Offensive name

tao

Anyone could be offended by any name, and they have a right to say so. Someone else may not be offended by the same name and they too have a right to say so. Ultimately it's always going to be down to the site owner or controller or operative as to what is or isn't offensive, and maybe the sanctions imposed are not actually written in the t&c's but more a case of common sense. Just for the record I think it was offensive and agree with the sanctions, but anyone disagreeing is perfectly entitled to, it's very unlikely to change the outcome. Going off on a tangent about a completely unconnected subject is somewhat pointless, a poor but these days common tactic to muddy the waters. 

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

5 hours ago, Andy-Relax said:

23.1.2 You shall not make any statements that are threatening, sexually explicit or offensive, including but not limited to messages that are expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, prejudice or profanity;

Legal previous stated this covers aliases as well.

There's your why.

You're both right though, Stubbe should have just closed the account, not given the customer a second chance 🙂

Nate F. Higgers is racism? If that's so obvious, why did it make it past your word filter? 

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

Exactly my thoughts when i saw it. But we live in the world where "better" people expect all sorts of apologies for all sorts of things whether there is reason or not.

5 hours ago, Andy-Relax said:

Maybe Stubbe shouldn't have said apology 

Well, well, well...

So Nate gets banned for racism against black people, but Stubbe was willing to let it go, had Nate apologized to white Stubbe? Correct, @Andy-Relax?

giphy.gif

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

So Nate gets banned for racism against black people, but Stubbe was willing to let it go, had Nate apologized to white Stubbe? Correct, @Andy-Relax?

And yet again someone has read a thread and put their own interpretation on it, rather than actually asking if it's not clear enough.

Could you please show where Stubbe asked for an apology to him.

You do know that South Park is a cartoon and not real life don't you? 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

So Nate gets banned for racism against black people, but Stubbe was willing to let it go, had Nate apologized to white Stubbe? 

image.png.1c749c1985c9a0b4ca33d7038a90439c.png

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

19 hours ago, Andy-Relax said:

I did not.

What can i say, some are slower to learn than others but i am confident you eventually get there. I like to think that my wisdoms are like little seeds that i throw in there and if/when they find good enough soil to grow, they will. Little bit of more life experience and you get to realize that i was right ,again, just like in vaccine thread.

11 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

So far, it is pulling to the level of Liver, no more. Twisting the meaning of words is his style.

I've read that if someone is suffering from hallucinations you shouldn't jump in to their world as it only enhance their sickness so i usually skip these kind of comments. But here are some facts in nutshell if it helps you get out of darkness:

1. Stu offered for nate an option of apology in order to keep playing and that is a thing that no rules allow him to do and to add it don't even make any sense for nate to apologize to stubbe. It was same thing when Unibet was going to ask customers their health information if they wanted to skip UO due corona, they asked something that they ain't eligible to ask.

2. Unibet was breaching several rules yet got away without any sanctions or apologies.

11 hours ago, Greg8 said:

This guy is still playng. Another nick on table but on results page still as NFH. Wonder how he apologized and whom.

Curious to know too if this is the case.

On 11/26/2023 at 8:39 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

alias removed and customer to send apology to get access to product again

For those that skip the reading and go straight to the fancy arguments, can you point out where Stubbe asked Nate to apologise to himself, Stubbe. 

Obviously WuDu and his mate Liverpool don't like to let facts get in the way of a good story, they may yet make good journalists.

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

Nate F. Higgers is racism? If that's so obvious, why did it make it past your word filter? 

Hackers are constantly finding new ways to exploit software. Racists are constantly finding new ways to spread hate. 

They're apologizing for breaking the terms and conditions, so they're apologizing to a company filled with employees of different races and religions and all the customers of equal diversity that use the product for breaching the terms. 

What bit of all this winds you guys up so much?

1. The fact you can't be racist on the product (which one of you can't even use)?

2. If you're caught breaking the T&Cs you agreed to on signup by being racist on the product, you're punished?

3. Your punishment for being racist on the product may include you having to admit you're a racist and that you have to keep your hate off the product?

Edited by Andy-Relax
  • Like 2

Poker Janitor

7 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

For those that skip the reading and go straight to the fancy arguments, can you point out where Stubbe asked Nate to apologise to himself, Stubbe. 

Obviously WuDu and his mate Liverpool don't like to let facts get in the way of a good story, they may yet make good journalists.

Hence we asked to whom apology should be asked. No one answered so logical answer is to stubbe. I can't imagine nate sending email to all black peeps in the world, doing youtube video or apologizing in front page of the times, can you?

5 minutes ago, Andy-Relax said:

What bit of all this winds you guys up so much?

4. As company representative (to company that has breached themselves numerous rules in their ads) stubbe is acting like holier than thou expecting someone to apologize him for bad nick. And that is all that it is for what we can see, bad nick, without knowing what is behind it.

None baby is born with hatred against skin colour, it is something that is taught or catched in real life. Lets say nate if one of the many victims of these days where immigrant kids show their gratitude of safe country, free housing, food and education with ganging up against original kids of the country and making them kneel, beg for forgiveness, licking them boots and then eventually as bonus beating up too, ofc making video of it all (lots of out there in social media, send pm and i can send links) and then nate starts to logically associate his bad experiences to that to certain ethnicity and build hatred towards them. Not too clever as nate is, he spreads that hate to poker nick until gets caught and some poker dude asks him to ask forgivines for nick and at the same time he is forced to apologize for all the beatings and humiliations that he suffered. Sounds fair? Ofc we can't say this is the case but it might as well be, don't make that nick acceptable but little bit more understable... so if you want to ban someone then ban, don't ask for stupid things that you ain't eligible to ask cause you want to virtue signal your holyness.

25 minutes ago, Livertool said:

blah blah blah
Thinly veiled racist remarks and generalisations
Blah blah blah

You know the email will go to some random CS agent right? Stubbe probably never sees it.

What you've just said is "it's ok to be racist against an entire race of humans, if you were bullied by a handful of humans of that specific race as a kid".

Edited by Andy-Relax
  • Like 2

Poker Janitor

55 minutes ago, Livertool said:

None baby is born with hatred against skin colour, it is something that is taught or catched in real life. Lets say nate if one of the many victims of these days where immigrant kids show their gratitude of safe country, free housing, food and education with ganging up against original kids of the country and making them kneel, beg for forgiveness, licking them boots and then eventually as bonus beating up too, ofc making video of it all (lots of out there in social media, send pm and i can send links) and then nate starts to logically associate his bad experiences to that to certain ethnicity and build hatred towards them.

lol, what?

Everything from shoplifting candy to terrorism can be justified this way. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andy-Relax said:

What you've just said is "it's ok to be racist against an entire race of humans, if you were bullied by a handful of humans of that specific race as a kid".

I understand that you don't even read what i write cause you missed link earlier too but this is what i wrote

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

don't make that nick acceptable but little bit more understable

41 minutes ago, Andy-Relax said:

You know the email will go to some random CS agent right?

No i don't, the emails i've received from stu came from stu and answers went to stu.

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

cause you want to virtue signal your holyness.

If anyone sees evidence of racism should they look the other way and not report it in case they get accused of virtue signalling. That's always the accusation isn't it, but you guys don't seem to realise that these things can be reported, not because we want to be seen as virtuous, but simply because we don't like them and they are wrong. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

😂

Everytime you get debunked you bring something new in to this that hasn't even been questioned or written. None has said nicks couldn't be reported or bans given 😉

Nuff for me, wisdom seeds have been planted already, now we just have to wait to see when/if they grow.