New MTT Blind Structures - Help us test tonight! ($$$)

DavidP_Unibet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FreedoM I am a donk with your chips :P

You were raising a lot, so i will make aggressive moves in a freeroll. Plus its a freeroll and Im playing other games for real money.(well real tickets).

By the way im up 700e in sats from 3.50e in the last 4-5weeks so mustnt always be a donk :)

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192 Look by what did you showe me i perceived as fishy and you played any2cards, so maybe your better than this, but from the hands we played i branded you as a DONK, maybe you play different in real money MTTs but from the freerolls i perceive you as a donk even if you got the better off me :) doesn't matter if you have made 1 million dollars. If you are offended, i'm sorry i didn't mean it in a hate kinda way!

xoxoxo

@RushB wrote:

The antes at the beginning levels could have some boosting. Maybe after lvl 5 double the size?

And the lvls 6-9 can get quite tight, because the antes are so low, for those who has about starting stack or a bit more. But i've used to crazy ante plo, so my view might be little biased.

Glad to hear that he general feedback seems to be that the structure allowed for some play and overall was positive, especially as a lot of tournaments with this blind structure will have a 10k stack. 

In terms of players who only played because it is a freeroll and there is free money on offer, of course that's frustrating in a test like this but it is what it is (if you offer me free money I'll also take it). If I have time tomorrow then I'll set up a private tournament on the weekend for players I know to be likely to provide feedback (but I still have to award some prizes, technically this is work you are doing!).

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

I enjoyed the games, was a little bit longer than I like though.

I prefered the six seater table than the nine seater bit more action in that one but it did really slow down twenty from the bubble at least on my table.

Its hard to get a proper feel for it without it being a normal game, I wouldnt mind using my own tickets if you set up an extra UO2 or UK4 in them formats
and then could get a better feel of how it plays in comparison.

edit: the test game could do with being out of the normal hours of 5-10 as its hard to get a proper feel for the game when you are playing all your normal games aswell.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

👍

I like the structures.

I figured 100bb starting stack would be too small.  As after the blinds go up the first time stacks go <100bb and "the real poker" ends. But actually it didn't feel like that to me. How did everyone else feel? The level increase definitely felt smooth if that was one of the goals. A lot better with antes from the start than going without antes up to the awkward 100/200 level where everyone starts to get short but you can't really shove anything profitably. If every tournament isn't going to be with antes from the beginning, I would like to see antes introduced at 50/100. 

I still like the most the type of structure where you can lose every pot in the first 30 minutes of the tournament, feel hopeless, but then notice that you actually still have almost 100bb, avg is 150bb, and you have nothing to worry about. 👼

I sneaked into the money with 3 big blinds in the 6-max 5k starting stack. Avg stack was about 20bb when the bubble started and 16bb when it bursted, which I think are pretty good numbers so the bubble isn't painfully long and there's still some decisions to be made after you get in the money. 

I got a little money on both tournaments, but no final table.

@DavidP_Unibet the Deep tournament with the bigger starting stack didn't feel deep after two hours. At that point the blinds was 100% higher than the other tournament but only 80% more chips. So it felt like a litlle faster deepstack than usual and players dropped out faster there than the other tournament.

But both blind levels / antes works out in my opinion. Test successful! 🆗

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

The blind structure was pretty good and IMO we had lots of chips to play around and be creative, the 6-table was a bit more dinamic and I enjoyed it more; because of the antes most players were loose and limped a lot but it was pretty good as this way we had the chance to improve our postflop play... 

In the end, I enjoyed the games and  👍 @DavidP_Unibet for making this possible :)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@whereisrivaldo wrote:

👍

I like the structures.

I figured 100bb starting stack would be too small.  As after the blinds go up the first time stacks go <100bb and "the real poker" ends. But actually it didn't feel like that to me. How did everyone else feel? The level increase definitely felt smooth if that was one of the goals. A lot better with antes from the start than going without antes up to the awkward 100/200 level where everyone starts to get short but you can't really shove anything profitably. If every tournament isn't going to be with antes from the beginning, I would like to see antes introduced at 50/100. 

I still like the most the type of structure where you can lose every pot in the first 30 minutes of the tournament, feel hopeless, but then notice that you actually still have almost 100bb, avg is 150bb, and you have nothing to worry about. 👼

I sneaked into the money with 3 big blinds in the 6-max 5k starting stack. Avg stack was about 20bb when the bubble started and 16bb when it bursted, which I think are pretty good numbers so the bubble isn't painfully long and there's still some decisions to be made after you get in the money. 

I agree with this feedback. Busted early in the 2nd one, but went deep and final tabled the 6-max one, and the average stack was decently deep all the way. Love the early antes too.

I don't have a lot of experience to compare with the old structure, because I rarely played regular MTTs on Unibet before, but I definitely think this structure is decent.

Hello, 

A big question is what is your goal with the new sturcture and what type of tournaments do you want to use it. I finished around the money both, but i forget to check how long was it in the end. (but probably you have those data ready to analyse) Personally I prefer slow tournaments and both of them was comfortable for me, both blinds and ante was okay compare to my middle stack. People need to adjust their play to the stucture anyway, so it really just depends on what someone prefer, but if you offer a wide range of stucture, then everybody can have their choice. Now actually you have a lot of different kind, so I am really interested, which tourneys would be affected. To be honest, for a while I am down on money here, so now I dont remember enough to compare the feel of it with my normal tournaments. The deepstack didn't feel deep though for sure. I agree with others, it is hard to collect normal feedback from freerolls, people just play differently. I would suggest for later on do tests with small buyins, with something extra in the pot for the insights. And hope you decide on saturday to do the next, because Sunday is always busy pokerwise.. But thanks for the opportunity.

Good night! 

I was eliminated quit quickly but'd like to write that it was interesting experience to play tournament with anties from the first level.
Although I prefer playing without the anties at the first levels :)
There was some sitouts and donks at my tables and in the future i'd like to choose the 6seats one to play becasue it's more playable for me.

Archived