When does Unibet settle election winner bets.

maskinjegern

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not a political forum. According to the rules for this bet :

- "Winner decided by who reaches the required number of Electoral Votes on Election day. If there is no clear winner on election day the offer will be settled as soon as a candidate is projected to win beyond reasonable doubt."

At this moment a candidate is projected to win beyond reasonable doubt. Looking forward for unibet to settle the bet.

• Like 3

@RoKent 

joe biden is not projected "beyond reasonable doubt" to be the winner, but yes he is currently projected to be.

There is still doubt that he will be the winner at the end of this, as the election process is still  going on, and trump is soon going to bring legal actions / recounts to battle states regarding fraud, so there is still reasonable doubt, we aren't 100% beyond it yet.

Unibet are playing it safe by not prematurely paying out winnings, look at the 2000 election, Al gore "won" for 30 days but ended up losing due to a legal dispute.

This is merely a projection with reasonable doubt for right now, the process has not ended.

• Like 2

Does anyone know of any other cases where it has taken this long for Unibet to settle?

I would imagine it would be appropriate for Unibet to at least make some kind of statement about what their view on the situation is, since other bet sites have already accepted the result as is.

The bet was supposed to be settled on the night, if result was not clear. IT eould be settled AS soon AS a result is within reasonoble doubt/major outlets confirmation. IT is not a bet that settles 20 of Jan. When it officially changes or based on conspiracy Theories or statements lacking any evidence. Will find other outlets for special bets in the future and just keep my sportsbetting here.

• Like 1

Can someone get a Unibet rep to answer in this  thread? All media outlets in the World has decleared a winner, prime ministers across the World has congratulated. Most bookies paid out. Terms of the bet made has Bern reached. Would like an official respons to why Unibet has a Very different look Themsen anyone Else on this matter. Please Also read terms of the bet.

• Like 1

I suspect and I really hope that they wait until the result is more transparent. Their image would be damaged if they pay out and then later it shows that software machines were rigged, dead people voted and so on.. This matter will most certainly be settled by the Supreme court where Trump and hes lawyers will have no problem to present clear evidence that fraud was going on. I do think that Trump is a big idiot like most of you but the fraud surrounding the election is unbelivable.. 

• Like 2

Well, if trumps Cheating allegations is the reason they are stalling payouts i guess dere unlucky to place a bet at the only company supporting that theory. This was a live bet agreed to be settled AS soon AS a candidate reached 270 electoral votes within reasonble doubt. If Unibet official statement is that Biden WIN is questonable and Systematic cheating from the Biden campaign is likely. They should say so. And make clear that ITS the reason theydontpractice  the bet terms.

j

ø

• Like 1

Not all.. There are some that waits for legal challenges to take place. I also talked with the betsson support, and it sounded like refunds could be an option if it turns out cheating took place. But allegations would need backing by a Supreme court order in order for this to happen

Apparently they're waiting on automatic recount thresholds in some states.  Extremely poor service given that every major news network has announced it, even Fox News, and all major world leaders are now congratulating Biden but Unibet is still not convinced it is done beyond reasonable doubt.  Don't think I'll bet with Unibet on anything political again!

• Like 2

I don't have anything on my bet saying it's AP based. It does say it's based on the winner on the election night, or as soon as a winner is declared. That has happened, so I am not quite sure why they are not settling it.

It does leave a bad taste in my mouth though, that they are not transparent about when they consider it done.

• Like 1

They seem to keep moving the goalposts - was meant to be on projections past 270, then AP, now beyond automatic recount rules.  Does that mean they'll delay whilst the late postal votes are challenged as well?!
Bad bad form when everyone else bar Trump and Unibet have accepted the result!

• Like 1