the LB no? Playing the highest variance style possible to get lots of bounties over picking spots and going deep seems like it would result in less profit overall? I've only thought about it for two minutes so there may be a reason to focus on the LB but to me I'd be trying to win the events first and collect the bounties second.

By LB you mean what?

4 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

Leaderboard

Oh of course, in terms of leaderboard, its very low value and I was already gained points enought to be 25th even if I wouldnt have played any events yesterday I gues. 

Playng the highest varience vs playng it less would make less profit long run by higher varience plays?

No its actually the exact opposite and thats why PKOs are so swingy. Thats what makes them swingy! Because, you make +EV calls that also need pretty good runout for you... but since the calls themselves are +EV, in the end you will make more money and actually lose value by NOT MAKING THEM. Dont forget, that the math already assumes that its longrun, so it will make more money and cannot make less money by doing so.... however, in shortterm, it can be a bitch... a big one. Certainly more swing than playng normals, but in the end PKOs make more money than Normals because people make more and bigger mistakes in them. Getting 250 Supermoon ticket is pretty small value in terms of that. The leaderboard was like a satellite and not like MTT 😄 So in that sense, there was no point to push... but in terms of varience... I mean if its +EV call or +EV jam.. I really dont care 😄 or try not to care about losing the game. 

But there is a twist to that and like I stated, in Bounty FTs people make big errors, with calling down bounty values because "I get same value by 2 places" <- because they dont take into account that, 1st place pays double with your own bounty and you will potentially lose the possibility to cover people etc. So there many sims where surprise surprise, its like TT+ call-off lol . 

Gotta adapt a lot into these 10 18mens , because its a good challange and right now, Im a bit too loose in these games. I find myself making very basic errors which annoys me. And their good games, good value for getting it much better. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 12:01 AM, Estzen said:

I decided to write it down. Im not so keen to do it, but I thought, for the sake of activity for Unibet Community, I will. Its not so active forum, before I only visited it when reporting some bug or issue. Its a small number of more active chillers here who have taken the time. But it will be fun. 

For recent week, I have only played small and much more casual, since Ive had so many hours in game that it almost feels like burn out. After breaking with a friend, it felt a wise time to take it all off and focus on more purely studing. 

I probably play most of the 10s, and some of the 25s and more, depends how the rollercoaster goes. Maybe sat something the higher ones too. I probably wont be taking my time to reg nanos, but who knows. Since BlackFriday took away some of my roll with stuff I bought, I have to be a bit cautious not overloading myself with shots. In General I will documenting game results here. 

About some background:  I discovered Poker in the end of 09 or something later. I dont remember the exact date or year. Back the SNGs were a big thing. I have played cash, but quickly realized that its easier to learn from tournaments since you get more hands volume cheaper and lesser losses. Even tho I ended up winning some SNGs and an occasional MTT, I was a loser probably at least 2 years or a bit more. After taking stuff more seriously I started to get things together, but ended up withdrawing too much and not adjusting games after withdrawls. When I got my child, I quited. I hadnt played almost to none, till 2020 May, I started it all over again - it was one of the best decisions of my life. For that on, I have worked my butt off at the tables and my life kinda consists of poker and free days. 

Lets see how the UOS goes!

Lets go

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Just gonna make some quick post. 

In general I played almost every Mid and Low UOS tournament there was. Few High ones, one went deep, but didnt make much of it. Mid tournaments went mostly south this time - One final table from Mid tho, the last 2day Supermoon event- with 3rd. Low events were running pretty good, but their insignificant - I even played some 2 euro events just for the points. I used satellites maybe one or two times, but for sure not over 5. Apparently just after some live wins, the downer is keeping I guess. I may post pictures tomorrow if I have more time- but atm not really taking much into it since Im fully preping for 1k event and its gonna need all the attention. Just studing deep stacked spots more and all that kinda stuff. Have been really away from this place here, since it felt at some point that, it just hinders focus and there is no point to argue so i just left. And will probably be in the future also, only posting for UOS and disengaging for other things since it really doesnt help amd poker does need a lot from. What was a bit dissapointing was not winning the Mid Supernova, since it would have breaked me even from recent stuff at Unibet and winning 400 from it was just a good small chunck, and I still lack the Mid-avatar - So in that terms its sucks. I loved the 2 day events the most I guess, probably logical also that the more post-flop edge a format gives the better it is for people who study theory. 

At June, there were pretty intresting improvements. And Ive thought a lot about boards where we are checking back a lot. Its pretty insane, that specially in deep stacked EP vs LP situtations there are boards where things are not just mixed, but entirely checking whole range. And Ive not been the guy who goes with some 100% cbet lines for a long time, but its still surprising to find some checking spots where even much better players are making mistakes in. 

I played some of these 10 turbos also, but have not been taking these up lately since there hasnt been so much focus on it. But it was good to take them up from time to time and I guess I sometimes will do. One of the leaks there that I had in start of that is opening a bit too much cEV ranges and ICM matters a bit more there than normal. And it also seems that due to stack values in that format, min-raising is more beneficial. Still too small sample size tho to really say anything. 

Anyway, Poker is a hard game which takes a lot of effort to put in. There is a lot to go for. See you guys at the tables. image.png.9858f80c09594d461d5bd2a434d55370.png

• Like 6

18 hours ago, AbvUrPlayGrd said:

Poker is probably the most frustrating game on earth, where you can do everything "right" and still lose and everything "wrong" and still win.

To me , chess seems more intense when properly studied and feels a lot more on razors edge and exhausting mentally - sucking the life out of you like a deatheater.. but Poker, its a lot to do with attitude, and understanding stuff... its a bit easier when you know whats realistic and whats really going on. I think sometimes, people just overestimate their stuff and really think that they shouldnt have these coolers, while its insignificant. Stuff seems significant when emotions are very high. The answer is not callousness, with simple suppression and making same mistakes still, doesnt solve the problem. If theres anything that gets stuff better is taking time off and learning. 

Edited by Estzen
  • Like 3