Poker Release Notes 3.29

Stubbe-Unibet

Previous release notes can be found here.

Releasenotes329forpost.png.f3dccb79a39d2364e33751ff05f81437.png

Release date: 22nd August
Next release: 19th September (server)/26th September (client)

New landing page/dashboard! In this release we're adding a dashboard with which we're trying to show relevant and personalized info to each user. Say you've got a tournament ticket which is about to expire, and you're mostly playing cash games. Today, you might not notice such ticket, but with the dashboard we'll present this info, when relevant. If you're fighting for prizes on a leaderboard, we'll show info about that. If you never changed your table background or alias, we'll prompt you to do so.
BUT HOLD UP! Does this mean I'll need ONE EXTRA CLICK to start my preferred game? In most cases, no. We've also got a component for latest played game, from which you can launch the games directly.

Promotions

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• Banzai Flips, 24th Jul – 27th Aug
  • Time Based Jackpot Mania, 9th Aug – 10th Sep
  • XP Points Race, 7th Aug – 3rd Sep
  • August Mission

Included in this release:

• Summer Knockout Festival, 27th Aug – 5th Sep
  • Daily HexaPro race, 11th Sep – 2nd Nov
  • September Mission 

Coming in next release (preliminary):

• High Hand, 1st Oct - 31st Oct
  • October Mission

Summer KO Festival assets:

tablebgsumko.thumb.jpg.7ab7af128f982df63886ab4c859b23f0.jpgsummerkoavatar.png.88a7ef0b23d58917b77fef8d401ba148.png

New features/Improvements

• Dashboard

In short, the dashboard consists of 5 tiles and a total of 18 dynamic widgets, depending on who you are as a player: new or seasoned, what games and promos you play etc.
Dashboard is the default landing page upon first login of the day, we will discontinue pushing the Welcome Screen for Daily Specials.
Players can always access Dashboard from the new footer icon. 

dashboard1.png.ce782fc0c51525bfcb225f3f710be5bc.png

dashboard2.png.e8737254df83f1771f4f2e63a7b7193c.png

• Updated app icon (now same style as other products)
  • Last used category in bonus shop is now remembered
  • Money Train Origins Dream Drop game added (slot game)
  •  

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue with Tournament tickets page where if ticket is used and player goes back to Tickets section the used ticket was still there. 
  • The info pop up area for the Game Lab pages renders under the Game Selector menu, fixed now.
  • When going to Settings from TABLE view and choosing Table background we had a bug where default text and logic was incorrect. Now the text is correct “Apply to only this table” and the option is checked by default. 

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 22/08/2023 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

The Dashboard looks beautiful, for starters - like it, but it would be cool if there was an opportunity to customize which widgets will be displayed. For example, I would really like to have a widget that shows the list of tournaments from the "favorites" tab and the time until the next one, it would be very useful. I also wanted the widget, which displays all my aliases, to work in one click to change the active alias.

17 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

When going to Settings from TABLE view and choosing Table background we had a bug where default text and logic was incorrect. Now the text is correct “Apply to only this table” and the option is checked by default. 

Thanks for the quick enough fix. As a fan of a separate theme for almost every tournament, this bug really annoyed me.

20 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

summerkoavatar.png.88a7ef0b23d58917b77fef8d401ba148.png

Probably the best of the whole series of drool avatars 👍

PS. God, I'm so excited and happy about the table design bug being fixed that I won't even whine about the favorites tab bug this time, just mention it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

The Dashboard looks beautiful, for starters - like it, but it would be cool if there was an opportunity to customize which widgets will be displayed. For example, I would really like to have a widget that shows the list of tournaments from the "favorites" tab and the time until the next one, it would be very useful. I also wanted the widget, which displays all my aliases, to work in one click to change the active alias.

Thanks for the quick enough fix. As a fan of a separate theme for almost every tournament, this bug really annoyed me.

Probably the best of the whole series of drool avatars 👍

PS. God, I'm so excited and happy about the table design bug being fixed that I won't even whine about the favorites tab bug this time, just mention it 🙂

We have tried to design it in such a way that there isn't much need for customization, as you should automatically see the content of most value to you specifically at the specific time you view the page.

Would obviously be nice to have, but in order to for instance do a favorites component like you suggest, we'd have to unlock the UI further and even allow customization of widget size, and then it becomes a completely different sized project - a favorites component like you describe would need much more space, if it is to have any real value/functionality (have to keep in mind full favorites list is one/two clicks away.

Perhaps in the future 🙂 

17 minutes ago, norman said:

would it be possible to make it so that when the opponent mucks, the software would flip open their hand? their cards are visible in the replayer anyway

I'm puzzled because my replayer certainly does't show any mucked hand details wether it's mucked pre flop, on the river or anywhere in-between. 🤔

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

no i mean at the end of the hand, when you bet, they call and lose, or when they bet, you call and they lose, you can see what they had in the replayer. it would be nice if the software would flip open their cards anyway, so you dont have to open the replayer.

i dont mean to confuse you guys 😄

On 8/16/2023 at 8:52 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

We have tried to design it in such a way that there isn't much need for customization, as you should automatically see the content of most value to you specifically at the specific time you view the page.

Would obviously be nice to have, but in order to for instance do a favorites component like you suggest, we'd have to unlock the UI further and even allow customization of widget size, and then it becomes a completely different sized project - a favorites component like you describe would need much more space, if it is to have any real value/functionality (have to keep in mind full favorites list is one/two clicks away.

Perhaps in the future 🙂 

This seems like a feature with such a great potential, but Im afraid that for some of us, in current form its not going to be that useful.

I can give you example of how mine looks like right now, I am cash games only player.

- the biggest widget is a blank, just a graphic with a cards, not sure what is it,

- then I have 'change table background' - its ok, I do change my background every 2weeks or so, I might even leave it here,

- XP Race leaderboard - gonna be useful for high volume cashgame players, not necessarly for me tho,

- Loyalty Progress - its ok, I would leave it too, but I have same info on tables with one click

- then Bonzai/Hexapro advertisement.

So, at a current setup, there kinda is no reason for me to ever click the dashboard. I can get into loyalty tab directly from a tables, and then Im changing my background once per two weeks anyway, so its not a big deal.

I really like the idea, but at its current form it feels lackluster. Personally I would love the feature if you could customize it with gamelab tabs. But yeah, I also totally understand that it would require quite larger load of work.

Edited by PRO8L3M

37 minutes ago, PRO8L3M said:

This seems like a feature with such a great potential, but Im afraid that for some of us, in current form its not going to be that useful.

I can give you example of how mine looks like right now, I am cash games only player.

- the biggest widget is a blank, just a graphic with a cards, not sure what is it,

- then I have 'change table background' - its ok, I do change my background every 2weeks or so, I might even leave it here,

- XP Race leaderboard - gonna be useful for high volume cashgame players, not necessarly for me tho,

- Loyalty Progress - its ok, I would leave it too, but I have same info on tables with one click

- then Bonzai/Hexapro advertisement.

So, at a current setup, there kinda is no reason for me to ever click the dashboard. I can get into loyalty tab directly from a tables, and then Im changing my background once per two weeks anyway, so its not a big deal.

I really like the idea, but at its current form it feels lackluster. Personally I would love the feature if you could customize it with gamelab tabs. But yeah, I also totally understand that it would require quite larger load of work.

@PRO8L3M appreciate the feedback! Should mention the widgets are dynamic; they change and show different info in same position, depending on your situation. The table bg change you see because it's a new feature and I'd encourage you to click it and make the change. Then you'll likely see change card design. Do that and you'll see bonus progression (and if you have tickets that are about to expire, those will be shown instead).

The big blank space is a banner placeholder. We couldn't add banners ahead of the release but they'll be added this week I'm told.

XP race leaderboard. Some misunderstandings on our end around this particular widget for leaderboard. You're not supposed to see this one, unless you're relatively high on the leaderboard. Already got it on the backlog to have the logic fixed. Instead of the xp race you can for instance have tokens collected for current banzai flip promo, highlight of new promotion added or a reminder to change identity, if it's been a while since you did so.

- Banzai/HexaPro advertisement should show you your latest cash game stake played, if you play regular cash, so it's one-click access to what usually will be your preferred game.

Each position on the dashboard has between 1 (the banner) and 8 different widgets that can be shown 🙂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so, after hexapro game finishes, you get the option to choose a new game or quit. i wish that when i click on play a new game, a new game at the same stakes would open, but right now there is another window that opens, where you can choose a buyin and unfortunately my bankroll is visible. i dont like to look at my balance during a session.

could this be changed? or atleast have an option to hide bankroll?

another small thing: would it be possible to add an option in the settings to scroll by 1bb not 0,5bb?

On 9/6/2023 at 3:25 AM, sji said:

I have done whats required to be eligeble to deposit bonus. Have not accepted any other offers after i activated etc, but im not getting my freespins. 

Tried contact customer support for a few days now but looks to me the "help" obtion is nothing but a pipe dream as it never works🙄 whats the point

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

hey 

I played banzai a few times recently 

(After I stopped playing at the start of the year due to all the changes making the game much worse)

I played mostly 3 handed, the games are always so short these days compared to when they always used to be 6 handed.

(That’s down to a few different reasons)

I then built my stack, the other two players left and had to rejoin a game with only the initial buy in. (Super frustrating)

Banzai is just so so so much worse than it was last year.

It was even enjoyable battling against people throughout the day in which you knew their name, and the competitive element of going back and forth against the same players. That’s what competition is all about. Now you don’t even know who’s who cos every time someone changes table their name changes.

I could go on with how many things have made banzai worse this year, could list 10 things.

The rake increase was obviously dissapointing but I understand why you did it.

Thanks.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Siddle said:

I played banzai a few times recently 

(After I stopped playing at the start of the year due to all the changes making the game much worse)

I played mostly 3 handed, the games are always so short these days compared to when they always used to be 6 handed.

(That’s down to a few different reasons)

I then built my stack, the other two players left and had to rejoin a game with only the initial buy in. (Super frustrating)

Banzai is just so so so much worse than it was last year.

It was even enjoyable battling against people throughout the day in which you knew their name, and the competitive element of going back and forth against the same players. That’s what competition is all about. Now you don’t even know who’s who cos every time someone changes table their name changes.

I could go on with how many things have made banzai worse this year, could list 10 things.

The rake increase was obviously dissapointing but I understand why you did it.

Thanks.

Tom

@Tom Siddle, appreciate the feedback! 🙂

As we've already discussed most of this upon Banzai 2.0 launch, I don't see any point going into all that again. All I can say is that there's literally not a single metric supporting "Banzai was made worse". Below a graph showing one of the key metrics and they're all looking very similar.

image.thumb.png.b11b99bb1ff847b83ab8732cba60b2df.png

Is "Banzai 2.0" perfect? No, there're improvements to be made, but objectively speaking there's nothing supporting that it's "worse this year". On the contrary, it's so, so much better. 

On 9/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, norman said:

hilarious promo. i 6 table 10s for 6 hours and get nothing.

you have to play 25s to get a piece of the mid leaderboard. hilarious.

@Seb-Unibet is working on new HexaPro promo format. If you've got any great ideas, feel free to create a new thread dedicated to this! We always love to hear ideas from the players. 

thanks for the reply Stubbe!

i personally dont have any revolutionary ideas, i just simply wish that every limit had their own leaderboard. right now this promo is virtually useless for €10 players, and i go pretty hard - i 6 table for 6hrs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, norman said:

i just simply wish that every limit had their own leaderboard

I support. I understand that not as many players as on other sites does not allow to make many leaderboards, but I would really like a level playing field for players with different bankrolls.  I'd be happy to compete on the Hex leaderboard (even if it's not my main discipline), but if I can only afford Hex for 1/2 euro and the leaderboard is Hex 1-5, I won't even run a tournament  , realizing that I have zero chance.

Hello!

I like the new lobby, think it's much better and things are getting better step by step. I havent playyed for around 2 months, now I would like to get back on track. Can I ask when do we receive the playthrough bonus? Somewhere I read about every 2 weeks on Monday, is that true? So I should receive it today? Or just because I havent reached Lv4 this quarter it's not automatic.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1