Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zipfil Rank 15
Rank 15

@Anonymous1

Based on no info about brand or alike...do your laptop have a cooling fan + intake+exhaust ?

Then get a can of pressuraized air with a straw, blow the crap out of it.

Also consider screw it open, look on youtube and then blow the crap out of it...it will take down temp, dust come inside and block the air + fan get dirty, clean fan blades with cotton but that you dip in screen cleaning liquid first. NOT alkohol.

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24
What zipfil said. Take it apart and clean the fan. You might also want to remove the old cooling paste applied to the CPU and add some higher quality stuff - can make quite a big difference. Important that it's done right, but it's really not that difficult: take it slow and watch a few YouTube tutorials first.
Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
tomek009966 Rank 19
Rank 19

@Anonymous1 Sorry, it highly depends on the type of cooling pad you buy. Which model do you have?

0 Likes
Anonymous1 Rank 23
Rank 23

Acer v3 and pad is this i thnk. 3 fans anyways and looks the same. I guess i have to clean it. Just afraid i do more damaga opening it.

fr_nc-cu3pk.jpg

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing"
0 Likes
Zipfil Rank 15
Rank 15
Anonymous1 Rank 23
Rank 23

First have to hit hardware store, i´m tool without tools. 90% certain that i´ll mess something up but this is so old machine that i guess about to brake anyways soon...

0 Likes
Anonymous1 Rank 23
Rank 23

Those ssd disks seems to be cheap nowadays so can i chance mine to one. As long as it´s 2.5 inch so it fits, is there something else i need to know to buy one?

@Zipfil or someone else who got knowledge ? Smile

0 Likes
Zipfil Rank 15
Rank 15

@Anonymous1

1: you cant just cange it ....

2: You need to know many things like:

3: Exact messure, W+H+L (dimenssion) not only one of them but all 3.

4: Find out what speed your PC support like, 3 or 6 Gbps, diffrent support on motherboard, depend age, there are other speed also.

5: SSD comes in 3 diffrent types, SATA , m 2 and another one....depend what you have availeble of connection innside PC.

6: When it come to the brand and price I sincerly recomend to read about it. The cheapest one have weekness.

You want a stable one who dont have the "child sickness" that many had\have.

I do recomend some SSD from Samsung because of the quality and compatibilyty, like EVO series or better.

Anyway this you need to find out, also remember to find out about the Read+write x times before failure.

It is not as cheap as you would think when you consider all the facts....if I want a 2TB m2 SSD from samsung...it will cost a bit Wink

So cant give you any info for your PC since they always have many diffrent nubers after the brand name, that is just a diffrent way of telling you and repair service what Hardware is inside and for you to know, google yours, say a sticker under laptop with all the nessesery numbers, then you should get a hit to read about the drive you have on a page.

The normal hit show full specification, diffrent from EU\Scandinavia\Asia and so on based on the full model number.

GL Smile

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.
Anonymous1 Rank 23
Rank 23

There wasn´t exactly the same laptop model even in acer pages so idk. This is the motherboard and these ssds that could go for price wise. 120gb is more than enough cause using this just for internet, watch stream and gambling. And doesn´t have to be best ssd out there, i don´t think this machine will last year longer.

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/29074/jvrhv/WD-Green-120-Gt-SATA-III-SSD-2-5-SSD-kovalevy

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/50092/kfjhm/Kingston-UV500-120-Gt-SSD-2-5-SSD-kovalevy

emo.jpg

0 Likes
Rushbie Rank 21
Rank 21
Spoiler

E
dit, oh didn't notice that was 120Gb  Wonder
Pretty good.

"Wise men know their limits. Great men have no limits."
Thunder402