Great value for the Supernova!

Leo-Unibet

23 entries today 12 rebuys 17 addons a total of 52 entries so 488.8€ prizepool without the rake. Again really popular, but as many satties it's tough to have enough players to start it. Having the twitch streams has helped tho. Been recruiting people over there to start games for a bunch of satties that might have cancelled otherwise 😏

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

If we ever reaches the guarantee, just let me know and I will increase the number of tickets that could be won. 

eca86bda385d1442d22f13

Tikiets pleeeeease...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

yeah we got trolled, lured into a false sense of security and then last second, bang, no tournament for you :laugh:

@FeelsBadMan I had minimum 5 players to start in the beginning, that turned out not being so clever when there one day was 5 players registered when the tournament started 😃  So now it's minimum six players. Really close to reaching the guarantee yesterday, we getting there soon. 

Yeah the starting number definitely can't be lowered in this one, maybe the starting time is too late, or maybe a feeder sattie like a 2€ to idk 3x10€ that ends before this starts. mostly the same principle for every other sattie. So annoyed with this lateregging fetish people have, I'd make them pay double to latereg just to piss them off :laugh: but I get it, better hourly, less risk, less stress on the bankroll, but we need you, all of you, to start them games, to make Unibet GREAT again 😏

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

So annoyed with this lateregging fetish people have, I'd make them pay double to latereg just to piss them off :laugh: but I get it, better hourly, less risk, less stress on the bankroll, but we need you, all of you, to start them games, to make Unibet GREAT again 😏

So, you want to build a wall around the tournament and make the late-reggers pay for it?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Guys, wouldn't it be smarter if this tournament was played with 9 guys per table instead of 6? The first 5 reach the money, so once you reach the final table, only one more player has to drop out. However, it's getting really unfair once we're down to 7 guys. Then it's one table of 4 and another table of just 3 guys. The players on the 3-handed table of course are more often in the blinds then the players on the other table. With blinds increasing quickly after more than 1 hour of play, that really makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sect7G wrote:

Late reg needs to be cut off 15 minutes before the add-on.  In the long run Unibet will do far better with this approach.

🤣 What a stupid idea! Hey, we have a tournament that overlays and a significant portion of players signs up late. Me included if I like the setup/results of the game so far. Why not alienate these paying customers, thus increasing the overlay, by discriminating against them and risk that these guys don't play anymore since they might not be interested in a game that sometimes turns out to be a rebuy donkfest.

What you posted is exactly what will happen.  The late reggers will be split into 2 categories... some will reg at the reduced late registration time and likely be forced to rebuy once or twice to make the add-on (more prizepool) and some won't bother playing.  I'd say they cancel each other out.  But what will happen with certainty is the recreational player that doesn't understand the ICM value of late regging will win more of these satellites as he will have an easier journey because some of the sharps can't be bothered to play in these sats.  Now that they win more often they are more inclined to play and tell their friends.

@Sect7G wrote:

What you posted is exactly what will happen.  The late reggers will be split into 2 categories... some will reg at the reduced late registration time and likely be forced to rebuy once or twice to make the add-on (more prizepool) and some won't bother playing.  I'd say they cancel each other out.  But what will happen with certainty is the recreational player that doesn't understand the ICM value of late regging will win more of these satellites as he will have an easier journey because some of the sharps can't be bothered to play in these sats.  Now that they win more often they are more inclined to play and tell their friends.

Do you work in the public sector or in a job very close to it? That would explain a lot...

On a good day (for Unibet) this game at 22:35 CET attracts roughly 20 players, 15 add-ons and 10 rebuys leading to a small overlay. Those numbers change a little from time to time, however it's always # of players > # of add-ons > # of rebuys. Almost every late-regger also buys an add-on and almost never rebuys.

Your proposal would reduce not only the number of entries, but also the number of bought add-ons, the two biggest sources of buy-ins for this tournament. Meaning for every late-regger you lose, the other players have to buy twice as many rebuys just to break even or the overlay grows. Why that would happen, since rebuys only represent around 20 % of the total buy-in, on a good day for Unibet mind you, only you know.

I mean which recreational player wouldn't line up to pay 30, 40 or 50 Euros for a tournament for a chance to get a 100 Euro ticket? :laugh:

To be fair it's not only the regs, most of the recs also latereg, but more of the regs should take the responsibility to start the games, and some do, shoutout to @maestro @MoreTBC @MathrimC @hensiepensie @Psycho79 and others that help a lot with starting the games, but unfortunately they have real lives and can't be on duty every single day. 

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@To be fair it's not only the regs, most of the recs also latereg, but more of the regs should take the responsibility to start the games, and some do, shoutout to @maestro @MoreTBC @MathrimC@ @hensiepensie @Psycho79 and others that help a lot with starting the games, but unfortunately they have real lives and can't be on duty every single day. 

@FeelsBadMan There is not many things we disagree on but this is one. Why should any player take responsibility. Unibet has taken the decision to take a certain path. Its a business decision probably in readiness for integration of the 2 micro gaming sites where players are used to this type of format.I think most of us have gone above and beyond with our loyalty. We should never tell anyone how and when to spend their money. I have decided to stop playing uk tour. I play supernova if it has an overlay. I have no problem playing €25 Supernova freezeout from the start.All this nonsense arises because there are not sufficient number of players. Blaming recs/regs who actually play at unibet is hardly going to fix that.

@pirahn I agree that there aren't enough players, and that its the site's responsibility mostly for themselves and their bottom line to bring players, but right now they just aren't here. And you're right, people have the right to spend their money wherever they want. You're from the UK, you have a million options for games, I understand that you don't care if they start or not, you'll just play at another site at the same time of day, no problem, that's really nice for you. But it's also true that the main benefit to a site and to everyone else for having regs is them starting games, keeping games running, so when someone does want to play, they have something to play and not just s dessert of empty tables and cancellations. You don't have to, it's your choice. But if someone is a reg, and really wants to end up playing a certain tournament, weather it is a live event or a big online tournament, or just wants to generate a profit, a little bit of effort to ensure the games run would be appreciated. 

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@pirahn I agree that there aren't enough players, and that its the site's responsibility mostly for themselves and their bottom line to bring players, but right now they just aren't here. And you're right, people have the right to spend their money wherever they want. You're from the UK, you have a million options for games, I understand that you don't care if they start or not, you'll just play at another site at the same time of day, no problem, that's really nice for you. But it's also true that the main benefit to a site and to everyone else for having regs is them starting games, keeping games running, so when someone does want to play, they have something to play and not just s dessert of empty tables and cancellations. You don't have to, it's your choice. But if someone is a reg, and really wants to end up playing a certain tournament, weather it is a live event or a big online tournament, or just wants to generate a profit, a little bit of effort to ensure the games run would be appreciated. 

@FeelsBadMan Most of us posting on here have more than put time and effort into Unibet. I advertise it whenever and where ever possible.I have brought several people to the site. We take the time to answer questions on here and 2+2. We help people to integrate at live events. Couple of times a year i giveaway my own tickets in promos as do others. Not sure how much more anyone can reasonably expect from its Customers. 

Yeah that's true, a lot of people have done tons to help the site, you included @pirahn . Of course the players don't have to do anything, and of course it would be best if the site would come up with solutions, and they also can't snap their fingers and just solve everything, besides the fact that everyone thinks they have the perfect solution while contradicting eachother 😃 . IDK I'm just trying to make the most of what we have currently until things improve in one way or another and there's not much more we can do as players other than start games and give our opinions right or wrong as they might be, mostly for ourselves, not really for unibet. But yeah I know not everyone is interested or has to or want to and that's fine. I'm not happy about it, but it's fine 😏 

• 4 weeks later...

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

If you want to qualify for the Supernova and don't care if the participant are few and tickets up for grab is many, check out the:

"Qualifier to €100 Supernova Rebuy 5 Tickets" , daily at 22:35CET, five €100 Supernova tickets guaranteed.

If we ever reaches the guarantee, just let me know and I will increase the number of tickets that could be won.  

niva.thumb.PNG.ab73dc67a3009cf02bcebb59bd00721e.PNG

@Leo-Unibet Just saying...

@WuDu wrote:

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

If you want to qualify for the Supernova and don't care if the participant are few and tickets up for grab is many, check out the:

"Qualifier to €100 Supernova Rebuy 5 Tickets" , daily at 22:35CET, five €100 Supernova tickets guaranteed.

niva.thumb.PNG.93c1670607269b29b1ff134d820de953.PNG

@Leo-Unibet Just saying...

lol first time its made it, lucky if more than one of them runs a day, add extra tickets and more players it will rarely start.

Think today was because the lobby was bugging out in all MTTs and numbers of players left was wrong, so people regging thinking its for value when really its the busiest the game has ever been.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192 wrote:

lol first time its made it, lucky if more than one of them runs a day, add extra tickets and more players it will rarely start.

Think today was because the lobby was bugging out in all MTTs and numbers of players left was wrong, so people regging thinking its for value when really its the busiest the game has ever been.

The late one usually runs, the earlier ones do so as well, except for the last 3-4 days. And today wasn't the first time the lobby was broken...

@Sect7G wrote:

I played the Supernova this past week and found it didn't overlay... so perhaps more people are getting excited about it and sattying your way in makes sense to many. 

The two weeks prior were Xmas and NY and it didn't have a GTD so I would suspect a number of people saved their tickets for the last weeks one.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived