GOT WHAT IT TAKES? LAST ATTEMPT

GotWhatItTakes

Pros only have to pay taxes if they're consistent winners for 2+ years in a row. There's lots of loopholes around this though and 99% of pros don't pay a penny.

It's extremely easy to live long term in British Columbia if you have decent amount of funds. The nicer areas are pretty expensive (Vancouver for example) but it's definitely a hotspot for tourists & celebrities. Healthcare is free & there's very easy transportation to go anywhere if you don't have a car. For citizenship you have to be living in Canada for 4 years.

Once Unibet develops an app for the iPhone, the number of new customers coming in would be huge. Because with phone you can just have a portable battery you can plug in & it'll last you a long, long time :)

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Magicadil wrote:

For citizenship you have to be living in Canada for 4 years.

Wrong. Maybe up until 2014, however since January 1st 2015 there's the new rule called Express Entry (EE). Up until 2014 you could become a permanent resident in Canada by graduating from college/uni and having 1 year of full-time work experience. With EE the government now uses a point ranking system based on age, language ability, education, work experience and so on and draws twice a month. One of my best friends immigrated from China almost 7 years ago, graduated from college and worked full-time for almost 2 years now and he's not making it through EE.

@GotWhatItTakes In contrast to "Schland", Canada is a real immigration country, meaning they know what they're doing and selecting the guys they bring in long term...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

, thats sound really interesting. Since poker players often are very intelligent, I can imagine how they manage to not pay any taxes 🤣

Besides, I didn´t mean to offend you are anything in the other thread. I really appreciate your response and you helped me see everything more reasonably.

One of the two players who sucked out on me is out. The other one is 4/7, but what can you do. 

I m not happy with the situation in Germany . They should have thought about their decision way longer and more carefully. I believe they didn´t know what they were doing at the time.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

The situation in Germany is abolutely insane. My estimation is that Merkel wanted to pivot to the Green Party by letting those migrants in in order to avoid having to campaign against SPD-Green Party-Left in 2017. It's really sad when you think about it, because the problems we're already seeing right now (increasing crime, welfare costs, terrorism...) will only grow bigger in the future...

Wow, I have been dominating the UO 2 Euro qualifiers. Up to 184 Euro now...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

The situation in Germany is abolutely insane. My estimation is that Merkel wanted to pivot to the Green Party by letting those migrants in in order to avoid having to campaign against SPD-Green Party-Left in 2017. It's really sad when you think about it, because the problems we're already seeing right now (increasing crime, welfare costs, terrorism...) will only grow bigger in the future...

I m not really into politics, but if it is like you said, Merkel has no heart at all. 

Wow, I have been dominating the UO 2 Euro qualifiers. Up to 184 Euro now...

Good job! You will be ready for the 10€Steps soon! :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

I have around 50 2 Euro Unibet Open tickets to clear first...Have you played any SNG25 yet? I think it would be great for your readers, and with "your readers" I mean "me", if you could give your opinion about similarities and differences between SNG4, SNG10 and SNG25.

Here s another update:

@WuDu, what do you do about expiration? The UO tickets only have a validity duration of 7 days, don´t they?

I played a couple of 25€ SNGs now, I don´t know how many I played exactly. To be honest that is because I forgot to count them on a paper as I usually do. :Happyshy:

I think the major difference is that your opponents are way more balanced the higher you are playing. Also, players aren´t tilting (or tilting way less) at SNG25 and SNG10, while players tend to tilt on SNG4. Another difference may be that people adjust faster. If you are opening very wide, oppents are noticing fast and act accordingly (3bet shove wider). A similarity might be the bubble play. If you have a big stack 3handed you can use maximum pressure on your opponents whether it is on SNG4, SNG10 or even SNG25.

Bankroll increased a bit in the last days. When there isn´t any action within the SNG area, I sometimes play a bit Banzai-NL20. Its very swingy, but like playing it so far. While writing the post I lost QQ to JJ to a J on the river :-( :Teardrop:

Bankroll: 1.232,85€

My goal for the next two or three weeks is to win at least 2 packages for the UK Tour event in Manchester (11th - 13th December).

Because I don´t want it to get too expensive, I will start with the 4€ buyin level. (4€ -> 25€ -> 100€ -> Package?! :Rofl: )

Good luck to you all who are playing tonight! :Wink:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Nice bankroll! UO tickets last for 30 days, no problem for me so far.

So you'd say there's no huge difference in competition when you compare SNG10 and SNG25?

I love those clowns that try to push you around with a big stack, all you have to do is wait for the right moment and you're easily doubling up. A few days ago, I was playing 3 handed. Chipleader had 5000 and the third one and I were each sitting around 2000-2500. Chipleader was raising like crazy and did so again from the button. I called in the BB with AK. Flop comes something like A-x-x. I check, chipleader bites and goes all-in, I snapcall with TPTK and he shows 43o. Needless to say, that dude didn't even finish in the money...

@WuDu wrote:

Nice bankroll! UO tickets last for 30 days, no problem for me so far.

Thanks! 😃  That s calming. 30 days is a lot of time if you consider there are sats running all the time.

So you'd say there's no huge difference in competition when you compare SNG10 and SNG25?

There is definitely a difference, but it ain´t huge. The opponents you will face are overall better players, have a better understanding of ranges, heads up game, balancing and other important aspects. The difference is the buyin though, if you experience the same downswing on 10 and 25 you are losing 2,5x the money you´d lose on 10. :puking: 

I love those clowns that try to push you around with a big stack, all you have to do is wait for the right moment and you're easily doubling up. A few days ago, I was playing 3 handed. Chipleader had 5000 and the third one and I were each sitting around 2000-2500. Chipleader was raising like crazy and did so again from the button. I called in the BB with AK. Flop comes something like A-x-x. I check, chipleader bites and goes all-in, I snapcall with TPTK and he shows 43o. Needless to say, that dude didn't even finish in the money...

In your eyes, I m probably one of these clowns. 🤣 When the blinds are high (like Big blind 200 or more), you sometimes do not have the time to wait for the best hand. But in your example everything worked out perfectly, that is how it is supposed to be 🆒 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Sorry guys, I didn´t have the time to update the last 2 days. 

My grandmother died a few days ago, I went to the funeral yesterday and now I m back home. 

After I heard about her passing I played a bit poker for distraction purposes, not the greatest idea to be honest. I lost a bit money on SNG, MTTs, Banzai and was a bit tilted because I lost all the important all ins. I really thought about playing NL400 or something, but instead I withdrew 685,15€ and let exactly 400€ on my ID (so bankroll still was 1085,15€). I didn´t want to blow the 1k€ so I thought it would be better to withdraw a greater bunch of the money. With 400€ left I still can play 10€ buyin SNGs and MTTs.

So, I didn´t play a single hand on Thursday and started with 400€ today. 

In the morning I played 3 MTTs. The first (4€MTT) one I busted with 99 to 77 (all in preflop) on a 7xxxx board for a TOP3 stack. I dominated the 2nd MTT (10€MTT) and reached the Heads-Up with an insane chiplead. 14k to 1,5k or something like that. I literally lost every single all in in the heads up. It was very disapponiting. Here are some of the all ins I lost (every single one of them was for the match). It was really insane, I had him down to 1 big blind twice! But he just won every all in - four or five in a row, no problem at all for him. Of course I finished 2nd in the end for 40ish €. First price was 75 or 85€.

T6 > 72

55 > 74s

Q7 > 86

J4 > J8

84 > QJ

78s > A6o

A2s > K8s

(My hands are the latter :puking: )

The third MTT started well. I built a stack of 40k (starting stack 10k), but blinds increased fast in the end and I didn´t see a pocket pair or any card higher than 9 for the last 20 hands or so. Busted with 89 to AT (5bb shove 5handed).

New bankroll (low because I withdrew almost 700€): 452,22€ 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Hey guys, 

today I have a nice update for you. Sorry for whining in my last pot about the heads up that didn´t go my way. 

I think bad beats etc. happen to everyone and nobody of you wants to read about bad beats that happened to someone else. 

So from now one, I will try my best not to complain to hard about suckouts and bad beats. 😃

After I read about the November Promotion a few days ago, I was very hyped. Since it is a MTT league and MTTs tend to make you sit long hours in front of a computer and thus many hours sitting on a chair, I decided to buy the chair I presented to you guys a few weeks ago. 🆒

The chair arrived yesterday and I already set everything up. The feeling is wayyyy better. I m really enjoying to sit in front of my computer now and I can play longer sessions way more comfortably. 

Do you guys want a new picture with the freshly added chair? If you do, remember me tomorrow and I will take a picture for you. 

Tournaments today:

In the morning I planned to play almost all the MTTs that qualify for the MTT league. In total, that would be approx. 260€ (please correct me if I m wrong). I ended up playing 5 * 25€ MTTs, 6*10€ MTTs and 6*lower MTTs (1/2/4€).  In total, I missed 7 MTTs, mostly Omaha ones though. I think the 25€ Dig Deep Omaha MTT didn´t even start because I didn´t even see it in the lobby when I was looking for it. All in all, the buyins was 223€, but I m not 100% sure. And what do you think? How many tournaments did we cash? Just 1. #neverlucky    I think tonkaaaa would have been proud. We ran so bad, it was insane. I guess it is kind of normal to run like that, but I ll post some hands here anyway. I hope you don´t understand me wrong, I m not complaining at all, I just want to inform you about what is possible 👼

JJ vs KTo (preflop all in for a nice stack in the 1,300€ GTD 25€ MTT) => Khigh flop

AQo < ATo (preflop allin; 50k Pot for the chiplead in the 300€ Deepstack turbo 10€ MTT)

AK < KJ (preflop all in; I m ok with this one, since it was only a 1€ MTT :D)

AA < KTo (preflop all in around, 12big blinds; 25k pot for the chiplead with 10 left and 3 paid; 215€ 1st) Board : TxxKx  #notlikethis

The worst suckout I received in quite a time: 

I had 77 and was setmining when a player from late position openraised. The flop is 337, two diamonds. The perfect flop for me. I check call the cbet of my opponent. We both have deep stacks, probably more than 50big blinds each. I hope he has some kind of flush draw or maybe even a higher pocket pair than 77 to get value from. The turn is a Q of diamonds. The flush is possible now, besides Qx hands improved quite a bit, too. I checkraise this time and my opponent calls after some thinking. The river is a 3, my opponent has a very good full house now, if he called the turn with a Queen. The pot is quite big already, I m shoving my last chips (nearly exactly the pot) and I get called. 
Of course my opponent shows me A3s, for rivered quads. Nice 1outer sir! The pot was worth more than 30k and would have meant the tremendous chiplead in a tourney where you can win big bounties and approx. 200€ for first. 

If you are still with me, that s good. I wrote about all the negative things that happened today to end it perfectly. We managed to cash in just 1 tournament and that is happily the biggest of the day. :Inlove: 1/107 in the 25€ Daily Deepstack 1,500€ GTD. At the very moment I m even leading the high leaderboard of the MTT league :Rockon:

I think I will play tonight again - probably most of the MTTs available. Good luck everyone at the tables! :Peace:

BOOM.thumb.png.4cce0c20c5e0a00e05825deeb2c1857d.png

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Wow , nice job, saw you in 1'st in the leaderboard this morning with a ton of points so I thought you won a bunch of 25s since you have almost 4x my points after I won one too. Didn't realise that the points were so much in favor of the bigger tournament. Seems like I have to try harder in the ones with more players to catch up with you :)

Thanks, mate! I did some calculations earlier and the bigger tourneys are by far the most important in reference to points. Since your buyin gets multiplied with the entrants (in the formula) you get way more points for finishing 1st in the 1,300€ and the 1,500€ 25€ MTT. But since there are 2 of them everyday, you have lots and lots of chances to catch up with me. I guess, you have to win these bigger events multiple times to finish on top of the leaderboard. :happyshy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

That's kind of the point of the split. I've discussed this with the Unibet guys before that and it's a very hard thing to balance. You have to weigh up beating 100+ 'easy' players in a €1 MTT to beating 50 'good' players in a €25 one. Who deserves the most points? I think the split by buy-in is probably the best way of doing it. If the high buy-in guys are paying more (in rake) to play they deserve higher points/more rewards for they're consistancy although it may not be as good an accomplishment in pure poker terms as crushing 150 player fields every day. 

My arguement would be that a player that ends up with 30 final tables at the end of the month with no 1st may be beaten by a guy that has 10 1st place finishes and bunch of min cashes. I've not looked at the formula or done any math so that could be a lie but I think ifthe formula is still the same as the last one they used it's weighted too heavily on a first place finish and doesn't reward consistancy. It's a battle I will continue to fight 🤣 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Very good point, sir ! :)

But if you reach 30 final tables and never win the tourney you really need to work on your game. 😏

With the small fields in the tourneys is isn´t impossible to end up with 30 final tables. 

I think the risks the higher stakes player are taking are much bigger. If you play 6/6 25€ MTTs daily and 30/30 days in November you are paying 4,5k€ in buyins. In comparison to the 1€ tournaments thats a very high number.

I think they changed the formula a bit, if I refer correctly there was a .5 multiplier in the end, now it is a .2 multiplier. So, there are less points to be won, be also smaller differences between the places. I may be wrong though 🤫 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

The .2 multiplier doesn't actually do anything because it's applied to the entire equation, proportionally the point differences are the same, it just makes the point totals look less discouraging I guess compared to points in the thousands/tens of thousands. The only way the multiplier would make a difference is if it were applied to a variable, like the buy-in or the number of entrants, or the finishing position, by making it contribute less to the final score. 

's 30 final tables < 10 1'sts , it's actually 30 3'rd places (assuming same number of entrants) < 10 1'sts and a top50% finish :)

On the same theme, 30 2'nd places in 30 ppl tournaments gets beat by 4 1'sts and a 2'nd in a 100 entrants tournament 

The differences are pretty high but overall I think the leaderboards will still be pretty tight at the end. The only tournament that might make a significant impact on the top positions on it's own might be the €2,000 GTD Sunday Evening deepstack in the 10€ bracket since it's so much bigger then the others, kinda like the 1k added opening tournament winner in the Rio Promo was 1'st for a long time on that win alone. 

I m just preparing for the 3rd day of the MTT league IV. 

Yesterday, I played not as many events as two days ago, but still we cashed in more 😀 I finished 3rd in the 25€ Hexagon for something around 130 and 140€. 3handed, it didn´t go my way at all. The beginning of the end was when I lost a huge pot with KK vs 33 (I bet preflop, flop, turn and check-called the 3 that hit the board on the river). I was crippled after that very hand and busted a few hands later. I don´t remember how though. I didn´t have time to be to frustrated and that was a good thing because I needed full concentration for my remaining tables. I cashed the 25€ Daily Deepstack again, unfortunately just a mincash that was worth 45€.

Yesterday I felt sick most of the day and stopped registering new MTTs a little bit earlier. Today, I am feeling great and I ll try to play them all. :inlove:

We are still ahead in the high leaderboard with close to 700 points. But we need to improve tremendously in the low and medium leaderboards. I think we are placed 50ish in the medium and 87th or 89th in the low leaderboard. So there is lots of work ahead of me. :scared:

Last but not least, I m really happy to play the 2nd superuser freeroll today. Lets secure that seat to Bucharest! 🆒

GL to all of you, see you at the tables! I hope to run deep in some tourneys tonight... :peace:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Here we go again, day 3 of the league is done and it started extremly well. 

I won my very first MTT, the 100€ GTD Ten Turbo. 43 players took part in it, 1st place was worth 135,45€ as well as 86 points for the medium leaderboard. 😀

We cashed the 500€ GTD Daily Hexagon, too. Like yesterday we reached the final table, unfortunately we went out in 5th place for just 49,72€. If I remember correctly, I busted with T8s vs A2o (battle of blinds, I openshoved less than 10bb). We got 26 points for 5th place, 1st place would have meant 130 points as well as around 300€ cash. :O 

Our second 25€ MTT was the 1,500€ GTD Daily Deepstack. I was able to built a stack fairly early, but close to the bubble I lost a couple of important pots. 12 people was paid, I finished 14th when I shoved approx. 12big blinds with A9 into the BB´s TT. There was an Ace and a 9 on the board, but he hit a set of 10s :Teardrop:

We busted the €250 GTD Daily 10 with 88 vs JJ 20bb deep. The turbo 10€ event was unfortuna, as we busted with AQs to KJo for a huuuge pot.

The biggest 10€ event started perfectly. The very first hand and we got dealt a pair of Kings. We 3bet shoved and got called by AK and AQ. No ace on the board and we trippled up to 21,5k. Unfortunately we lost 10k on a TJx flop with KQ. I checkraised all in on the flop and our opponent called with T8 (no flush draw). :Wow: We had 14 outs, so nearly 60%, but we didn´t hit any of our outs. With 20bb left we got it in good again with 88 vs AKo. Ace on the flop, King on the river and that was it. :(

The low MTTs really hate me at the moment. We busted 18th in the 125€ GTD Four Turbo, 12 got paid. In the 125€ GTD Deepstack Turbo we was all in preflop with QQ vs our opponent´s 66. A 6 hit the flop and we are out of there. In the Daily4 we had the 6s and it went preflop all in for 10bb. It was folded to the BB, who woke up with JJ and we hit no 6 and we are gone. 

The Crazy Bounty 2€ MTT was crazy indeed. We had AK in the BB with blinds of 2k/4k (1minute blind levels). SB shoved 50k chips and i snapcalled. He had Q5o :Tongue: Board was QhTh3h (we have the King of hearts!), blank blank. So many outs, still out of there as well. 

The superuser freeroll was a huge disappointment, too. We had K3 on a K3xx board with three spades on the board. We had the King of spades in our hand, I think I got raised all in on the turn and I called. WWhite had the flush with 78 of :Spades:, we had a lot of outs for the river (any 3, K, :Spades: ), but we didn´t get there. 

Thanks to our win and the cash in the Hexagon the day was a positive day - moneywise. I think we made around 60€. :Cash:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Really great to hear that you're running so well! Maybe you should buy into the 250 Euro Unibet open...

Thanks WuDu. I will play the 3rd superuser freeroll tonight, maybe that will bring me to Bucharest for free. 

Yesterday I had a very bad day, I played 5/6 25€ MTTs (left out the Omaha one) and didn´t cash one. I am happy with my play though. In the 1,500€ Daily Deepstack I lost to a 3 outer (all in on a QJx flop, I have QT, villain called my all in with Q9, Turn: 9) as well as in the 25€ Hexagon (A9 all in on 953 board vs 52o and T9, small sidepot vs 52; Turn T). Both times a very disappointing outcome, even more painful when I tell you, it was a chiplead pot in the Hexagon and a Top3 or Top4 Chipstack in the 25€Daily Deepstack (>600€ 1st :teardrop: ). I bubbled the 10€ GTD Ten Turbo with AQo vs TJo (flop 789 🤣 )  , busted the daily 10 with 55 to AQo.  Our biggest cash happened in the 300€ GTD Deepstack Turbo. We had an insane chiplead on the bubble, but unfortunately the following hand happened: 

3handed, final two tables, bubble: I have more than 200k chips, other stack at my table around 60 or 70k, blinds 5k 10k. There are way shorther stacks at the 2nd table with 20k or 30k. I am one the button and have A4o. I openshove effectively 7bb. SB snapfolds, BB wakes up with Kings and calls. Kings held and that was the beginning of the end. I was carddead till the very end. Still I managed to reach the FT. BTN openshoves his last 5bb, I call from SB with A3s (I cover him, 30k left if I lose the hand). He has A9s :Puking: and he held of course. That happened 6handed, I was 2bb short with 30k. I somehow managed to ladder twice and finished forth for 59€ and 33 points. I lost the battle of the blinds fight for 3rd place. We had nearly the same amount of chips, 4bb each. He shoved his small blind with 4Jo, I called T7o. All I can say is, that a T on the flop wasn´t enough. :Laugh: 

In the €150 GTD Ten Turbo it went quite good until the SB shoved QJo into my BB. I called with A2s and was happy to see a A9x flop. Turn 10 and river 8 and we are crippled. The pot was worth the chiplead (or 2nd in chips).

I played the community league event as well. We final tabled it but ran with A5o from late position in the BB´s AA a couple of big blinds deep. 
Would be great if someone of the unibet team can check a hand between "lukeschnortz" and "donYaro". DonYaro had 1k chips left with blinds of 300/600. Lukeschnortz folded his big blind with insane odds and he had a huge stack as well. Looked very suspicious, if you ask me. 

The low MTTs seem to hate me really bad. Lost QQ to JJ (Jhigh flop) when the preflop-action was bet, 3bet, 4bet shove, call for a 8k stack. Average stack was 2,8k at that moment. :Angry:

All in all, we lost around 100€ yesterday, but we are still approx. 650€ up for the month. I hope we can run way better in today´s MTTs. 

Good luck everyone! :Peace:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Archived