Snooker World Championships 2018

Purps

Day 8 ( saturday ):

2 new games starting. I'm going with a bit of a  surprise with Lisowski beating Higgins. And on the other game I don't see Milkins having much chance against Williams. 

Hoping to get back on track with these. Also excited to see whether Haotian can challenge Hawkins for the win on the final session this morning. We still have 3 bets alive with good returns on that match.

New bets for today:

John Higgins - Jack Lisowski

• Lisowski @ 3.20
  • High break: Lisowski @ 2.55
  • First to 6 frames: Lisowski @ 2.63

Mark Williams - Robert Milkins

• Williams -4.5 @ 1.95
  • Total frames: Under 19.5 @ 2.80
  • Result after 4 frames: Williams @ 2.00

Bets on this tournament:

Settled: 30

Won: 15

Return: 40.14

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder, man. This sht doesn't happen at the top. It doesn't happen at the med level either.
Sidebets. Fk.
S
till pissed when I watch this

(jump to the end 2:15:10->)

Imo that was at least couple Mil handshake after the game. Can't blame tho, why not? :Smirk:

Not a great saturday. Haotian's comeback fell short and Lisowski whitewashed on the first session by Higgins.

Matchbets 2/6 and also Haotian's tournament outright goes to the bin.

Lyu Haotian - Barry Hawkins:

• Haotian @ 4.00 :Veryangry: 13 - 10 for Hawkins
  • Total frames: Over 22.5 @ 2.55 :Cash: 23 frames
  • Highest break: Haotian @ 2.63 :Veryangry: Hawkins 132, Haotian 125

Kyren Wilson - Jamie Jones / Wilson -4.5 @ 2.60 :Cash: 13 - 5 for Wilson

John Higgins - Jack Lisowski / First to 6 frames: Lisowski @ 2.63 :Veryangry: 6 - 0 for Higgins

Mark Williams - Robert Milkins / Result after 4 frames: Williams @ 2.00 :Veryangry: 2 - 2

Match bets on this tournament:

Settled: 35

Won: 17

Return: 45.29

Tournament outrights: 0 / 2

Sunday bets:

The remaining 2 second round matches will get underway.

Ding Junhui - Anthony McGill:

• Ding -4.5 @ 2.35
  • Total frames: Under 20.5 @ 2.55
  • Result after 4 frames: Ding @ 2.20

Ricky Walden - Judd Trump:

• Total frames: Over 22.5 @ 2.45
  • First to 6 frames: Walden @ 2.85
  • Highest break: Walden @ 2.70

Yea, Ding looking really good this morning. Quality snooker on both tables too, 101 for Trump on 1st frame, 102 for Ding on the 1st and then that 80+ with all reds and blacks on teh 2nd frame.... good stuff

Go Walden! 🆒

Walden rocks. I'm curios about Trumps play after the mid session break. I think if he could win the first frame then it would be much difficult for Walden. Ding seems pretty good, I think McGill will win 2 frames before the session break at most.

We may end up with both, Ding and Higgins having a day off tomorrow if they can finish their matches in two sesions today. Right now that looks very likely scenario. They sure wouldn't mind a day off before the quarterfinals start on tuesday.

So much sports to watch today. Very thoughtful of the Formula1 organizers to place the GP right on the pause between snooker sessions :)

Then there's EuroHockeyTour Finland - Sweden .... U-18 world championship hockey final Finland-USA ....

ManUtd-Arsenal .... NBL Caps-Penguins....

positive problem though :)

5/10 on the last 2 days of round 2:

Trying the spreadsheet format and  I hope it makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't so I'll go back to the old way :)

round2end.png.373c915da7ca6520c7e586a240995d14.png

All the 4 quarterfinal matches will start tomorrow and will be played to conclusion over the next two days.

My bets coming later once Unibet gets them all up.

Matchbets this tournament:

Bets made: 45

Bets won: 22

Return with even bet sizing: 57.19

Tournament outrights 0/2 ( one in progress )

Quarterfinals over. We were pretty far off at most cases. Especially Hawkins crushing Ding wasn't expected at all.

Only 3 of the 12 bets were succesfull 😠

QFresults.png.78c94d6d455bbf6cc82c9915fe0764cc.png

Semifinals are starting tomorrow afternoon and will be played over the next 3 days:

Kyren Wilson - John Higgins

Barry Hawkins - Mark Williams

Bets made: 57

Bets won: 25

Return with even bet sizing: 64.39

Tournament outrights 0/2 ( one in progress )

And then there was 2 ....

Unfortunately our favorite Kyren Wilson lost to John Higgins, who will meet Mark Williams in the final.

Two over 40 years old former champions, so experience sure pays on these long formats. Not sure what to expect from the final, boys are seemingly getting tired. Well, maybe it's gonna be a classic. One can always hope.

Small profit on semifinal bets, 3 out of 6 correct:

SFresults.png.c7bfbc4b52227a8643d634a51ad2b7ed.png

Final ( best of 35 frames ) will start tomorrow afternoon, 2 sessions tomorrow, 2 on monday.

Bets made: 63

Bets won: 28

Return with even bet sizing: 70.69

Tournament outrights 0/3

Hi @Purps fantastic drama last night even if it wasn't the highest standard of play, I think you're right Williams to win, but  lot shorter match, they're both so tired I think one will run out of steam, if not both. Hope the drama continues.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Purps wrote:

Only 2 bets on the final:

FinalBets.png.38a3351e21d0356e7f1cf17d797bb29c.png

John Higgins - Mark Williams 16 - 18 Final score

So great to see Mark Williams win his 3rd title, 15 years after the previous one. Great champion.

Also nice to end these 2 long weeks on a positive note, with getting both the final bets correct....

Well, that's it then, happy with how the bets went:

Bets made: 65

Bets won: 30

Return with even bet sizing: 75.54 ( 16.21% ROI )

Tournament outrights 0/3

Decent ROI, but the sample size obviously is very small, so no reason to turn pro yet :Wink:

Thanks for everyone of you who visited this thread and I'll be doing some more of this when the new season begins later this summer. Even if no one cared, I hope and believe that making "public" bets, helps me put more effort in, and hopefully get better results....

Laters :Peace:

Archived