Purps football & hockey picks

Purps

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Purps

Riga had a big list of injury players - Meija, Balinskis, Zile, Makmilans un Mikelis not playing today and goalies will be 2nd one! First game will be for Dastin who get sacked from Moscow and now is back to Astana!  I will go with Astana -2.5 (6.00) Astana over 3.5 (3.35)

you got nice tips, gl 

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Hi @Purps I'm thinking of starting a betting thread on Mon and wondered how and where you set up your info boxes, looks much better than plain text. 

I might copy it if it's easy. :geek:

@GR1ZZL3R 

Not quite sure what you mean with the "info boxes", so here's everything:

I have all the data on "LibreOffice Calc", an open source Excel equivalent.

Then I copy/paste the cells I want to show to this page: Tableizer, where I do the formatting. Formatting could obviously also been done within LibreOffice, but I like the look I get with the Tableizer more.

Tableizer will also produce a full HTML-code for the Table, that could then be pasted to a web-page to show the table just the way it is shown there. Unfortunately this forum doesn't support that HTML code, so I've been taking a screenshot of the table, and then cut the table from the screenshot and pasted that here. 

This may sound complex, but once you get the hang of it, it's not.

GL, and do ask if you need some help with anything :Smile:

@GR1ZZL3R 

Well, you can also just type your picks on any spreadsheet software, and just take a screenshot of the table from there. That simplifies things a lot. You can also copy/paste from spreadsheet directly to this forum, but then the tables look like mine on the first posts of this thread.

If you don't have any office package or Excel, OpenOffice is good and completely free.

EDIT: This tableizer tool does the same job, but it's a lot easier to use. Less formatting options though... http://tableizer.journalistopia.com/tableizer.php

sorry @GR1ZZL3R, it's really difficult to explain these things without having any clue what the other person knows and what not :sad:

And I'm really bad at explaining things to others. 

This guy on the video uses the more simple of the  two Tableizer pages that I've mentioned, maybe the video will help:

Disregard anything that happens after about 1:30, you don't need that.

With the other Tableizer that i use, the paste process is exactly the same. Paste the cells into the big "enter data here" box. You may have to change the "parser" above the box to "Excel or TSV" for it to work, and then hit the big blue "Go" button.

You can try all the different options there after you get this process, until you find the look that you like.

@Marekss I don't think Excel is good for storing that much data. You would need some sort of a database program and some coding that would fetch the data from somewhere, but I don't know anything about that stuff.

I would imagine that on such a big league as NBA is, there are websites that collect the data and you could see any stats you wish. Those may all cost something though, I have no idea :Disappointed:

Monday 1.10

Allrighty, new month. Guess I'll keep this thread alive for a little longer and see if I can turn this downward spiral around. If I'm not on profit side of things after 1000 bets or the end of the month, then it's maybe the time to admit the defeat, maybe. 😞

But let's hope it won't go to that.

I might also completely drop the horribly gone football, and keep doing hockey as long as it stays profitable, since I'm having a good time working these out...

Annoying thing is that the sample sizes are still small, and variance could be on any side of things right now, we can't really tell which side :annoyed:

Not much happening today, 7 bets:

monbets.png.9b26d11e962c0c2b21f4cfc5387067ec.png

👍

Thank you @Puzzl3 Doesn't feel like I've had much of luck lately, so it would be more than welcome 🆒

Tuesday results

A turn for better, I hope...

Even smallish profit like the one from today, feels good after the recent run 🆗

Finnish hockey is turning out to be really difficult now, so I may reduce the bets on that league a little. Overall I feel that winner/handicap markets are better for hockey, than playing goal totals.

16 bets -----------> 20.70 return:

tueres.thumb.png.df40e191b2be419f7d49692a0f177ad5.png

tuetra.thumb.png.5474386a12a3aa67f83595585dedf977.png

:Peace:

Archived