When does Unibet settle election winner bets.

maskinjegern

I dont care whatsoever. But be aware that its unibets own funeral, if you refuse to change the bets for calling it too early. When the presidential elections has not yet been called off. And Biden has not been declared the official winner yet. Only the electoral collage can certify a winner. So calling it already just because MEDIA with their OWN projections calling Biden the winner. Is highly irresponsible of unibet. You will have absolutely 0 credability left as a betting site if the electoral collage turns around and certifies Trump as their re-elect. Just be advised that i will be filing actual charges against unibet if that happens, and unibet refuses to correct its own mistake. You can count on that.

• Like 3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Robpotz comparing those two situations is extremely silly and shows a lack of understanding of basic state law and election figures. Maybe you're just trolling by trying to mimic Trump's rhetoric - in any case I'm out of this thread, it's just too much :D

If you've bet on Trump, it of course sucks, but there's no way you'll win that bet, and you should remove your MAGA hat and try to look at it objectively.

NB my replies in this thread are just my own personal opinion.

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Like I said, I was commenting on bets that were settled as they should. I will not comment on anything else, and this conversation will not turn in to an argument about that. If we have offered a bet that will be settled once AP has "announced" a winner, that's how they will be settled. The bets that are settled since one candidate has been "projected beyond reasonable doubt" (Again, I can verify this but I think that's how it is now) are settled because of that. 

But it is not efficient to argue about this, we will have to wait and see.

• Like 2

Really? It has already happened before, but you all seem to gleefully ignore that fact for some reason. Maybe because you bet on Biden and know whats coming. I find disrespectful however towards both parties who bet. To call it this early. And no i am not trolling in any way. I am dead serious. Pennsylvania hasn't even been officially declared as of RIGHT now. And its so close within treshold that it will go towards a recount no matter what. I'm not going to lose my money just because unibet chose to use poor sources. As of right now there is a high degree of doubt. But i wont waste any more time on this. I'll wait until its official, and when it is. I'll come back.

• Like 2

Way too early to call for Unibet, totally irresponsible as media have been way too early to call, while expecting recounts and lawsuits regarding the election. I do not think people would be too happy if they didn't get their money for the bet if the outcome of the election will be different than currently being projected. It says they would call it when it is "beyond reasonable doubt". With pending lawsuits and recounts, most likely even going to the supreme court, this election is far from over and way too early to tell who will win. It is far from over, and therefore a very poor choice by Unibet as there is a possibility that it will affect those who will have it right in the end. Serious business!

• Like 3

No evidence of cheating? In 2016, Hillary Clinton claimed that the election was stolen from her. In 2000, Al Gore disputed the votes (at least I believe it was Al Gore without looking it up). Heck, I even heard that Jimmy Carter claimed voter fraud at some point.  

In other words, previous democrats claimed voter fraud, but this time, there's absolutely NONE? Come on...

• Like 3

@Robpotz wrote:

Really? It has already happened before, but you all seem to gleefully ignore that fact for some reason

Because that simply isn't true. There has never been such a huge difference in a state where a recount changed the outcome. And here we're talking many states.

@Robpotz wrote:

Pennsylvania hasn't even been officially declared as of RIGHT now. And its so close within treshold that it will go towards a recount no matter what.

Again, not true. Pennsylvanian law states that an automatic recount is required if the difference is 0.5% or less. This is not the case.

@Jesselandon wrote:

"BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT" ?

Voter fraud investigations are reasonable doubt. States recounting are reasonable doubt. How can Unibet eliminate 'reasonable doubt' 

No, recounts aren't reasonable doubt, given the Biden lead. There are no legal voter fraud investigations. Trump has failed with the legal action thus far (as there isn't any proof, surprise)

CraigL wrote:

No evidence of cheating? In 2016, Hillary Clinton claimed that the election was stolen from her. In 2000, Al Gore disputed the votes (at least I believe it was Al Gore without looking it up). Heck, I even heard that Jimmy Carter claimed voter fraud at some point.

In other words, previous democrats claimed voter fraud, but this time, there's absolutely NONE? Come on...

And what was the conclusion? Was there voter fraud in the 100k scale? 🤣 

If I claim the moon is made of cheese, it doesn't make it a fact.

• Like 1

I have sent Unibet's email support an onslaught of emails explaining that there is more than adequate reasonable doubt and they are hiding behind their terms and conditions to justify their decision.

According to my bet slip, I placed a few extra bets on Trump when the payout was as follows:

November 6, 2020

2 @ 15.00
1 @ 13.00

November 5, 2020

1 @ 9.50
1 @ 10.00
1 @ 12.00
1 @ 8.00
1 @ 6.00

Question: Why would they create such astronomical payouts for betting on Trump? Could it be that prematurely settling the bets was planned ahead of time so that they could get massive payouts? Did they know ahead of time?

When I contacted live support, it was clear that Unibet was aware that Trump would be taking this issue to court, so right away, that's reasonable doubt AND UNIBET KNEW and decided to pay out as if Biden is the official winner. I sent them a bunch of emails trying to explain this and the main message I am getting back is that the original decision will stand, which is totally unfair.

Something fishy seems to be going on here. This is very disappointing that Unibet made this decision.

• Like 3

@CraigL wrote:

You missed the point. I said that democrats in the past have claimed voter fraud, but because it's Trump, there's 0 evidence? Something's not right.

So what is your point? Someone claimed voter fraud in the past, and now Trump is doing the same, so that must mean there's widespread fraud taking place? 🤣 - despite 0 evidence and countless historical recounts. 

What is this Unibet Support Member?

Noone wants to hear your analyse about the ongoing stuff of the us election. Telling people they should take of their trump hat while carring a dems hat or what? Do your work if you are hear to work. Your personal opinions are not what people want to hear.

So back to topic:

There will be lawsuits against unibet if this elections turns out with a winning Trump at the supreme court or whatever courts and recounts it will be. I allready contacted my lawyer to check the options. This is beyond everything I ever experienced with a betting provider.

So unibet you should settle the bets again. If you paid out for biden it is your problem but as I said there will be much lawsuits from people who have bet on "beyond reasonable...".

• Like 3

@SvenE wrote:

What is this Unibet Support Member?

Noone wants to hear your analyse about the ongoing stuff of the us election. Telling people they should take of their trump hat while carring a dems hat or what? Do your work if you are hear to work. Your personal opinions are not what people want to hear.

So back to topic:

There will be lawsuits against unibet if this elections turns out with a winning Trump at the supreme court or whatever courts and recounts it will be. I allready contacted my lawyer to check the options. This is beyond everything I ever experienced with a betting provider.

So unibet you should settle the bets again. If you paid out for biden it is your problem but as I said there will be much lawsuits from people who have bet on "beyond reasonable...".

I'm the poker product manager, and as I mentioned in the 2nd post, I'm not representing Unibet with these posts, it's just my personal opinion.

I'm frankly just trying to help you guys, as you're swallowing spin and propaganda raw. I'm not a democrat nor a republican, and I like neither Trump nor Biden. I like numbers, and the numbers and facts are very much against everything you guys are saying.

You're reacting exactly as Trump expects and wants. He knows there's no way these law suits will result in anything (they'll all be dismissed like the first have been), I just wish you'd realize the same, so you could move on :)

I can only agree with the above post. Hold your horses and wait till you're inevitably proven wrong. Right now you're making a big fuss due to some conspiracy theory. I understand the feeling of losing a bet - I've been there more times than I care to admit (not when it comes to politics though; bet on Biden at odds 4.5 in this election) - but this reaction is unreasonable. 

• Like 4

I am fine with losing a bet if everything is correct. This has also nothing to with how Trump wants me to act. I have my own mind. There were allready evidence of voter frauds at fox news and fox business. The lawyer of Trump "Rudi Gulliani" said they allready have thousands of cases which they have to sort out. At fox news they said that there were a "glitch" from 6000 votes in one county which switched the votes from Trump to Biden. This is allready a official information and happend in Michigan and in Georgia. This software was used in 30 States. So this alone is a obviously something to dig deeper into it. I do not care what CCN or my Countries Newsmedia is saying about this cases. They not even mentioned them so far. We will see what the outcome of all this things it and normally unibet has to settle all bets because of that.
  • Like 4

Can you elaborate on what your lawyer told you? I'm very curious as there's a pretty good chance that the election results will be overturned and Trump will win.

What I suspect is happening (and I am speculating, not stating facts, so this is an opinion) is that Unibet or the traders (I'm new, so I don't know how the betting industry works) baited people to bet more on Trump with the crazy payouts I mentioned in a previous post.

When I saw the change in payouts, I recall Trump going up by A LOT, whereas the Biden payout was around 1.03 or 1.07 at the time.

Based on those numbers, I can't see any incentive for somebody to risk money on Biden if the Return On Investment (ROI) is only 3%. Who would take such a chance for such little reward? I speculate that this was pre-planned since Unibet can hide behind their terms and conditions so that if and when the result is overturned, they get to keep the money they (again, speculating) acquired from people betting on Trump.

This looks planned. Nothing else makes sense.

Any lawyers on this forum?

• Like 3

As someone not invested at all in this election, I am from Europe, I agree 100% with Stubbe-Unibet. Looking just at the numbers and nothing else there is no chance for Trump to win this. To say that there are hundred of thousands of fraudulent votes is insane. It just pure conspiracy. I don't know who is giving you this information but I think you should reconsider your sources of information.

Just a curiosity, if Trump looses all the law suites and you will have no basis to claim unibet did anything bad, will you continue to get your information from the same sources ?

It is sad to see that the world is heading to an era of disinformation and conspiracy theories.

As i said: Fox news and the Team around Trump plus many other Gouverners, Lawyers or what ever are my sources. This is not about a conspricy theory. I just hear interviews direct from the people who are involved. There are allready facts out there like the Dominion Software which counted the votes and had in two states glitches. I would not mentioned it, if this were not an official information shown on fox news. Also some US Post workers allready made testomonies under oath about strange orders for the stamps on late mail in ballots. And this are only two things of many. FBI allready involved as Deparment of Justice. So don't tell me I am believing some bull❤️♥️❤️ one idiot postet anywhere in darkrooms of the internet. This is not about someone likes or hates Trump. CNN for example should talk about this ongoing things but they do not. So one has to look at other sources to get the interviews. So my sources are Rudy Gulliani former Mayer of New York, Senator Lindsey Graham, well known Anchor Maria Bartiromo and Sean D. Reyes, American lawyer and politician, currently serving as the 21st Attorney General of Utah. Also whtinesses of pollwatchers and voters themself. So what do you have my friend?

• Like 2