Community WC fantasy chat

BonusPater

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boy Harry Kane catapulting me to 4th place in stoppage time. Now I have to find a politics bet to cash in...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@testuser1 wrote:

Issues recap:

• Points for goals not working properly the first two days – didn’t affect the big round 1 draft, only the first two daily ones. The fix chosen did change the point categories slightly.
  • Pick’em tiebreaker not working properly the first 45days – didn’t affect anything, as I’ve fixed the payouts manually.
  • Stojkovic not giving any points – pay-outs manually adjusted. Actual fix 72 hours later.
  • Penalties giving double points – fixed a few hours after the first penalty goal.
  • Salary budget not working for drafts – fixed within 24 hours, three days before WC started.
  • Possible to see the teams of other members – fixed within 12 hours, two days before WC started.
  • Wrong info from provider regarding scoring categories – fixed within 48 hours, day before WC started.
  • Players changing position (less than a handful of players) two days before the start of the WC – no fix needed.
  • Site down for 45 minutes, three days before the start of the WC
  • Site down for two hours on the 18th

Despite the list being pretty long, I honestly don't think it's as bad as some members make it sound :) none of the issues, apart from the first one which is very limited, had any real effect on the contests.

Will have a look at the additional contests tomorrow :)

giphy

zn8a5

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

So I finally took a closer look at the point system and noticed that there aren't too many ways for a defender to score points?

I always assumed clean sheets were for defenders as well but I was wrong apparently. So the only way of getting points out of your defenders is by shots and assists? Or am I missing something?

@BroederTuck, correct. We can't add or remove scoring categories, as the automatic data feed is used. Defender can get points for all the same things as a striker, just doesn't happen that often: shot, shot on goal, fouled, goal scored (25 points for defender), penalty scored, 60 min played etc.

Just like MoreTBC said,I just clicking buttons here therefore don't understand this situation. @testuser1 Can you clear this up for me?709768426_day5.thumb.png.cf3088bdcce8d3623f5068c69787a8e1.png

Also,I am quite sure that I picked Kane or Lukaku as a scorer but,apparently,left that row empty.
When I confirm my other enter/s,field is empty.Is that normal?

@XYdon't understand your question :)
You didn't pick kane or lukaku, but it is a bug that your tiebreaker pick isn't shown - or, you might have picked on of the two, but then got the two other tiebreakers wrong. On my phone, so not going to check now. 

On top of not being able to see them, you cant seem to edit them after the first time you submit your results. You can edit your prediction for the match results and the tiebreakers but if you change your tiebreaker, it doesnt register.

Starting 11 if someone wants to do some late changes.

Colombia vs. Japan Lineups

Colombia: Ospina, Arias, Dávinson Sánchez, Murillo, Mojica, Sánchez, Lerma, Cuadrado, Quintero, Izquierdo, Falcao.

Japan: Kawashima, Shoji, Nagatomo, H. Sakai, Yoshida, Shibasaki, Haraguchi, Kagawa, Inui, Hasebe, Osako.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

@testuser1

Thanks.

I have two more questions:

1) I saw that you said that in case of a tie the time/date of an entrie will decide who's the winner but what about the questions "Highest scoring team, player to score and total goals"? Because I thought they would be the decider.

2) With the question "player to score?": do they mean which player will score the most?

@testuser1 

I am sure that picked Belgium as highest scorer,would be an idiot not to,but I am also 99% sure that picked Lukaku or Kane (rather Lukaku) as scorer.Yes,last one I missed,choosed 8 goals.

Dont understand overall standings,how livertool is in the mix with 92 points? How 90 point players are in the mix with 91....
And we are all first???

What winners (3) mean?

About tiebreaker,why we cant see how we filled the space/s after we enter?
Can see matche outcomes but cant see answers of that extra questions.

Archived