For you that knows something about computers

Livertool

If it's a laptop that's alwaysĀ plugged to electricity, you may want to remove the battery, if not already done so.

Keeping it charged for no reason generates quite a bit of heat. I don't even know where my battery is anymoreĀ :wow:

And don't worry, this heat will be over by the weekend and it may take a few years/decades for it to come backĀ šŸ†’

@PurpsĀ wrote:

If it's a laptop that's alwaysĀ plugged to electricity, you may want to remove the battery, if not already done so.

Keeping it charged for no reason generates quite a bit of heat. I don't even know where my battery is anymoreĀ :wow:

And don't worry, this heat will be over by the weekend and it may take a few years/decades for it to come backĀ šŸ†’

Yep, done so already with battery, i think iĀ“m.....

Don't laugh, however when my old desktop PC was falling apart 10 years ago I had problems starting it because the ventilator on the CPU was broke. So I opened up my PC, screwed off the ventilator and put up one of these to cool the CPU manually:

s-l300

It worked and I got all my data...

Ā 

Ā 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDuĀ wrote:

Don't laugh, however when my old desktop PC was falling apart 10 years ago I had problems starting it because the ventilator on the CPU was broke. So I opened up my PC, screwed off the ventilator and put up one of these to cool the CPU manually:

s-l300

It worked and I got all my data...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nothing to laugh at. I have this exact tower fan model constantly humming on back of my poor old laptop.

It needs to be upside down though to get the air flow better through the laptop venting holes.

Don't need it during winter ( finnish ), but now that it's like 30 Celsius here, this laptop wouldĀ die within an hour without it... And I don't mind the cool breeze eitherĀ :happy:

Ā 

rowenta_minitower_fan_1514424109_7c9e2550.jpg.ed733309408ce407ede1e7ef828692c9.jpg

@Livertool

Based on no info about brand or alike...do your laptop have a cooling fan + intake+exhaust ?

Then get a can of pressuraized air with a straw, blow the crap out of it.

Also consider screw it open, look on youtube and then blow the crap out of it...it will take down temp, dust come inside and block the air + fan get dirty, clean fan blades with cotton but that you dip in screen cleaning liquid first. NOT alkohol.

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.

What zipfil said. Take it apart and clean the fan. You might also want to remove the old cooling paste applied to the CPU and add some higher quality stuff - can make quite a big difference. Important that it's done right, but it's really not that difficult: take it slow and watch a few YouTube tutorials first.

@Livertool

1: you cant just cange it ....

2: You need to know many things like:

3: Exact messure, W+H+L (dimenssion) not only one of them but all 3.

4: Find out what speed your PC support like, 3 or 6 Gbps, diffrent support on motherboard, depend age, there are other speed also.

5: SSD comes in 3 diffrent types, SATA , m 2 and another one....depend what you have availeble of connection innside PC.

6: When it come to the brand and price I sincerly recomend to read about it. The cheapest one have weekness.

You want a stable one who dont have the "child sickness" that many had\have.

I do recomend some SSD from Samsung because of the quality and compatibilyty, like EVO series or better.

Anyway this you need to find out, also remember to find out about the Read+write x times before failure.

It is not as cheap as you would think when you consider all the facts....if I want a 2TB m2 SSD from samsung...it will cost a bit ;)

So cant give you any info for your PC since they always have many diffrent nubers after the brand name, that is just a diffrent way of telling you and repair service what Hardware is inside and for you to know, google yours, say a sticker under laptop with all the nessesery numbers, then you should get a hit to read about the drive you have on a page.

The normal hit show full specification, diffrent from EU\Scandinavia\Asia and so on based on the full model number.

GL :)

There wasnĀ“t exactly the same laptop model even in acer pages so idk. This is the motherboard and these ssds that could go for price wise. 120gb is more than enough cause using this just for internet, watch stream and gambling. And doesnĀ“t have to be best ssd out there, i donĀ“t think this machine will last year longer.

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/29074/jvrhv/WD-Green-120-Gt-SATA-III-SSD-2-5-SSD-kovalevy

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/50092/kfjhm/Kingston-UV500-120-Gt-SSD-2-5-SSD-kovalevy

Ā 

emo.thumb.jpg.cc68e36b9c58fd6229c78e58b6f4323a.jpg

@LivertoolĀ madness to get anything from Verkkokauppa nowadays :geek::laugh:

tax-free:

https://www.e-ville.com/fi/7623-ssd-kiintolevyt/16440-diel-faspeed-25-ssd-kovalevy-30gb.html

Ā 

better with about the same prize:

https://www.e-ville.com/fi/7623-ssd-kiintolevyt/16437-kingspec-25-ssd-kovalevy-64gb.html

Edit, oh didn't notice that was 120GbĀ Ā :Wonder:

Pretty good.

@RushbieĀ wrote:

@LivertoolĀ madness to get anything from Verkkokauppa nowadays :geek::laugh:

tax-free:

https://www.e-ville.com/fi/7623-ssd-kiintolevyt/16440-diel-faspeed-25-ssd-kovalevy-30gb.html

Ā 

better with about the same prize:

https://www.e-ville.com/fi/7623-ssd-kiintolevyt/16437-kingspec-25-ssd-kovalevy-64gb.html

Edit, oh didn't notice that was 120GbĀ Ā :Wonder:

Pretty good.

IĀ“m pretty suspicious about that e-ville and all itĀ“s chinese gadgets :D Have you bought smething there? Worked allright?Ā 

And another thing if you have to warranty, i rather walk in to store and change it than post it. Takes too long.

Yeah, got memory cards, pulse/training watches, some phones, wireless headphones and all kinds of small electronic stuff. Never had to return anything so far, which is nice. Had my suspicions too at first, but succesfull orders have cleared those . Sure the time of arrival may sometimes be longish (like 2weeks), but often the saved money makes it worth waiting. And some items has only chinese manuals with them, but you can get the english versions online.
Next order I'm going to do is the Huion 1060PLUS drawing table, which is insanely cheaper than the Wacom's about similar one's. Or wireless version. Not sure yet.

@Livertool

Both the drives you listed is 6Gbs "speed"

A fast google sertch show me specs on Acer V3 both 13" and the 17.3" support max 3Gbs SSD drives.

So maybe buy that instead ;)

You have to read the specs, if motherbord support only drives with speedĀ @ 3Gbs it cant handle the SSDĀ @ 6 Gbs.

SSD use verry special "drivers"....dont buy a noname brand, stick with the aproved.

If you only want it to run OS and no other things, a SSD 64GB capasity with 3Gbs speed should cover it.
Brand I recomend is: Intel - Samsung - Kingston.

Also look for sale, maybe you get lucky ;)

• 4 weeks later...

@ZipfilĀ or someone else tech wizard

I did this scan and as far as i know it says i can use 6Gb/s too?

ssd.thumb.JPG.51bdfbc888736c7d1600517eb1f5fa47.JPGIĀ gotĀ thisĀ ssd for free from friend, it should work?

It has old win 7 in it so i would have to format it. Can i do it in boot?

And if i just download win 10 boot file to bootable usb stick, i can install win 10 with it to ssd and it works with my old win 10 licence ?

And in worst case scenario, if it all goes bad, i can always just put old hard drive back and it works like it use to?

Archived