GOT WHAT IT TAKES? LAST ATTEMPT

GotWhatItTakes

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

I'm still dreaming about some kind of very exotic destination like a stop in America (USA, south, whatever), Canada or even Asia. But I think that´s not gonna happen with Unibet Open, since it is more of a European Tour.

@GotWhatItTakes you might be in for a surprise when we announce the last stop of the year ;) 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UO Caracas...Cant wait!

Torre de David seems to be a fancy location...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Honestly, I don´t wanna start grinding the 2€ games. If I m going to grind them, I would start with a 2€, move up when I have 1 *10€ ticket and try to win a 50€ ticket. If I do so, I would exchange the 50€ into 5x10€ and go from there. I don´t know about Copenhagen yet, but there is 3,5 months of time to get one 2000€ package. If I take it somewhat more seriously and grind some satellites every day, chances might be quite high to win a package. 

Sure, you can also invest 200 Euro and buy into 20 different UO 10 qualifiers. Why not? I mean, the UO2 satellites are almost free money, since Unibet gives those tickets out like candy whenever they can, but to each his own...

Did you know that if you're an average player and you're buying into 10 different UO 250 Euro qualifiers, your chance of NOT winning one package is 30,32 %? I believe most guys that try to take shots are going to fail. Let's assume you're a great player and you make 25 % ROI playing the UO 2 and UO 10 satellites. Then you just have a 6.25 % chance of winning an UO2 tourney and go on to win the following UO10 satellite.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

sorry for the lack of updates the past couple of days. Nothing exciting happened and I don´t want to bore you with that. I promise to update more regularly in March though. 😃

So, London is only a few days ago and today I was looking for my passport and when I found it, I noticed it has been expired (in early January already :O). My ID expired as well and I really need to get some kind of temporal passport if I want to get past the security check in. 🤣 No worries though, I will do that earliest thing tomorrow and they will give me the identification I need the same day (at least that´s what I hope). 

I will be arriving in London (Stansted :/) on Thursday, around 7am local time. Does anyone take the Ryanair plane Cologne-London Stansted at 6:something AM as well? Or does anyone arrive in London at the same time as me? Would be great to meet up and get to the city together. I already booked the transfer from the airport to the city (return trip costed me 27GBP).

I m not 100% sure about the public transportation system in London, never been there before. Can anyone explain what ticket to buy if I want to stay from Thursday until Tuesday (6 days) and my apartement is in Zone 3. Do I need an Oyster Card?

In case, I will get to London in time, I plan on playing the following tournaments:

23/02 20:00 Satellite to the Main Event  110£

Depending on whether I qualify for the Main or not:

24/02 UO Deepstack Day 1 20:00 330£

25/02 Turbo Bounty 20:00 165£

26/02 Freezout 15:00 110£

+ Community Event 😃 (really looking forward to that one)

Because I have never been to London before, I want to do some sightseeing along the way. I think there are a lot of things to do and see in London, I m not sure what to do yet, though. 

I will probably get some short updates / pictures in here and do a big review when I m back home (28/2 or 1/3)

Hope to see some of you in London and good luck at the tables! :Peace:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@MarcoV and I will arrive in London Tuesday, but we're busy till Thursday morning :)

Regarding transport: if you have a contactless credit card, you don't need to do anything. Just use the credit card as you'd use an Oyster card. If your credit card isn't a contactless one, I'd recommend you to buy an Oyster card - it's just easier :)

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Hey guys, 

sorry for the lack of updates the past couple of days. Nothing exciting happened and I don´t want to bore you with that. I promise to update more regularly in March though. 😃

So, London is only a few days ago and today I was looking for my passport and when I found it, I noticed it has been expired (in early January already :O). My ID expired as well and I really need to get some kind of temporal passport if I want to get past the security check in. 🤣 No worries though, I will do that earliest thing tomorrow and they will give me the identification I need the same day (at least that´s what I hope). 

I will be arriving in London (Stansted :/) on Thursday, around 7am local time. Does anyone take the Ryanair plane Cologne-London Stansted at 6:something AM as well? Or does anyone arrive in London at the same time as me? Would be great to meet up and get to the city together. I already booked the transfer from the airport to the city (return trip costed me 27GBP).

I m not 100% sure about the public transportation system in London, never been there before. Can anyone explain what ticket to buy if I want to stay from Thursday until Tuesday (6 days) and my apartement is in Zone 3. Do I need an Oyster Card?

In case, I will get to London in time, I plan on playing the following tournaments:

23/02 20:00 Satellite to the Main Event  110£

Depending on whether I qualify for the Main or not:

24/02 UO Deepstack Day 1 20:00 330£

25/02 Turbo Bounty 20:00 165£

26/02 Freezout 15:00 110£

+ Community Event 😃 (really looking forward to that one)

Because I have never been to London before, I want to do some sightseeing along the way. I think there are a lot of things to do and see in London, I m not sure what to do yet, though. 

I will probably get some short updates / pictures in here and do a big review when I m back home (28/2 or 1/3)

Hope to see some of you in London and good luck at the tables! :Peace:

I gave you one like just for the fact that you also don't give a crap about those government rats sending you letters to renew your ID! 🤣 Cost me 5 Euro in penalty the last time I did that...

In case you're interested in history, check out the Imperial War Museum. Not as good as the USS Intrepid in New York, but still really interesting.

@Marco-Unibet and I will arrive in London Tuesday, but we're busy till Thursday morning /html/images/emoticons/Asset1.png

Regarding transport: if you have a contactless credit card, you don't need to do anything. Just use the credit card as you'd use an Oyster card. If your credit card isn't a contactless one, I'd recommend you to buy an Oyster card - it's just easier /html/images/emoticons/Asset1.png

Just got a regualar credit card, will go with the oyster card for sure! Thanks for the advise @testuser1 😃

I gave you one like just for the fact that you also don't give a crap about those government rats sending you letters to renew your ID! 🤣 Cost me 5 Euro in penalty the last time I did that...

In case you're interested in history, check out the Imperial War Museum. Not as good as the USS Intrepid in New York, but still really interesting.

"Government rats"  is that a phrase taken out of Trump´s word pool? 🤣 Lets hope they will let me off the hook without any penalty 🆒

Thanks for the suggestion, I just added it to the list

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

😀 "Government rats" is the watered down version I use in public settings, now imagine what I think of them in private...especially here in NRW where incompetence seems to be a requirement to be considered for public service. Not out of the Trump word pool though, 😃 come on, it's not like I have a life-size cutout standing in my living-room I salute every morning like the guy from yesterday:

huber-trump-cutout

Or should I say, not yet...😛

How much did you pay all in all for your flight, transportation and hotel? I'm currently standing at 840 Euro in Unibet Open tickets, I'm getting closer and closer to attending a live event as well...

it's not like I have a life-size cutout standing in my living-room I salute every morning like the guy from yesterday:

Well, that is a new level of crazyiness :Scared: 

Just imagine you wake up and there is this "guy" standing in the middle of the room, staring at you.. 

How much did you pay all in all for your flight, transportation and hotel? I'm currently standing at 840 Euro in Unibet Open tickets, I'm getting closer and closer to attending a live event as well...

Flight : 19,98€ total

Apartement: 318,36€ (5 nights)

Transportation from and to the Airport: 32,91€ = 27,00 GBP

Total : 371,25€

Good luck in London! Hope you make it into the main event.

Thank you @MathrimC! Would be great to play such an event.  :Happy:

@radge1 wrote:

Hmm @testuser1, Marrakech has been previously mentioned :Wonder:

I don´t think the exciting 3rd stop is not Marrakech @radge1. The DSO tour by Unibet.fr offers Marrakech as one of their numerous stops and after what @testuser1 wrote, it will be something spectecular. He said it will be the most exciting stop ever in Unibet Open history :O 

Does anyone know where to get the best cash exchange rate (€ - GBP) ? Don´t want to throw money away when I exchange the :Cash1:.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Does anyone know where to get the best cash exchange rate (€ - GBP) ? Don´t want to throw money away when I exchange the :cash1:.

It depends on your card and bank. I personally never withdraw cash when going to cities like London, but use my card. Whatever you do, just don't exchange cash at the airport :D

Nooo, I wont change money at the airport ever again. That is a total ripoff, I learnd that the hard way in Romania 🤣 

I have some UK-money left, don´t need it as fast as possible. I just want to exchange as good as possible. What do you think @MoreTBC, where to do it?

@testuser1, can one pay the live tournament buyins with your Unibet funds?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

I'm with Stubbe on this one, it's probably best to just use your card and the Bank will probably just use a spot EX rate to convert. I'd check with them to see how they handle overseas purchases. You won't really need cash apart from tips for meals and things I would guess so the money you already have should cover that. If you do want to convert a quick google suggests you're getting the best rates from Debenhams, which is a department store. The nearest one appears to be on Oxford Street which it a bit of a trek but may get you a few more £ for your €.

I'm pretty sure you can't use your accoutn money to fund buy-ins. Pretty sure I read it somewhere, will find the link.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Nooo, I wont change money at the airport ever again. That is a total ripoff, I learnd that the hard way in Romania 🤣 

I have some UK-money left, don´t need it as fast as possible. I just want to exchange as good as possible. What do you think @MoreTBC, where to do it?

@testuser1, can one pay the live tournament buyins with your Unibet funds?

Why don't you go to your bank and buy Pounds directly from them before you leave? You don't even have to exchange cash. And if you need more than that once you're in London, you still have your CC or MaestroCard as backup.

@GotWhatItTakes

I don't know, why don't you go to the next bigger "Sparkasse" or wherever your main bank account is and ask for the current exchange rates? Or check online? Point is, even if they rip you off for 2 or 3 Euro, that's just a drop in the water given the fact that your trip costs you around 400 bugs excluding poker buyins, food, drinks and money for hookers and blow! 😏

Do you really want to waste holiday time on searching an exchange shop that might rip you off as well? Some currencies you cannot get here easily, like the Chinese Yuan, however US-Dollar and British Pound shouldn't be a problem.

You are obviously 100% on point. 

My thought process was that there were a lot of exchange rates that are close to a scam, but it seems there won´t be a huge difference in the outcome.

Don´t know how you came up with the following though: "excluding poker buyins, food, drinks and money for hookers and blow! /html/images/emoticons/Asset7.png🤣 🤣

Thank you for all the support and help, it is really appreciated! :inlove:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Archived